Author Topic: Is this naive thinking?  (Read 1619 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Is this naive thinking?
« on: December 14, 2006, 02:26:42 PM »
That the members of congress and the senate can put partisan politics aside and actually work together to get something contructive done?
The House that Ruth built

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Is this naive thinking?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 03:13:22 PM »
Not naive.  It's a matter of timing.  They need to demonize each other with an important election upcoming, so I doubt they work together much . . . unless we have another attack or disaster.  Those are about the only times they work together. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2006, 03:29:31 PM »
the only working together that has been allowed is for a dem to vote with republicans.  Republicans for the most part will not give any credence to anything a dem has to say.  It's my way or the highway for republicans.  An era ushered in by Newt and enforced by Rove and funded by radicals like Abermoff/Delay/Reed.  It doesn't even matter if it's a good idea, they will sabotage it and reconstruct it as republican before letting a dem come up with something good.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 05:19:22 AM »
the only working together that has been allowed is for a dem to vote with republicans.  Republicans for the most part will not give any credence to anything a dem has to say.  It's my way or the highway for republicans.  An era ushered in by Newt and enforced by Rove and funded by radicals like Abermoff/Delay/Reed.  It doesn't even matter if it's a good idea, they will sabotage it and reconstruct it as republican before letting a dem come up with something good.

Thats stupid thinking by them if its true.
The House that Ruth built