Author Topic: Do you use supplements?  (Read 9925 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
Re: Do you use supplements?
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2007, 08:42:01 AM »
With all due respect, you sound like a man in a straitjacket trying to convince the world that he is, in fact, the only one who is sane.

Dude didn't you make a thread before that you've tried the brutal "adonis principles?" which gave you monster gains and now you guys ripping on eachother   ::)
#

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2007, 10:48:10 AM »
Although I agree many supplements are garbage, I do find some to be worth it to me personally. This is my list….

Protein powder (post workout and supplement with some meals)
BCAA's  (Throughout the day with meals, post workout)
Glutamine (post workout)
Uni-Liver tabs (throughout the day but don’t use them if cutting)
Animal Pack (once a day in the morning with my first meal)
Vitamin C (Throughout the day, 4 to 6k mg a day)
bsn no-xplode (pre workout)
bsn cell-mass  (pre workout)
flax seed oil / fish oil (once a day)
ECA stack (when cutting, also used as a pre-workout supplement to energy. I cycle on and off this)
Tribulus (taken throughout the day when clean)
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Buttsuck

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2007, 10:59:19 AM »
Although I agree many supplements are garbage, I do find some to be worth it to me personally. This is my list….

Protein powder (post workout and supplement with some meals)
BCAA's  (Throughout the day with meals, post workout)
Glutamine (post workout)
Uni-Liver tabs (throughout the day but don’t use them if cutting)
Animal Pack (once a day in the morning with my first meal)
Vitamin C (Throughout the day, 4 to 6k mg a day)
bsn no-xplode (pre workout)
bsn cell-mass  (pre workout)
flax seed oil / fish oil (once a day)
ECA stack (when cutting, also used as a pre-workout supplement to energy. I cycle on and off this)
Tribulus (taken throughout the day when clean)

Looks like you buy up everything on the market. All looks like junk to me.

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2007, 11:04:03 AM »
Looks like you buy up everything on the market. All looks like junk to me.

Then don't buy any. I could give a rat's ass what you or anyone else thinks.

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2007, 11:14:40 AM »
I received free samples of NO Explode and Sizeon - after I read all the warnings on the labels I threw them in the rubbish where they belong... ;)
K

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2007, 12:33:45 PM »
I may be late here, but I'll give my input. 

Supplements are greatly misunderstood....
You have to differentiate between "marketable gimmicks" and other supplements.

BCAA's are a supplement....do BCAA's have any benefit in bodybuilding?  YES, many studies have shown this to be true. 
Does L-leucine have benefit as a supplement, yes....many studies have shown the benefit of this as well.

Does creatine work?  Of course, study after study has shown this.

You have to be careful of the overpriced "gimmick" products.  Unfortunately, these supplements are going to be the largest profit margin for the company....the "kitchen sink" supplements are great.  You can throw a million cheap ingredients in a product, base it around one basic effective supplement (eg: creatine), and up the price 20 fold. 

I find that most of the companies that base their product line around protein powder and basic, time proven supplements are the best companies to focus on. 

There are a few companies that still do this.  Perhaps at their own expense, because they can lose out on the 16 year old high schooler gimmick product market.....
Optimum Nutrition still bases their supplement line around protein powders, and on improving on the supplements that have shown benefit.  (eg: you can get just about any form of protein there, BCAA's, all forms of creatine, etc., etc.)

www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2007, 12:51:44 PM »
how important is the aspirin in ECA?

What function does it serve?

thanks!

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2007, 01:03:56 PM »
to the couple aspririn remarks along this thread,,dont know how to quote them all together,,

when i talk about anything on this board,,i always take to consideration the use of hormones is part of it,,
the use of hormones i the long run thickens our blood,,if you go to the hospital after couple of year of hormone use and they will try to take out your blood you will see that it is thicker and if they dont check it fast in lab they will have to stick you with the needle again and again because if they dont do it fast,,the blood will thicken on them too much for the machine to analize it,,

aspirin should be a part of eca because it thin the blood thus making everything else flowing through more effecivly,,it is not something that will make or break a natural,,but for the hormonied bodybuilder it should be part of the effedrine caffeine stack,,it will work very well together,,,and soon there after  abs show up and all that other good stuff you see when you are peeled off lots of fat and water,,

just make sure you got the muscle under so you dont get dissapointed,,dont have  to be 250lb of muscle machine,,that take a lot more time and experience,,210-220lb 13-15% 5'10 5'9 is a good nice  time to add in the effedrine caffeiene and aspirin so you can finally say and look 200lb 7%

hormones is a part of the above as i always mention!

