Poll

Stay
45 (45.5%)
Go
41 (41.4%)
Crossfire in a Revolution
13 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Author Topic: Strawman  (Read 161936 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Strawman
« Reply #875 on: April 16, 2021, 03:37:18 PM »
It’s Friday.   Has she cleaned up the debris and clutter all strewn Inbthe yard of the dump.  :D

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #876 on: April 16, 2021, 03:42:28 PM »
have you & straw nothing better to do with your lives than compete with each other to become the whingiest snowflake ?

The upside is that the arguing amongst the half dozen or so here has kept Shizzo’s gimmick busy, so we don’t have to be abused by the stupidity he posts under his main account.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #877 on: April 16, 2021, 03:53:40 PM »
I think Coach has conclusively proved there was something fishy about those Dominion machines. I don't see anyone proving him wrong!

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #878 on: April 16, 2021, 05:57:18 PM »
It’s Friday.   Has she cleaned up the debris and clutter all strewn Inbthe yard of the dump.  :D

Nope.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #879 on: April 16, 2021, 06:53:32 PM »
Ok, but that isn't what I asked.

Obviously you have common sense on this subject, but others do not.  This is why we've seen the MLB, Hollywood boycott, Biden (the left) calling it Jim Crow on steroids, democratic senators feigning outrage, etc.....So obviously there's a issue.

So, to restate, what do they feel is racist or suppressing about this law?

A read through of the law suggests there isn't any suppression, only that the left keeps repeating it that there is.  I legit want to know what their argument for it is.

I gather you read all 98 pages of Georgia's revised voting laws. Do you live in Georgia? I live in Oregon, Georgia's laws don't impact my voting rights.

Anyway, you are right. I didn't directly answer your question. The main reason is because I don't know who 'they' are or what they feel is racist and suppressive about the law. I did quickly read through an outline article that the NY Times published regarding the changes in Georgia's law. Some of them seem kind of petty like not being able to provide water to folks waiting in line to vote. Placing fewer drop boxes also makes no sense to me. Technically, inconveniencing voters by giving them fewer options to vote is a form of suppression. If the drop boxes are shown to be less conveniently located for minorities only, that would be racist. It is unclear to me why anyone would want to make it more difficult for people to vote...but it sure looks like Georgia's governor does want to do this.

I originally answered you with information about how well Oregon's vote by mail system has worked and worked for quite a long time because fortunately, voting laws are under each state's jurisdiction. It is highly unlikely Oregon will adopt Georgia's model. Also, I there is very little chance I will move to Georgia. The only way their laws might affect me is if because of them a national election doesn't go the way I would have liked.

There is so much crap going on in the world a person can make themselves crazy by getting involved in everything. Better to choose the battles which are most important to you and most likely to personally affect you or people close to you.

So there you have it. Another non answer to the actual question you asked. Hopefully, you get why I chose this easy out.  :)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #880 on: April 16, 2021, 08:33:18 PM »
Apparently you care because you keep responding to my posts. Refute the above numbers or should we go onto voter laws that were broken?

Pointing out stupid you are doesn’t constitute “caring”. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #881 on: April 16, 2021, 10:30:25 PM »
Pointing out stupid you are doesn’t constitute “caring”.

You’re not looking good..quit making an ass of yourself. Seriously, it’s embarrassing

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #882 on: April 17, 2021, 06:00:15 AM »
You’re not looking good..quit making an ass of yourself. Seriously, it’s embarrassing

"HAHHAHAHAHAA"
"You just don't get it"
*crackpot bullshit conspiracy theory*
*Epoch article*
NAVARRO REPORT!!!!!

Keep trying midget. We have not even reached the 90 day mark of Biden's term yet.  You might consider pacing yourself a little if you want to last until the end.  You wouldn't survive another stroke at this point. 

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #883 on: April 17, 2021, 06:53:10 AM »
I gather you read all 98 pages of Georgia's revised voting laws. Do you live in Georgia? I live in Oregon, Georgia's laws don't impact my voting rights.

Anyway, you are right. I didn't directly answer your question. The main reason is because I don't know who 'they' are or what they feel is racist and suppressive about the law. I did quickly read through an outline article that the NY Times published regarding the changes in Georgia's law. Some of them seem kind of petty like not being able to provide water to folks waiting in line to vote. Placing fewer drop boxes also makes no sense to me. Technically, inconveniencing voters by giving them fewer options to vote is a form of suppression. If the drop boxes are shown to be less conveniently located for minorities only, that would be racist. It is unclear to me why anyone would want to make it more difficult for people to vote...but it sure looks like Georgia's governor does want to do this.

