Author Topic: Onlyme can you give us some stats  (Read 7914 times)

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
  • Male Silverback Gorillas Do Not Take Drugs.
Onlyme can you give us some stats
« on: October 06, 2006, 10:53:31 PM »
Enjoy reading your posts and wonder if you could give us some stats on your poundages you have lifted,getting a bit sick of a fool TA and his delusional strength and physique claims and some of his gimmick accounts.I Know your strong and clean and could give us some stories on other guys you have witnessed in the past and give this delusional idiot and his deciples a reality check.
BOBB SAPP KILLS

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: Onlyme can you give us some stats
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 02:23:46 AM »
Well I don't if my poundages as a natural are anything great.  But I do know TA is WAY OFF on his theories of natural strength and many other theories.  I personally think he is just doing this for fun.  I am pretty sure he watched Pumping Iron a few too many times and got the idea of saying ridiculous things like Arnold did to get a psychological advantage over his competition.  Like the ice cream and junk food diet.  But I guess everything is all relative.  A perfect example of raw strength is a guy at our gym just left for Nebraska on a scholarship in football.  He is only 5'6" and weighed last week before he left 185.  This little fucker was unreal.  He would take 315 pounds and do step-ups onto a 2' high set of steps.  And do 10 reps.  He would do hangcleans with 225 fairly easy.  He deadlifted 405 for 8 reps very easy.  He could bench 315 for 4 or 5.  Plus he ran 4.4 40.  He was all-state here in football and wrestling.  Tough little bastard strong as hell and completely natural.  Just 18 too. 

I was definitely stronger during the 6 months I took test cyp back in 1986 then I ever was but I also think it was because I trained the hardest then.  When I started training seriously in 1979 at the original World Gym my thing was to get my bench to 500.  And finally I did at a bodyweight of 247 completely natural and Joe Gold was the guy pushing me to do this the most.  In fact my training partner and Tony Pearson had me on tuna and lettuce and lots of liver tabs. 

For me personally I attribute every I have done by how hard I train.  The harder I trained the stronger I got and stayed.  I mean almost 10 years after my last shot I did my highest incline bench of 505 at The Gym when I training with Francis Silva (who benched 600 at just over 200 lbs.) and Joe Onasai and others.  In fact I would do my first set with 405 and those guys couldn't believe it.  I just am used to not having to warmup.  Ray Mentzer and me did this.  And I still do this.  you can ask the two guys I was training with before I got kicked out of the gym a month ago.  I would warmup with 315 on the bench and incline or 225 on the military.  I just don't warmup.  And I have been roid free for 20 years.

And I am nearly the strongest natural guy I have seen.  Come to the gym here and you see more 400+ benchers than at any single gym except maybe in Honolulu.  The fucking Samoans are superhuman.  Sepo is a true natural and can bench pretty dam close to 600.  He does 505 for 4.  And he weighs 360 lbs. at about 5'11" and he can slam dunk a basketball and plays outside linebacker on the semi-pro football team here.

Very simple, you train heavy you will get strong.  No if's ands or but's about it.  Eat your protein. 

And also, I know guys like my good friend Art who was a wrestler.  He was so fucking strong.  If he got a hold of you, you weren't going anywhere.  He came to the gym one day to watch me and I wanted to see how strong he was.  He could barely and I mean barely bench 135.  But his functional strength was unreal.  I do attribute allot of my strength because of gymnastics.  I competed up till 8th grade where I won the So. Cal Jr High Gymnastics Championships in Manhattan Beach.  I went to Dana.  I loved the bars and rings.  I was doing iron crosses in elementary school and giants.  No one was doing that.  30 pullups for me back then was nothing.  Doing dips in the parallel bars for 30 reps was nothing.  I wanted to do gymnastics when I got to high school but we didn't get them till I was a senior.  I was 130 as a freshman.  I graduated at 210.

So any of the crap TA says about natural are so off base it is funny but I really think he knows that and he is just fucking with us.  He is rather smart and knows what he is saying and doing ( I mean consciously) and Vince is just delusional and absolutely knows nothing.

