Author Topic: Coronavirus - Italy - DO NOT underestimate this! Warning!  (Read 30131 times)

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
Re: COVID19 HERE IN ITALY: DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS EMERGENCY
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2020, 03:59:35 PM »
They imported cheap Chinese workers (with EU blessing) & now they must bury them  ;D

OBW, Chinese biohazards experts arrived in Rome  :D

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2020, 03:59:41 PM »
I'm no gimmick, ask Tim Wescott, ask Coach, ask Dropping Plates (if he came back), ask Johnny Falcon.

We're living a terrible situation and I just wanted to warn and maybe be helpful to the good people here.

Out of all of them falcon isn’t a credible source

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2020, 04:01:30 PM »
Dumb fuck, you just said, "I'm in the red zone mate : search Codogno, Lodi, Vo Euganeo."  

My family lives in Piacenza.  It is literally a 10 minute drive to Codogno and 20 minutes to Lodi.  

Also, I have never heard Italians use the word mate.

Again, who's gimmick are you?   :D

Could be Robert DeNiro  ;D

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2020, 04:01:46 PM »
Dumb fuck, you just said, "I'm in the red zone mate : search Codogno, Lodi, Vo Euganeo."  

My family lives in Piacenza.  It is literally a 10 minute drive to Codogno and 20 minutes to Lodi.  

Italians who know or speak to a lot of Brits end up using "mate" a lot.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2020, 04:03:02 PM »
It's been few months since I post mainly because I changed job and I've been very busy.

This evening I feel it's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to share this with all my good friends here since early 2000.

Please do note this is NOT a troll post: many of you maybe remember me and the fact that I always been very straightforward and sincere.

Do not underestimate this situation in the USA: you live in a great Country with economic power and above all people able to overcome any adversity.

But here in Italy the situation is far worse to what you can read in the news.

I live in a fairly small town (25.000 people) but still at the moment we do not know where to put the bodies of dead people.
It's this bad, really.
The church near the town hospital today was completely full with casks waiting to be sent to the cemetery.

Commercial activities are 90% closed: two weeks ago I had the idea to buy large quantities of food (approx for 60 days for me and my wife).
Supermarkets are empty, no food there for the moment.
We're locked in my house waiting for the situation to hopefully get better but I'm not that optimistic.

So my friends this is not ment to scare you BUT TO WARN YOU: do not underestimate this situation. Be safe, avoid if possible contact with people and start putting away food for you and your loved ones.

Stay strong my friends, a big hug from Italy.
TIL

Thanks for your post and warning. Ignore dickheads like Royalty he thinks everyone is a gimmick and has been proven wrong many, many times.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2020, 04:10:02 PM »
Italians who know or speak to a lot of Brits end up using "mate" a lot.

Old Italians DON'T speak English !.

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2020, 04:19:24 PM »
 ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2020, 04:25:49 PM »

Wouldn’t it be great if The Italian Lifter was actually Army of One 😂

a_pupil

• Getbig V

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2020, 04:36:24 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-just-gave-worst-speech-204700719.html

On Friday afternoon, Donald Trump gave the worst speech of his political career.

He appeared at the podium in the Rose Garden half an hour late. He looked and sounded exhausted. He stumbled over the word "coronavirus" in his very first sentence and seemed to struggle at a number of points throughout his address. His wonted improvisations and other departures from the script did not suggest his usual ease. He sounded very much like what one suspects he is: a tired and confused senior citizen.

The problems with Trump's speech were not limited to the manner in which it was delivered. Among other things, he ought to have secured a deal with Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats before speaking. His emphasis on the extraordinary achievements of such noted public servants as the CEO of Walmart (whose stock price is surging as I write this) did not exactly inspire confidence that the most important thing in this ordeal is public health and safety, as opposed to corporate profits. The bizarre round-table approach that brought everyone from public health officials to business leaders to the vice president (who said some genuinely touching things about the elderly) before the podium was confusing. It was nice of the president to remind us that "so many of the great sports we've gotten used to" have been put on hold. I was surprised that he did not once mention the 41 Americans who have already died of the virus until well into the question-and-answer portion of the proceedings, when he misstated the number.

