Author Topic: Retarded squatters  (Read 3371 times)

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
Retarded squatters
« on: October 12, 2006, 03:28:10 PM »
Went to the gym to train legs, got to an open squat rack and noticed the rack next to me with a bar loaded with 5 plates a side. I'm thinking thats pretty decent, considering I hardly see anyone squating these days. Then I notice it's the local gym egomaniacs bar, I'm thinking I should just cop out and leg press so i dont have to deal with this guy. I see him talking to his girl while sneering at me while I warm up. I do full squats ass to calves, I worked my way up to 315 and got about 12 reps and rack. I see him shaking his head, he wraps his knees belts up, adds another plate to the bar, has his girl come up behind him to spot, he unracks and litterally goes down about 3 inches or so about 5 times screaming, then racks and grunts, while his girl claps and says "you show em". He then comes over and says something like " People like you make me sick, I seen you here for the last year and now your twice as big as me, and you dont even train half as hard". We get into sort of an argument that I train just as hard as he does, but I eat right, I'm a short fuck, and I only look bigger cuz im getting closer to my contest weight. Finnally I finally tell him that the reason his legs arent growing is because he needs to do a full squat, or at least to paralell. Finally I show him the full squat form, he tries it with an empty bar, and asks if he can partial six plates, how much can he full squat. I told him stick with one plate for now, and he got mad for some reason. So my work out is fucked I went to get my bag and leave and come back tommarow when i see him getting under 405. I and a couple of guys watch. He unracks it with his girl spotting him. Shes screaming at him, he goes down slowly 1inch, 2 inch, 3 inches, 4 inches, then all of a sudden he spazes and collapes downward, His girl screams and yanks at the bar, He falls backwards and somehow the bar flies back and smashes the girl against the shoulder press machine, and all hell breaks loose, trainers are freaking out, running all over the place. The fucked up thing is 80% of the gym was smurking or laughing.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Retarded squatters
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 03:34:06 PM »
 :o the girl alright!?? geeze what an idiot.
bodybuildersreality.com

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 03:34:40 PM »
hahahahahaha, what a monster.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

unskinny

• Getbig II
  • Getbigtoo!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 03:36:44 PM »
I see that shit all the time, even on the leg press!  Don't guys stop and ask themselves, "Why do my legs still look like twigs even with all this weight on my back?"  Hell, for that matter, I see dudes all the time who never seem to put on ANY muscle.  If you suck at something, you should find something else to try.  If you practiced tennis for a year and still hadn't noticably improved, why would you keep playing??  

And seriously, unless your girl looks like Ruhl's girl, a chick has no business spotting you.  
MikeMatarazzo.com

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 03:37:43 PM »

And seriously, unless your girl looks like Ruhl's girl, a chick has no business spotting you.  
I totally agree.
bodybuildersreality.com

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 03:38:50 PM »
Alexxx has a girlfriend?

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 03:39:46 PM »
:o the girl alright!?? geeze what an idiot.
Ya she seemed alright, the bar kinda smashed/ rolled off of her, leaveing her in the shoulder machine some how. The guy kinda played it off, and seemed more embarrased that she couldnt spot him or some sht.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 03:40:34 PM »
I see that shit all the time, even on the leg press!  Don't guys stop and ask themselves, "Why do my legs still look like twigs even with all this weight on my back?"  Hell, for that matter, I see dudes all the time who never seem to put on ANY muscle.  If you suck at something, you should find something else to try.  If you practiced tennis for a year and still hadn't noticably improved, why would you keep playing??  

the point is that he's only doing eigth reps, it's not a big deal putting a lot of weight on your back if you sqyat to parallel or below.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 03:40:44 PM »
bodybuildersreality.com

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2006, 03:40:47 PM »
Alexxx has a girlfriend?

Lmao!!!   Didnt you read the story, he got pinned on the shoulder press trying to spot his boyfriend.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2006, 03:41:03 PM »
EPIC STORYTELLING!  Ha ha ha.

Dnizneer

• Getbig III
  • Meat
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2006, 03:45:04 PM »
the point is that he's only doing eigth reps, it's not a big deal putting a lot of weight on your back if you sqyat to parallel or below.

