Author Topic: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.  (Read 2065 times)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: Interracial couple denied marriage license in La.
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 08:18:32 PM »
Believe it or not, there is a Strom Thurmond Building and Blvd. on Fort Jackson, South Carolina.

I couldn't belive it when I heard it.
Strom Thurmond on de-segregation:

I wanna tell you, ladies and gentlemen, that there's not enough troops in the army to force the Southern people to break down segregation and admit the nigra race into our theaters, into our swimming pools, into our homes, and into our churches.
G

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 08:19:47 PM »

What the hell's that got to do with anything?  I just googled the guy's name and he was a Democrat until he switched in 2008.  Are you saying liberals can't be racist?
bump for an answer bay

seems you liberals never learn that you have idiots same as we conservatives... ;)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 08:37:43 PM »
Believe it or not, there is a Strom Thurmond Building and Blvd. on Fort Jackson, South Carolina.

I couldn't belive it when I heard it.

Oh, I believe it.  As, I said, they never learn. ::)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2009, 08:39:29 PM »
Oh, I believe it.  As, I said, they never learn. ::)
did you see skips post that said this judge was a dem until 2008?

guess you libs never learn either you arent any better then anybody else bucko

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2009, 06:17:37 AM »
People shouldn't even get worked up about shit like this. So what?! The guy's not politically correct, that doesn't mean people need to get sand in their labia.

Everybody doesn't have to accept, endorse or legitimize everything people do to avoid conflict or hurt feelings.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 06:32:58 AM »
People shouldn't even get worked up about shit like this. So what?! The guy's not politically correct, that doesn't mean people need to get sand in their labia.

Everybody doesn't have to accept, endorse or legitimize everything people do to avoid conflict or hurt feelings.

Doc, you are right.  It's funny how so many of the people who are "outraged" at this are probably the same ones who say the exact same thing this guy did behind closed doors.  I've been around "liberals" who are some of the most outright racist people you could meet, and half of them don't even realize it.

Until we get honest about racism, prejudice, etc... it will always exist.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 06:37:23 AM »
Doc, you are right.  It's funny how so many of the people who are "outraged" at this are probably the same ones who say the exact same thing this guy did behind closed doors.  I've been around "liberals" who are some of the most outright racist people you could meet, and half of them don't even realize it.

I dont have a problem with him being racist at all.  its his right to be racist.

However, the judge does not have the right to apply the law unequally based on race. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 06:41:14 AM »
I dont have a problem with him being racist at all.  its his right to be racist.

However, the judge does not have the right to apply the law unequally based on race. 

But it happens all the time.  Sentencing/decisions are different based on race, sex, age, etc... yet because this is an interracial couple thing, people are getting their panties in a twist.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 06:47:02 AM »
But it happens all the time.  Sentencing/decisions are different based on race, sex, age, etc... yet because this is an interracial couple thing, people are getting their panties in a twist.

I agree that it happens, but it is not right. 

Would this judge feel the same way say with a Japanese Man - White Woman?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 06:49:50 AM »
I agree that it happens, but it is not right. 

Would this judge feel the same way say with a Japanese Man - White Woman?

I'm going to guess no.  Reason?  He would probably say that many children of Asian/cauc mix are successful, etc...  I'm not saying I agree, just pointing out what his opinion probably is.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »
I'm going to guess no.  Reason?  He would probably say that many children of Asian/cauc mix are successful, etc...  I'm not saying I agree, just pointing out what his opinion probably is.

Look - I see where the judge might be coming from even if i dont agree with him, but when you take the same reasoning and apply it to other situations, its not so black and white (no pun intended).

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 06:58:15 AM »

I believe a certain amount of what we call racism is an evolutionary survival tool. Way back in the day it was necessary to recognize people from your own tribe and know immediately who was a threat. Personally, I feel these days it's more or less an outward sign of hidden mental weakness.

It's liberals who created this mess in the first place. Now anyone who disagrees with anything somebody is doing gets called a racist and everybody thinks they're a separate race, LOL! I mean really.... some gays actually think they're a new race now.

I'll tell you one more thing Showstoppa, NameDroppa.... the only reason gays even care about this couple is because they want blacks to 'feel how they feel' or some other lame shit like that. Nothing more, nothing less. We all know damn well that's why Bay posted this shit so lets call a spade a spade. :)

If I wanted to marry a white chick and the judge said he was against interracial marriages, I would thank him for being honest and get another person for the ceremony. Jaded as my ass is about marriage, it would be disrespectful to force someone with bad feelings, intentions or whatever to participate in the union against their will. Wanting marriage under those circumstances, just for the sake of doing it, would show you had no respect for the tradition itself. It's supposed to be something special, not a political thing.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2009, 12:32:58 AM »
^I agree^

Like i have always said stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason...

they are meant to protect us or help us, not saying its right or wrong but they are there for reason....