Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

What kind of tactics are fair in war?

(1/11) > >>

Hugo Chavez:
Is it ok to call for a cease fire and wait until people come out of their homes to shop then gun them all down? Women and Children too...

Is it fair to tell people to come out of their home, they have to leave then when they come out unarmed to leave the town, gun them down?

Is it fair to shoot an ambulance and when the driver stops, the Ambulance searched and nothing found, shoot the ambulance driver anyway... The only man that was trying to take the wounded to the hospital?

Does anything go in War?  If anything goes in war, how do you feel about suicide bombers and IEDs... where is the thin red line in all this ???

I ask these questions after watching a documentary today "a letter to the prime minister" This documentary is on FSTV again later today.  It was pretty well done.  You'll see images from the only media source that stayed in Falluja.

Dos Equis:
Depends on which side you're on.  We have rules of engagement (e.g., you don't kill noncombatants who pose no threat).  Terrorists do not. 

OzmO:
All that's good in theory.  But when the shooting starts everything changes

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: OzmO on December 14, 2006, 12:32:26 PM ---All that's good in theory.  But when the shooting starts everything changes

--- End quote ---

Not everything.  I'm sure some solidiers bend the rules, and there are gray areas, but JAG is all over commanders re the rules of engagement. 

OzmO:

--- Quote from: Beach Bum on December 14, 2006, 12:43:22 PM ---Not everything.  I'm sure some soldiers bend the rules, and there are gray areas, but JAG is all over commanders re the rules of engagement. 

--- End quote ---

My point stems from what happened in WW2.  Civilian targets.  Germany started hitting civilian targets and then soon after we all did.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version