Author Topic: Critique review condition and size at 43  (Read 189942 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
Re: Critique review condition and size at 43
« Reply #2225 on: June 29, 2021, 04:31:21 AM »
Have you tried backward walking/sled pulling, Bhank?

Supposed to be good for the knees.

Get an old tire and put a bottom in it, add plates, pull with rope.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2226 on: June 29, 2021, 05:08:34 AM »
Why do people beat themselves up like that?  Weight training is supposed to make you look better, be stronger and healthier not cripple you.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2227 on: June 29, 2021, 05:10:14 AM »
Why do people beat themselves up like that?  Weight training is supposed to make you look better, be stronger and healthier not cripple you.

My injuries were from wrestling, MMA, and snowboarding not weight lifting

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2228 on: June 29, 2021, 06:11:00 AM »

I have also been in about 20 high speed car accidents and have some whiplash type issues in my neck and back. I even broke a rib kitesurfing . Hell I tore my tricep off the bone doing a backflip and banging it on a brick wall. I broke a toe hoping out of bed too fast. The knees were from wrestling and herniated a disc snowboarding and the shoulder was MMA but my point is you can get injured doing anything hell my 100lb baby mama tore my pec throwing herself against my car door. Shit I even have a crooked wrist that didnt set right when I broke it as a kid snowboarding and an ankle that I broke 15 years ago and didnt get cast so it swells up sometimes. I walk funny due to back and knee issues. But all things considering I feel great could probably tackle a small bear today. Shit about to go surfing may wrestle a shark. I try to be a lot more careful now and I absolutely train high reps slow and controlled with perfect form but life is dangerous

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2229 on: June 29, 2021, 06:41:44 AM »
Dude look at the actual lineup for my state championship in the masters division its a fucking joke. I destroy those guys after a poop and 10 minutes in the sauna. I am bigger and leaner than all of them. Again not talking national level but state level masters I would win tomorrow

But by all means Wes review the lineup and tell me which competors beat me? I am sorry not to be a dick but I beat all these guys
OK,I agree that you may place in that lineup but the lineup varies from year to year.

Sometimes they all suck.....at other times all the freaks show up and are in your class.

In all seriouness why not enter it if you are that confident...........conf idence is a great tool to have in your arsenal.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2230 on: June 29, 2021, 06:49:48 AM »
OK,I agree that you may place in that lineup but the lineup varies from year to year.

Sometimes they all suck.....at other times all the freaks show up and are in your class.

In all seriouness why not enter it if you are that confident...........conf idence is a great tool to have in your arsenal.

As stated previously I can't even train chest properly yet I had a tear and my right arm was completely black and atrophied just over 3 months ago. I literally this morning 45 minutes ago just scheduled a consultation with a top orthopedic surgeon out of NYC for a second opinion on a repair. I also need a good year of healthy training for my legs and at least 6 months of heavy chest training after another 6 months of rehab. That puts me a year out. Also I know I can get lean and do ok. I want to be the freak I am not there yet. I will be 45 by the time I am back to peak form. I may at that time

But hell no I would not be laughed off stage at a state level master amateur show like everyone suggest I would do just fine but its a weekend out of town and I have lots of stuff I like to do on the weekends

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #2231 on: June 29, 2021, 06:51:23 AM »
my 100lb baby mama tore my pec throwing herself against my car door.

Quite the magic trick...

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2232 on: June 29, 2021, 06:54:15 AM »
Quite the magic trick...

Yeah man freak injury wouldn't have happened if I wasn't in the exact position inside arm fully extended sitting down grabbing outside door across my body as a 100 pound body goes flying into it. Was using outside arm to block people pushing into car. Imagine doing a fly and someone dropping a 100lb dumbell in your hand when fully extended that is what happened

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2233 on: June 29, 2021, 06:58:19 AM »
As stated previously I can't even train chest properly yet I had a tear and my right arm was completely black and atrophied just over 3 months ago. I literally this morning 45 minutes ago just scheduled a consultation with a top orthopedic surgeon out of NYC for a second opinion on a repair. I also need a good year of healthy training for my legs and at least 6 months of heavy chest training after another 6 months of rehab. That puts me a year out. Also I know I can get lean and do ok. I want to be the freak I am not there yet. I will be 45 by the time I am back to peak form. I may at that time

But hell no I would not be laughed off stage at a state level master amateur show like everyone suggest I would do just fine but its a weekend out of town and I have lots of stuff I like to do on the weekends
I hear ya`......I hope you heal up quickly.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2234 on: June 29, 2021, 07:27:36 AM »
I hear ya`......I hope you heal up quickly.

Thanks Wes getting ready to do some cross training in the Ocean. Can’t always drive 650hp race cars and lift weights variety is the spice of life.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC č un asino
« Reply #2235 on: June 29, 2021, 07:48:37 AM »
Wes' comeback looks to be in full effect.

How much you weigh here?

Y

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2236 on: June 29, 2021, 08:14:35 AM »
LOL  ;D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #2237 on: June 29, 2021, 09:13:56 AM »
There is nothing wrong with my belly button or my nipples. My legs though need work. Did 8 sets of 20 bodyweight  squats. 7 sets of 30 seated calf raises. And 5 sets of 25 seated legs extensions today was tired so will do hams later this week. My lower body was ignored and injured for a long time. Legs are where I plan to make the most gains.