I originally answered you with information about how well Oregon's vote by mail system has worked and worked for quite a long time because fortunately, voting laws are under each state's jurisdiction. It is highly unlikely Oregon will adopt Georgia's model. Also, I there is very little chance I will move to Georgia. The only way their laws might affect me is if because of them a national election doesn't go the way I would have liked.

There is so much crap going on in the world a person can make themselves crazy by getting involved in everything. Better to choose the battles which are most important to you and most likely to personally affect you or people close to you.

So there you have it. Another non answer to the actual question you asked. Hopefully, you get why I chose this easy out.  :)

I wouldn't call that a non-answer, you tried to provide some examples.

I read the law and am paying attention because of a few factors - one, MLB got involved, but also mostly because I repeatedly stated on the political board for years that big tech and a dishonest media are our biggest threats.

This is just another example.  We have a situation here where something is taken as fact, but the "fact" cannot be backed up.  So, for the average idiot, Georgia just made the most racist, suppressing voter laws to stop minority votes, and it was so bad that MLB moved the all star game, Wil Smith moved his move etc........

That stuff does not "heal" a nation, and it was preventable.

What really happened was MLB caved into corporate pressure, and the corporations played into a flat out lie by Biden: "Jim Crow on steroids", and it went from there.

And the real reason this is getting so much attention should be obvious - Georgia is a swing state.  If it was a red/blue state, you'd hear very litte.
Y

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #884 on: April 17, 2021, 08:42:03 AM »
"HAHHAHAHAHAA"
"You just don't get it"
*Epoch article*
NAVARRO REPORT!!!!!

Keep trying midget. We have not even reached the 90 day mark of Biden's term yet.  You might consider pacing yourself a little if you want to last until the end.  You wouldn't survive another stroke at this point.

Yep, and as predicted it didn’t take long for him/them to start the literal destruction of this country that YOU helped create. We warned you, turd

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #885 on: April 17, 2021, 10:10:56 AM »

"HAHHAHAHAHAA"
"You just don't get it"
*Epoch article*
NAVARRO REPORT!!!!!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #886 on: April 17, 2021, 11:08:12 AM »
"HAHHAHAHAHAA"
"You just don't get it"
*Epoch article*
NAVARRO REPORT!!!!!

yeah, you would think they would show more respect to the president of the united states. if not the man then the high office.
F

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #887 on: April 17, 2021, 11:15:12 AM »
    yeah, you would think they would show more respect to the president of the united states. if not the man then the high office.

Especially when the Republican establishment preferred him over their own candidate.   :D

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #888 on: April 17, 2021, 11:19:56 AM »

Give me a policy....er, I mean executive order you agree with and why

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #889 on: April 17, 2021, 11:25:08 AM »

F

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #890 on: April 17, 2021, 11:34:48 AM »

I don’t want your bullshit videos. I want to hear from you, straw, lurker and prime

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #891 on: April 17, 2021, 11:46:09 AM »
I wouldn't call that a non-answer, you tried to provide some examples.

I read the law and am paying attention because of a few factors - one, MLB got involved, but also mostly because I repeatedly stated on the political board for years that big tech and a dishonest media are our biggest threats.

This is just another example.  We have a situation here where something is taken as fact, but the "fact" cannot be backed up.  So, for the average idiot, Georgia just made the most racist, suppressing voter laws to stop minority votes, and it was so bad that MLB moved the all star game, Wil Smith moved his move etc........

That stuff does not "heal" a nation, and it was preventable.

What really happened was MLB caved into corporate pressure, and the corporations played into a flat out lie by Biden: "Jim Crow on steroids", and it went from there.

And the real reason this is getting so much attention should be obvious - Georgia is a swing state.  If it was a red/blue state, you'd hear very litte.

Every vote counts because hypothetically, it only takes one vote to win an election. That being said, it usually takes several (swing) states to decide the election results.

What is interesting is that if there is no voter suppression in Georgia's new election laws, why are folks getting so worked up about it? They must believe the new laws could change the outcome of future elections....in this case, favoring republicans over democrats. If this is correct, democrats will have to up their game at getting out the vote. They've been pretty successful at this in the past with lots of one on one contacts and the support of labor unions and the folks who belong to them.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #892 on: April 17, 2021, 11:53:24 AM »
Yep, and as predicted it didn’t take long for him/them to start the literal destruction of this country that YOU helped create. We warned you, turd

To be fair....it is rather soon to conclude there will be a destruction of the country. Wishful thinking on your part?

