Author Topic: What does Melvin Goodrum and Dorian Yates have in common?  (Read 8787 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
What does Melvin Goodrum and Dorian Yates have in common?
« on: October 09, 2006, 06:56:57 AM »
Unbelievable as it sounds these two great bodybuilders have something in common in these photos. See if you can spot what it is! It just goes to prove that posting on Getbig is hardly a waste of time because it sharpens one's perception and judgement.

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
Re: What does Melvin Goodrum and Dorian Yates have in common?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 07:00:17 AM »
wow they both have black socks and trunks...I think vince was influenced by the mighty dorian Yates..

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 07:09:41 AM »
Best latspread ever.

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 07:31:19 AM »
huge calves :-\
i

Whiskey

• Getbig III
  • Team Billy Of Peace
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 07:34:58 AM »
Huge calves alright but his arms look like shit.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 07:38:06 AM »
Even over a decade later, that pic of Yates is insane.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 09:30:21 AM »
they both have a small package :-X
Flower Boy Ran Away

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 09:31:37 AM »

They both stayed at a Scottish Inn last night?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 04:25:09 PM »
I had to laugh when I saw Venom Vince in black socks. I thought, hey I have seen a photo like that before and instantly recalled the great images of Dorian in the basement or wherever he was. It is only a matter of time before the master plan is fulfilled and Vince G CSN MFT gets his pro card. What a day that will be on Getbig.

The serious question about Dorian is how come he never appeared on stage as huge as he shows in that photo? It seems to me guys lose size in weeks leading up to contests. Many look way better a couple of weeks out. Dennis James comes to mind. There seems to be something many are doing that is counterproductive to presenting at their best on stage. Look at how huge Dorian's arms and calves are there. Plus everything else. That is probably Dorian at his absolute best. No comment about the condition of fearless Triple V.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 04:31:34 PM »
That shot of Dorian is still to this day, one of, if not the most impressive picture ever taken.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 04:58:46 PM »
I had to laugh when I saw Venom Vince in black socks. I thought, hey I have seen a photo like that before and instantly recalled the great images of Dorian in the basement or wherever he was. It is only a matter of time before the master plan is fulfilled and Vince G CSN MFT gets his pro card. What a day that will be on Getbig.

The serious question about Dorian is how come he never appeared on stage as huge as he shows in that photo? It seems to me guys lose size in weeks leading up to contests. Many look way better a couple of weeks out. Dennis James comes to mind. There seems to be something many are doing that is counterproductive to presenting at their best on stage. Look at how huge Dorian's arms and calves are there. Plus everything else. That is probably Dorian at his absolute best. No comment about the condition of fearless Triple V.

I would say it is just mainly lighting changes the way the physique looks

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 05:13:55 PM »
hahah, soft? :-X

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 05:20:18 PM »
The only they have similar is they both have an "o", "d", "r", "n" and an "i" in their name

nothing else

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 05:25:27 PM »
That picture is almost 2 years old from when it was taken.  At the time, I was training at the Greenville Athletic Club, the same place Lee Haney trained to win the USA and Universe. 

That place was a truly hardcore gym.  The machine equipment was that original Universal Equipment and if anyone is familiar with it, it will definitely humble him when you train on it because the resistance is pretty heavy and solid.  Its all green and funky but its good shit.  No fucking pink weights around or anything

What I really liked was the freeweights.  The entire side of the building is equipped with dumbbell weights going up to 250 pounds plus if that wasn't enough to play with there was also a set of kettlebells as well to party with.  The front side of the building was where you would do your deadlifts and legs and there was powerlifting racks for it.  If you wanted to use chalk, it was cool and they sold ammonia tabs at the desk if you needed an extra kick.

I had some insane workouts there but eventually I grew out of the hardcore appeal.  I now train at the most expensive club around, Sportclub Raquet & Fitness Center.  Its a real nice place to go.  Clean enviroment, lots of eye candy, WIFI equipped, etc.  Its more or less a corporate type gym.  Only thing I don't like is that they serve beer there but oh well...... ;D  I still like it.  Fuck hardcore in my opinion, I want to train in a nice place, not a hole in the ground
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 05:29:08 PM »
That picture is almost 2 years old from when it was taken.  At the time, I was training at the Greenville Athletic Club, the same place Lee Haney trained to win the USA and Universe. 

That place was a truly hardcore gym.  The machine equipment was that original Universal Equipment and if anyone is familiar with it, it will definitely humble him when you train on it because the resistance is pretty heavy and solid.  Its all green and funky but its good shit.  No fucking pink weights around or anything

What I really liked was the freeweights.  The entire side of the building is equipped with dumbbell weights going up to 250 pounds plus if that wasn't enough to play with there was also a set of kettlebells as well to party with.  The front side of the building was where you would do your deadlifts and legs and there was powerlifting racks for it.  If you wanted to use chalk, it was cool and they sold ammonia tabs at the desk if you needed an extra kick.

I had some insane workouts there but eventually I grew out of the hardcore appeal.  I now train at the most expensive club around, Sportclub Raquet & Fitness Center.  Its a real nice place to go.  Clean enviroment, lots of eye candy, WIFI equipped, etc.  Its more or less a corporate type gym.  Only thing I don't like is that they serve beer there but oh well...... ;D  I still like it.  f**k hardcore in my opinion, I want to train in a nice place, not a hole in the ground

Why even bother going to the gym?
hahahah

How about you enter the MD contest?