Hendrix

• Getbig IV
  • Male Silverback Gorillas Do Not Take Drugs.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 02:43:17 AM »
Thanks onlyme ;D
BOBB SAPP KILLS

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 02:59:14 AM »
what got you booted outta the gym?
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 03:08:29 AM »
He threw a 250lb dbl at a guy and killed him.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 03:51:36 AM »
Yar, I caught this too. Now what did you do, bro? Installing mini-cams?  ;)

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 11:38:37 AM »
Adonis is a nutjob. What else can you say about a Jewish guy who posts photos of himself doing the Hitler salute? I'm no psychologist, but he obviously has a very psychotic and antisocial personality. He shows the extreme egotism, exhibitionism, and lack of a empathy characteristic of people with antisocial personalities. Just look at how he's always wishing death on drug users. Sane people simply don't act like that, even on the internet.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 11:59:41 AM »

There is a new owner who bought the gym on June.  He is an asshole.  He knows nothing about the gymbusiness.  He was a landscaper from Northern Cal.  He backstab me.  He wanted me to be partners and asked me all kinds of questions about the gym and how it ran then went and bought it himself.  So now myslef and BJ Penn's family is opening a Temple Gym and everyone is talking about it.  He got tired of everyone talking about it me recruiting people from the gym sohe kicked me out.  He knows nothing about this industry.  He actually fired the childcare girl who worked there for 10 months because he found out she was bringing her own child.  What an asshole

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 12:05:06 PM »
There is a new owner who bought the gym on June.  He is an asshole.  He knows nothing about the gymbusiness.  He was a landscaper from Northern Cal.  He backstab me.  He wanted me to be partners and asked me all kinds of questions about the gym and how it ran then went and bought it himself.  So now myslef and BJ Penn's family is opening a Temple Gym and everyone is talking about it.  He got tired of everyone talking about it me recruiting people from the gym sohe kicked me out.  He knows nothing about this industry.  He actually fired the childcare girl who worked there for 10 months because he found out she was bringing her own child.  What an asshole

People in this line of business are notorious for bringing people on as partners just to obtain information & then boot them

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 12:11:17 PM »
People in this line of business are notorious for bringing people on as partners just to obtain information & then boot them

It's okay cause now I got great people and a great gym going up with Temple and Dorian.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 12:33:54 PM »
It's okay cause now I got great people and a great gym going up with Temple and Dorian.

Thats right....don't let it bother or stop you.

Just keep progressing forward.

Chances are....you'll put them out of business & they'll be claiming you stole their clientele.  Funny how someone would leave one gym to go to another & immediately they look at it as stealing clientele.  They never look at why the left in the first place & if they took care of people right (good customer service) it would never give people a reason to leave in the first place.

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 01:44:55 PM »
How does the franchise work with Temple Gyms? Do you get gauranteed seminars with Dorian and a discount on buying equipment/supps?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 01:48:15 PM »
How does the franchise work with Temple Gyms? Do you get gauranteed seminars with Dorian and a discount on buying equipment/supps?

you get that guy whos shouts all the time in his video aswell, "come on dieself lets load those magazine" "come on yates kick it"!!!!!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 07:02:52 PM »

Not sure with everyone but I do know with us.  Beside having a full on gym the two we are developing now will also have a BJ Penn MMA Training Center.  SO we cover allot.  And I do predict I will close that scumbag down with a year.  He is stepping on allot of peoples toes and they are calling me now.  Two front desk people quit today I heard, so the manager is working from 7 to 7.  Temple Gyms are far better than Golds Gym  I have been with Golds forever and Pete is my kids godfather.  But the new owners are ruining it.  The franchise fees are ridiculous and now they take a percentage of your GROSS.  From what I understand there are allot of Golds and World gyms converting over.  The cusomter service at Temple so far in incredible.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 07:24:07 PM »
But the new owners are ruining it.  The franchise fees are ridiculous and now they take a percentage of your GROSS.  From what I understand there are allot of Golds and World gyms converting over.  The cusomter service at Temple so far in incredible.

In the northeast many old Golds and World gyms have either went out of business or changed into Planet Fitness gyms.
The House that Ruth built

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 07:26:45 PM »
In the northeast many old Golds and World gyms have either went out of business or changed into Planet Fitness gyms.
:'(
bodybuildersreality.com

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 07:28:16 PM »
onlyme your stories are a great contribution to this board

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 07:53:26 PM »
onlyme your stories are a great contribution to this board

Agreed.
Ron Paul 2012

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 10:04:24 PM »

Fired her?...he is a real asshole...what goes around comes around, his karma will even out someday.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 10:31:17 PM »
Fired her?...he is a real asshole...what goes around comes around, his karma will even out someday.

How about this.  It shows he doesn't know shit about the gym business or customer service.  To save electricity he turns off the hot water heater at night.  It is 150 gallons and doesn't provide hot water in time for the early morning crowd before work.  He has risen the A/C to 75 and ultimately wants it at 79 to help save electricity. Today I had lunch with a PT who just moved here from Florida.  This guy has two Masters and is very smart.  Plus he knows so many people I know.  Well the owner hired him last week.  Spent some time with the guy to find out what he needs for the Personal Training program.  SO this guy tells him and helps him out and even opened the gym one morning cause the morning person quit.  Well the owner fired on Wednesday and told him he didn't need him.  SO he used that guy too.  He hasn't lived here even a year and he is getting a real shitty reputation.  I can't wait to open.  It just so happens the Penn family owns the office space directly across from the entrance to his gym about 30' away. We are making it our temporary sales office.  We are going to grab everyone that foes into his gym and out.  So many people are waiting for us.  I bet I do at least 500 to 750 for pre-sales. 

I'm opening once I annouce our grand opening some of you guys and gals can come over.  And all you gotta do is tell me who you are from GetBig and while you are in Hawaii on the Big Island you have a place to train at the GetBig Alumni discount................ ................100% off

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 10:35:26 PM »
How about this.  It shows he doesn't know shit about the gym business or customer service.  To save electricity he turns off the hot water heater at night.  It is 150 gallons and doesn't provide hot water in time for the early morning crowd before work.  He has risen the A/C to 75 and ultimately wants it at 79 to help save electricity. Today I had lunch with a PT who just moved here from Florida.  This guy has two Masters and is very smart.  Plus he knows so many people I know.  Well the owner hired him last week.  Spent some time with the guy to find out what he needs for the Personal Training program.  SO this guy tells him and helps him out and even opened the gym one morning cause the morning person quit.  Well the owner fired on Wednesday and told him he didn't need him.  SO he used that guy too.  He hasn't lived here even a year and he is getting a real shitty reputation.  I can't wait to open.  It just so happens the Penn family owns the office space directly across from the entrance to his gym about 30' away. We are making it our temporary sales office.  We are going to grab everyone that foes into his gym and out.  So many people are waiting for us.  I bet I do at least 500 to 750 for pre-sales. 

I'm opening once I annouce our grand opening some of you guys and gals can come over.  And all you gotta do is tell me who you are from GetBig and while you are in Hawaii on the Big Island you have a place to train at the GetBig Alumni discount................ ................100% off

So if I come to Hawaii I can train for free? Hey you should set up your own shop at the gym though Muscle Mafia ??? You are right?

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 10:41:52 PM »

Is it also gonna be a bjj/nhb gym?

I would think so given BJ Penn's background

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2006, 10:47:07 PM »
Another thing to add to the childcare girl getting fired.  It happen at about 7:30am.  The morning classes are packed.  He fired the girl then.  Didn't wait.  So then he went into the middle of the class during and made the annoucement their was no childcare and the parents had to get their kids.  So they ended up cancelling the class in the middle.  Now how is that for good ownership.  

Here is another.  One of the popular PT's from over at Gold's Gym in Honolulu came over to train while on the Big Island.  It just so happen to be the weekend when this new owner switched from Golds Gym to his own name Pacific Island Fitness.  On Friday the guy trained there for free (cause of the reciprocal program), he came back the next day and the new owner told him it is no longer a Golds Gym and that he would have to pay $20 to train. The guy couldn't believe it and told him he was just there the day before and the owner said well to bad it is $20.  SO the guy left.  NO diplomacy at all.  I hate this fucker

So if I come to Hawaii I can train for free? Hey you should set up your own shop at the gym though Muscle Mafia ??? You are right?

Yes you can train while you are visiting the Big Island for nothing.

Is it also gonna be a bjj/nhb gym?

