Author Topic: Coronavirus - Italy - DO NOT underestimate this! Warning!  (Read 30030 times)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: Coronavirus - I am here in Italy! Do NOT underestimate this emergency!
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2020, 09:21:47 PM »
But did you die ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2020, 09:24:31 PM »
It's been few months since I post mainly because I changed job and I've been very busy. This evening I feel it's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to share this with all my good friends here since early 2000.

Please do note this is NOT a troll post: many of you maybe remember me and the fact that I always been very straightforward and sincere.  Do not underestimate this situation in the USA: you live in a great Country with economic power and above all people able to overcome any adversity.

But here in Italy the situation is far worse to what you can read in the news.

I live in a fairly small town (25.000 people) but still at the moment we do not know where to put the bodies of dead people. It's this bad, really. The church near the town hospital today was completely full with casks waiting to be sent to the cemetery.

Commercial activities are 90% closed: two weeks ago I had the idea to buy large quantities of food (approx for 60 days for me and my wife). Supermarkets are empty, no food there for the moment. We're locked in my house waiting for the situation to hopefully get better but I'm not that optimistic.

So my friends this is not meant to scare you BUT TO WARN YOU: do not underestimate this situation. Be safe, avoid if possible contact with people and start putting away food for you and your loved ones.

Stay strong my friends, a big hug from Italy.

TIL

pray for you and your beautiful country

how's situation in Perugia? such a beautiful place, and people are very nice there.

take care of yourself italian lifter

Teutonic Knight 1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2020, 09:33:12 PM »
More importantly..

What are the red light district girls doing in Amsterdam to protect everyone?

Honestly I was not impress with those 'window girls',  looks like something from images of Berlin 1936 !.

Totally outdated & outclassed by places in Thailand & Philipins !.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2020, 09:42:49 PM »

Honestly I was not impress with those 'window girls',  looks like something from images of Berlin 1936 !.

Totally outdated & outclassed by places in Thailand & Philipins !.

Yellow fever detected.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
Re: COVID19 HERE IN ITALY: DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS EMERGENCY
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2020, 09:44:04 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-just-gave-worst-speech-204700719.html

On Friday afternoon, Donald Trump gave the worst speech of his political career.

He appeared at the podium in the Rose Garden half an hour late. He looked and sounded exhausted. He stumbled over the word "coronavirus" in his very first sentence and seemed to struggle at a number of points throughout his address. His wonted improvisations and other departures from the script did not suggest his usual ease. He sounded very much like what one suspects he is: a tired and confused senior citizen.

The problems with Trump's speech were not limited to the manner in which it was delivered. Among other things, he ought to have secured a deal with Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats before speaking. His emphasis on the extraordinary achievements of such noted public servants as the CEO of Walmart (whose stock price is surging as I write this) did not exactly inspire confidence that the most important thing in this ordeal is public health and safety, as opposed to corporate profits. The bizarre round-table approach that brought everyone from public health officials to business leaders to the vice president (who said some genuinely touching things about the elderly) before the podium was confusing. It was nice of the president to remind us that "so many of the great sports we've gotten used to" have been put on hold. I was surprised that he did not once mention the 41 Americans who have already died of the virus until well into the question-and-answer portion of the proceedings, when he misstated the number.

It is too early to say whether the various new measures Trump announced will be effective. (Some of the obviously sensible ones — waiving interest on federal student loan debt, for example — are likely to be lost in the confusion.) I, for one, think it is still likely that much of the media response to the virus has been hysterical, and that in two months schoolchildren across the country will longingly remember the time they got three extra weeks of spring break. But that is not relevant to my assessment of Trump's performance on Friday. On arguably the biggest stage of his presidency, he not only failed to give the impression that he was in control of the situation, he looked about as ready to handle a crisis as Joe Biden is to speak calmly to elderly voters in Iowa or quote the Declaration of Independence.

Agreeing to take questions following his prepared remarks was almost certainly a mistake. In the coming days and weeks and months, Trump will have virtually unlimited opportunities to attack the legacy of the Obama administration. This was not the occasion for it. In so many other contexts, Trump's disdain for the press is defensible and even amusing. Friday it made him seem petty. And it is never a good idea for a president in the face of a crisis to tell the country that he takes "no responsibility" for anything (in this case, delays in virus testing). Taking responsibility is what the office is all about.

