Author Topic: “80mil votes”  (Read 6393 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: “80mil votes”
« Reply #100 on: June 17, 2021, 12:34:04 PM »
I’ll look later but the 2009 Reinvestment act was a complete disaster. Do some research

You do some research. No doubt you will find something that supports your opinion.

Was the Obama Stimulus a Success or a Failure?

Rick Cohen
August 15, 2012

PRO:

According to the Moody’s website Economy.com, JPMorgan Chase, and the Congressional Budget Office, the stimulus “increased GDP at least 2 percentage points, the difference between contraction and growth, and saved or created about 2.5 million jobs.”

“A Washington Post review of Recovery Act studies found six that showed a positive economic effect versus one useful study (by prominent Republican economist John B. Taylor) that concluded the stimulus failed—and critics noted that Taylor’s data just as easily support the conclusion that the stimulus was too small.”

The Recovery Act’s provision of extra food stamps, unemployment benefits, and other social safety net protections “made an extraordinarily painful time less painful, lifting at least 7 million Americans above the poverty line while making 32 million poor Americans less poor.”

“(T)he Recovery Act was the biggest, most transformative energy bill in history, financing unprecedented government investments in a smarter grid, cleaner coal, energy efficiency in every imaginable form, ‘green-collar’ job training, electric vehicles and the infrastructure to support them, advanced biofuels and the refineries to brew them, renewable power from the sun, the wind, and the heat below the earth, and factories to manufacture all that green stuff in the United States.”

“The stimulus was also the biggest and most transformative education reform bill since the Great Society, shaking up public schools with a ‘Race to the Top’ competition designed to reward innovation and punish mediocrity.”

“It was a big and transformative health-care bill, too, laying the foundation for Obama’s even bigger and more transformative reforms a year later; for example, it poured $27 billion into computerizing America’s pen-and-paper medical system, which should reduce redundant tests, dangerous drug interactions, and fatal errors by doctors with chicken-scratch handwriting.”

“It included America’s biggest foray into industrial policy since FDR, the biggest expansion of anti-poverty initiatives since LBJ, the biggest middle-class tax cut since Ronald Reagan, and the biggest infusion of research money ever. It sent $8 billion into a new high-speed passenger rail network, the biggest new transportation initiative since the interstate highways, and another $7 billion to expand the country’s existing high-speed Internet network to underserved communities, a modern twist on the New Deal’s rural electrification.”

“Experts had warned that 5 percent of the stimulus could be lost to fraud, but investigators have documented less than $10 million in losses—about 0.001 percent.”

The homelessness prevention provisions of the Recovery Act helped house 1.2 million Americans who might have significantly added to the nation’s homeless population otherwise.

PRO or CON (depending on your perspective)

The actual direct and tax expenditure of the stimulus was, at last count, $831 billion, which according to Grunwald was “larger than the entire New Deal in constant dollars.”

“[Solyndra is]… supposedly a case study in ineptitude, cronyism, and the failure of green industrial policy. Republicans investigated for a year, held more than a dozen hearings, and subpoenaed hundreds of thousands of documents, but they uncovered no evidence of wrongdoing….Solyndra was a start-up that failed. It happens.”

CONS

There were some “silly expenditures, like costumes for water-safety mascots…and fictitious expenditures, like levitating trains to Disneyland” and other examples of expenditures that might have qualified for the late Sen. William Proxmire’s regular “Golden Fleece” awards.

The jobless rate was still over eight percent, the longest run of unemployment over eight percent since the Depression.

“Some of Obama’s progressive critics…complain that he should have gotten more out of Congress once it became clear the initial jolt wouldn’t restore a vibrant economy…[Paul] Krugman, who had warned that inadequate stimulus would give stimulus a bad name, had been right.”

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/was-the-obama-stimulus-a-success-or-a-failure/

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: June 17, 2021, 12:50:24 PM »
There is no factual measure that indicates the Obama stimulus or economy were successful.

The ARRA was a farce and was promoted as an energy stimulus. It was used to fleece the American taxpayer of about one trillion dollars. It coincided with the worst unemployment seen since 1977.

