Author Topic: Arnold is on Jay Leno tonight  (Read 2845 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Arnold is on Jay Leno tonight
« on: October 11, 2006, 08:29:20 PM »
Heads up to all you Arnold stalker fan types.

I'm recording it on my DVR.

NubianMuscle

• Getbig III
Re: Arnold is on Jay Leno tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 11:28:29 PM »
Schwarzenegger cites Iraq 'mistakes'

AP on Yahoo ^ | 10/11/06 | Michael R. Blood

LOS ANGELES - Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger traded quips with the host one moment and criticized U.S. foreign policy the next during an appearance Wednesday on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" that had the governor's opponents crying foul because his Democratic rival wasn't included.

When asked by Leno about TV campaign ads attempting to link Schwarzenegger to President Bush, the star of the "Terminator" films mocked the notion.

"To link me to George Bush is like linking me to an Oscar," said the governor, who has never won — or even been nominated for — acting's most prestigious award.

On a more serious subject, the Republican governor said a "lot of mistakes" were made during the war in Iraq, but ducked a question from Leno about whether Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld should be fired.

"Without any doubt, we have to find an exit strategy as quickly as possible," he said.

The remarks represented Schwarzenegger's most pointed criticism to date of the Bush administration over its Iraq policy. He has previously said he supports the war, but that the nation should find a "sensible" way to get out.

His appearance on "The Tonight Show" riled supporters of his opponent, state Treasurer Phil Angelides, whose campaign said he wants equal time.

A few dozen Angelides supporters staged a protest outside the NBC studios where "The Tonight Show" is taped, chanting "Hey, hey, ho, ho, Schwarzenegger's got to go."

Angelides campaign manager Cathy Calfo said she sent a letter Wednesday to 11 NBC affiliates in California asking them to give equal time to the state treasurer because "The Tonight Show" has not invited him onto the program.

NBC spokeswoman Tracy St. Pierre said "The Tonight Show" never received a letter Angelides' camp said it sent, but the state treasurer's spokesman, Steve Maviglio, provided a copy of the letter he said the campaign faxed on Tuesday, along with a UPS shipping receipt to have the letter sent overnight and delivered by Wednesday morning.

U.S. Rep. Xavier Becerra (news, bio, voting record), D-Calif., sent a letter to the Federal Communications Commission, accusing NBC of violating the Federal Communications Act's equal time provisions by allowing Schwarzenegger but not Angelides to appear.

Federal rules require broadcast stations to give equal time to candidates who appear on the air, although the rules do not apply to news programs, interview shows and documentaries in which the candidate is not the sole focus.

The equal time question came up during the 2003 gubernatorial recall election, when Schwarzenegger declared his candidacy on Leno's show in a surprise announcement.

Leno asked Schwarzenegger on Wednesday about the sex scandal that recently drove Republican Rep. Mark Foley (news, bio, voting record) from Congress. Asked if it warranted House Speaker Dennis Hastert's resignation, the governor didn't answer directly.

"Anyone that has any knowledge of it or has tried to cover it up should go — absolutely should go," he said.

As the appearance ended, Leno wished his guest well.

"Good luck, my friend," he said, shaking Schwarzenegger's hand.
D

AVBG

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 11:41:14 PM »
 :D Fuck Arnold!  :D

NubianMuscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 01:04:42 AM »
:D f**k Arnold!  :D
Why don't you tell us how you really feel about Arnold? ;D
D

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 01:10:53 AM »
he wants to fuck arnold  ???
Z

ReEvolution

• Getbig III
  • goodbye ronnie
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 01:56:56 AM »
Leno sucks.  End of story.
two thumbs WAY up!!!

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 04:19:54 AM »
Leno sucks.  End of story.
but he has a McLaren F1!

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 04:36:18 AM »
but he has a McLaren F1!

not just a Mclaren F1, he got a bunch of expensive cars. He collects them for fun. He also has the new $1.5 million BUGATTI
Get Big, or Die Trying

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 09:54:42 AM »
Arnold fans are the same as Star Trek geeks, living in a world of their own making and worshipping morons.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 10:06:50 AM »
ahnuld wuz on jaih lenuh ;D
Get Big, or Die Trying

Slick Vic

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 11:12:52 AM »
Yeah.... I saw it. It was okay. I've seen better interviews of the two together. Wonder if Arnie still has 'Flat Stan'.  :D

OneBigMan

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 12:04:25 PM »
Jay Leno is the number one Arnold fan in California and I hope everything Arnold does as governor makes Leno laugh like Letterman on The Tonight Show until the future of California gets really uncertain when Arnold gets elected.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 05:40:24 PM »
Jay Leno is the number one Arnold fan in California and I hope everything Arnold does as governor makes Leno laugh like Letterman on The Tonight Show until the future of California gets really uncertain when Arnold gets elected.

Hell...they ride motorcycles together

Big Freak

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 06:05:50 PM »

A few dozen Angelides supporters staged a protest outside the NBC studios where "The Tonight Show" is taped, chanting "Hey, hey, ho, ho, Schwarzenegger's got to go."

hahahahahahahahaha u americans are funny fukks

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 06:41:24 PM »
i watched it and for an old geezer his arms were still looking large. his suit was skin tight around his arm region
real men= no rubbers

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 07:20:10 PM »
arnold said for his anniversary. they stayed home and his wife put on something sexy and they watched pumping iron

suckmymuscle

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 12:16:45 AM »
Arnold fans are the same as Star Trek geeks, living in a world of their own making and worshipping morons.

I think this post demonstrates that, contrary to the official politically correct dogma, homosexuals can be just as prejudiced, petty and judgemental as anyone else. And you would expect that they wouldn't pass judgement on others; that their sexual and moral predicament would make them better people... :( :-X

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Slick Vic

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 05:15:29 AM »
i watched it and for an old geezer his arms were still looking large. his suit was skin tight around his arm region

Yup.... Arnold may not have his Olympian chest anymore but no matter what age he is he's still got the arms.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 01:48:27 PM »
Yup.... Arnold may not have his Olympian chest anymore but no matter what age he is he's still got the arms.
when was T3 filmed?? that wasn't THAT long ago and Arnold was in very good shape.
bodybuildersreality.com

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 02:34:10 PM »
  I think this post demonstrates that, contrary to the official politically correct dogma, homosexuals can be just as prejudiced, petty and judgemental as anyone else. And you would expect that they wouldn't pass judgement on others; that their sexual and moral predicament would make them better people... :( :-X

SUCKMYMUSCLE

alright dude, first off why was my post taken so seriously? I was kidding as far as the generaliztion about all Arnold fans.

But as far as dogma goes and our predicament go I don't see the relationship. I think gay men are more understaning and empathetic to others plights from experience but that doesn't mean that they will act any differently than anyone else. It would be facist thinking to believe that. Each person will act of free will. Gay men and women while in general more sensitive to others peoples feelings that doesn't mean they should be expected to act like saints all the time. I would say in general gay men are less violent but that doesn't mean their all good. But you make a good point, you would think if one were made fun of and hurt by it one would be less incline to make fun of someone else. But that doesn't go for just gays, that applies to everyone. As far as denying someone civil rights I would say gays do actually have a better record than straights although I have no proof.

On a side note...There is a straight professor at NYU that has written articles on New Queer theory wondering why homosexuals who have been treated as outcasts, scorned and persectued in society actually have excelled in school, jobs and money over the average and  have made enourmous contributions to society while making up a very small percent of the population( http://www.lambda.org/famous.htm) .  She poses the question of whether or not gays have some resilient quality or gene that makes them superior in some way. Now I don't subscribe to this theory. But it is interesting.

Ahl be back.

Slick Vic

« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 02:49:21 PM »
when was T3 filmed?? that wasn't THAT long ago and Arnold was in very good shape.

Oh, you're right - he was in good shape. Say what you will about his chest, abs.... Blah.... Blah.... Blah.... But those arms will always be awesome.  8)

Slick Vic

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 02:50:46 PM »
The best interview I've seen of Jay Leno and Arnold Schwarzenegger was when he was on there to promote End of Days. Great, funny, entertaining interview!