fallen angel

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2007, 01:16:41 PM »
 :D

dont know,,i was too shy to check on it those years,,didnt have time either because didnt party much those years,,girls came on to me a lot when i was 200lb single digit bodyfat% 6-9,,

it started turn women off when i was 240-250,,people around me didnt like it or considered it my job with out talking about it much with me because they knew i would get pissed,so they learned to accept it,,

i didnt tell them what to do with their lives,,they didnt tell me what to do with mine,,kept it nice and good as long as we accepted eachother and enjoyed time together,,both females and me and family and me,,well family had to accept me they are family after all ;)

i also never went around naked with wife beaters and no shirts to attract girls,,if you got the muscle you got the muscle,,women can see it through 5 shirts and 5 pair of pants,,they have infra red eyes :D
fallen angel

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2007, 01:20:21 PM »
...if you got the muscle you got the muscle,,women can see it through 5 shirts and 5 pair of pants,,they have infra red eyes :D

LOL its true...Ronnie its Ronnie even with tons of clothes on top of him!
!

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2007, 01:22:52 PM »
I may be late here, but I'll give my input. 

Supplements are greatly misunderstood....
You have to differentiate between "marketable gimmicks" and other supplements.

BCAA's are a supplement....do BCAA's have any benefit in bodybuilding?  YES, many studies have shown this to be true. 
Does L-leucine have benefit as a supplement, yes....many studies have shown the benefit of this as well.

Does creatine work?  Of course, study after study has shown this.

You have to be careful of the overpriced "gimmick" products.  Unfortunately, these supplements are going to be the largest profit margin for the company....the "kitchen sink" supplements are great.  You can throw a million cheap ingredients in a product, base it around one basic effective supplement (eg: creatine), and up the price 20 fold. 

I find that most of the companies that base their product line around protein powder and basic, time proven supplements are the best companies to focus on. 

There are a few companies that still do this.  Perhaps at their own expense, because they can lose out on the 16 year old high schooler gimmick product market.....
Optimum Nutrition still bases their supplement line around protein powders, and on improving on the supplements that have shown benefit.  (eg: you can get just about any form of protein there, BCAA's, all forms of creatine, etc., etc.)

Trop, i agree with the creatine, bcaa, but what glutamine, people are starting to say that it does jack, whats your opinion?

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2007, 01:23:35 PM »
to the couple aspririn remarks along this thread,,dont know how to quote them all together,,

when i talk about anything on this board,,i always take to consideration the use of hormones is part of it,,
the use of hormones i the long run thickens our blood,,if you go to the hospital after couple of year of hormone use and they will try to take out your blood you will see that it is thicker and if they dont check it fast in lab they will have to stick you with the needle again and again because if they dont do it fast,,the blood will thicken on them too much for the machine to analize it,,

aspirin should be a part of eca because it thin the blood thus making everything else flowing through more effecivly,,it is not something that will make or break a natural,,but for the hormonied bodybuilder it should be part of the effedrine caffeine stack,,it will work very well together,,,and soon there after  abs show up and all that other good stuff you see when you are peeled off lots of fat and water,,

just make sure you got the muscle under so you dont get dissapointed,,dont have  to be 250lb of muscle machine,,that take a lot more time and experience,,210-220lb 13-15% 5'10 5'9 is a good nice  time to add in the effedrine caffeiene and aspirin so you can finally say and look 200lb 7%

hormones is a part of the above as i always mention!

Thanks for this reply.  So as a natural, if I try this "fat burning" stack then i'm just going to do the E and C (and drop the A.)  Don't want to be poppin a daily aspirin if it ain't necessary.  