The Obama economic plans were supposed to have created 9 million low paying jobs. At the same time, over 15 million people left the work force and 11 million people signed up for food stamps. Obama revised the way unemployment figures were determined so that the people who gave up looking for a job were no longer counted as unemployed.

Standard & Poors derated the country’s credit rating - for the first and only time in history.

There are people here who study the economy for a living. We are not fooled by left wing MSM propaganda about Obama. Nor are we fooled by revisionist history.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2021, 01:38:09 PM »
Prime, please stop with your libturd GOOG cut/paste. Embarrassing.  ::)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2021, 02:42:19 PM »
You are such a simpleton.

You are such a cripple.  Intellectually, mentally, emotionally. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #104 on: June 17, 2021, 02:44:42 PM »
You do some research. No doubt you will find something that supports your opinion.

Was the Obama Stimulus a Success or a Failure?

Rick Cohen
August 15, 2012

PRO:

According to the Moody’s website Economy.com, JPMorgan Chase, and the Congressional Budget Office, the stimulus “increased GDP at least 2 percentage points, the difference between contraction and growth, and saved or created about 2.5 million jobs.”

“A Washington Post review of Recovery Act studies found six that showed a positive economic effect versus one useful study (by prominent Republican economist John B. Taylor) that concluded the stimulus failed—and critics noted that Taylor’s data just as easily support the conclusion that the stimulus was too small.”

The Recovery Act’s provision of extra food stamps, unemployment benefits, and other social safety net protections “made an extraordinarily painful time less painful, lifting at least 7 million Americans above the poverty line while making 32 million poor Americans less poor.”

“(T)he Recovery Act was the biggest, most transformative energy bill in history, financing unprecedented government investments in a smarter grid, cleaner coal, energy efficiency in every imaginable form, ‘green-collar’ job training, electric vehicles and the infrastructure to support them, advanced biofuels and the refineries to brew them, renewable power from the sun, the wind, and the heat below the earth, and factories to manufacture all that green stuff in the United States.”

“The stimulus was also the biggest and most transformative education reform bill since the Great Society, shaking up public schools with a ‘Race to the Top’ competition designed to reward innovation and punish mediocrity.”

“It was a big and transformative health-care bill, too, laying the foundation for Obama’s even bigger and more transformative reforms a year later; for example, it poured $27 billion into computerizing America’s pen-and-paper medical system, which should reduce redundant tests, dangerous drug interactions, and fatal errors by doctors with chicken-scratch handwriting.”

“It included America’s biggest foray into industrial policy since FDR, the biggest expansion of anti-poverty initiatives since LBJ, the biggest middle-class tax cut since Ronald Reagan, and the biggest infusion of research money ever. It sent $8 billion into a new high-speed passenger rail network, the biggest new transportation initiative since the interstate highways, and another $7 billion to expand the country’s existing high-speed Internet network to underserved communities, a modern twist on the New Deal’s rural electrification.”

“Experts had warned that 5 percent of the stimulus could be lost to fraud, but investigators have documented less than $10 million in losses—about 0.001 percent.”

The homelessness prevention provisions of the Recovery Act helped house 1.2 million Americans who might have significantly added to the nation’s homeless population otherwise.

PRO or CON (depending on your perspective)

The actual direct and tax expenditure of the stimulus was, at last count, $831 billion, which according to Grunwald was “larger than the entire New Deal in constant dollars.”

“[Solyndra is]… supposedly a case study in ineptitude, cronyism, and the failure of green industrial policy. Republicans investigated for a year, held more than a dozen hearings, and subpoenaed hundreds of thousands of documents, but they uncovered no evidence of wrongdoing….Solyndra was a start-up that failed. It happens.”

CONS

There were some “silly expenditures, like costumes for water-safety mascots…and fictitious expenditures, like levitating trains to Disneyland” and other examples of expenditures that might have qualified for the late Sen. William Proxmire’s regular “Golden Fleece” awards.

The jobless rate was still over eight percent, the longest run of unemployment over eight percent since the Depression.