These impressions will not go away. They will certainly outlast the pandemic. No American will remember the day that President Trump addressed the nation on the subject of the coronavirus pandemic the way they remember Ronald Reagan's response to the Challenger disaster. If we have any lasting impressions they will be of an enervated, verbally infelicitous elderly man attempting to speak to realities that he is only half aware of ("unlike websites of the past"). The best thing he can hope for is that many of us will feel that Trump perfectly captured the national mood of alternating feverish speculation and exhaustion.

TDS, non-sequitur edition.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2020, 09:44:50 PM »
There's more than one flu virus going around. Unless you get tested, you won't know if it is the coronavirus or a different one with other symptoms.

That is absolutely true. There are plenty of people around with just regular cold and flu. We are at the end of the flu and cold season in the USA.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2020, 10:25:33 PM »
This toilet paper thing is fucking retarded.....

I'll wipe my ass on the newspaper, who gives a shit.

How do these fucktards buying toilet paper think we survived 2million years prior to its invention. Our society truely is moronic.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2020, 10:53:57 PM »
yup have friends in Sardinia who say it’s out of control (with dead people etc) stay safe bud this whole situation is getting out of hand FFS there’s mass hysteria over something as pathetic as TOILET PAPER here in Australia...punch ups hundreds of people lined up in front of the supermarkets every morning for the mad rush too the toiletries section

The chickadee at woolies advised me to line up outside before opening and then rush through the doors and down the aisle along with everyone else. They have decided to let a physical contest determine who gets toilet paper. What could possibly go wrong?

Luckily, they preempted any problems by taping up AGGRESSION WILL NOT BE TOLERATED signs around the shop.

I haven't yet attended the event to elbow grannies and fat housewives in the snouts. Not saying I won't. Who knows it might be a blast.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2020, 10:58:57 PM »
The chickadee at woolies advised me to line up outside before opening and then rush through the doors and down the aisle along with everyone else. They have decided to let a physical contest determine who gets toilet paper. What could possibly go wrong?

Luckily, they preempted any problems by taping up AGGRESSION WILL NOT BE TOLERATED signs around the shop.

I haven't yet attended the event to elbow grannies and fat housewives in the snouts. Not saying I won't. Who knows it might be a blast.

Today a woman gets behind me in line at the store is carrying 3 - 8 packs of toilet paper and says to me I'm buying this for my daughter. Am I supposed to care?

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2020, 11:03:07 PM »
Today a woman gets behind me in line at the store is carrying 3 - 8 packs of toilet paper and says to me I'm buying this for my daughter. Am I supposed to care?

Your gaydar is stuck on. She was hitting on you.  ;D

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2020, 11:52:42 PM »

Your gaydar is stuck on. She was hitting on you.  ;D

Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. What an odd come on. I did have a woman at the post office squeeze my bicep and comment on how muscular my arms were. That seemed more like a come on...although it also seemed weird since my arms are not that big.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2020, 11:57:44 PM »
It's been few months since I post mainly because I changed job and I've been very busy. This evening I feel it's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to share this with all my good friends here since early 2000.

Please do note this is NOT a troll post: many of you maybe remember me and the fact that I always been very straightforward and sincere.  Do not underestimate this situation in the USA: you live in a great Country with economic power and above all people able to overcome any adversity.

I live in a fairly small town (25.000 people) but still at the moment we do not know where to put the bodies of dead people. It's this bad, really. The church near the town hospital today was completely full with casks waiting to be sent to the cemetery.

Commercial activities are 90% closed: two weeks ago I had the idea to buy large quantities of food (approx for 60 days for me and my wife). Supermarkets are empty, no food there for the moment. We're locked in my house waiting for the situation to hopefully get better but I'm not that optimistic.

So my friends this is not meant to scare you BUT TO WARN YOU: do not underestimate this situation. Be safe, avoid if possible contact with people and start putting away food for you and your loved ones.

TIL

DO YOU CARE TO REVISE YOUR BULLSHIT STATEMENT?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2020, 12:12:21 AM »
This toilet paper thing is fucking retarded.....

I'll wipe my ass on the newspaper, who gives a shit.

How do these fucktards buying toilet paper think we survived 2million years prior to its invention. Our society truely is moronic.

Be sure to wash off the printer's ink.  :)

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2020, 02:24:19 AM »
Hmm. Hadn't thought of that. What an odd come on. I did have a woman at the post office squeeze my bicep and comment on how muscular my arms were. That seemed more like a come on...although it also seemed weird since my arms are not that big.

