Author Topic: BRANCH WARREN...1 week after Mr. O  (Read 9122 times)

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: BRANCH WARREN...1 week after Mr. O
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 06:08:32 PM »
WOW, he looks terrible. when's his video coming out? i wanna see this fuckin science experiment lift heavy ass weight.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2006, 06:13:16 PM »
i think he is smart, and here's why.  He knows he is known for extreme conditioning.  Why would he jeopardize his health for a longer period of time than he has too?  the solution; get waterlogged as soon as possible after competing.  Don't stay dry for long.
Absolutely wrong. The pic tells us he used tons of diuretics to get in shape for the O. He has rebound edema and was holding a lot of water even before hitting the diuretics (as the pre show pics showed). A healthier approach is not getting so watery at any point. And tapering diuretics can be a good idea after shows as well because the stress that type of quick rebound causes is not healthy.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2006, 06:22:07 PM »
I think Branch is just so focused on being a good BB that he dose not stop to think about his health either way I have always been a big Branch fan but I do think he is a little overrated.  And his abs are horrible.

Old-Skool

• Getbig III
  • Back in the Day....
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2006, 06:24:22 PM »
Sooooo Ovvverrrrattteedd!!! Just proves that this guy is even more of a chemical  dependent body to rebound that badly. To all you guys who bashed me for saying he at best is a good "B" level bodybuilder,  just look at that shape (blob)! Dont you just look at those pics and wish you looked like that.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2006, 06:40:05 PM »
Absolutely wrong. The pic tells us he used tons of diuretics to get in shape for the O. He has rebound edema and was holding a lot of water even before hitting the diuretics (as the pre show pics showed). A healthier approach is not getting so watery at any point. And tapering diuretics can be a good idea after shows as well because the stress that type of quick rebound causes is not healthy.

umm, "watery" is a relative term.  And of course there is "rebound" edema... although i think that is a buzz term you are using to make yourself sound smart.  His body was depleted as all hell, after a contest his body would hold onto any water it could/can get if he was not trying to stay lean/dry.  Is he really that watery?  i don't think so... its a relative term like i said. i am willing to bet that about 99.9% of normal people are much more "watery" than that on any given day.  he looks watery because he is lean.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2006, 06:45:12 PM »
umm, "watery" is a relative term.  And of course there is "rebound" edema... although i think that is a buzz term you are using to make yourself sound smart.  His body was depleted as all hell, after a contest his body would hold onto any water it could/can get if he was not trying to stay lean/dry.  Is he really that watery?  i don't think so... its a relative term like i said. i am willing to bet that about 99.9% of normal people are much more "watery" than that on any given day.  he looks watery because he is lean.
Come on, look at his back. He is so watery he looks like he is at the fattest point in his off season. Do you really think normal people hold that much water? You don't think the steroids and GH made him hold any additional SQ water?

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2006, 07:19:13 PM »
i think he is smart, and here's why.  He knows he is known for extreme conditioning.  Why would he jeopardize his health for a longer period of time than he has too?  the solution; get waterlogged as soon as possible after competing.  Don't stay dry for long.

Quite possibly the dumbest post ever. By allowing such a drastic weight gain, and edema, he is doing far more harm than by slowly easing into offseason eating.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2006, 07:20:06 PM »
its pretty easy to put on 20-40lbs within a few days after a show...lots of water retention.

I've put on 25 lbs in a week after a show, and still been pretty hard. What he has done in one week is excessive, IMO.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2006, 07:27:40 PM »
Van and Traps are both right. It's a rebound, and his body is still holding low BF. Real important to taper alot of contest tools even after the contest. The rebound is the 2nd most dangerous part of bodybuilding, after diuretics. I know 2 guys that have rebounded by 40lbs in as little as 20hrs, one was sent to the hospital, and put back on lasix, the other just waddled to our amusement for a few days.

