Author Topic: Spoiler Kimbo Mercer Fight  (Read 1803 times)

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
Spoiler Kimbo Mercer Fight
« on: June 23, 2007, 09:47:17 PM »
I copied this from (I know this should be in MMA section but thought people here might be curious all the same):http://www.411mania.com/MMA/news/56173/411-Mania-LIVE-Coverage-of-CFFC-5:-Two-Worlds,-One-Cage.htm

Kimbo charges in, goes right for a takedown. Mercer grabs the cage but he goes down. Mercer up, they fight in the clinch. Big knees by Kimbo land. Mercer strikes but Kimbo answers with a combo and gets a double leg. Kimbo fighting, gets Mercer in to a choke. Mercer taps. Kimbo Slice wins by guillotine choke submission in round 1.

Crowd chants for Kimbo, it really looks like Mercer didn't train properly for this at all. Kimbo seems to need work himself but the important thing is he got rid of his pride and went with what worked. Hardly a technical showcase, but hell, it was only an exhibition. Kimbo sits on the cage, raising his arms in victory. Tank Abbott is up now, approaching the ring. He congratulates Kimbo. Tank looks like he's calling Kimbo out, points at him but they're being respectful. That's surprising. Kimbo calls out to the crowd, says he was training for MMA. He calls Tank out, says they have to talk and make the fight happen. They are starting to get aggressive, the crowd loves it and calls for Tank to jump the cage. Tank looks like he's going to do it. CFFC suits say the fight will happen.