“Some of Obama’s progressive critics…complain that he should have gotten more out of Congress once it became clear the initial jolt wouldn’t restore a vibrant economy…[Paul] Krugman, who had warned that inadequate stimulus would give stimulus a bad name, had been right.”

https://nonprofitquarterly.org/was-the-obama-stimulus-a-success-or-a-failure/

It was a fucking disaster...like literally everything the left touches

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2021, 03:03:02 PM »
Prime, please stop with your libturd GOOG cut/paste. Embarrassing.  ::)

Would you rather I made up stuff to post like some others do here. Opinions are fine as long as they are identified as such and not trotted out like they are facts. Maybe, if I googled and posted far right material like The Coach is Back does, you wouldn't mind it so much.  ;)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2021, 04:12:06 PM »
There is no factual measure that indicates the Obama stimulus or economy were successful.

The ARRA was a farce and was promoted as an energy stimulus. It was used to fleece the American taxpayer of about one trillion dollars. It coincided with the worst unemployment seen since 1977.

The Obama economic plans were supposed to have created 9 million low paying jobs. At the same time, over 15 million people left the work force and 11 million people signed up for food stamps. Obama revised the way unemployment figures were determined so that the people who gave up looking for a job were no longer counted as unemployed.

Standard & Poors derated the country’s credit rating - for the first and only time in history.

There are people here who study the economy for a living. We are not fooled by left wing MSM propaganda about Obama. Nor are we fooled by revisionist history.

I agree.

The recession ended July 1, 2009, before a single stimulus dollar was dispersed. 

The stimulus was supposed to keep unemployment under 8%; it went over 10%. 

Post WWII recessions were followed by an average of 4.6% annual GDP growth.  The Obama admin’s “new normal” never produced a single year of even 3% GDP growth.

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2021, 05:42:40 PM »
You are such a cripple.  Intellectually, mentally, emotionally.

And yet I easily best you here.  FYYFF.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2021, 05:47:43 PM »
Over 500 arrests and a 5 page thread and still no one charged with Insurrection and people are still in sitting in jail as political prisoners

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2021, 05:49:50 PM »
And yet I easily best you here.  FYYFF.

^^ Evidence of the intellectual and mental crippling.  You can't best anyone.  Keep trying.  Take your meds.  Watch the "real world" pass you by.  And try to keep the bedpan empty.  Perhaps in the next lifetime you will be dealt a better hand.  Or not.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2021, 05:50:45 PM »
Over 500 arrests and a 5 page thread and still no one charged with Insurrection and people are still in sitting in jail as political prisoners

Pretty sure they have specific charges against them.   But spin it however it fits your delusions.

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: June 17, 2021, 06:12:02 PM »

Mama mia  :o 'political prisoners' in the States ?.

What's next !. Bidens gulags in Oregon ..............

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: June 17, 2021, 06:23:37 PM »

Did any of those people who have been charged and arrested and are awaiting trial for their participation in the January 6, 2021 (whatever you want to call it) break the law? If so what laws did they break? What laws that they are accused of breaking did they not break?

This thread can go on for 500 or 5,000 pages....none of us posting in it can charge anyone with insurrection, or any other crime unless in their offline life they have the authority to do so. So, exactly what is your point?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: June 17, 2021, 06:28:33 PM »
Pretty sure they have specific charges against them.   But spin it however it fits your delusions.

You can read what each of them is charged with here, https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/capitol-breach-cases. The charges are both numerous and specific.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #114 on: June 17, 2021, 07:52:06 PM »
I agree.

The recession ended July 1, 2009, before a single stimulus dollar was dispersed. 

The stimulus was supposed to keep unemployment under 8%; it went over 10%. 

Post WWII recessions were followed by an average of 4.6% annual GDP growth.  The Obama admin’s “new normal” never produced a single year of even 3% GDP growth.

The principal purpose of the Obama/Biden stimulus was to use taxpayer funds to bailout the Banks and Wall Street Hedge Funds who were about to get their asses kicked by the mortgage and real estate meltdown that their greed created.

Then Obama greased the palms that put him in office. The rest he totally wasted on green energy scams.

Obviously some really stupid people here want to pretend that the mortgage crisis didn’t happen on Obama’s watch. It definitely did and most honest posters won’t ever forget the sight of entire subdivisions with only every third house occupied. While Obama sat and did nothing.

