Poll

Stay
45 (45.5%)
Go
41 (41.4%)
Crossfire in a Revolution
13 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Strawman  (Read 161945 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Strawman
« Reply #375 on: April 06, 2021, 06:41:29 PM »
Still complaining about Trump? What has it been, 5 years straight now?

Still lying about gimmicks?  What has it been?  All your life now?

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #376 on: April 06, 2021, 06:43:24 PM »
Not really. The only differences between him and the political class were at the edges. Support for Israel? Both parties. Increased defense spending? Both parties. Zero entitlement reform? Both parties. Increased government spending? Both parties. The list is endless. What you got caught up in was just theater.

Don’t even try to convince us that Donald Trump is similar in any way to the abject failure Barack Obama.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #377 on: April 06, 2021, 06:45:44 PM »
I'm going to circle back to that.... ::)
If you believe the 24/7 negativity for 5 years in the news didn't influence the election, you just aren't being logical.  The highlighted part is solely party affiliation and support speaking, separate yourself from the D and take a neutral look at things. ;)

No it didn't affect the election because all the negative things in the news didn't matter to the people who loved him and any positive things in the news didn't matter to the people who hated him.

He had many opportunities to actually try to make inroads with people in his own party that was against him but failed to do so because it was nothing but me me me me.  His biggest problem was thinking he knew everything and avoiding/ignoring the counsel of people in his administration that were trying to help him. 

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #378 on: April 06, 2021, 06:50:09 PM »
Don’t even try to convince us that Donald Trump is similar in any way to the abject failure Barack Obama.

Did Obama fail you? Sorry to hear that. I really don’t remember much about his presidency. I know I made more money every year he was in office (as with every other president). I got more things, put more money towards my retirement, paid down my mortgages, etc. My kids got older and did well. So overall life got better, as it did under Trump. Again, sorry to hear Obama negatively impacted your life. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #379 on: April 06, 2021, 06:51:15 PM »
Imagine if Trump gave a speech without lying every other sentence..  he wouldn't have been subjected to negative coverage.  Or at the very least if one of his press secretaries could give a speech that wasn't a clusterfuck of exaggerations and false information that was easily proven to be bullshit.

Biden fell three times going up the stairs?  So?  If there a limit on how many one is allowed?

The media can impact a way a president is viewed, but in Trump's case that was already established long ago by his own actions.  I have read that the 2020 election was the one in which there were truly "fewer independents" than registered, meaning that long before the election there were few people who were still on the fence about who they were voting for.  Or voting against.  There is absolutely nothing that could have been done in the news, social media, or on this board to sway another person's opinion prior to the election.

You and your fellow creatures hate President Trump and all those who are like him, i.e, AMERICANS,   Because we choose not to hyphenate our allegiance in any way, shape or form to our Nation.  We are Americans. Your weirdness and allegiance to whatever you think is more "woke" before that.  You're hispanic-America, gay-American, cis-American (WTF is "cis" anyway?) and to be homes what your real fuckup is you are just anti-American.

You think you're going to "win", that you're going to crush America under you jack-booted pumps.  Well, you and your fellow BLM, Antifa, DEF2YT, et al weirdos will  have to commit treason against all that is good.

That is fact.  And here's another fact.  Not all of us are crippled, seasoned citizens... ;D  I'll tell you this, you aren't an asshole, you're a whole ass.  You and your balloon knot buddies here and I suspect, in the real world.   So then Mr. anti-American, fuck off.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #380 on: April 06, 2021, 06:53:12 PM »
Did Obama fail you? Sorry to hear that. I really don’t remember much about his presidency. I know I made more money every year he was in office (as with every other president). I got more things, put more money towards my retirement, paid down my mortgages, etc. My kids got older and did well. So overall life got better, as it did under Trump. Again, sorry to hear Obama negatively impacted your life.

Obama was a failure at all levels and in all ways.

The rest of your story is about as believable as a Brian Stelter expose.

Carry on convincing yourself of that, it will keep you from hanging yourself from your garage rafters.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #381 on: April 06, 2021, 06:53:26 PM »
You and your fellow creatures hate President Trump and all those who are like him, i.e, AMERICANS,   Because we choose not to hyphenate our allegiance in any way, shape or form to our Nation.  We are Americans. Your weirdness and allegiance to whatever you think is more "woke" before that.  You're hispanic-America, gay-American, cis-American (WTF is "cis" anyway?) and to be homes what your real fuckup is you are just anti-American.

You think you're going to "win", that you're going to crush America under you jack-booted pumps.  Well, you and your fellow BLM, Antifa, DEF2YT, et al weirdos will  have to commit treason against all that is good.

That is fact.  And here's another fact.  Not all of us are crippled, seasoned citizens... ;D  I'll tell you this, you aren't an asshole, you're a whole ass.  You and your balloon knot buddies here and I suspect, in the real world.   So then Mr. anti-American, fuck off.

Metamucil induced meltdown.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: April 06, 2021, 07:01:30 PM »

Obama did nothing.  Nothing to help anyone.  Not a damn thing.  If that's what you want, then continue to vote for these leeches.  President Trump did more for American in his four years than anyone in decades. 

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #383 on: April 06, 2021, 07:01:59 PM »

The rest of your story is about as believable as a Brian Stelter expose.