Very hetero sentence  ;D
T

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #2238 on: June 29, 2021, 09:42:38 AM »
Thanks Wes getting ready to do some cross training in the Ocean. Can’t always drive 650hp race cars and lift weights variety used the spice of life

No punch backs!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2239 on: June 29, 2021, 09:47:31 AM »
I have also been in about 20 high speed car accidents and have some whiplash type issues in my neck and back. I even broke a rib kitesurfing . Hell I tore my tricep off the bone doing a backflip and banging it on a brick wall. I broke a toe hoping out of bed too fast. The knees were from wrestling and herniated a disc snowboarding and the shoulder was MMA but my point is you can get injured doing anything hell my 100lb baby mama tore my pec throwing herself against my car door. Shit I even have a crooked wrist that didnt set right when I broke it as a kid snowboarding and an ankle that I broke 15 years ago and didnt get cast so it swells up sometimes. I walk funny due to back and knee issues. But all things considering I feel great could probably tackle a small bear today. Shit about to go surfing may wrestle a shark. I try to be a lot more careful now and I absolutely train high reps slow and controlled with perfect form but life is dangerous

You said it is a miracle that you can still walk. It is more like it is a miracle you are still alive. I don't personally know anyone who has beat up their body worse than you have. I cannot begin to imagine the degree of post-traumatic arthritis you face as you age. Strength training can help ease the progression of arthritis when done right.

If you can afford it, hire a trainer that is educated in this area. You already know how important diet and exercise are, specially for people like you who have compromised health due to past injuries. Knowing what's right and doing it are not the same....a qualified coach or trainer would help keep you on the right track if you follow their advice.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2240 on: June 29, 2021, 10:17:39 AM »
You really think after a lifetime of training anyone else is going to know my body when to push it when to rest what it can and can't do and how well it can recover better than me?? Training is not about planning everything in advance you have to listen to your body feedback and adapt somedays you can train for hours other days you need to sit in a rocking chair eat drink and sleep 16 hours and rest

Today I surfed for an hour then I went for a 2 mile walk on the beach. I will lift for an hour tonight. I am in sick shape I don't need a damn trainer.  What are they going to tell me work out 3 hours a day instead of 2? Are they going to count my reps and hand me my weights motivate me to show up at a gym? I have a gym in my house and plenty of motivation I am doing several hundred reps a workout right now.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2241 on: June 29, 2021, 10:31:48 AM »

This guy`s a handsome devil !!   :D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #2242 on: June 29, 2021, 11:59:44 AM »
Bhank,
Do you squat on a bosu ball?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #2243 on: June 29, 2021, 12:09:20 PM »
Wes and Brian getting along! ….(only took 90 pages)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2244 on: June 29, 2021, 01:35:06 PM »
Bhank,
Do you squat on a bosu ball?

https://www.titan.fitness/strength/specialty-machines/lower-body/sissy-squat-machine/400491.html

I have one of these but mine was more expensive and is all welded no bolts but very close looking

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2245 on: June 29, 2021, 01:44:18 PM »
Wes and Brian getting along! ….(only took 90 pages)
Don`t get excited Mike, I`m just in a charitable mood today.   lol   ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2246 on: June 29, 2021, 03:40:23 PM »
You really think after a lifetime of training anyone else is going to know my body when to push it when to rest what it can and can't do and how well it can recover better than me?? Training is not about planning everything in advance you have to listen to your body feedback and adapt somedays you can train for hours other days you need to sit in a rocking chair eat drink and sleep 16 hours and rest

Today I surfed for an hour then I went for a 2 mile walk on the beach. I will lift for an hour tonight. I am in sick shape I don't need a damn trainer.  What are they going to tell me work out 3 hours a day instead of 2? Are they going to count my reps and hand me my weights motivate me to show up at a gym? I have a gym in my house and plenty of motivation I am doing several hundred reps a workout right now.

Your response is exactly why it is a good idea for you to have a trainer or coach. However, you probably wouldn't take their advice because you have clearly already decided you know more than everyone else. What did you hope to gain from starting this thread, which you titled "Critique review condition and size at 43"? It sure doesn't seem like you wanted to be critiqued or reviewed. Why? Because you reject all advice. It seems more like what you want is people to applaud you.

Yes, you know your own body. Yes, you have years of experience. Yes, you look great for a person of any age. And yes, everyone including you benefits from feedback. Why? Because without it, we lose perspective.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2247 on: June 29, 2021, 03:45:58 PM »
Your response is exactly why it is a good idea for you to have a trainer or coach. However, you probably wouldn't take their advice because you have clearly already decided you know more than everyone else. What did you hope to gain from starting this thread, which you titled "Critique review condition and size at 43"? It sure doesn't seem like you wanted to be critiqued or reviewed. Why? Because you reject all advice. It seems more like what you want is people to applaud you.

Yes, you know your own body. Yes, you have years of experience. Yes, you look great for a person of any age. And yes, everyone including you benefits from feedback. Why? Because without it, we lose perspective.

Critique and review as in do I need more size or condition time to bulk or cut not hire a trainer half your age who took a weekend certification class

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #2248 on: June 29, 2021, 03:50:12 PM »

He's a know-it-all attention whore.

Doesn't matter what anyone says, he's the greatest.

Spoiled rich kid syndrome. Mommy and daddy said he's a winner.

He doesn't know how to take criticism, even when constructive.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2249 on: June 29, 2021, 03:53:02 PM »
He's a know-it-all attention whore.

Doesn't matter what anyone says, he's the greatest.

Spoiled rich kid syndrome. Mommy and daddy said he's a winner.

He doesn't know how to take criticism, even when constructive.

Prime isn't qualified to give constructive criticism. Also I started the thread in ok shape after 6 weeks of not lifting. Everyone has been such an asshole I have been training like a madman the last 2 months since this started. I know I am in shape now and making gains