Author Topic: Coronavirus - Italy - DO NOT underestimate this! Warning!  (Read 29813 times)

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
Re: Coronavirus - I am here in Italy! Do NOT underestimate this emergency!
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2020, 05:19:24 AM »
Resistant to drugs?? There are no drugs or treatments. It has to run its course.

As it progresses ASSHOLE!!!!

J

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2020, 05:33:59 AM »
My post was not an attention whore one (me and my family have far greater concerns than a message board).
The idea was to be of any help in understanding how this can evolve if underestimated. That's all.
I post here once every few months so I don't need to become a "getbig influencer".

To the guy with family in Lodi I really wish them and to him all the best, really, no animosity from my part.
Check the online maps and see how fast is moving south, but I'm sure they already know.

The piling up of dead people is the norm now: of course they are sent to the graveyard but considering the big numbers it takes time, luckily Italy it's not Iran where they are disposed in fields outside the city.

To the question if I know someone who died of covid19 the answer it's sadly yes: I lost two close relatives (aged 64 and 70) so yes it affects more elderly people.
But I also lost three good friends (they were younger: 48, 57 and 65).
In roughly 10 to 15 days they were gone.

Dear Royalty: be safe and take care, you didn't have the opportunity to meet Carlo, Francesca and Pietro, but they were full of life and loving, decent people.
I bet if they could speak to you, they would say not underestimate the situation and avoid close contact with people.

This is from the beginning the goal of this post.

Lets do some basic math.  As reported yesterday, the death toll in Italy was 1266.  Lets assume yesterday was a terrible day, and that number doubles, bringing the total to 2532 total deaths.  The population of Italy is around 60.5 million, not including all the illegals.  

So, 2532 deaths out of a population of 60,500,000.  That means, 1 out of 25,000 have died in Italy.  

And you're telling us that you personally know 5 people who have died from Covid-19?  

Seems legit.   ::)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2020, 05:40:25 AM »
Lets do some basic math.  As reported yesterday, the death toll in Italy was 1266.  Lets assume yesterday was a terrible day, and that number doubles, bringing the total to 2532 total deaths.  The population of Italy is around 60.5 million, not including all the illegals.  

So, 2532 deaths out of a population of 60,500,500.  That means, 1 out of 25,000 have died in Italy.  

And you're telling us that you personally know 5 people who have died from Covid-19?  

Seems legit.   ::)

Use your brain, do you really think every town has testing kits or the manpower to test?The virus hits in clusters before it mass spreads.Italy is overloaded in parts of the North, if it's a choice between using your resources to test or use your resources to try and save the lives of the dying, then it's all going to go on the dying.If elderly people are presenting themselves to you in mass numbers, all with the same symptoms, and all in very severe condition, why bother testing when you know what most of the cases are.At that point you put them on ICU if their own lungs can't help them, if there are even any ICU left,or put them on oxygen to help them breathe, provide IV if too dehydrated, medicines to lower fever.Apart from that there isn't really anything they can do.Even hospital psychiatrists etc in the hardest hit parts are getting their hands dirty.When places are getting hit as hard as northern Italy is now, you can throw the official numbers out of the window.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2020, 05:44:24 AM »
My post was not an attention whore one (me and my family have far greater concerns than a message board).
The idea was to be of any help in understanding how this can evolve if underestimated. That's all.
I post here once every few months so I don't need to become a "getbig influencer".

To the guy with family in Lodi I really wish them and to him all the best, really, no animosity from my part.
Check the online maps and see how fast is moving south, but I'm sure they already know.

The piling up of dead people is the norm now: of course they are sent to the graveyard but considering the big numbers it takes time, luckily Italy it's not Iran where they are disposed in fields outside the city.

To the question if I know someone who died of covid19 the answer it's sadly yes: I lost two close relatives (aged 64 and 70) so yes it affects more elderly people.
But I also lost three good friends (they were younger: 48, 57 and 65).
In roughly 10 to 15 days they were gone.

Dear Royalty: be safe and take care, you didn't have the opportunity to meet Carlo, Francesca and Pietro, but they were full of life and loving, decent people.
I bet if they could speak to you, they would say not underestimate the situation and avoid close contact with people.

This is from the beginning the goal of this post.

Show us the mountains of corpses!!

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2020, 05:45:30 AM »
Use your brain, do you really think every town has testing kits or the manpower to test?Italy is overloaded, if it's a choice between using your resources to test or use your resources to try and save the lives of the dying, then it's all going to go on the dying.If elderly people are presenting themselves to you in mass numbers, all with the same symptoms, and all in very severe condition, why bother testing when you know what most of the cases are.At that point you put them on ICU if their own lungs can't help them, if there are even any ICU left,or put them on oxygen to help them breathe, provide IV if too dehydrated, medicines to lower fever.Apart from that there isn't really anything they can do.Even hospital psychiatrists etc in the hardest hit parts are getting their hands dirty.When places are getting hit as hard as northern Italy is now, you can throw the official numbers out of the window.