It is too early to say whether the various new measures Trump announced will be effective. (Some of the obviously sensible ones — waiving interest on federal student loan debt, for example — are likely to be lost in the confusion.) I, for one, think it is still likely that much of the media response to the virus has been hysterical, and that in two months schoolchildren across the country will longingly remember the time they got three extra weeks of spring break. But that is not relevant to my assessment of Trump's performance on Friday. On arguably the biggest stage of his presidency, he not only failed to give the impression that he was in control of the situation, he looked about as ready to handle a crisis as Joe Biden is to speak calmly to elderly voters in Iowa or quote the Declaration of Independence.

Agreeing to take questions following his prepared remarks was almost certainly a mistake. In the coming days and weeks and months, Trump will have virtually unlimited opportunities to attack the legacy of the Obama administration. This was not the occasion for it. In so many other contexts, Trump's disdain for the press is defensible and even amusing. Friday it made him seem petty. And it is never a good idea for a president in the face of a crisis to tell the country that he takes "no responsibility" for anything (in this case, delays in virus testing). Taking responsibility is what the office is all about.

These impressions will not go away. They will certainly outlast the pandemic. No American will remember the day that President Trump addressed the nation on the subject of the coronavirus pandemic the way they remember Ronald Reagan's response to the Challenger disaster. If we have any lasting impressions they will be of an enervated, verbally infelicitous elderly man attempting to speak to realities that he is only half aware of ("unlike websites of the past"). The best thing he can hope for is that many of us will feel that Trump perfectly captured the national mood of alternating feverish speculation and exhaustion.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2020, 04:40:51 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-just-gave-worst-speech-204700719.html

On Friday afternoon, Donald Trump gave the worst speech of his political career.

He appeared at the podium in the Rose Garden half an hour late. He looked and sounded exhausted. He stumbled over the word "coronavirus" in his very first sentence and seemed to struggle at a number of points throughout his address. His wonted improvisations and other departures from the script did not suggest his usual ease. He sounded very much like what one suspects he is: a tired and confused senior citizen.

The problems with Trump's speech were not limited to the manner in which it was delivered. Among other things, he ought to have secured a deal with Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats before speaking. His emphasis on the extraordinary achievements of such noted public servants as the CEO of Walmart (whose stock price is surging as I write this) did not exactly inspire confidence that the most important thing in this ordeal is public health and safety, as opposed to corporate profits. The bizarre round-table approach that brought everyone from public health officials to business leaders to the vice president (who said some genuinely touching things about the elderly) before the podium was confusing. It was nice of the president to remind us that "so many of the great sports we've gotten used to" have been put on hold. I was surprised that he did not once mention the 41 Americans who have already died of the virus until well into the question-and-answer portion of the proceedings, when he misstated the number.

It is too early to say whether the various new measures Trump announced will be effective. (Some of the obviously sensible ones — waiving interest on federal student loan debt, for example — are likely to be lost in the confusion.) I, for one, think it is still likely that much of the media response to the virus has been hysterical, and that in two months schoolchildren across the country will longingly remember the time they got three extra weeks of spring break. But that is not relevant to my assessment of Trump's performance on Friday. On arguably the biggest stage of his presidency, he not only failed to give the impression that he was in control of the situation, he looked about as ready to handle a crisis as Joe Biden is to speak calmly to elderly voters in Iowa or quote the Declaration of Independence.

Agreeing to take questions following his prepared remarks was almost certainly a mistake. In the coming days and weeks and months, Trump will have virtually unlimited opportunities to attack the legacy of the Obama administration. This was not the occasion for it. In so many other contexts, Trump's disdain for the press is defensible and even amusing. Friday it made him seem petty. And it is never a good idea for a president in the face of a crisis to tell the country that he takes "no responsibility" for anything (in this case, delays in virus testing). Taking responsibility is what the office is all about.

