Author Topic: dumbest thing you ever did working out or in a gym  (Read 7035 times)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
Re: dumbest thing you ever did working out or in a gym
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2006, 11:51:12 AM »
in 2004 i was doing squats. i was doing 4 plates. I had/have no traps so to keep the bar up i kind of rested it on my lower neck. so about the 5th rep i hear and feel a snap. im like "damn my back hurts a bit but im gonna finish the work out i just got here" So im trying to find something to do because i aint doin legs any more so i just just start curling to get a quick pump and its off to the house. I do 5 sets of curls but the pain got worse and worse. So it got unbareable and i went to the ER. Turns out i broke my first thorasic vertibrae and had went on to do 5 sets of curls after that brake... The doc said he had never seen a brake like that.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 12, 2006, 12:00:49 PM »

The dumbest thing I ever did working out is not having my NOXplode before hand and my Nitrotech and Celltech afterwards.

I realized that all my time in the gym was wasted and I did absolutley nothing for my body. Without my serving of CellTech and my serving of Nitrotech...all went in vain. I will never make that mistake again.

Beyond that...I pawned off 200 vitamin b-6 tabs to this TOOL who wouldn't stop bugging me about getting him some dbol and he gave me a wad of SINGLES. Being too lazy to count he assured me that $200 was there. Turns out it was only $184. Bastard owed me $16! I made $179 profit because vitamin b-6 is cheap at GNC with the whole buy one get the other 50% off but that's beside the point. That was stupid of me not to count the money...I still cringe at the thought of it.
?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2006, 12:29:39 PM »
The dumbest thing I ever did working out is not having my NOXplode before hand and my Nitrotech and Celltech afterwards.

I realized that all my time in the gym was wasted and I did absolutley nothing for my body. Without my serving of CellTech and my serving of Nitrotech...all went in vain. I will never make that mistake again.

Beyond that...I pawned off 200 vitamin b-6 tabs to this TOOL who wouldn't stop bugging me about getting him some dbol and he gave me a wad of SINGLES. Being too lazy to count he assured me that $200 was there. Turns out it was only $184. Bastard owed me $16! I made $179 profit because vitamin b-6 is cheap at GNC with the whole buy one get the other 50% off but that's beside the point. That was stupid of me not to count the money...I still cringe at the thought of it.

YOU MISSED YOUR 20 MINUTE POST WORKOUT ANABOLIC WINDOW !!!!!!!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #53 on: October 12, 2006, 12:32:05 PM »

I knew a dude that sold roids in HS and he claimed to be selling this tool of a guy wesson oil instead of real roids, I never knew if he was kidding or serious......
nasser=piece of shit

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2006, 12:51:30 PM »

Probably serious that he was selling fakes. Highschool kids do NOT use steroids. They don't even know what steroids are besides "stuff that make you big" or how to get them. Chemisty students in highschool may know what they are but they dont know how to acquire them.

I spoke to highschool jocks at my old alma matter about the subject because some of them come to my gym to bench press and....that's it. Just to bench press. I even asked a couple 'rumores' by others to be using steroids and know what they told me? Here's the conversation...

" ay, man...so whats this I hear...you running a cycle? How old are you 17? You have no buisness..."
" awwww...it's just for football then I'm gonna get off...how did you hear who told you?"
 " bitch pleeease...nobody in this gym uses gear without me knowing...who did you get it from...what are you using? Look...I don't care I'm just curious...I don't talk wassup be straight with me...what are you using I'll give you the best advice with it..."

"...here let me show you....(looks around to see if the coast is clear...reaches in his gym bag and pulls out a jug of NoXplode)...yea, I got it at GNC...the guy there said its the same as steroids so I just use it before i workout and before practice but I'm gonna get off when the seasonis over cuz the shit is making me like LATTIMER from that movie...you ever see 'The Program'? "

"...damn man you better be careful with that shit...yea, I know that movie...steroids made LATTIMER psycho"

"..I know...this shit is making me all crazy to...it's messin with my dick to so I gotta get off but coach wants me to start this year so I gotta do what i gotta do you know?"

"...yup. Handle it man...you're an aminal. Just don't let your mom see that shit or don't go tellin your friends...matter fact...drink that shit at home cuz if the cops came in here and seen that we'd all be fkn pinched'

"...yea I know...cool...I'll be alright...thanks, BlockHead..cool.."

Highschool kids use steroids my hairy scar tissued ass!!!!!
?

Dredlock Rasta

• Getbig III
  • Can't trust shadows after dark
« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2006, 12:58:04 PM »

I knew a dude that sold roids in HS and he claimed to be selling this tool of a guy wesson oil instead of real roids, I never knew if he was kidding or serious......

Yes they do.
Don't let em fool ya

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2006, 01:37:52 PM »
hahahahah yes!!! I've done that. I've also let a monster go while leg pressing one day. Was only guys in there at the time so I could care less.

Ahhhh the good ol leg press blast, I did that once but it came out with such force no one seemed notice, it sounded more like a bang or something. Other then that I smashed my index finger 1-2 weeks ago while placing a 20lb dumbell on the rack and yelled ouch!!! It got everyones attention and they were all like dude are you ok are you hurt and I reply I'm cool I am just a dumbass.
I

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #57 on: October 12, 2006, 01:45:31 PM »
Ouch!!

