Author Topic: My thoughts on the Figure Olympia!  (Read 2033 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
My thoughts on the Figure Olympia!
« on: October 02, 2007, 10:40:42 AM »
the women looked flat, not much shape.  I was sitting in the back though, and BB.com and muscle tech used 2 of the 3 screens to push their logos down you're throat.  They could have been used so I could have seen the Figure comparisons.  By the time they got it together, the figure competition was over.

I'm pissed off at Muscletech and BB.com for not really concentrating on the contest as much as they did on marketing.  they really suck.  I'll never buy their stuff again.  They ripped me off again!!!!
Most are all show no go!

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: My thoughts on the Figure Olympia!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 10:43:58 AM »
i have no thoughts on the figure olympia.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 10:51:32 AM »
it is always interesting when the fitness women are profiled in a regular magazine

I love how they stress their yoga or pilates based exercise as being key to their body, how much they love organic foods. And how healthy they eat while drinking 1 gallon of water per day

always forgetting to leave out the ECA/Clen/T3...

fatty mom at home with 2 kids and 40lbs over weight reads that shit and actually believes it  :(
Here comes the money shot

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 11:00:46 AM »
All the girls looked great IMO, but I personally prefer the looks in the early days of fitness. Now the USA is pushing out pros so quickly I cannot even track who who is a pro, one show gives 12 cards alone. About 30 figure cards a year the USA gives I think [?] and Europe seems to be giving them almost arbitrarily, so there are such a large amount of figure pros now.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 11:11:52 AM »
I agree that some of the women, although lovely, looked a little flat and over-dieted.  I prefer a "fuller" shape for figure. 

Jenny Lynn is so beautiful and one of my all-time favorites, but where did her ass go?   ???

I also thought that the judging was kind of all over the place, but that's par for the course with figure.

:)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 12:04:56 PM »

The Figure Olympia is worth talking about this year, primarily because of all the excuse-making by the spin doctors responsible for making sure that the judges are never questioned.

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 12:33:49 PM »
show me big ass big tits small waist tight arms

not some flat ass thats only sticking out because of 6 inch heels and boney tits

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 12:43:44 PM »
My thoughts on the female events:

Don't put them next to the male events just to get an audience.  Had the Ms. Olympia (bodybuilding) been a stand alone event, I would be surprised if even 100 people showed up.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Jayhawk

• Getbig II
  • The Heavy Metal Jayhawk
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »
Normally, I like brunettes. But I didn't like Monica's darker hair.

Jason