Author Topic: Critique review condition and size at 43  (Read 194649 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
Re: Critique review condition and size at 43
« Reply #2200 on: June 27, 2021, 04:05:10 AM »
Nice pic, Bhank.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2201 on: June 27, 2021, 04:24:34 AM »
Nice pic, Bhank.

Thanks the key to looking huge is standing next to a toddler

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2202 on: June 27, 2021, 09:03:27 AM »
Thanks the key to looking huge is standing next to a toddler

LOL! My thought was that you didn't look that huge standing next to your son.....well, aside from the size of your hands as compared to his. Great photo BTW. Cherish these moments. Kiddos grow up really fast. Before you know it, you'll be teaching him how to drive and helping him buy his first home.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2203 on: June 27, 2021, 11:37:07 AM »
LOL! My thought was that you didn't look that huge standing next to your son.....well, aside from the size of your hands as compared to his. Great photo BTW. Cherish these moments. Kiddos grow up really fast. Before you know it, you'll be teaching him how to drive and helping him buy his first home.

I doubt that, considering his pulse rate.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2204 on: June 27, 2021, 12:32:55 PM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2205 on: June 27, 2021, 12:34:16 PM »

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2206 on: June 27, 2021, 01:05:16 PM »

No I can't compete size wise with a 250lb 5 foot 8 multi time Mr Olympia condition wise though I am every bit as lean notice he doesn't share shirtless pics anymore and we are about the same age

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2207 on: June 27, 2021, 01:41:18 PM »
No I can't compete size wise with a 250lb 5 foot 8 multi time Mr Olympia condition wise though I am every bit as lean notice he doesn't share shirtless pics anymore and we are about the same age

You probably look better than Jay. Don’t be surprised if he’s asking you for training advice.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2208 on: June 27, 2021, 01:44:31 PM »

Or he could have 3 generations move into his house instead of helping buy one.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2209 on: June 27, 2021, 01:56:36 PM »
It could be genetically predisposed.......many a pro bodybuilder ha had this pop up and ruin their health......ending their careers.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2210 on: June 27, 2021, 04:43:00 PM »

bhank should appreciate this photoshop....you managed to make him actually look almost as big as he says he is.....well, at least as tall. Good work.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2211 on: June 27, 2021, 10:56:01 PM »
bhank should appreciate this photoshop....you managed to make him actually look almost as big as he says he is.....well, at least as tall. Good work.

thanks

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2212 on: June 28, 2021, 08:47:27 AM »
Haven’t lifted since Thursday need to get back in there today. Did manage to surf and walk the beach this morning though. Weight has been coming down the last week very difficult to bulk in the summer. No I am not going to win Mr Olympia but for a middle aged guy walking around size and condition I am doing pretty good. 212 in pic so just above the NPC Classic Physique weight limit of 205 for my height 5'10.5

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #2213 on: June 28, 2021, 10:00:59 AM »
Jokes aside, BHanks got a great physique, and can take the ribbing pretty well here.
Epic GetBigger... ;)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2214 on: June 28, 2021, 03:50:58 PM »
Jokes aside, BHanks got a great physique, and can take the ribbing pretty well here.
Epic GetBigger... ;)
His belly button pokes out farther than his pig nipples.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2215 on: June 28, 2021, 05:18:36 PM »
His belly button pokes out farther than his pig nipples.

There is nothing wrong with my belly button or my nipples. My legs though need work. Did 8 sets of 20 bodyweight  squats. 7 sets of 30 seated calf raises. And 5 sets of 25 seated legs extensions today was tired so will do hams later this week. My lower body was ignored and injured for a long time. Legs are where I plan to make the most gains.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2216 on: June 28, 2021, 06:36:33 PM »
Way to go, Bhank.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2217 on: June 28, 2021, 07:30:32 PM »
No legs, no lats, chest disappears in fdb. You would get murdered in a novice class

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2218 on: June 28, 2021, 08:04:01 PM »
This is the NC NPC state championships my state I would do fine in classic or the Open. The masters bodybuilding division lineup is at 8:47 I beat them all RIGHT NOW

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2219 on: June 28, 2021, 08:11:13 PM »
No legs, no lats, chest disappears in fdb. You would get murdered in a novice class

So like I said I am 43 years old that puts me in the Masters division. This is the 2018 NC NPC masters bodybuilding state championship lineup. This is the actual lineup I would compete against if I competed in my state. I win this lineup easy and I am still months away from properly training my chest again but I could win this tomorrow.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2220 on: June 28, 2021, 10:07:21 PM »
Is anyone else using any amino acid vitamin B type formulas? I have started using them this is a new one I haven’t started yet but figured I would ask the board if anyone else has been doing this. I figure it beats a flinstone. I am all about energy and I think amino acid supplements and vitamin B helps my energy and any dietary deficiency also supposed to help digestion

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2221 on: June 29, 2021, 12:11:31 AM »
There is nothing wrong with my belly button or my nipples. My legs though need work. Did 8 sets of 20 bodyweight  squats. 7 sets of 30 seated calf raises. And 5 sets of 25 seated legs extensions today was tired so will do hams later this week. My lower body was ignored and injured for a long time. Legs are where I plan to make the most gains.