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 05:34:04 PM »

I had some insane workouts there but eventually I grew out of the hardcore appeal.  I now train at the most expensive club around, Sportclub Racket & Fitness Center.  Its a real nice place to go.  Clean environment, lots of eye candy, WIFI equipped, etc.  Its more or less a corporate type gym.  Only thing I don't like is that they serve beer there but oh well...... ;D  I still like it.  f**k hardcore in my opinion, I want to train in a nice place, not a hole in the ground
Oh man, hardcore gyms are so conducive to hard training and I don't know about you guys but I find it hard not to get distracted when the girls are in those preppy gyms. All to your own, but do they cater to heavy weights at that corporate gym Vince?
In my experience those racket club style gyms don't have very heavy weights in fact only having 8 45 plates total! LOL S

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 05:39:02 PM »
Why even bother going to the gym?
hahahah

How about you enter the MD contest?

I have entered into the MD contest.  In fact, I plan to have some business ads in MD soon as well 

And to be honest, Adonis, you have no business suggesting contest to enter when you're too big of a pussy to get onstage at the Elite Classic.  I'll blow your 140 pound skinny ass away onstage.  I've already taken care of my prep issue and I'm leaned out even more now at 193 pounds, only 5 pounds off from when I took the stage at the Mountaineer. 

This time I will take the No 1 spot.  So if you decide to grow some testicles and not be a hermaphrodite all your life then fill out the entry forms and get your phony ass onstage.  That way everyone will know you doctored your pictures and you'll be exposed as the fraud you are
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 05:45:42 PM »
I have entered into the MD contest.  In fact, I plan to have some business ads in MD soon as well 

And to be honest, Adonis, you have no business suggesting contest to enter when you're too big of a pussy to get onstage at the Elite Classic.  I'll blow your 140 pound skinny ass away onstage.  I've already taken care of my prep issue and I'm leaned out even more now at 193 pounds, only 5 pounds off from when I took the stage at the Mountaineer. 

This time I will take the No 1 spot.  So if you decide to grow some testicles and not be a hermaphrodite all your life then fill out the entry forms and get your phony ass onstage.  That way everyone will know you doctored your pictures and you'll be exposed as the fraud you are

Why would I want to get on stage when I can have more joy ridiculing you from the crowd?

Trust me, I will do Getbig Justice and capture you as you were always meant to be captured.

You will be the turd that you were always meant to be.....hahhah

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 05:46:17 PM »
Oh man, hardcore gyms are so conducive to hard training and I don't know about you guys but I find it hard not to get distracted when the girls are in those preppy gyms. All to your own, but do they cater to heavy weights at that corporate gym Vince?
In my experience those racket club style gyms don't have very heavy weights in fact only having 8 45 plates total! LOL S

The dumbells only go up to 200 pounds but definitely won't ever need to go that high.  This gym has a lot of 45 pound plate around, even more than the original gym I trained at plus they are rubber coated with grip handles.  Much safer.  The music they play is a lot of that techno bullshit but I have my MP3 player so I can stay crunked on DMX and E-40 while I'm training.  I train hard but when I'm on my off days I would like to swim in their indoor gym, hop in the jacuzzi, steam room, or sauna or take up the number of classes they offer for free such as tae boxing, spinning class, weight aerobics, indoor racketball, golf or even BALLROOM DANCING if I felt like it. 

I'd rather spend 30 bucks extra a month to have all of that so again I say, fuck hardcore.
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 05:49:21 PM »
Why would I want to get on stage when I can have more joy ridiculing you from the crowd?

Trust me, I will do Getbig Justice and capture you as you were always meant to be captured.

You will be the turd that you were always meant to be.....hahhah

Go ahead and stay in the crowd.  I guess part of your Adonis principles is lots of cardio each day because you're running scared like a little bitch from me every day I put up the challenge.

I'm done with you.  Nothing but a yellow bastard. 

A

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 05:51:52 PM »
they both have a small package :-X
you would be looking wouldnt you hulky? ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 06:16:15 PM »
Hey, Melvin, what sort of poundages do you handle in the gym? Best bench, squat, dumbbell inclines, etc. I am sure the lads here are quite interested in what you lift.

What does it matter what colour gym equipment is painted? Show me another biceps-supinator machine of any colour out there in this world. I have the only one. Come down to my gym and learn how to train.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2006, 06:23:57 PM »
Hey, Melvin, what sort of poundages do you handle in the gym? Best bench, squat, dumbbell inclines, etc. I am sure the lads here are quite interested in what you lift.

What does it matter what colour gym equipment is painted? Show me another biceps-supinator machine of any colour out there in this world. I have the only one. Come down to my gym and learn how to train.

Does the biceps supinator machine give good results?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 06:45:29 PM »
The biceps-supinator machine can deliver an absolutely brutal workout for the biceps. Users have to be careful with the supination resistance because those muscles are not very strong compared to flexion. There are a few guys who really love that machine. Most of the bigger guys don't use it. So I have no idea if anyone is actually growing though using it. I tore a biceps doing a heavy deadlift about 30 years ago so my right arm cannot do the supination without experiencing some pain which is a pity because I would like to really give that machine a go.

You can use the machine like an ordinary biceps machine and just have resistance on the supination part. That way you still have to stop the handles from rotating so that requires a force. At the end of your curls you can then supinate until the pain stops you. It really is a great machine and what a pity it is in a gym at the other end of the world.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2006, 07:53:23 PM »

Do a search over at IronAge.us and Peter McGough tells a story on there about that photo session. If I remember correctly, Dorian took those photos immediately after a chest workout, which is one reason his chest is bigger than it ever appeared to be onstage.
There's a few more details to it, I'm sure, so I won't say any more as to report erroneous info.
Good luck on the search.