Author Topic: Robby Robinson pics??  (Read 11480 times)

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
Re: Robby Robinson pics??
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2006, 12:46:20 AM »
Who doesn't know this already? Add to that Schwarzenegger said it an accusatory tone amongst a room full of BBs, because Robinson dared to ask for $100/day while filming PI, all the while knowning that was small change & that the movie was mainly to his own benefit. Nice guy.

That was around the same time that Schwarzenegger reached around to fondle Robinson's wife's boobs while she was sitting on an exercise bench at Gold's. Classy.
Like I said IF and that's a big IF, this is true it's Robies' own fault for not letting out his steam then and there - when someone grabs you wife's/girlfriend's tit - it's time to throw causion to the wind and blast a muthafukkaz teeth in. Not sit back get mad and complain about it years latter :-\
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2006, 02:27:05 AM »
just one word HUGE....AMAZING
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2006, 02:57:45 AM »
"... Not only did Robbie re-gain his top form of all time...he surpassed it..."

Of course he did.  ::) I'm absolutely positive he was better than his 1977 NOC condition. Bigger, tighter, better vascularity, etc. Hell, we're all better athletes at 54 years old than at 25. :( He was in good shape but come on... how about some sort of reality check.

I am going to agree with TWB here. Robby at the NOC ( was it 78 Tom? )  was at his peak. There is a pic in an old M & F ( they are covering the contest ) that shows Robby back on . . . he blows the mind. Just the suggestion that Robbie never had leg biceps is foolish, because it was at that show and in the mentioned pic, that Robby set the standard for ham's.

That article was a promotion for Smith's training methods and nothing else.

The Beef

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2006, 03:04:40 AM »
Robbie had a fallout with Trevor Smith. Robbie badmouthed him a lot on his site, said Trevor wanted him to do dangerous dosages of drugs such as 100 dbols a day.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2006, 03:13:39 AM »
As if Robby Robinson owns the rights to many photos of himself ::)

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2006, 04:26:20 AM »
Robbie had a fallout with Trevor Smith. Robbie badmouthed him a lot on his site, said Trevor wanted him to do dangerous dosages of drugs such as 100 dbols a day.

Nope.
Team Goodrum!

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2006, 11:13:34 AM »
Like I said IF and that's a big IF, this is true it's Robies' own fault for not letting out his steam then and there - when someone grabs you wife's/girlfriend's tit - it's time to throw causion to the wind and blast a muthafukkaz teeth in. Not sit back get mad and complain about it years latter
Probably, but on the other hand he was fully cognizant of Schwarzenegger's position in the Weider constellation, and what a confrontation might've done to his standing and magazine publicity:

The earliest incident of the six described to The Times was said to have occurred in 1975 at Gold's Gym near Venice Beach. E. Laine Stockton, then newly married to professional bodybuilder Robby Robinson, said she had gone to the gym to watch her husband work out.

Stockton was 19 at the time. She said she was wearing slacks, tennis shoes and a loose-fitting T-shirt. She said she was not wearing a bra.

As she sat on an exercise bench, Stockton said, Schwarzenegger walked up behind her, reached under her T-shirt and touched her bare left breast.

"The gym is full of bodybuilders and Arnold comes and he gropes my breast — actually touches my breast with his left hand," she said.

She said Schwarzenegger then walked away without saying a word.

Stockton said she does not rule out that Schwarzenegger "may have meant it in playfulness." But she did not take it that way.

"I was just shocked, shocked to the point where I almost didn't know how to react, because it was so out of the blue and so unexpected," she said. "It just completely caught me off guard, and when I finally came to my senses, I immediately went over to Robby and I said, 'Look, Arnold just groped my breast.' "

Robinson, a former Mr. America, Mr. World and Mr. Universe, said he "tried to comfort her."

Robinson has since had a falling out with Schwarzenegger. An African American known as the "Black Prince" during his years on the professional bodybuilding circuit, Robinson has accused Schwarzenegger of racism — a charge that Schwarzenegger's campaign denies.

Robinson said he was upset by what Schwarzenegger had done to his wife, but did not confront him. "What he did was uncalled for, but I couldn't say nothing," Robinson said, explaining that he feared he'd be ostracized by the bodybuilding world.

He said he told his wife to stay out of Gold's Gym.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/1002-01.htm

BLACK BODYBUILDER CLAIMS SCHWARZENEGGER RACIST COMMENTS

Robby Robinson, one of the most respected and well known of all body builders [a former Mr. America, Mr. World and Mr. Universe titleholder], backs up claims made by fellow black bodybuilder Rick Wayne.

"No disrespect to fans of Arnold but Rick's claim is in keeping with my experiences with the man," Robinson explains in a message.

"In San Jose at the Russ Warner Classic, as it was called in those days, there was a scene. 7 or 8 of us bodybuilders were invited to guest pose at the show. We were all paid $650.00 to do our thing.

"After the show there was a big banquet. We were all dancing having a nice time and in walks Arnold who started shouting out, 'Down with the blacks, blacks this and blacks that,' for about 10 min.

"All during this time nobody said a word.

"The banquet hall was full of IFFB [International Federation of BodyBuilders] officals. There was a dead silence. You could've heard a pin fall. Everybody in the room was shocked except for me.

"All of his hostility and rage was directed at me. For once he got caught out of shape and I was in contest condition. Me being in great shape put him in a bad light and a bad attitude.

"In my mind I wanted to bust him up. But that would not have done any good. So with all my intensity bottled inside me I walked out of the room. I'm walking out as he was still in his mode of, down with the blacks, when the silence was broken by Joe Weider's voice telling Arnold to stop. That did no good. He was on a roll by now. I left the banquet and went to my room.

"His actions were cowardly and disrespectful. That's why Rick Wayne is speaking out.

"During Pumping Iron more racial slurs were directed at me because I walked out of his house refusing to be involved in the movie if we did not get paid something. We ended up getting $100.00 a day but not before more racial slurs of Black-Black were leveled at me for speaking up for myself and the rest of the guys.

"What the fans and media don't know is we all then signed $10,000.00 contracts with White Mountain Film Company and Arnold. To this day Arnold has not paid us a dime. I wonder what the value of that contact would be today. BB [body building] has a dark past, it's a tragedy. The Weiders and Arnold have to deal with their ghosts being uncovered."

http://www.drudgereportarchives.com/data/2003/09/08/20030908_143604_ar1.htm

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2006, 11:15:18 AM »
 :o very interesting post.
bodybuildersreality.com