Except allow a grown man in a dress share a public restroom with an eight year old girl.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: June 17, 2021, 08:10:31 PM »
The subprime mortgage crisis of 2007–10 stemmed from an earlier expansion of mortgage credit, including to borrowers who previously would have had difficulty getting mortgages.

So it seems based on Les' post that Obama was instrumental in causing the mortgage crises even before he was elected President in 2008 and took office on January 20, 2009. Interesting...very, very interesting. Who knew?

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: June 17, 2021, 08:27:20 PM »
The subprime mortgage crisis of 2007–10 stemmed from an earlier expansion of mortgage credit, including to borrowers who previously would have had difficulty getting mortgages.

So it seems based on Les' post that Obama was instrumental in causing the mortgage crises even before he was elected President in 2008 and took office on January 20, 2009. Interesting...very, very interesting. Who knew?

The subject matter is beyond your comprehension.

If you want to go back to Bill Clinton passing the legislation that started the mortgage meltdown I would agree.

It was Barack Obama’s failed economic policies, his ego, incompetence, and inability to solve any type of problem that set up the perfect environment for the mortgage crisis to almost take down the economy of the richest nation in the world.

But that strays from the original argument…the Obama/Biden ARRA was a complete failure. That is not debatable. The Obama economy was the worst since the First World War.

Google snippets are not going to change those facts. You could never even begin to comprehend what the mortgage meltdown entailed.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: June 17, 2021, 09:01:08 PM »
The subject matter is beyond your comprehension.

If you want to go back to Bill Clinton passing the legislation that started the mortgage meltdown I would agree.

It was Barack Obama’s failed economic policies, his ego, incompetence, and inability to solve any type of problem that set up the perfect environment for the mortgage crisis to almost take down the economy of the richest nation in the world.

But that strays from the original argument…the Obama/Biden ARRA was a complete failure. That is not debatable. The Obama economy was the worst since the First World War.

Google snippets are not going to change those facts. You could never even begin to comprehend what the mortgage meltdown entailed.

You might be right about this subject matter being beyond my comprehension, because I was not adversely affected by this particular mortgage crisis. Just as I weathered the 1980's savings and loan crisis unscathed. I was not at all impacted by the S&L problems in the 1960's aside from being friends with someone who lost their proverbial shirt when government regulations limited interest rates on savings.

I purchased my present home under market value in 1998 and rolled over the profits from the sale of my two previous homes as a sizable down payment on this one. At no time, have I ever been close to being 'underwater' on my minuscule mortgage. Today, my house would sell for almost 4 times as much as I paid for it when I bought it.

But hey, let's just say when it comes to finances, I have been one lucky son-of-a-bitch for the last 55 years. I mean considering my lack of comprehension about these things and the fact that my present net worth was done on my own with my wife's support and a modest income, but no major inheritances, I should be homeless by now, right?

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: June 17, 2021, 09:50:24 PM »
You might be right about this subject matter being beyond my comprehension, because I was not adversely affected by this particular mortgage crisis. Just as I weathered the 1980's savings and loan crisis unscathed. I was not at all impacted by the S&L problems in the 1960's aside from being friends with someone who lost their proverbial shirt when government regulations limited interest rates on savings.

I purchased my present home under market value in 1998 and rolled over the profits from the sale of my two previous homes as a sizable down payment on this one. At no time, have I ever been close to being 'underwater' on my minuscule mortgage. Today, my house would sell for almost 4 times as much as I paid for it when I bought it.

But hey, let's just say when it comes to finances, I have been one lucky son-of-a-bitch for the last 55 years. I mean considering my lack of comprehension about these things and the fact that my present net worth was done on my own with my wife's support and a modest income, but no major inheritances, I should be homeless by now, right?

Your smugness confirms your stupidity. You’re practically tearing a rotator cuff patting yourself on the back for accomplishing next to nothing. All to defend the honor of the Bathhouse Barry Obama and his failed ARRA. Your lack of maturity is astounding.

You live in an average house, with multiple family members, that you’re still paying a 30-year fixed mortgage on. You live on an Oregon PERS pension…which is nothing to brag about. You’re too dumb and your ego will ever let you understand the financial opportunities you’ve missed and the money failed liberal policies have cost you. The funniest thing about stupid people is that they just don’t know they are stupid.