I would think so given BJ Penn's background

Yes it will be a BJ Penn Training Center also.  We are going to have two up, one in Hilo and one in Kona.  Also, we are going to be putting in BJ Penn Traning Centers in any Temple Gym that will want one.  I think the way Dorian, Scott and Brett are going at getting Temple Gym going is great.  The new owners of Gold's Gym has ruined what Pete, Ed, Paul and Timmy did and they are not the gym they used to be.  And especially their customer service is among the worst.  I have heard so many stories and experinced some myself/

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2006, 09:09:56 AM »
Well I don't if my poundages as a natural are anything great.  But I do know TA is WAY OFF on his theories of natural strength and many other theories.  I personally think he is just doing this for fun.  I am pretty sure he watched Pumping Iron a few too many times and got the idea of saying ridiculous things like Arnold did to get a psychological advantage over his competition.  Like the ice cream and junk food diet.  But I guess everything is all relative.  A perfect example of raw strength is a guy at our gym just left for Nebraska on a scholarship in football.  He is only 5'6" and weighed last week before he left 185.  This little fucker was unreal.  He would take 315 pounds and do step-ups onto a 2' high set of steps.  And do 10 reps.  He would do hangcleans with 225 fairly easy.  He deadlifted 405 for 8 reps very easy.  He could bench 315 for 4 or 5.  Plus he ran 4.4 40.  He was all-state here in football and wrestling.  Tough little bastard strong as hell and completely natural.  Just 18 too. 

I was definitely stronger during the 6 months I took test cyp back in 1986 then I ever was but I also think it was because I trained the hardest then.  When I started training seriously in 1989 at the original World Gym my thing was to get my bench to 500.  And finally I did at a bodyweight of 247 completely natural and Joe Gold was the guy pushing me to do this the most.  In fact my training partner and Tony Pearson had me on tuna and lettuce and lots of liver tabs. 

For me personally I attribute every I have done by how hard I train.  The harder I trained the stronger I got and stayed.  I mean almost 10 years after my last shot I did my highest incline bench of 505 at The Gym when I training with Francis Silva (who benched 600 at just over 200 lbs.) and Joe Onasai and others.  In fact I would do my first set with 405 and those guys couldn't believe it.  I just am used to not having to warmup.  Ray Mentzer and me did this.  And I still do this.  you can ask the two guys I was training with before I got kicked out of the gym a month ago.  I would warmup with 315 on the bench and incline or 225 on the military.  I just don't warmup.  And I have been roid free for 20 years.

And I am nearly the strongest natural guy I have seen.  Come to the gym here and you see more 400+ benchers than at any single gym except maybe in Honolulu.  The fucking Samoans are superhuman.  Sepo is a true natural and can bench pretty dam close to 600.  He does 505 for 4.  And he weighs 360 lbs. at about 5'11" and he can slam dunk a basketball and plays outside linebacker on the semi-pro football team here.

Very simple, you train heavy you will get strong.  No if's ands or but's about it.  Eat your protein. 

And also, I know guys like my good friend Art who was a wrestler.  He was so fucking strong.  If he got a hold of you, you weren't going anywhere.  He came to the gym one day to watch me and I wanted to see how strong he was.  He could barely and I mean barely bench 135.  But his functional strength was unreal.  I do attribute allot of my strength because of gymnastics.  I competed up till 8th grade where I won the So. Cal Jr High Gymnastics Championships in Manhattan Beach.  I went to Dana.  I loved the bars and rings.  I was doing iron crosses in elementary school and giants.  No one was doing that.  30 pullups for me back then was nothing.  Doing dips in the parallel bars for 30 reps was nothing.  I wanted to do gymnastics when I got to high school but we didn't get them till I was a senior.  I was 130 as a freshman.  I graduated at 210.

So any of the crap TA says about natural are so off base it is funny but I really think he knows that and he is just fucking with us.  He is rather smart and knows what he is saying and doing ( I mean consciously) and Vince is just delusional and absolutely knows nothing.

great post...I agree about TA too, I can see him just laughing at how upset everyone gets about his comments ;D
just not good enough

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 01:21:45 PM »
Not sure with everyone but I do know with us.  Beside having a full on gym the two we are developing now will also have a BJ Penn MMA Training Center.  SO we cover allot.  And I do predict I will close that scumbag down with a year.  He is stepping on allot of peoples toes and they are calling me now.  Two front desk people quit today I heard, so the manager is working from 7 to 7.  Temple Gyms are far better than Golds Gym  I have been with Golds forever and Pete is my kids godfather.  But the new owners are ruining it.  The franchise fees are ridiculous and now they take a percentage of your GROSS.  From what I understand there are allot of Golds and World gyms converting over.  The cusomter service at Temple so far in incredible.

Rick converted his Golds to Worlds a few years ago on Garnet Ave, Pacific Beach here in San Diego