My girl did something similar. We decided to train together like 8 years ago. So on our second day I'm doing machine tricep extensions  while she is looking off into space, But the thing is she rests her hand on the cam on the machine between the belt and the cam. So I do a rep and she starts flopping around like she got hit by 220 as her finger gets squished by the belt. Well long story short that was the end of that partnership

Damn I bet it hurt lie hell .  For a min. I thought my hand was broken, witched pissed me off cause the next day was back day.  I tryed doing back the next day like a dumb ass and it hurt like hell.  Ever try to squeeze a barbell when hand has swollen to the size of Texas.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #58 on: October 12, 2006, 02:52:48 PM »
This explains a lot!!

It was like I was doing the laterals with you on one side and sarcasm on the other!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #59 on: October 12, 2006, 04:42:00 PM »
It was like I was doing the laterals with you on one side and sarcasm on the other!

Do you always workout thinking of me and sarcasm?
just push some weight!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2006, 06:16:46 PM »
I went to a gym one time.....

that was about the dumbest thing I ever did.

;D

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2006, 06:23:28 PM »
I went to a gym one time.....

that was about the dumbest thing I ever did.

;D

You left your fly open and some wiskers peaked out?
just push some weight!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2006, 06:28:50 PM »
Do you always workout thinking of me and sarcasm?

No, you were the 110lb Dumbells I was doing the raises with :P!!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2006, 06:29:55 PM »
No, you were the 110lb Dumbells I was doing the raises with :P!!

:-\ ::) :-\
just push some weight!

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2006, 06:36:10 PM »

dumbest thing you ever did working out or in a gym

I started hitting on this "girl" named Sasha. 

I should have been tipped off when she spoke and had a voice deeper than mine!
Ron: "I am lazy."

TooPowerful4u

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2006, 06:43:30 PM »
Ok how many dumbasses pulled the pin out of the triceps pushdown without holding hte bar and it crashes down on your head? I KNOW I HAVE!

There was a rack with loaded barbells but it was old fashioned... u had to stand them up and lean them in their place in order.... wellll.... my 2nd day in the gym EVER it was packed and i let one fall into the other.... n they ALL fell one by one like a domino effect making a huge crashing loud sound one by one and everyone staring at me.  I almost never went back haha

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2006, 06:54:12 PM »
You left your fly open and some wiskers peaked out?

Actually...they wouldn't allow me to bring my cat in to work out.....

So I snuck my cat in a bag & let her claw up & shred one of the bench covers....

& we hauled out of there faster than shit.

;D

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2006, 12:22:00 AM »
Ok how many dumbasses pulled the pin out of the triceps pushdown without holding hte bar and it crashes down on your head? I KNOW I HAVE!

Yeah hate to admit but I've done that.

The worst for me was last week, I was doing lunges and the heel on one of my high heel pumps broke. I slipped and put a nasty run in my fishnet stockings. I was really quite embarrassed by the whole incident.
and keep moving!

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2006, 02:22:33 AM »
Yeah hate to admit but I've done that.

The worst for me was last week, I was doing lunges and the heel on one of my high heel pumps broke. I slipped and put a nasty run in my fishnet stockings. I was really quite embarrassed by the whole incident.

Was that a parable, or a very subtle joke....
P

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2006, 02:40:16 AM »

me and a buddy were shit faced drunk at his house and decided to bench press...ice cold no warm up we put on like 225 or something like that. ..drunk. I know that isn't a lot of weight so laugh all you want,but at the time both of our 1 rep max on bench was about 300 lbs,so to just start off at that weight ice cold was just asking for an injury...ESPECIALLY  since we were both hammered. lol

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2006, 03:14:59 AM »

hahahahahahahahahahahaha  That's the worst!!!  Another one is when you go to a remote area (like the leg stuff ;D) and let one go.As you are letting it dissipate someone inevitably comes out of nowhere, and goes right for the machine you are next to.

hahahahaha I have been there, Groink!! And what really sucks is when it is a hot chic that walks up.hahaha

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2006, 05:28:25 AM »
Dunbest thing I ever did was when I was gearing up to do a set of seated dumbell presses for the delts and I didn't ask for a spotter to help me get one of the dumbells up. Instead I hoisted the dumbells onto my shoulders and proceeded to sit down on my balls.

I tell you,

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2006, 05:55:13 AM »
Dunbest thing I ever did was when I was gearing up to do a set of seated dumbell presses for the delts and I didn't ask for a spotter to help me get one of the dumbells up. Instead I hoisted the dumbells onto my shoulders and proceeded to sit down on my balls.

I tell you,

I have come very very close to doing that many times, it's a scary situation ;D When I lifted at home on my weider bench once I was doing weighted crunches and my shorts were covering the part when the leg curl/extension piece goes. Well I ended up setting the weight down directly onto my head and was black and blue for a week :-[ ;D
I

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2006, 06:02:31 AM »
Howard,

You gotta respect your wife a little bit more, even though I am sure you do a lot. Would she be happy if she read that?  I would not even think about another girl other than my Jezebelle or even bother to look at anyone else.

Weirdo.  8)

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2006, 09:12:23 AM »
Was that a parable, or a very subtle joke....

Subtle joke. No moral attitudes intended.
and keep moving!