Author Topic: Stock Market discussion  (Read 50273 times)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: Stock Market discussion
« Reply #100 on: January 28, 2021, 07:06:19 AM »
The new economy will be jump started by hiring the unemployed to erase bad words, empowering news stories and stuff that hurt the democrats feelings on the evil white supremacists interwebs
Wages start at 15 dollars an hour, with bonus' handed out for any arrests and successful death sentences carried out for these terroristic crimes.

The new economy has already started my friend. The underground one I mean.

It will take a long time for Washington to realize what happened but then it will be too late.

BTW, look for a resurgence of direct mailing by businesses, cash transactions, increased use of small businesses to shield income, etc. The list goes on...

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2021, 07:10:13 AM »
The 634 point drop probably signaled the end of the Trump administration economic heroics.

The bubble will burst quickly under the Biden administration and the losses in the real estate market will follow behind by a year.

Biden’s massive failures are going to make the incompetent Obama administration look like savants.

Buckle up gentlemen, the American dream has ended for 50% of the population

Jimmy Carter levels of STAGFLATION are coming soon.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #102 on: January 28, 2021, 07:10:40 AM »
Will you look at that? Awwww, is Robinhood coming in to rescue the dirty rich while fucking over it's userbase (the poor)?

Fucking amazing! Robinhood has the audacity to restrict trading activity on these stocks that were heavily shorted by hedge funds a few days back, because the poor masses decided to shit on the rich's party?

Well, now we know whose side Robinhood is on. This could possibly not bode well for Robinhood given that they showed their true colors.

"1"

Maybe Robinhood woke up to see his horse's severed head on his bed this morning.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: January 28, 2021, 07:11:06 AM »
The 634 point drop probably signaled the end of the Trump administration economic heroics.

The bubble will burst quickly under the Biden administration and the losses in the real estate market will follow behind by a year.

Biden’s massive failures are going to make the incompetent Obama administration look like savants.

You hit the nail on the head, LG. Already seeing signs here in South Carolina, a relatively "hot" housing market.

And as usual, liberal Democrats will fuck up everything they touch, although at this point there is only one party in DC - the party of power, with Democrats and Republicans under the same roof. Here in SC Lindsay Graham and Tim Scott, both Republicans, act like Democrats anyways.

I just had a conversation with my son today about the collapse of the "American Dream"- thanks 100% to Washington DC. But there is always a plan B. It will be a wild ride.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #104 on: January 28, 2021, 07:17:18 AM »

yup, a few weeks ago i said, hang on to your asses. its gonna get really ugly.

Discord also banned for hate speech to shut down this gaemspot type affair.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2021, 08:01:55 AM »

There were at least fifteen things happening in the market yesterday that were WAY more important than this silly Gamestop story that aren't even talked about.  BIG BIG names were being hammered right and left.  Sorry, that shouldn't be the case coming out of a pandemic.  People who know how to read the overall market understand what it's saying. 

GOOGLE was down four percent yestereday.  GOOGLE!  I bought.  ;D

Quoted for posterity.  ;)

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2021, 08:06:20 AM »
Financial news is more fake than the political news, blaming a short squeeze on a few fucking unemployed losers on Reddit who probably have less than 5K in their accounts.😂

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2021, 08:12:39 AM »
Financial news is more fake than the political news, blaming a short squeeze on a few fucking unemployed losers on Reddit who probably have less than 5K in their accounts.😂

It's the same people left holding the bag every time. You can assume any mainstream financial news is paid for lobbying like in political "reporting". Everything will be great and resilient until the smart money sneaks out the side door.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2021, 08:18:07 AM »

You hit the nail on the head, LG. Already seeing signs here in South Carolina, a relatively "hot" housing market.

And as usual, liberal Democrats will fuck up everything they touch, although at this point there is only one party in DC - the party of power, with Democrats and Republicans under the same roof. Here in SC Lindsay Graham and Tim Scott, both Republicans, act like Democrats anyways.

I just had a conversation with my son today about the collapse of the "American Dream"- thanks 100% to Washington DC. But there is always a plan B. It will be a wild ride.

The market is reacting to an unsteady administration in Washington, mortgage rates continue to decrease this week, just slightly. Even as house prices increase at the fastest rate the market has seen in years. Competition to buy is strong given the low inventory that exists across the country. The fact that there are not enough homes to meet demand is going to be an ongoing issue for the foreseeable future. Lending practices will be relaxed, the investors and flippers will get over-leveraged, then rates will rise.

This is almost exactly what happened from 2009 - 2014. Homeowners are dipping back into their equity like it is an ATM machine and the end result will be that Biden’s inflation will burst the housing bubble.