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2006, 07:28:34 PM »
The best time to make gains is right after a show after you're all dieted down. You body is primed for growth. Dorian knew this very well. While Flex, Shawn and others were taking months off afterward going on vacations and cruises and shit. Dorian was right back at the gym on a high calorie diet. Your body makes phenomenal gain after a hard diet and that is exactly what Branch is doing.
Don't let em fool ya

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2006, 07:30:51 PM »
The best time to make gains is right after a show after you're all dieted down. You body is primed for growth. Dorian knew this very well. While Flex, Shawn and others were taking months off afterward going on vacations and cruises and shit. Dorian was right back at the gym on a high calorie diet. Your body makes phenomenal gain after a hard diet and that is exactly what Branch is doing.
Right, not to mention the most insane pumps. Also it feels great just going in not worrying about cardio anymore or the contest but lifting to lift big. I wonder if Kamali ever gets tired of bulking year round?

jesusbod

• Getbig IV
  • Bite Me!
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2006, 08:01:05 PM »
Everyone seems to be an expert on Branch Warren in this thread. He's been at this a pretty long time. He knows what he is doing no matter how he looks to anyone.  I think I saw these pictures last spring after the early shows... I dont think they were from the recent (one week) past.

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2006, 08:07:04 PM »

If my memory serves me correctly, Jay did this too last year after losing to Coleman at the Olympia. Maybe he knew this too or am I not thinking straight?

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2006, 08:11:47 PM »
Branch offseason? ....... So ive seen worse......
-

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2006, 08:28:35 PM »
Wow! I can't believe Branch is only like 30-32 yrs old.

He looks close to 50! Sad....very sad.

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2006, 09:06:54 PM »
Jay Cutler in his One Step Closer DVD says that he trains through his rebound due to his genetics. He says other athletes such as Kevin and Ronnie are blessed geneticly, so it enables them to take some time off. Cutler also says that he gradually converts over to his offseason diet and doesn't just jump in.
-

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2006, 09:23:01 PM »
Yeah, but it's not like he's gaining new muscle, just putting back the weight he lost, and doing it at a drastic pace at that.  I don't think that's too healthy.

Branch did say that the diuretics Tom Prince gave him for the 2001 Nationals almost killed him.  I'm not so sure that sounds like a guy who knows what he's doing.  Moreso a guy who just takes whatever some guru tells him to.

Feels good though,besto workouts ever

No telling what he took  ::) Hope teh chad does not get to him though

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2006, 10:49:40 PM »
Maybe he wants to die an early death hahahahahaha oh brother hahahahahahaha.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2006, 11:28:46 PM »
I always thought Branch looked very old for his chronological age

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2006, 11:51:04 PM »
Well what about some pics of him where he isn't flexing and straining his face - this will kinda exagerate his look - lets see some where he is relaxed - if he still looks the same then something may be wrong.
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

whitewidow

« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2006, 12:03:45 AM »
i think he still looks great- way better than any of us will ever look.even looking like that.

cqfd

• Getbig II
  • cylindrical waists suck!
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2006, 12:05:57 AM »
i think he still looks great- way better than any of us will ever look.even looking like that.

::)
you're kidding,right?
Is that looking good for you?
healthy as hell..

whitewidow

« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2006, 12:22:56 AM »
only problem I see is his face is somewhat red -probably a touch of high blood pressure- what do you expect he uses alot of gear ad other exotic goodies- dude looks great in those pics- unhealthy yes-but his physique still is impressive- branch is one of the most hardcore wankers on this whole planet!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2006, 12:30:19 AM »
come on people are you all are blind...warren looks awesome in these pics..he looks thicker than the thickest...this is what bodybuilding is all about...freaky mass monsters and warren is one of the biggest guys out there..people this guy will make a big slash at the arnold 2007..this guy is the real thing...warren rulz
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2006, 12:46:59 AM »
i would also like to comment on what people are saying about him "obviously" having high blood pressure.  Now, i have no clue whether he does or not... what i DO know is that he is probably of irish or scottish descent by looking at him.  They're a naturally light skinned people.  When he flexes and or strains he's gonna get a lot more red/flushed in the face compared to someone who is naturally darker, because its more noticable.  And like i have said before... when branch is not dieted down, he's not a bad looking fellow.  I had an MD where he was on the cover and did a photo shoot in a beanie.  Some girls at my house saw it and said he looked like collin ferrel on roids and that he was good looking.