Author Topic: What does Melvin Goodrum and Dorian Yates have in common?  (Read 8788 times)

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
Re: What does Melvin Goodrum and Dorian Yates have in common?
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2006, 07:56:29 PM »
Here you go Vince, the thread:

http://ironage.us/yabbse/index.php?topic=942.0

AVBG

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2006, 08:04:07 PM »
That picture is almost 2 years old from when it was taken.  At the time, I was training at the Greenville Athletic Club, the same place Lee Haney trained to win the USA and Universe. 

That place was a truly hardcore gym.  The machine equipment was that original Universal Equipment and if anyone is familiar with it, it will definitely humble him when you train on it because the resistance is pretty heavy and solid.  Its all green and funky but its good shit.  No fucking pink weights around or anything

What I really liked was the freeweights.  The entire side of the building is equipped with dumbbell weights going up to 250 pounds plus if that wasn't enough to play with there was also a set of kettlebells as well to party with.  The front side of the building was where you would do your deadlifts and legs and there was powerlifting racks for it.  If you wanted to use chalk, it was cool and they sold ammonia tabs at the desk if you needed an extra kick.

I had some insane workouts there but eventually I grew out of the hardcore appeal.  I now train at the most expensive club around, Sportclub Raquet & Fitness Center.  Its a real nice place to go.  Clean enviroment, lots of eye candy, WIFI equipped, etc.  Its more or less a corporate type gym.  Only thing I don't like is that they serve beer there but oh well...... ;D  I still like it.  f**k hardcore in my opinion, I want to train in a nice place, not a hole in the ground

Try working out..

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2006, 10:59:03 PM »
So, let us see if I have this right, Melvin used to train at a hardcore gym and got his ideas about steroids there. Having no money he fashioned his own gynecomastia precursors then claimed they were there in adolescence. If a dude isn't too big he is smart to train in a corporate-fancy fitness gym because when he benches 225 for reps people will be impressed. I don't know where the head nutritionist finds the extra money for the fees to that fancy gym. Maybe it pays off because he gets clients there and they might be easier to convince than the lads at the real gym. There is a method to his madness, afterall.

The question remains about those socks. Did he intentionally keep them on for that photo shoot so that someone, somewhere, somehow would recognize the similarity between him and Dorian Yates?

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2006, 01:49:41 AM »
Both are male? ;D
Team Goodrum!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2006, 02:02:57 AM »
I didn't think Melvin would touch this thread with a 10 foot pole. He, however, is unlike the rest of us losers on Getbig. Maybe he could make a fortune telling folk how to survive on the internet and still have dignity!

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 02:07:25 AM »
Haha yes, see my new thread.
Team Goodrum!

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2006, 04:29:36 AM »
Bump?
Team Goodrum!