It won’t happen today, because home building lags behind the market by a year. So as the economy starts its crash, home inventory will rise, and by next summer (2022) if rates increase sharply the entire house of cards will implode.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2021, 08:20:51 AM »

Reddit brought it to the attention of big money and someone else decided to make money of Melvin Capital’s greedy short position.

So far, nothing appears to have been done illegally...until the government steps in to save their Wall Street owners.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2021, 08:23:25 AM »
American Airlines (AAL) is probably the next.

30% shorts.

Other airlines are all under 5% short position

Watch closely, any internet discussion will be stifled
Good Calll on AAL.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2021, 08:25:33 AM »
Good Calll on AAL.

Actually, if AA's price goes back down to the $9 mark, I might go in.

"1"

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2021, 08:26:30 AM »
Will you look at that? Awwww, is Robinhood coming in to rescue the dirty rich while fucking over it's userbase (the poor)?

Fucking amazing! Robinhood has the audacity to restrict trading activity on these stocks that were heavily shorted by hedge funds a few days back, because the poor masses decided to shit on the rich's party?

Well, now we know whose side Robinhood is on. This could possibly not bode well for Robinhood given that they showed their true colors.

"1"
That is some real BS there.  Not allowing people to buy certain stocks, but can sell them.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2021, 08:38:40 AM »
I’m hearing a lot of so-called experts on financial news saying that the market is getting frothy. This is true but markets can stay overbought/sold for a long period of time. So yesterday the market took a big hit and I’m sure a lot of fools jumped in short and got burned  today.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2021, 08:41:13 AM »
That is some real BS there.  Not allowing people to buy certain stocks, but can sell them.

It's absolutely madness my friend.

The rich can pump & dump and go short on the hopes and dreams of the poor, but when the poor decide to show the rich that it isn't just their money that can be used to make a profit, the powers that be swoop on it and try to fuck the poor by restricting their ability to make a profit.

Bill Ackman shorted the market just a while back while practically crying on national television about how the market will crash due to the pandemic. His little antics led to a $2.6 billion gain on a short bet on CDS indexes, but no one came in to save the common man while they lost all their money due to Ackman's crying.

Yet, somehow when the poor (I say poor, but I mean anyone who isn't grossing over $10 million per year), can't have a little fun while making a profit on the sinister deeds of the rich because big brother disguised as Robinhood decides to step in and stop them from making a few coins? Fuck that...

How fucking ironic, that the company that bears the name of a fictional character that would rob the rich for the benefit of the poor is INSTEAD helping to keep the rich rich at the expense of the poor. (Someone let me know if I am the first person to coin this spin on Robinhood, as Reuters nor Bloomberg has shown me any headlines suggesting anyone else using this spin)

"1"

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2021, 09:22:03 AM »
Good Calll on AAL.

$16.56 at close yesterday

Opened at $20.33 today.

The shorts are trying to cover quietly and keep it at $18.50.

Keep an eye on the volume to see if/when WSB makes their move.

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2021, 09:26:06 AM »
Actually, if AA's price goes back down to the $9 mark, I might go in.

"1"

I think WBS will take their profit on Bed Bath and Beyond today.

They spent a week setting it up, I’d say that is the candidate for squeezing the shorts today.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2021, 09:37:35 AM »

"1"

the free market is only free until rich people start to lose money

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2021, 09:47:26 AM »
the free market is only free until rich people start to lose money

They are not telling you the truth folks.  They would only allow you to sell, not buy...all these brokerages had short sale orders on Game Stop, Nokia, AMC, they were trying to crush the businesses and force them out of businesses.  People were fighting back and the houses were loosing their backsides on their short sales, so they shut it down by only allowing you to sell your shares, not buy.This was a support our short sale positions or get out move.

Megalodon

• Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2021, 09:53:24 AM »
 We lost confidence in their con-fidence game. :-X

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2021, 10:00:44 AM »
Robinhood, a stock trading platform, blocked its users from buying shares of GameStop, AMC and several other companies Thursday amid huge volatility.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2021/01/28/gamestop-stock-robinhood-amc-express-bed-bath-beyond/4291760001/

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #122 on: January 28, 2021, 10:02:40 AM »
GameStop and AMC Theaters. LOL!   

Such a con game.  I'm just pissed nobody told me.
a

evacnam

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #123 on: January 28, 2021, 11:29:26 AM »
Im no stock market expert, but this is wild how Robinhood is being dirty dirty corrupt and then Wallstreetbets gets shut down on reddit. Staggering how the rich are being protected.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #124 on: January 28, 2021, 12:01:34 PM »
These trading apps that stopped people from buying should be shut down. WHO THE FUCK DO THEY THINK THEY ARE???  They have one role. Let me buy and sell stock.  Don't tell me what I can and cannot buy.