You're quickly becoming an annoying kunt. Take a valium and get some sleep.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2020, 05:47:07 AM »
Use your brain, do you really think every town has testing kits or the manpower to test?Italy is overloaded, if it's a choice between using your resources to test or use your resources to try and save the lives of the dying, then it's all going to go on the dying.If elderly people are presenting themselves to you in mass numbers, all with the same symptoms, and all in very severe condition, why bother testing when you know what most of the cases are.At that point you put them on ICU if their own lungs can't help them, if there are even any ICU left,or put them on oxygen to help them breathe, provide IV if too dehydrated, medicines to lower fever.Apart from that there isn't really anything they can do.Even hospital psychiatrists etc in the hardest hit parts are getting their hands dirty.When places are getting hit as hard as northern Italy is now, you can throw the official numbers out of the window.

Are you asking a question, making a statement, or just blathering?   ???

Seriously, your post makes not sense, just a bunch of rambling. 

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2020, 05:51:45 AM »
I don't understand your animosity, Twaddle.
What would be the reason to lie? I still don't get it.
I guess it's more your problem than mine.

Anyway, I did what my conscience told me: warn people who are not prepared.

If at least one of you understand the real situation (remember a small town not NY) I'll be glad.

I guess the thread can be closed, I don't need to be "popular " or pity, maybe I was hoping for a little more respect for those who have lost part of their family, but if life already didn't teach you this I can't hope to change things.
There's nothing more to add.

North of Italy

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2020, 05:53:59 AM »
You're quickly becoming an annoying kunt. Take a valium and get some sleep.

Are you asking a question, making a statement, or just blathering?   ???

Seriously, your post makes not sense, just a bunch of rambling.  

Try and address the facts rather than deflecting because you know you are wrong.The virus is hitting in clusters and parts of Northern Italy are getting decimated, the true numbers are not represented in the statistics as they simply do not have the testing equipment or manpower to test.This idea that just because one part of Italy isnt bad then no part of Italy is bad, is akin to a baby thinking his mother doesn't exist anymore when she walks out the room and he cannot see her.Slamming an Italian guy, who is telling you he is losing family and friends, because it doesn't fit in to your narrow and incorrect worldview, is a new low for getbig.

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2020, 05:54:41 AM »
I don't understand your animosity, Twaddle.
What would be the reason to lie? I still don't get it.
I guess it's more your problem than mine.

Anyway, I did what my conscience told me: warn people who are not prepared.

If at least one of you understand the real situation (remember a small town not NY) I'll be glad.

I guess the thread can be closed, I don't need to be "popular " or pity, maybe I was hoping for a little more respect for those who have lost part of their family, but if life already didn't teach you this I can't hope to change things.
There's nothing more to add.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2020, 05:56:49 AM »
Try and address the facts rather than deflecting because you know you are wrong.The virus is hitting in clusters and parts of Northern Italy are getting decimated, the true numbers are not represented in the statistics as they simply do not have the testing equipment or manpower to test.This idea that just because one part of Italy isnt bad then no part of Italy is bad, is akin to a baby thinking his mother doesn't exist anymore when she walks out the room and he cannot see her.Slamming an Italian guy, who is telling you he is losing family and friends, because it doesn't fit in to your narrow and incorrect worldview, is a new low for getbig.

Show us the bodies!

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2020, 05:58:32 AM »
Try and address the facts rather than deflecting because you know you are wrong.The virus is hitting in clusters and parts of Northern Italy are getting decimated, the true numbers are not represented in the statistics as they simply do not have the testing equipment or manpower to test.This idea that just because one part of Italy isnt bad then no part of Italy is bad, is akin to a baby thinking his mother doesn't exist anymore when she walks out the room and he cannot see her.

I am using facts.  You must have missed the part, where I stated that I have family that lives in Piacenza (Northern Italy).  I spoke with them 3 days ago.  They mentioned nothing of dead bodies piling up, crisis, etc.  

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2020, 06:00:01 AM »
I am using facts.  You must have missed the part, where I stated that I have family that lives in Piacenza (Northern Italy).  I spoke with them 3 days ago.  They mentioned nothing of dead bodies piling up, crisis, etc.  

CLUSTERS, the calm before the storm.

che

• Getbig V
Re: COVID19 HERE IN ITALY: DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS EMERGENCY
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2020, 06:03:09 AM »

They said it's pretty much business as usual. 

I think your family is lying to you

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2020, 06:04:25 AM »

Show us the bodies.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2020, 06:10:29 AM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-just-gave-worst-speech-204700719.html

On Friday afternoon, Donald Trump gave the worst speech of his political career.

He appeared at the podium in the Rose Garden half an hour late. He looked and sounded exhausted. He stumbled over the word "coronavirus" in his very first sentence and seemed to struggle at a number of points throughout his address. His wonted improvisations and other departures from the script did not suggest his usual ease. He sounded very much like what one suspects he is: a tired and confused senior citizen.

