Poll

Stay
45 (45.5%)
Go
41 (41.4%)
Crossfire in a Revolution
13 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Strawman  (Read 161866 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Strawman
« Reply #625 on: April 12, 2021, 11:36:09 AM »
Guilty as charged :/ 

That was me being intellectually lazy.  I saw that idea bandied about, unchallenged, so often that I assumed it was true. 

Oh, well.  My dislike of Rob was his propensity for exaggeration about (gasp!) things actually related to lifting weights, not his politics.

this is the premise upon with Trump built  his entire political career and is still doing it to this day

he repeats the same lie over and over and over again and eventually the "intellectually lazy" people in this country just assume its true

Case in point:  55% of Republicans believe his 2020 election loss resulted from illegal voting or election rigging

You can see example of people who believe this LIE on this very board

https://www.ipsos.com/en-us/news-polls/majority-republicans-still-believe-2020-election-was-stolen-donald-trump

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #626 on: April 12, 2021, 11:37:30 AM »
Still skating....I’ll check back

I have no idea what you're rambling about you fucking moron
I don't go looking for your idiots posts but if I had to guess I suspect is probably something I've already responded to multiple times

that's usually how these things go

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #627 on: April 12, 2021, 11:40:33 AM »
Any citations for the weeds and trash ?   I'm sure the neighbors don't like a BBQ on the lawn, car on blocks, crackheads on the stoop, etc. 

;D :D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #628 on: April 12, 2021, 11:41:18 AM »
When are you going explain why you think that Trumps AG Billy Barr initiated "dem hit job" on Matt Gaetz

Is lifelong Republican Billy Barr a secret Democrat?

Read an article this morning about Gaetz. Essentially, the author was reminding everyone that Matt Gaetz has yet to be charged with anything. There is something about Matt that I really don't like, but that doesn't mean he's a pedophile or sex trafficker.

If it is true that he was showing his cronies nude photos while on the job taxpayers pay him to do, his behavior is very juvenile as is that of the other politicians who didn't call him out on it or worse encouraged it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #629 on: April 12, 2021, 11:41:50 AM »
Any citations for the weeds and trash ?   I'm sure the neighbors don't like a BBQ on the lawn, car on blocks, crackheads on the stoop, etc. 

you couldn't afford to live in my zip code

also, there aren't any stoops in my neighborhood you idiot

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #630 on: April 12, 2021, 11:44:35 AM »
Read an article this morning about Gaetz. Essentially, the author was reminding everyone that Matt Gaetz has yet to be charged with anything. There is something about Matt that I really don't like, but that doesn't mean he's a pedophile or sex trafficker.

If it is true that he was showing his cronies nude photos while on the job taxpayers pay him to do, his behavior is very juvenile as is that of the other politicians who didn't call him out on it or worse encouraged it.

all I ever said was that he's being investigated which is something  Gaetz himself  confirmed

his buddy Greenberg may be the most corrupt public official in recent memory and his attorney last week indicated that he's ready to make a deal

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #631 on: April 12, 2021, 11:45:54 AM »
you couldn't afford to live in my zip code

also, there aren't any stoops you idiot

Uh huh.   Trash, garbage, and tumbleweed, crack vials and condoms all over the place.  Sounds like paradise.    ;D :D ;D   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #632 on: April 12, 2021, 11:49:11 AM »
Uh huh.   Trash, garbage, and tumbleweed, crack vials and condoms all over the place.  Sounds like paradise.    ;D :D ;D

sounds like you're familiar with it

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #633 on: April 12, 2021, 11:51:36 AM »
all I ever said was that he's being investigated which is something  Gaetz himself  confirmed

his buddy Greenberg may be the most corrupt public official in recent memory and his attorney last week indicated that he's ready to make a deal

Just to be clear, my post about Gaetz was not directed at you per se. I was thinking more about the media in general which much of it seems anxious to fry his horny ass.

In my opinion, one of the reasons many people are hesitant to give someone the benefit of doubt in these situations is they don't want to be wrong (no one likes being wrong) and possibly appear to have supported that kind of behavior.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #634 on: April 12, 2021, 11:55:19 AM »
Just to be clear, my post about Gaetz was not directed at you per se. I was thinking more about the media in general which much of it seems anxious to fry his horny ass.

In my opinion, one of the reasons many people are hesitant to give someone the benefit of doubt in these situations is they don't want to be wrong (no one likes being wrong) and possibly appear to have supported that kind of behavior.

Fuck that

The right wing media has no problem trying someone in the court of public opinion

This Hillary and Bengazi...just as one example

How did that turn out?