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2007, 01:38:12 PM »
how important is the aspirin in ECA?

What function does it serve?

thanks!

I don't think it 'really' serves much benefit. 
But acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), like other acids can inhibit prostaglandin release, which can potentially prevent the inhibition of norepinephrine release (brought on by the ephedrine).

It also can serve benefit in blood thinning, with the blood pressure elevated effect of ephedrine and caffeine. 

I don't know if the first reason is the actual reason it was originally added, but it could be.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2007, 01:42:49 PM »
Trop, i agree with the creatine, bcaa, but what glutamine, people are starting to say that it does jack, whats your opinion?

Glutamine is tricky...
I love when people say glutamine is useless orally, as if it isn't absorbed.  It would be lovely if a particular amino acid, or any food product could just "not be absorbed."  Would certainly make dieting easier if you could eat something all day, and you ingested no net calories from it...

Glutamine has been shown to have some cool benefits....like increased fatty acid oxidation after taking in elevated levels of glutamine orally.  Whether or not that is enough of an increase to cause any noticable effect could be questioned though. 

For me.....I don't typically use glutamine in the offseason, but I DO notice that I get sick less when I'm using it.  Seems as though EVERY contest prep, I run out of glutamine, and because I assume it isn't doing anything, I don't get more...and I seem to always get sick soon after.   Whether that is a coincidence, and the likelyhood of getting sick deep in a prep would outweigh any usefulness of that information, could be debated.  But, it is something I notice.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2007, 02:24:16 PM »
Glutamine is tricky...
I love when people say glutamine is useless orally, as if it isn't absorbed.  It would be lovely if a particular amino acid, or any food product could just "not be absorbed."  Would certainly make dieting easier if you could eat something all day, and you ingested no net calories from it...

Glutamine has been shown to have some cool benefits....like increased fatty acid oxidation after taking in elevated levels of glutamine orally.  Whether or not that is enough of an increase to cause any noticable effect could be questioned though. 

For me.....I don't typically use glutamine in the offseason, but I DO notice that I get sick less when I'm using it.  Seems as though EVERY contest prep, I run out of glutamine, and because I assume it isn't doing anything, I don't get more...and I seem to always get sick soon after.   Whether that is a coincidence, and the likelyhood of getting sick deep in a prep would outweigh any usefulness of that information, could be debated.  But, it is something I notice.
Thanks Trop...........By the way, finally received your DVD today, looks real good.  I just skimmed through righ now, tonight, I'm going to watch it with a nice cup of Starbucks.  Good luck with it, wish u all the best. 

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2007, 02:28:13 PM »
Thanks Trop...........By the way, finally received your DVD today, looks real good.  I just skimmed through righ now, tonight, I'm going to watch it with a nice cup of Starbucks.  Good luck with it, wish u all the best. 

Thanks.
I appreciate it.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2007, 02:39:55 PM »
only supplement over the counter that works is called EPHEDRINE,, it is used for many many years with caffeine aspririn to reduce bodyfat% and water too! and prep you for a show wether you are natural or hormonized,,any bodybuilder to ever steped on any stage anywhere anytime used/use those products some way or another in some kind or form,,some added narcotics but that was when no one knew shit about shit back in pre historic days of bodybuilding,,or when the bodybuilder is extreme such as a number that come to my mind during these days in the years of 2000

in the usa it is easily found over the counter and it is called bronkaid,,since ephedra is band substance in usa,,but as you know in usa you can always bend the system and say you got astma and get the ephedrine this way in your local walmart or amazon.com on the internet,,,you add it to caffeine and aspirin and you will get down to 6% bf in no time,,

this is the only "supplement" that works,,all the rest are garbage

the way to maintain 200lb+ while reducing your bodyfat% to 5-6% is by using the right aas while on the ephedrine caffeine and aspirin,,

sooner you learn it better you will be,,

protien powders are ok for added protien intake/day but thats about it when it comes to supp

gh, your knowledge is out dated..you need to spend some time on the supplement board or talk to Princess L (she know more than you)
the aspirin is totally optional..some would even argue that it does more damage than good

Gh didn't mention that after 2 weeks you need to switch off from ECA and switch to clen
Here comes the money shot

troponin

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2007, 02:59:54 PM »
I'll post the rest of these later but the DVD was damn good.  Plus a one hour bonus disc on nutrition!