Carry on convincing yourself of that, it will keep you from hanging yourself from your garage rafters.

I know, he should’ve stopped the attack on the WTC ... oh wait ...

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #384 on: April 06, 2021, 07:04:16 PM »
Not really. The only differences between him and the political class were at the edges. Support for Israel? Both parties. Increased defense spending? Both parties. Zero entitlement reform? Both parties. Increased government spending? Both parties. The list is endless. What you got caught up in was just theater.

Things are a bit more nuanced than that, but for the sake of staying on topic, fine.  There's policy, and there's style, or theater as you call it.

I'm just not writing off the theater aspect, as it had impacts.  Heck, it cost him a second term.

His overall behavior, and the corresponding behavior towards him was like no other.  Not even close to being anything near status quo.
Y

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #385 on: April 06, 2021, 07:05:47 PM »
Obama did nothing.  Nothing to help anyone.  Not a damn thing.  If that's what you want, then continue to vote for these leeches.  President Trump did more for American in his four years than anyone in decades.

I wasn’t expecting anything. The president isn’t your father. Stop looking to others to “help.” So for yourself.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #386 on: April 06, 2021, 07:08:53 PM »
I wasn’t expecting anything. The president isn’t your father. Stop looking to others to “help.” So for yourself.

What are you typing about?  I don't expect anyone to be my "father" and I also work for a living and proudly so now for decades.

I look to our President to lead us forward.  Obama promised change.  Anyone can "change" but what is NEEDED is CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.  And that is exactly what we got with President Donald J. Trump.

OlympiaGym

• Getbig IV
  • they/them/their
« Reply #387 on: April 06, 2021, 07:10:48 PM »
Things are a bit more nuanced than that, but for the sake of staying on topic, fine.  There's policy, and there's style, or theater as you call it.

I'm just not writing off the theater aspect, as it had impacts.  Heck, it cost him a second term.

His overall behavior, and the corresponding behavior towards him was like no other.  Not even close to being anything near status quo.

Fair point but in the end the donor class calls the shots. Doesn’t matter who is president. You can’t expect people who have no investment in the system to affect it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #388 on: April 06, 2021, 07:22:19 PM »
Fair point but in the end the donor class calls the shots. Doesn’t matter who is president. You can’t expect people who have no investment in the system to affect it.

I've pretty much said the same thing for years here, preceding Trump.

But I do feel he affected things much more than those in the past, some good, some bad.
Y

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #389 on: April 06, 2021, 07:24:17 PM »
I know, he should’ve stopped the attack on the WTC ... oh wait ...

Obama is an America-hating Muslim, he wouldn’t have lifted a finger to stop a terrorist attack on America.

The WTC attacks were the direct result of inaction by Bill Clinton.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #390 on: April 06, 2021, 07:29:42 PM »

Disagree, Obama was a success at laying out the agenda that is being completed now. He put the people in place to allow the destruction of the previous ways of doing things. All unopposed by the RINOS, btw.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #391 on: April 06, 2021, 08:00:11 PM »

Disagree, Obama was a success at laying out the agenda that is being completed now. He put the people in place to allow the destruction of the previous ways of doing things. All unopposed by the RINOS, btw.

That’s like saying Adolf Hitler was successful right up until his last month in office.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: April 06, 2021, 08:34:08 PM »
That’s like saying Adolf Hitler was successful right up until his last month in office.

It's not, because the plan continues by those that put the Obama and Biden types in office.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #393 on: April 06, 2021, 10:02:49 PM »
Obama is an America-hating Muslim, he wouldn’t have lifted a finger to stop a terrorist attack on America.

The WTC attacks were the direct result of inaction by Bill Clinton.

Boy, you sure are one big bowl of retard.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #394 on: April 07, 2021, 06:44:02 AM »

HAHAHAHA.  He's already in the news now for fraud in regards to fleecing his dumb supporters with multiple campaign donations.... including one for his "birthday".

I guess fairy tales aren't free after all.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #395 on: April 07, 2021, 06:48:50 AM »
HAHAHAHA.  He's already in the news now for fraud in regards to fleecing his dumb supporters with multiple campaign donations.... including one for his "birthday".

I guess fairy tales aren't free after all.
Don't you get that you are equally as dumb?

We have a problem in this country. It's the far left and the far right.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #396 on: April 07, 2021, 06:59:58 AM »
Who said your posts weren't acceptable? Who said I didn't like you? This is typical democrat behaviour, play the victim when your mental deficiencies are pointed out.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #397 on: April 07, 2021, 07:07:11 AM »
  before obama got in I was paying over 3 k a year for health insurance. obama started the affordable care act despite objections from the republicans. now i pay 0 dollars a year for better coverage. tell me again how obama did nothing for anybody. I am an independent not a democrat but i'm not stupid.
F

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #398 on: April 07, 2021, 07:11:12 AM »
  before obama got in I was paying over 3 k a year for health insurance. obama started the affordable care act despite objections from the republicans. now i pay 0 dollars a year for better coverage. tell me again how obama did nothing for anybody. I am an independent not a democrat but i'm not stupid.
You are old and decrepit.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #399 on: April 07, 2021, 07:22:20 AM »

Don’t sell yourself short, you’re very stupid.