My background is in market trading and investment banking. Retired at 40 and work for myself.

At a hell of a lot more than an Oregon  PERS pension would ever pay out.

But back to the point - the Obama/Biden ARRA was a complete failure.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: June 18, 2021, 01:56:55 AM »
But, but, but Google says:

"blah, blah, blah"...  And Trump said "blah, blah, blah"...  ::)

Prime likes to paste stats from Libturd-GOOG in each and every "discussion" he's in.
"Barry-O-H'mo - Good, Orange Julius - Bad"...

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2021, 11:44:34 AM »
Your smugness confirms your stupidity. You’re practically tearing a rotator cuff patting yourself on the back for accomplishing next to nothing. All to defend the honor of the Bathhouse Barry Obama and his failed ARRA. Your lack of maturity is astounding.

You live in an average house, with multiple family members, that you’re still paying a 30-year fixed mortgage on. You live on an Oregon PERS pension…which is nothing to brag about. You’re too dumb and your ego will ever let you understand the financial opportunities you’ve missed and the money failed liberal policies have cost you. The funniest thing about stupid people is that they just don’t know they are stupid.

My background is in market trading and investment banking. Retired at 40 and work for myself.

At a hell of a lot more than an Oregon  PERS pension would ever pay out.

But back to the point - the Obama/Biden ARRA was a complete failure.

It is great that you are well off. That you feel the need to brag about it and remark negatively about my income seems a bit odd. But then, this is Getbig and folks here like to talk about how much money they make and spend.

Not to worry, I do okay with an annual income that is just shy of three times the average individual income in Oregon.

Did you know that well over 3,000 folks' PERS benefits exceed $100,000. annually? Presently, this fellow has the highest PERS benefit:

ROBERTSON, JOSEPH E  $80,245 monthly  2017-11-01  Tier One   Full Formula   $1,563,517 final salary   $962,939 annual benefit

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2021, 11:52:10 PM »
It is great that you are well off. That you feel the need to brag about it and remark negatively about my income seems a bit odd. But then, this is Getbig and folks here like to talk about how much money they make and spend.

Not to worry, I do okay with an annual income that is just shy of three times the average individual income in Oregon.

Did you know that well over 3,000 folks' PERS benefits exceed $100,000. annually? Presently, this fellow has the highest PERS benefit:

ROBERTSON, JOSEPH E  $80,245 monthly  2017-11-01  Tier One   Full Formula   $1,563,517 final salary   $962,939 annual benefit

I was not bragging.

You thought you would be a smartass about how successful you’ve been and how you managed to avoid homelessness to try to prove your understanding of the economic impact and failure of the Obama/Biden ARRA.

As usual, you were showing your ass and ended up looking like an idiot.

How ridiculously stupid are you, to come on here everyday and end up being made to look like a total fool, to defend failed politicians you will never meet and have little to no effect on your life?

Let me leave you with a little smug parting gift to ponder, I make more money in a month than you ever made in any year of your life. Your pension is couch cushion pocket change in the real world.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2021, 02:57:41 PM »
I was not bragging.

You thought you would be a smartass about how successful you’ve been and how you managed to avoid homelessness to try to prove your understanding of the economic impact and failure of the Obama/Biden ARRA.

How ridiculously stupid are you, to come on here everyday and end up being made to look like a total fool, to defend failed politicians you will never meet and have little to no effect on your life?

Let me leave you with a little smug parting gift to ponder, I make more money in a month than you ever made in any year of your life. Your pension is couch cushion pocket change in the real world.
   ::)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: June 20, 2021, 03:37:02 PM »
I was not bragging.

Tell me exactly how much did/do I make in a year? Surely, you know this. FYI my "pocket change" pension is about 30% higher than what I made before I retired. But I'm not bragging.

Just so you know, I think it is great that you are so well off. I don't begrudge other folks' accomplishments, nor do I feel the need to belittle other people who have not been as successful or lucky as I have been.

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: June 21, 2021, 02:39:47 AM »
 :)

Still hurting libturdz feelings. They are crying over this, LMAO...