Seems Biden is walking back his original stance on immigration in response to the surge in boarder crossings. The Biden administration struck an agreement with Mexico, Guatemala and Honduras to temporarily increase border security in an effort to stop migrants from reaching the US border.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #893 on: April 17, 2021, 11:59:22 AM »

Very funny. I was under the impression that turnabout is fair play. Of course you are being sarcastic....so it is all good. One difference with President  Biden is that he likely can take the criticism better than Trump did. Trump's ego is way too fragile. He does not deal well with criticism of any kind including taking advice from people he appointed to provide it. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #894 on: April 17, 2021, 12:00:43 PM »

Give us 10 that you don't agree with. -Should be an easy task for you.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #895 on: April 17, 2021, 12:02:44 PM »
I don’t want your bullshit videos. I want to hear from you, straw, lurker and prime

For a fellow who offers up nothing, you are way too demanding of others. Who the heck do you think you are?

Because I am such a nice guy, I listed a few things President Biden has done that I agree with. I fully expect you to disagree.....on principle if for no other reason. That's you prerogative. Let me be very clear with you, I have no intention of engaging in a discussion/argument with you about these policies I've listed.   

I for one am thrilled that the President has reversed 23 Trump policies. Nine of his 11 actions regarding immigration are reversals of Trump’s policies. Trump must be seething over this and that makes me happy. Trump is a bully. I don't like bullies.

President Biden directed each agency to evaluate and submit a strategic plan within 200 days on opportunities to promote and expand access to voter registration and participation

His executive order establishes an interagency working group to propose improvements for recruiting, retaining and supporting national security professions

President Biden imposed sanctions and diplomatic expulsions on Russia in response to the country’s interference in the 2020 US election and the SolarWinds cyberattack.

President Biden revoked a Trump executive order that authorized sanctions on International Criminal Court officials.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #896 on: April 17, 2021, 12:06:12 PM »
For a fellow who offers up nothing, you are way too demanding of others. Who the heck do you think you are?

you should know the answer to that by now

the phony "coach" is a certified moron and whiny little bitch

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #897 on: April 17, 2021, 12:18:51 PM »
Every vote counts because hypothetically, it only takes one vote to win an election. That being said, it usually takes several (swing) states to decide the election results.

What is interesting is that if there is no voter suppression in Georgia's new election laws, why are folks getting so worked up about it? They must believe the new laws could change the outcome of future elections....in this case, favoring republicans over democrats. If this is correct, democrats will have to up their game at getting out the vote. They've been pretty successful at this in the past with lots of one on one contacts and the support of labor unions and the folks who belong to them.

This is the exact point.

They are making it out to be something it isn't to demonize the right, and create the illusion of racism in a swing state.

Democrats state that requiring ID suppresses minority voting, but over 80% of the country wants ID to vote.  But they don't explain why they think this...they just keep repeating it without proof.....but even IF they believe this, they have plenty of time before the next election to mobilize a campaign to get others ID who don't have it.......but they won't, they'll continue to pound the drum of racism.
Y

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #898 on: April 17, 2021, 12:23:47 PM »
Aren't you the same senile piece of shit that spent the last 5 years bashing the President? Typical hypocrite democrat. ::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #899 on: April 17, 2021, 12:36:49 PM »
This is the exact point.

They are making it out to be something it isn't to demonize the right, and create the illusion of racism in a swing state.

Democrats state that requiring ID suppresses minority voting, but over 80% of the country wants ID to vote.  But they don't explain why they think this...they just keep repeating it without proof.....but even IF they believe this, they have plenty of time before the next election to mobilize a campaign to get others ID who don't have it.......but they won't, they'll continue to pound the drum of racism.

I am a Democrat and I firmly believe folks must provide not only ID but proof of citizenship in order to vote in this country. I seriously doubt that I am the only Democrat that feels this way. Wouldn't it be more accurate for you to post some Democrats state that requiring ID suppresses minority voting.

Looking at this another way, if it is true that minorities are less likely to have adequate ID, then technically requiring ID does suppress their vote. If that's a problem then encourage minorities to acquire legal ID so they can vote. If someone prefers anonymity....they give up the right to vote. It's really pretty simple.