The problems with Trump's speech were not limited to the manner in which it was delivered. Among other things, he ought to have secured a deal with Nancy Pelosi and House Democrats before speaking. His emphasis on the extraordinary achievements of such noted public servants as the CEO of Walmart (whose stock price is surging as I write this) did not exactly inspire confidence that the most important thing in this ordeal is public health and safety, as opposed to corporate profits. The bizarre round-table approach that brought everyone from public health officials to business leaders to the vice president (who said some genuinely touching things about the elderly) before the podium was confusing. It was nice of the president to remind us that "so many of the great sports we've gotten used to" have been put on hold. I was surprised that he did not once mention the 41 Americans who have already died of the virus until well into the question-and-answer portion of the proceedings, when he misstated the number.

It is too early to say whether the various new measures Trump announced will be effective. (Some of the obviously sensible ones — waiving interest on federal student loan debt, for example — are likely to be lost in the confusion.) I, for one, think it is still likely that much of the media response to the virus has been hysterical, and that in two months schoolchildren across the country will longingly remember the time they got three extra weeks of spring break. But that is not relevant to my assessment of Trump's performance on Friday. On arguably the biggest stage of his presidency, he not only failed to give the impression that he was in control of the situation, he looked about as ready to handle a crisis as Joe Biden is to speak calmly to elderly voters in Iowa or quote the Declaration of Independence.

Agreeing to take questions following his prepared remarks was almost certainly a mistake. In the coming days and weeks and months, Trump will have virtually unlimited opportunities to attack the legacy of the Obama administration. This was not the occasion for it. In so many other contexts, Trump's disdain for the press is defensible and even amusing. Friday it made him seem petty. And it is never a good idea for a president in the face of a crisis to tell the country that he takes "no responsibility" for anything (in this case, delays in virus testing). Taking responsibility is what the office is all about.

These impressions will not go away. They will certainly outlast the pandemic. No American will remember the day that President Trump addressed the nation on the subject of the coronavirus pandemic the way they remember Ronald Reagan's response to the Challenger disaster. If we have any lasting impressions they will be of an enervated, verbally infelicitous elderly man attempting to speak to realities that he is only half aware of ("unlike websites of the past"). The best thing he can hope for is that many of us will feel that Trump perfectly captured the national mood of alternating feverish speculation and exhaustion.

;D  ;D

Trump nut huggers
Will have a meltdown with this post..

Carry on..

;D   ;D

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2020, 06:13:54 AM »
This toilet paper thing is fucking retarded.....

I'll wipe my ass on the newspaper, who gives a shit.

How do these fucktards buying toilet paper think we survived 2million years prior to its invention. Our society truely is moronic.

;D   ;D

LMAO..
Well said Sir..

;D   ;D

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2020, 06:24:47 AM »
https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/13/middleeast/iran-coronavirus-mass-graves-intl/index.html

Leave it to CNN to bring the fake news.   :D

Article states, "The satellite images from March 1 and March 8, put out by Maxar Technologies, appear to show an increase in activity inside the Behesht-e Masoumeh cemetery in Qom."

The satellite images are actually a comparison of 10-29-2019 to 03-01-2020.   

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2020, 07:43:47 AM »
;D  ;D

Trump nut huggers
Will have a meltdown with this post..

Carry on..

;D   ;D

The only positive post I've ever seen on a Dearth TDS post. Dearth gimmick owner outed.  ;)

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2020, 07:58:37 AM »
Use your brain, do you really think every town has testing kits or the manpower to test?The virus hits in clusters before it mass spreads.Italy is overloaded in parts of the North, if it's a choice between using your resources to test or use your resources to try and save the lives of the dying, then it's all going to go on the dying.If elderly people are presenting themselves to you in mass numbers, all with the same symptoms, and all in very severe condition, why bother testing when you know what most of the cases are.At that point you put them on ICU if their own lungs can't help them, if there are even any ICU left,or put them on oxygen to help them breathe, provide IV if too dehydrated, medicines to lower fever.Apart from that there isn't really anything they can do.Even hospital psychiatrists etc in the hardest hit parts are getting their hands dirty.When places are getting hit as hard as northern Italy is now, you can throw the official numbers out of the window.

We have a pandemic, where hospitals and health officials are obligated to report accurate accounts for this disease but you say they cant do this with any sort of accuracy BUT it’s safe to ASSUME any deaths during this time period are related to the disease because the numbers are inaccurate.....

Got it.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2020, 07:59:03 AM »

Calm down iron brother.  Your thoughts are unbalanced. Be like Fonzie... Be cool.
a

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2020, 08:02:06 AM »

True.

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2020, 08:05:32 AM »
I have to side with Twaddle on this one.

Italy is not some banana republic, if it was so bad we would hear about it by now.

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2020, 08:12:11 AM »
How are Dave Palumbo‘s friends in Italy doing? The word is he‘s friends with a lot of people

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2020, 08:13:49 AM »
How are Dave Palumbo‘s friends in Italy doing? The word is he‘s friends with a lot of people

Isn't he releasing a video every 5 minutes or so, have he talked about how worried he is about his italian relatives yet?