By Getbig standards, in the real world they're huge!

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2020, 03:10:02 AM »
Thank you for sharing Italian Lifter. I hope the best for you and your family. Stay safe and well.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2020, 03:31:56 AM »
Piacenza was not red zone and it's spreading so fast it's unbeliaveble.
Anyway not problem mate, I just wanted to be of any help and I'm not a gimmick.
My God this board really changed a lot...

Many idiots on the board for sure. But all part of the fun.

With regard to all the dead bodies piling up - let me ask you, do you even know personally one single person who has died, who was in good health prior, under the age of 70?

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2020, 03:44:31 AM »
Maybe she wanted to get quarantined with you? She brings the toilet paper and you provide your salami.  :D

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2020, 04:20:30 AM »

TIL

They are introducing the police state to the world and funneling billions of dollars under the guise of fighting Covid-19.  Welcome to the new 9/11 everyone, only this will be far worse.  Medical martial law is upon us.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2020, 04:32:32 AM »
My post was not an attention whore one (me and my family have far greater concerns than a message board).
The idea was to be of any help in understanding how this can evolve if underestimated. That's all.
I post here once every few months so I don't need to become a "getbig influencer".

To the guy with family in Lodi I really wish them and to him all the best, really, no animosity from my part.
Check the online maps and see how fast is moving south, but I'm sure they already know.

The piling up of dead people is the norm now: of course they are sent to the graveyard but considering the big numbers it takes time, luckily Italy it's not Iran where they are disposed in fields outside the city.

To the question if I know someone who died of covid19 the answer it's sadly yes: I lost two close relatives (aged 64 and 70) so yes it affects more elderly people.
But I also lost three good friends (they were younger: 48, 57 and 65).
In roughly 10 to 15 days they were gone.

Dear Royalty: be safe and take care, you didn't have the opportunity to meet Carlo, Francesca and Pietro, but they were full of life and loving, decent people.
I bet if they could speak to you, they would say not underestimate the situation and avoid close contact with people.

This is from the beginning the goal of this post.
North of Italy

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2020, 04:44:25 AM »
My post was not an attention whore one (me and my family have far greater concerns than a message board).
The idea was to be of any help in understanding how this can evolve if underestimated. That's all.
I post here once every few months so I don't need to become a "getbig influencer".

To the guy with family in Lodi I really wish them and to him all the best, really, no animosity from my part.
Check the online maps and see how fast is moving south, but I'm sure they already know.

The piling up of dead people is the norm now: of course they are sent to the graveyard but considering the big numbers it takes time, luckily Italy it's not Iran where they are disposed in fields outside the city.

To the question if I know someone who died of covid19 the answer it's sadly yes: I lost two close relatives (aged 64 and 70) so yes it affects more elderly people.

Dear Royalty: be safe and take care, you didn't have the opportunity to meet Carlo, Francesca and Pietro, but they were full of life and loving, decent people.
I bet if they could speak to you, they would say not underestimate the situation and avoid close contact with people.

Total respect for you, sir.

This virus is very dangerous and they have no idea as to if it will become resistant to drugs or mutate as a defense to medicine.

J

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2020, 04:44:58 AM »
My grandfather was in Torino at the time of the Spanish Flu. He said carts would come to the houses everyday to pick up the bodies.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2020, 04:50:06 AM »
Total respect for you, sir.

This virus is very dangerous and they have no idea as to if it will become resistant to drugs or mutate as a defense to medicine.

J

Resistant to drugs?? There are no drugs or treatments. It has to run its course.

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2020, 04:51:05 AM »

piling up of the dead.... You post like this is the norm? In all of Italy it clearly isn't.  

Such hyperbolic statements aren't representative of the real situation there clearly.

If your town really is that hard hit then I wish you all the best but don't go hyping the situation like there are bodies " piling up" in all of Italy. We see the stats, 1200 deaths rip in a country of 60 million.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2020, 05:11:30 AM »
From the beginning I said I'm talking about MY town
North of Italy

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2020, 05:13:51 AM »
From the beginning I said I'm talking about MY town

WAH WAH IT ISNT HAPPENING TO ME OR AROUND ME SO IT DOESNT EXIST, IM AMERICAN AND IMMUNE TO EVERYTHING!!!IT WONT HAPPEN TO ME!!