BTW - they've got Greenberg dead to rights.  The dude left a massive paper trail of his crimes

That's why he is pleading out

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #635 on: April 12, 2021, 11:57:31 AM »
Nah....you would find the cliff notes tedious because that is what they would be. Imagine a conversation about nothing of importance that constantly goes in circles all day long.
You mean like all the threads on getbig?  LOL  ;D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #636 on: April 12, 2021, 12:11:32 PM »
I don't go looking for your idiots posts but if I had to guess I suspect is probably something I've already responded to multiple times

Yes you do, liar. You fucking responded to it by skating the question when I asked in this thread.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #637 on: April 12, 2021, 12:17:35 PM »
Fuck that

The right wing media has no problem trying someone in the court of public opinion

This Hillary and Bengazi...just as one example

How did that turn out?

BTW - they've got Greenberg dead to rights.  The dude left a massive paper trail of his crimes

That's why he is pleading out

Hahahahaha....holy shit the hypocrisy in this post is thick. Trumps entire term was about the left trying him in the court of public opinion because they knew they had nothing on him legally so the state ran media you listen too got you to believe what you believe now. What an idiot 😂

Not just him...Kavanugh anyone?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #638 on: April 12, 2021, 12:19:12 PM »

The properties where I live are well kept. It has always been a neighborhood where people take pride in its appearance. This is why it really surprised me when I went out for a walk yesterday evening and passed one house that had an old mattress leaning up against the wall on the front porch. It stood out like a sore thumb.

Around the middle of February, Portland and down the Willamette valley was hit hard with an ice storm. West Linn is sometimes referred to as tree city. In addition to the native trees; firs, pines and oaks, many more have been added to the landscape, either by home owners or the city. Anyway, our city was hit hard by the storm. Trees were down everywhere and many of those that weren't, suffered so much damage they had to be cut down, I was lucky. Aside from a few branches which broke off of the several large trees on my property and littered the ground, I only lost one tree completely and that was a Japanese maple in the back yard which sustained a split trunk and many broken branches.

For a several weeks following the storm, West Linn looked like a war zone. The curbs and parking strips in front of people's homes were pilled high with broken limbs and yard debris. The city hauled all of it away. Now, other then a few scraggly trees and a lot of tree stumps in the meridians and parks you'd almost not know there was an ice storm.

The arborist I have used for tree maintenance for many years took out the split Japanese Maple and cleaned up broken branches in the other trees which had not yet fallen and were a danger. I chose not to pile the storm debris in the street and wait for the city to take it away. The week after the storm, the gardeners hauled away two dump truck loads of tree branches littering my yard.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #639 on: April 12, 2021, 12:19:26 PM »

Straw-ville.

That washing machine in the front yard has to go...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #640 on: April 12, 2021, 12:27:44 PM »
Yes you do, liar. You fucking responded to it by skating the question when I asked in this thread.

I've given you the opportunity to tell me what the fuck you are talking about

apparently you don't even remember

do you remember why you think William Barr is now a Democrat?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #641 on: April 12, 2021, 12:29:16 PM »
Straw-ville.

I would suggest that you get a life but I'm guessing that ship has sailed

maybe you'll find something more interesting to do after you get your next welfare check

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #642 on: April 12, 2021, 12:30:45 PM »

Hahahahaha....holy shit the hypocrisy in this post is thick. Trumps entire term was about the left trying him in the court of public opinion because they knew they had nothing on him legally so the state ran media you listen too got you to believe what you believe now. What an idiot 😂

Not just him...Kavanugh anyone?
               crybaby kavanaugh  , yeah he's areal man. ::) ::) ::) ::)
F

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #643 on: April 12, 2021, 12:32:19 PM »
More state ran media lies

Trump Adviser Wants ‘Full Retraction’ From CNN on Gaetz Story

https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/trump-adviser-wants-full-retraction-from-cnn-on-gaetz-story_3772441.html

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #644 on: April 12, 2021, 12:32:52 PM »

Oh... you know how they go...

"hahahaha"
"you just don't get it"
*crackpot conspiracy theory*
*navarrero report epoch article*

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #645 on: April 12, 2021, 12:34:30 PM »
      boo hoo hoo, I'm a victim. hillary clinton is mean.
F

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #646 on: April 12, 2021, 12:45:03 PM »
More state ran media lies

Trump Adviser Wants ‘Full Retraction’ From CNN on Gaetz Story

https://link.theepochtimes.com/mkt_app/trump-adviser-wants-full-retraction-from-cnn-on-gaetz-story_3772441.html

good job posting a link that no one can read dipshit

Also....Epoch Time ::) ::)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #647 on: April 12, 2021, 12:47:28 PM »
               crybaby kavanaugh  , yeah he's areal man. ::) ::) ::) ::)
And yet he's on the court while she sits at home stewing over all her failures.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #648 on: April 12, 2021, 01:25:36 PM »
Straw-ville.

:D ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #649 on: April 12, 2021, 01:44:16 PM »
I would suggest that you get a life but I'm guessing that ship has sailed

maybe you'll find something more interesting to do after you get your next welfare check

Now, now, don't get all riled up.  This is Getbig after all.