Good work on quad workout. I assume you are doing high reps as you need to keep the resistance light because of your knee issues. Otherwise, I'd suggest fewer reps with some resistance depending on what equipment you have available. Since I have been doing them at home where I don't have leg extension equipment available, I also do 5 sets of 25 reps. I think this will keep each of us toned, but it probably won't build much muscle.

Honestly, your quads look good but obviously not huge. You've mentioned that your knee joints are compromised. Bad knees are a hindrance to developing full muscular quads. This is such a bitch because I've noticed that the older I get, the less muscular my legs are. I think for people with compromised knee joints, leg presses are preferable to squats....at least that's what my physical therapist thinks.

When I was a teenager, I took my horse out for a couple of hours ride everyday after school. Although I was ridiculously skinny, my legs were in great shape. Now that I am an old man who spends far too much time sitting around not using them, my leg muscles have atrophied. Unfortunately this is not uncommon among old men like me. So, keep doing whatever you can to keep your legs as strong as possible. Steve Reeves once said he had well developed calves because when he was a kid he had a paper route in a hilly neighborhood. He wasn't giving enough credit to his good genetics.

Sorry I teased you about your nipples awhile back....Honestly, I was just kidding you. Since you mentioned it, your navel is fine. Everyone's navel is unique. Mine has a 2" scar above it as a result of the robotic prostatectomy. Before the surgery, I had a really decent looking navel. I once knew someone who had no visible belly button. It was weird...like he was an alien. LOL. Can't remember what caused it now, decades later. (I know, you think I am weird because I notice stuff like that). Just don't take it personally.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2222 on: June 29, 2021, 02:02:50 AM »
You`d get blown right off the stage......everyone thinks they can compete but after that first dismal experience it`s like a cold slap in the face..................re ality sets in big time.

Pick a contest and train for it for a year and trust me you`ll have no idea what you are doing or getting yourself into.

Not trying to be negative but your body has too many weak points and a severe lack of proportion.

Plus you`d have to eat entirely different on a consistant basis, learn how to pose, and learn how to instinctively know what to do at times.

Try it, pick out a contest about a year from now give yourself plenty of time cuz you`ll need it............you have nothing to lose and it will wake you up and tone down your ego when you get beaten by guys you think suck.

Most photos you see of contestant in contests do not usually do them justice.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2223 on: June 29, 2021, 04:14:25 AM »
You`d get blown right off the stage......everyone thinks they can compete but after that first dismal experience it`s like a cold slap in the face..................re ality sets in big time.

Pick a contest and train for it for a year and trust me you`ll have no idea what you are doing or getting yourself into.

Not trying to be negative but your body has too many weak points and a severe lack of proportion.

Plus you`d have to eat entirely different on a consistant basis, learn how to pose, and learn how to instinctively know what to do at times.

Try it, pick out a contest about a year from now give yourself plenty of time cuz you`ll need it............you have nothing to lose and it will wake you up and tone down your ego when you get beaten by guys you think suck.

Most photos you see of contestant in contests do not usually do them justice.

Dude look at the actual lineup for my state championship in the masters division its a fucking joke. I destroy those guys after a poop and 10 minutes in the sauna. I am bigger and leaner than all of them. Again not talking national level but state level masters I would win tomorrow

But by all means Wes review the lineup and tell me which competors beat me? I am sorry not to be a dick but I beat all these guys

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2224 on: June 29, 2021, 04:25:48 AM »
Good work on quad workout. I assume you are doing high reps as you need to keep the resistance light because of your knee issues. Otherwise, I'd suggest fewer reps with some resistance depending on what equipment you have available. Since I have been doing them at home where I don't have leg extension equipment available, I also do 5 sets of 25 reps. I think this will keep each of us toned, but it probably won't build much muscle.

Honestly, your quads look good but obviously not huge. You've mentioned that your knee joints are compromised. Bad knees are a hindrance to developing full muscular quads. This is such a bitch because I've noticed that the older I get, the less muscular my legs are. I think for people with compromised knee joints, leg presses are preferable to squats....at least that's what my physical therapist thinks.

When I was a teenager, I took my horse out for a couple of hours ride everyday after school. Although I was ridiculously skinny, my legs were in great shape. Now that I am an old man who spends far too much time sitting around not using them, my leg muscles have atrophied. Unfortunately this is not uncommon among old men like me. So, keep doing whatever you can to keep your legs as strong as possible. Steve Reeves once said he had well developed calves because when he was a kid he had a paper route in a hilly neighborhood. He wasn't giving enough credit to his good genetics.

Sorry I teased you about your nipples awhile back....Honestly, I was just kidding you. Since you mentioned it, your navel is fine. Everyone's navel is unique. Mine has a 2" scar above it as a result of the robotic prostatectomy. Before the surgery, I had a really decent looking navel. I once knew someone who had no visible belly button. It was weird...like he was an alien. LOL. Can't remember what caused it now, decades later. (I know, you think I am weird because I notice stuff like that). Just don't take it personally.

It is a miracle I can walk. I have also had 3 shoulder surgeries. So no I am not going heavy on the knees or shoulders. I still have plenty of size for a state level Masters show. I could not walk 2 summers ago I was on a cane just getting around the house