Author Topic: Mike Quinn competing "naturally" in 1992  (Read 6356 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Mike Quinn competing "naturally" in 1992
« on: October 08, 2006, 11:34:25 AM »

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Mike Quinn competing "naturally" in 1992
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 11:38:44 AM »
His best showing ever!

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2006, 11:44:09 AM »
In his defense, they enforced the drug testing AND got them to use DiPsaquale's ketogenic diet.  The routine was choreographed, and the athletes were told they had to follow them.

I'll never forgive the fact he skipped to the stage... ;D

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 12:00:45 PM »
I had forgotten how annoying Vince M. was as a commentator.. >:(
The introduction videos were cheesy even for WWF standards..

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 12:01:21 PM »
Ah, the Di Pasquale high-fat diet. Thats what Quinn blamed it on.

Surely Quinn did not want to tarnish his rep as  pro, and get on stage like that, which means he was forced to by enforcing his contract, and perhaps threatened with suspension/fines. But, why would McMahon want him on stage looking like that? And it was televised.

The story goes the drug-testing was news that came in very late, right?

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 12:06:44 PM »
Ouch. 

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 12:17:06 PM »

Surely Quinn did not want to tarnish his rep as  pro, and get on stage like that, which means he was forced to by enforcing his contract, and perhaps threatened with suspension/fines. But, why would McMahon want him on stage looking like that? And it was televised.

Right.  very unexpected; it was because of Mcmahon's steroid trial...

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 12:18:42 PM »
u guys actually think he was natural aswell?
he probably cut down his usage, ie less DRUGS~

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 12:23:37 PM »
u guys actually think he was natural aswell?
he probably cut down his usage, ie less DRUGS~

Competing looking like that?  I sure hope he was clean ;D
Some of the guys who used GH and knew how to beat the test looked pretty good.

The second they mentioned drug testing, Lou Ferrigno said "This is bullshit!" and walked... :D

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 12:40:15 PM »
I think Mike used coke to self-medicate the desire to get high ;D.

Old training partner used to know Mike in the 90's and claimed that they'd put 5 figures ($) up their noses easy...

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 12:42:31 PM »
I think Mike used coke to self-medicate the desire to get high ;D.

Old training partner used to know Mike in the 90's and claimed that they'd put 5 figures ($) up their noses easy...

Making good dosh!

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 12:57:55 PM »
Mike said he used coke to self-medicate his anxiety from ADHD in that interview link I posted in the other thread.  I really hate it when druggies use that as an excuse - as if to imply abusing drugs is somehow benefitting them.
Change Your Brain, Change Your Life: The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Anger, and Impulsiveness
by Daniel G. Amen

About this title: In a breakthrough study, a neuro-psychiatrist offers a variety of suggestions--from cognitive exercises to dietary changes--aimed at those who suffer from neurological imbalances such as depression, anxiety, and other frontal lobe problems.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 01:01:40 PM »
Change Your Brain, Change Your Life: The Breakthrough Program for Conquering Anxiety, Depression, Obsessiveness, Anger, and Impulsiveness
by Daniel G. Amen

About this title: In a breakthrough study, a neuro-psychiatrist offers a variety of suggestions--from cognitive exercises to dietary changes--aimed at those who suffer from neurological imbalances such as depression, anxiety, and other frontal lobe problems.

Between Christian, Quinn, Dearth, etc, this should have been the WBF manual.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 01:05:57 PM »
I was self-medicating just last month, at the Whiskey on Sunset Blvd. I find the synergistic properties of Coors Light, Toot, GHB & hookers works the best. I feel much better.
a

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 01:54:43 PM »

Royalty....again....this was posted about two-three weeks ago.

Same topic....

you suck.

;)

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 02:28:21 PM »
LOL!!!  Exactly!  I just wish the cokeheads would just admit that.

Cocaine's a helluva drug! ;D

That is some addictive shit and easy to drop tons of $ on. :o

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 05:40:42 PM »

Surely Quinn did not want to tarnish his rep as  pro, and get on stage like that, which means he was forced to by enforcing his contract, and perhaps threatened with suspension/fines. But, why would McMahon want him on stage looking like that? And it was televised.

Late indeed. The WBF started drug-testing in March 1992, a mere three months before the Championship in June. Dipasquale tested them for everything but the kitchen sink. He claimed his testing protocols could detect GH, Clenbuterol, dihydrotestosterone and HCG. Christian and M. Quinn claim champion Strydom wasn't tested (at least, not as severely as they were). Robinson, Dearth, and J.Quinn, however, said that everybody, from Strydom on down, got screened equally.

I saw the WBF championship the day it happened on pay-per-view (cost me $15) and recorded it.

I was bummed, because I wanted "Major Guns" Eddie Robinson to win. But, he showed up quite smooth (even though he blasted some ninjas to kingdom come).

I don't see why everyone thinks Strydom and J. Quinn cheated. Both were smaller than they were in 1991. The only guy who showed up bigger and more muscular than the previous year was Aaron "The Dark Angel" Baker. Plus, I would have put Tony "Jetman" Pearson in the  top 5, instead of Dearth.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2006, 07:36:59 PM »
Anybody have any footage from Quinn at the '91 show? I used to have some, from an episode of WBF Bodystars, but I accidentally recorded over it.

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2006, 07:44:43 PM »
THAT ''posing'' Mike was doing could be the reason i stopped doing shows !
CENSORED BY RON !

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2006, 07:45:08 PM »
Late indeed. The WBF started drug-testing in March 1992, a mere three months before the Championship in June. Dipasquale tested them for everything but the kitchen sink. He claimed his testing protocols could detect GH, Clenbuterol, dihydrotestosterone and HCG. Christian and M. Quinn claim champion Strydom wasn't tested (at least, not as severely as they were). Robinson, Dearth, and J.Quinn, however, said that everybody, from Strydom on down, got screened equally.

I saw the WBF championship the day it happened on pay-per-view (cost me $15) and recorded it.

I was bummed, because I wanted "Major Guns" Eddie Robinson to win. But, he showed up quite smooth (even though he blasted some ninjas to kingdom come).

I don't see why everyone thinks Strydom and J. Quinn cheated. Both were smaller than they were in 1991. The only guy who showed up bigger and more muscular than the previous year was Aaron "The Dark Angel" Baker. Plus, I would have put Tony "Jetman" Pearson in the  top 5, instead of Dearth.

Oh wow, I had the same experience and felt the show was worth 15 cents LOL. I too, felt Pearson should have bested Wildchild Dearth hehe. That was some lame show format, but Danny Padilla took the cake when he skipped out and danced around , smooth as hell looking like a smurf...poor bastard.
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2006, 07:47:25 PM »
So kamali copped quinn's routine 8)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2006, 07:50:57 PM »
Oh wow, I had the same experience and felt the show was worth 15 cents LOL. I too, felt Pearson should have bested Wildchild Dearth hehe. That was some lame show format, but Danny Padilla took the cake when he skipped out and danced around , smooth as hell looking like a smurf...poor bastard.

The two guys in the best conditions appeared to be Strydom and Baker (though, Pearson looked pretty good, as well).

DeMey looked fine during his posing routine; but, he looked rather smooth during the posedown. Perhaps, it was due to his going for "seconds" with that busty brunette who spiked his drink during his routine. What a nice guy that "Flexing Dutchman" is. How many bodybuilders would pause from fornicating to pose for his fans?

hardest core

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2006, 07:58:44 PM »
Say what you want about him............but he is 10 times better than Queen Tamali EVER was..........period.

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2006, 04:21:23 PM »

Just uploaded this to YouTube  ;D: