Author Topic: dumbest thing you ever did working out or in a gym  (Read 7034 times)

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
Re: dumbest thing you ever did working out or in a gym
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2006, 02:04:45 AM »
This guy in the gym, thinks he's hardcore, ILS, was doing quarter reps on squats, did 8 with 180kg, then walked around yelling and grunt, then put 5 plates a side on. Picked the weight up, no belt, does 1 quarter rep, goes for another and just crumbles under the weight and bends the bar.

Pissed off now, that was off the best bars.

Sometimes you wish people would get hurt just to realise that they arent training properly.. maybe not be hurt, but make a fool of themselves like the above.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2006, 06:35:07 AM »
When I was 18 I was doing side laterals with 110's and while coming down

hahahahaha, ok Mr. Intenseone.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

BigWhoop

• Getbig II
  • Like I care...hahahahha
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2006, 06:38:58 AM »
I read somewhere that if your gym doesnt have heavy dumbells for single arm rows that you can utilize the smith machine. So i put a 45 on each side and did a single arm row with that which was pretty moderate weight. But the smith was doing a shaking thing and made an aweful noise going up and down....i dont think i will try that again.
They call me Jaejonna!!!

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2006, 06:40:11 AM »
taking a gamble with a sneaky fart...

and losing on the flop  ;D

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2006, 07:01:30 AM »
i once went drunk to the gym

Back when I lived in Texas I knew a guy who ALWAYS  was drunk when he trained.  Had an upper body like Robby Robinson, too.  Was always goin' on  like "You know when you saw me in here yesterday?  Well after that, I started drinkin' and I didn't even quit until a half hour ago!  But you know I da best dey is at whatevah I do!  You know I strong!!"

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2006, 07:25:37 AM »
taking a gamble with a sneaky fart...

and losing on the flop  ;D

hahahahahahahahahahahaha  That's the worst!!!  Another one is when you go to a remote area (like the leg stuff ;D) and let one go.As you are letting it dissipate someone inevitably comes out of nowhere, and goes right for the machine you are next to.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 07:27:43 AM »
When I was 18 I was doing side laterals with 110's and while coming down, I smashed my dick between the weights and passed out, my training partner took my to the hospital where I spent about a day and a half.............I don't know what was worse, the ugly nurse or people laughing hysterically at me when I finally came back to the gym :'(!!

This explains a lot!!
just push some weight!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 07:29:30 AM »

hahahahahahahahahahahaha  That's the worst!!!  Another one is when you go to a remote area (like the leg stuff ;D) and let one go.As you are letting it dissipate someone inevitably comes out of nowhere, and goes right for the machine you are next to.

hahahahah yes!!! I've done that. I've also let a monster go while leg pressing one day. Was only guys in there at the time so I could care less.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 07:32:43 AM »
lol they never seem that loud when you squeeze one off and your headphones are on...

but you know it had some volume to it when people start turning around to look at you  ;D

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2006, 07:33:28 AM »
When I started out I always did full range squats. Well to little bellow parrallel anyways. One day I get this bright idea to do half squats and quarter squats. I worked up to 405 pounds barely for 4-5 reps. Then I add 10 pounds on each side, get into position, and BOOM I couldn't get back up. My excuse.. I was 17..
just push some weight!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2006, 07:34:23 AM »
After spotting someone on the bench , I grabbed the bar to slide under it onto the bench, and the whole thing tipped backwards and the weight landed on my chest.
Y

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2006, 07:46:25 AM »
I was doing leg extensions and like a dumb shit I put my hand on this part of the machine that moves and when I extended it got caught in between this other part and put a big vagina like gash in my hand.

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2006, 08:22:18 AM »
Probally when I was talking to a dude after doing squats.

I preceded to unrack the wheels while being distracted to the point of rage talking about the past weekend football game and with no clue for another mans well being nor giving a fuck about this certain dumbass I unracked one side causing the 3 wheels to drop within inches of his foot but he was not as lucky w/ the bar as it struck him in the forhead, then shattering the mirror behind him. Which is why I believe in karma cause that stupid longhorn bastard hasn't talked to me since.

I wish this new dude would strike up a convo w/ me during leg day....
Giving 110%

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2006, 09:33:33 AM »
I was doing leg extensions and like a dumb shit I put my hand on this part of the machine that moves and when I extended it got caught in between this other part and put a big vagina like gash in my hand.

Ouch!!

My girl did something similar. We decided to train together like 8 years ago. So on our second day I'm doing machine tricep extensions  while she is looking off into space, But the thing is she rests her hand on the cam on the machine between the belt and the cam. So I do a rep and she starts flopping around like she got hit by 220 as her finger gets squished by the belt. Well long story short that was the end of that partnership

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2006, 09:43:23 AM »
Hard to say...I have to say I've been pretty smart in the gym.

I did see a woman put her baby who was in a cradle right next to the incline bench I was on doing flyes back in 2001.  WTF.  ???

I've never seen a gym allow anyone under 18 in the weight area.  The fool manageing the place should of known better.  Just a bump could of been devastating to the kid, not to mention the law suits.  What was the dude thinking?  Doesn't the gym have daycare?  Probably a MILF and a kid at the front desk trying to make points.  I'd of fired his ass on the spot.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: October 12, 2006, 09:45:09 AM »
Ouch!!

My girl did something similar. We decided to train together like 8 years ago. So on our second day I'm doing machine tricep extensions  while she is looking off into space, But the thing is she rests her hand on the cam on the machine between the belt and the cam. So I do a rep and she starts flopping around like she got hit by 220 as her finger gets squished by the belt. Well long story short that was the end of that partnership

Hahaaaaaaaaa!!!  Oh well, a girl that dumb would've made a bad mom for any future kids.

Cool avatar, by the way  ;D

BigPopa

« Reply #41 on: October 12, 2006, 09:48:05 AM »
1) Caught the cock and balls on the down swing of side lat. raises as well.
2) Busted my head open getting hyped up for some heavy squats.  I was in college and full of gear.
3) Got my hand caught in the belt of a treadmill.  My necklace broke off and got caught in the belt so I went to get it while the machine was off and my moronic friend said "kick it on high and it will fly out" well he did and I didn't get my hand out in time.  
4) Saw someone get their hand crushed by a plate loaded machine, now someone else is opening the condiments for him.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2006, 09:48:54 AM »
When I was 18 I was doing side laterals with 110's and while coming down, I smashed my dick between the weights and passed out, my training partner took my to the hospital where I spent about a day and a half.............I don't know what was worse, the ugly nurse or people laughing hysterically at me when I finally came back to the gym :'(!!

If this is true it had to be with the worst form mankind has ever seen. That's insane weight for anyone nevermind an 18 year old.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2006, 09:51:14 AM »
I guess I have yet to do my dumbest thing...that's scary because it's a yet for me
X

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2006, 09:59:26 AM »
this might not be the stupidest but it was the worst thing I ever did.  Back when I was 18 or 19 I borrowed my buddies cybergenics video and watched it.  What they had you do was start off superheavy and do "drops" but not like a triple drop, you'd only drop the weight a little and keep on going so you ended up doing multiple drops, when you got to the point where you couldn't drop the weight on the machine anymore you did stuff like push ups till failure for your chest or jumping for you legs until you failed.  I decided to give it a go with my calves.  Started off on the standing calf machine with as much weight as I could handle and dropped it and dropped it etc, I don't remember how much weight I was using but when I got to 20lbs I jumped off went over to the wooden block and did BW calf extentions to failure when I failed at that I got off the block and just did them off the floor, I did 3 "sets" of these it took over an hour just for calfs.  I could barely walk when I left, I was sure I was gonna get huge doing this.  The next day I couldn't walk, it was like my calfs had a charlie horse all day long, when I did walk I had to go on my tip toes for awhile then I could finally put my feet flat for a little while but if I stopped walking even for a minute I was back at square one.  This went on for a week, my legs actually bruised from this, I never did that again.
nasser=piece of shit

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2006, 10:09:30 AM »
::)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2006, 10:09:37 AM »
this might not be the stupidest but it was the worst thing I ever did.  Back when I was 18 or 19 I borrowed my buddies cybergenics video and watched it.  What they had you do was start off superheavy and do "drops" but not like a triple drop, you'd only drop the weight a little and keep on going so you ended up doing multiple drops, when you got to the point where you couldn't drop the weight on the machine anymore you did stuff like push ups till failure for your chest or jumping for you legs until you failed.  I decided to give it a go with my calves.  Started off on the standing calf machine with as much weight as I could handle and dropped it and dropped it etc, I don't remember how much weight I was using but when I got to 20lbs I jumped off went over to the wooden block and did BW calf extentions to failure when I failed at that I got off the block and just did them off the floor, I did 3 "sets" of these it took over an hour just for calfs.  I could barely walk when I left, I was sure I was gonna get huge doing this.  The next day I couldn't walk, it was like my calfs had a charlie horse all day long, when I did walk I had to go on my tip toes for awhile then I could finally put my feet flat for a little while but if I stopped walking even for a minute I was back at square one.  This went on for a week, my legs actually bruised from this, I never did that again.

Actually you just trained calves hard for the first (and last LOL) time in your life.   I train calves hard every week and go through 4 solid days of pain......days 2 and 3 are the worst and I gotta tip-toe a bit until they get warmed up after being seated for awhile during days 2 and 3......comes with the territory.   Most people that "train their calves" have never experienced a true calf workout and the pain the follows because most folks treat calf equipment like glorified pogosticks.   Now, I don't suggest the "Cybergenics calf workout", but that soreness is pretty normal....the bruising....only if you tore the muscle and you'd know if you tore a muscle.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2006, 10:15:54 AM »
Actually you just trained calves hard for the first (and last LOL) time in your life.   I train calves hard every week and go through 4 solid days of pain......days 2 and 3 are the worst and I gotta tip-toe a bit until they get warmed up after being seated for awhile during days 2 and 3......comes with the territory.   Most people that "train their calves" have never experienced a true calf workout and the pain the follows because most folks treat calf equipment like glorified pogosticks.   Now, I don't suggest the "Cybergenics calf workout", but that soreness is pretty normal....the bruising....only if you tore the muscle and you'd know if you tore a muscle.

I don't know, my calfs get plenty sore, this was at another level, we're talking not able to walk for a few days, they did bruise, maybe i tore a muscle, I don't know it was like 16 years ago or so.  I've made good gains on calfs over the past couple of years, I've never treated machines like "pogo sticks" but see it happen all the time.
maybe it was the first time they got really hammered, I don't really remember what I did for my calfs back then but I've never, ever been that sore in my life, I was soaking in hot tubs, icing them, flex-all 454...you name it, they were trashed.  I've done legs where I could barely make it up the stairs the next day but it wasn't even close to this....who knows maybe there was a small tear...
nasser=piece of shit

BigPopa

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2006, 11:36:56 AM »
I was telling my wife about this thread and told her that it was kinda funny that I wasn't the only idiot doing dumb shit and leave it to her to add to my embarrassment.  She reminded that I forgot to mention the time I was in the well doing squats and shit my pants.  All I remember is that I didn't want to stand back up and squish my ass cheeks together but there was no other way.  I walked over to her and said it is time to go, needless to say she smelled what happened and agreed.  She drove me home with my ass in the air so I wouldn't get anything on the seats that I missed from my half-ass clean up.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2006, 11:43:16 AM »
I was telling my wife about this thread and told her that it was kinda funny that I wasn't the only idiot doing dumb shit and leave it to her to add to my embarrassment.  She reminded that I forgot to mention the time I was in the well doing squats and shit my pants.  All I remember is that I didn't want to stand back up and squish my ass cheeks together but there was no other way.  I walked over to her and said it is time to go, needless to say she smelled what happened and agreed.  She drove me home with my ass in the air so I wouldn't get anything on the seats that I missed from my half-ass clean up.
Sounds like a normal day and incident for people in INDIANA. Poor attempt of trying to be funny with a made up fabricated story. 
?