Thanks Matt!
Excited to see the review.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2007, 03:09:12 PM »

the aspirin is totally optional..some would even argue that it does more damage than good

True that was on MSNBC actually yesterday.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2007, 04:11:42 PM »
gh, your knowledge is out dated..you need to spend some time on the supplement board or talk to Princess L (she know more than you)

Gh didn't mention that after 2 weeks you need to switch off from ECA and switch to clen

huh? princess lea? who is princess lea? i talk here about what works and what dont,,i dont sell you bulshit and got nothing to gain from protien sites or supp sites or any other $ sites,,never do i give any hormone sites either if you take notice,

my knowledge is very updated  because i have my face and/or body on couple of those supp you talk about,,they do pay well and that is also part of the reason i am ANNONYMOUS ON THIS BOARD,,

i didnt say aspirin is a must for any bodybuilder,,,read again carefully and you will see i said FOR THE HORMONIZED BODYBUIDLER ASPIRIN IS A MUST IN MY OPINION,,HORMONIZED!! BODYBUILDER!!

you wanted real talk truth with no bullshit,,i give it to you everytime i post here,,some like to hear it and some dont,,but i assure you there is NO ONE that knows better than me ANYTHING that concerns bodybuilding hormones or supp to that matter,, 99% of supplements are GARBAGE,,bcaa,, flax seed powder are um well what can i say they are okkk,,but it all can come from real solid nutrition with enough sleep,,vitamin c is all good but its something i dont consider as supplement its just something you got around you in your wallmart take 3 gram a day it will help with less water retention,same for lemon juice and lime juice

also clen and t3 are nice and good but no one knew nothing about it 40-50-60 years ago,,,ephedrine and caffeine and aspirin all the way can be taken with no break and doesnt do any damage as long as you keep it at normal dose in relashion to your bodyweightnot exxessive dose,,,only thing it will do is shed fat% off you,,nothing else is needed for fat loss,,

people like to complicate things and this is exactly! why there are so many gyms rats and not so many competitors

think less do more,,take whats needed (hormones!!) ,,eat right during prep,,and train right with less ego,,pay attention to every muscle group and develop it and you will go along long way and win your class in sunshine state or colorado state or ny state bodybuilding championships first place,,mark my words

it aint no rocket science my friend

fallen angel

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2007, 04:23:09 PM »
thanks GH15..

what are your thoughts on the whey/malto/leucine/creatine stack post work out?

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2007, 04:38:09 PM »
everything good when not preping,,when you try to add size i dont care what you take,,you can go to china town and eat 1000 calories of carry chiken and eggrolls and noodles post training ,,,or you can go and drink this protien with maltodex and all that stuff,,dont matter when you bulk,,everything is under water and extra fat anyway,,when preping i wouldnt touch malto! and at specific time i would completely drop the protien powders

during a bulk,,and when want to add size in general,,what matters is to remember to take the hormones so the food utilized better by the body,,to remember to take digestive enzymes for the extra calories,,this is a supp i would add!,,and to remember to eat big so you can bulk to new dimentions,,it is also a must to lift heavy and increase your lifts during this phase because if you eat a lot you better lift a lot,,lift alot as in heavy ass weight,,you shouldnt have any excuse on high calorie diet with bulking hormones

by the way lifting heavy doesnt mean lifting with bad form,,it means to lift as heavy as possible for you specifically and it should go heavier every couple weeks if not couple sessions

*wouldnt use creatine if using hormones,,wouldnt use it even if didnt use hormones but thats me
fallen angel

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2007, 06:57:32 PM »
GH, why not start a thread with one of these tiny tits

we will give 16 weeks..let us see what you can do...kind of like what the "gaydonis syndrome" is doing.

I recommend you take either Alexxx or Alex23..get them shredded but only on US legal stuff