These impressions will not go away. They will certainly outlast the pandemic. No American will remember the day that President Trump addressed the nation on the subject of the coronavirus pandemic the way they remember Ronald Reagan's response to the Challenger disaster. If we have any lasting impressions they will be of an enervated, verbally infelicitous elderly man attempting to speak to realities that he is only half aware of ("unlike websites of the past"). The best thing he can hope for is that many of us will feel that Trump perfectly captured the national mood of alternating feverish speculation and exhaustion.

Oh things would be so wonderous if Hillary Clinton were leading us at this time!

Remember the Challengers disaster, very similar situation because the whole world shut down over a US spaceship crashed. Great comparison...

Lol who writes this crap another senior citizen?

We have age discrimination against the President.

Also how old are Bernie and Biden? Those two youngsters are a better example of youthful leadership.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2020, 04:42:28 PM »
it's just a flu type bug ffs. depending on how your immune system is currently, you'll either get hit hard (like you do every couple of years anyway) or get very light symptoms.

the people in danger are those who would struggle with a strong flu bug.

I'll keep this at the forefront of my thoughts. I not only have never been hit hard with the flu, I've never had flu symptoms in my life. I do occasionally get bronchitis, like once ever few years. When I've ignored it, it developed into bronchial pneumonia which was treated with antibiotics since it is bacterial and viral.  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2020, 05:07:40 PM »
There's more than one flu virus going around. Unless you get tested, you won't know if it is the coronavirus or a different one with other symptoms.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2020, 05:10:39 PM »
Cowards. Cowards.
a

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2020, 05:14:16 PM »

Again, who's gimmick are you?   :D

Italian pirates say mate all the time.

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2020, 05:29:51 PM »

So what is companero in Italiano .............. :D

ilalin

• Getbig IV
  • Боже правде
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2020, 06:00:24 PM »
Interesting.  I just spoke with family members in Italy, and they didn't mention anything like what you said.  Nothing even remotely close to what you said.  I spoke with them 2 days ago.  

twat gimmick

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2020, 06:07:37 PM »

not that many Aussie Italians say mate, and everybody else here says it constantly....

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2020, 06:08:08 PM »

So what is companero in Italiano .............. :D

Campagno or campagna ?

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Coronavirus - I am here in Italy! Do NOT underestimate this emergency!
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2020, 08:41:32 PM »
Denmark closing borders and Schools

Norway closing borders and Schools

Sweden, completely open, no control at all.
Q

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2020, 09:07:25 PM »
Denmark closing borders and Schools

Norway closing borders and Schools

Sweden, completely open, no control at all.

So far Northern/Polar border with Russia is completely open  ;D

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2020, 09:14:19 PM »
More importantly..

What are the red light district girls doing in Amsterdam to protect everyone?

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2020, 09:20:22 PM »
It's been few months since I post mainly because I changed job and I've been very busy. This evening I feel it's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to share this with all my good friends here since early 2000.

Please do note this is NOT a troll post: many of you maybe remember me and the fact that I always been very straightforward and sincere.  Do not underestimate this situation in the USA: you live in a great Country with economic power and above all people able to overcome any adversity.

But here in Italy the situation is far worse to what you can read in the news.

I live in a fairly small town (25.000 people) but still at the moment we do not know where to put the bodies of dead people. It's this bad, really. The church near the town hospital today was completely full with casks waiting to be sent to the cemetery.

Commercial activities are 90% closed: two weeks ago I had the idea to buy large quantities of food (approx for 60 days for me and my wife). Supermarkets are empty, no food there for the moment. We're locked in my house waiting for the situation to hopefully get better but I'm not that optimistic.

So my friends this is not meant to scare you BUT TO WARN YOU: do not underestimate this situation. Be safe, avoid if possible contact with people and start putting away food for you and your loved ones.

Stay strong my friends, a big hug from Italy.

TIL
yup have friends in Sardinia who say it’s out of control (with dead people etc) stay safe bud this whole situation is getting out of hand FFS there’s mass hysteria over something as pathetic as TOILET PAPER here in Australia...punch ups hundreds of people lined up in front of the supermarkets every morning for the mad rush too the toiletries section