That true, I think if he was training properly he'd be a 100 times better than he is.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2006, 03:51:03 PM »
I have video of a Bear in my gym doing 6 plates a side for 1 inch.  I may post it a bit later. hahahah

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 04:10:45 PM »
That true, I think if he was training properly he'd be a 100 times better than he is.
exactly, it's almost impossible to squat 5 or 6 plates to parallel or below and not have big legs.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

dzulboy

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Big hard and turbo charged
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 04:18:18 PM »
thats funny shit

body88

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2006, 04:25:09 PM »
exactly, it's almost impossible to squat 5 or 6 plates to parallel or below and not have big legs.

Thats what makes some of those smaller freaks impressive. I was using an analogy the other day that is similar to your line of thinking (you need size for strength) I was explaining upping your weight by 10lbs a week(on your squat ,dead and bench to a younger guy at my gym. Telling him your muscle needs to get bigger to move bigger weight. I used the analogy of a crane moving something at a construction yard. If the item weighs more than the crane the crane cannot lift it. To move bigger weight you need a bigger crane.
Makes me wonder how some of these 160 lb guys bench 400 lbs ??? Freaks.

But I am a believer that bigger weight = bigger size. I always up my weights with the best form possible to make gains. I do not grow of that pumping shit.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2006, 04:55:27 PM »
Thanks for posting that Dniz.  I have seen enough of insecure guys pumping up their ego with their delusional lifts.  If you want to see what a real squat is look at olympic lifters.  Ironager Dave Draper and Tom Platz had outstanding form.  I hear it all the time in the gyms.  I use 450lbs for my sets.  When I see the guy do his squats they are so shallow that a soccer mom could do the same.

Here are some other delusional lifts I see in the gym.

1. Guys chinning with a jerking short range of motion.  They never go all the way down or up.  Some of these guys couldn't do 10 chins legit.  In their mind they are capable of doing 25 reps for four sets.  Maybe with their cheating form in bizzaro land.

2. Pulldowns for lats.  I see guys load up say 300 plus for the most insane bad form I ever seen.  They hang their body weight on the bar and with a big jerk with their thighs braced under the pads they lean back to almost parallel.  If they ever stayed somewhat upright with smooth reps they couldn't handle 200lbs.

3.  Any kind of dumbbell press whether flat, incline or shoulder.  You know the guy.  He takes the biggest dumbbell and proceeds to do half reps.  The bells never even come close to his chest. At the end this hero throws the weight like every one should be impressed clown display. 

4.  The biggest offender of all is the leg press.  Pat Roberts that 75 year old tv minister claims a 2000lbs leg press.  The trick here is to keep the back board as upright as possible.  The more upright it is the sooner the knees will hit your chest.  Most don't even bother to bring the legs back that far.  Usually these clowns bang the weights on the final rep to draw attention to their impressive feat. 

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2006, 05:01:41 PM »
some of the gymstories i read in here are rediculous. Im sure most are made up, like this one...im sure its true up to the part where he started talking shit to you, i can see all of th rest happening....

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2006, 05:05:34 PM »
I also love it when guys do incline press with back so far off the bench that it could be considered a flat bench
Here comes the money shot

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2006, 05:08:10 PM »
Alexxx has a girlfriend?

No not yet but Alexxx has wheels!! That was probably arvilla, we should ask if Cheri is ok!
just push some weight!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 05:14:25 PM »
I also love it when guys do incline press with back so far off the bench that it could be considered a flat bench
can't stand watching that! drives me nuts! just as bad as calf raises and just bouncing your knees.
bodybuildersreality.com

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2006, 06:47:40 PM »

Good point. Even more telling, there are precious few guys at my place that I even trust to do it properly.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2006, 07:40:04 PM »
LEGENDARY if true
A

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 12:01:36 AM »
some of the gymstories i read in here are rediculous. Im sure most are made up, like this one...im sure its true up to the part where he started talking shit to you, i can see all of th rest happening....

you are absolutely right..i always come in here and read these made up gym stories..funny i have been going to a gym for the last 6 or 7 months and i never came across such incidents at my gym..your full of shit DNISER OR WHAT EVER YOUR NAME IS....
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 12:13:41 AM »
Im proud to be natural and able to front squat full range just under 4 plates when theres juices that cant squat shit.. but try. It assures me I know how to train and eat correctly.