Author Topic: Coronavirus - Italy - DO NOT underestimate this! Warning!  (Read 30106 times)

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Coronavirus - I am here in Italy! Do NOT underestimate this emergency!
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2020, 08:14:49 AM »
I have to side with Twaddle on this one.

Italy is not some banana republic, if it was so bad we would hear about it by now.

Coronavirus has turned my beloved Italy into a wasteland — learn our lessons before it's too late

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/03/12/coronavirus-has-turned-beloved-home-wasteland-hope-uk-learns/
Q

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2020, 08:18:37 AM »
That's a locked article, but from what I can read he's crying because the streets are empty.

Thats to be expected from an italian - all they do is visiting restaurants, church and buying clothes!

That's their definition of hell right there - not being able to continue with their lifestyle.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2020, 08:25:26 AM »
Coronavirus has turned my beloved Italy into a wasteland — learn our lessons before it's too late

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2020/03/12/coronavirus-has-turned-beloved-home-wasteland-hope-uk-learns/

Kwon what are the death numbers the author refers to?

Why does Italy look like a wasteland because of empty streets?

We know it’s bad there, that the country is on lockdown, but are bodies really piling up?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2020, 08:39:58 AM »

;D   ;D

LMAO..
Well said Sir..

;D   ;D

We were discussing Italy moron. And I still dont see pics of the piles of bodies that are supposed to be everywhere

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2020, 09:01:36 AM »
 ;D   ;D

First meltdown of the day..

;D.  ;D

Carry on butter cup...

;D   ;D

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2020, 09:06:18 AM »
WAH WAH IT ISNT HAPPENING TO ME OR AROUND ME SO IT DOESNT EXIST, IM AMERICAN AND IMMUNE TO EVERYTHING!!!IT WONT HAPPEN TO ME!!

How high are the bodies stacking up in your neighborhood?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2020, 09:34:36 AM »

:D

The worst thing to happen to Italy, since WW2.  It must be bad.

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2020, 09:35:23 AM »
The current offical global death toll from Coronavirus is under 6000 ,mostly the old and the weak.
For a little perspective , in Denmark, alone,over double that(mostly the young and the healthy) died in the Spanish Flu. And it's said  Denmark got off comparatively lightly in that pandemic.

"During the 1918 influenza pandemic, hospitals offered very few treatments, and many patients were crowded into shared wards where dozens or even hundreds of other people lay coughing, separated from one another by only a flimsy cotton sheet.

Victor C. Vaughan, a prominent physician and dean of the medical school at the University of Michigan, left an eyewitness account of the carnage at a field hospital. “I see hundreds of young, stalwart men in the uniform of their country coming into the wards of the hospital in groups of ten or more,” he wrote in his memoir. “They are placed on the cots until every bed is full and yet others crowd in. The faces soon wear a bluish cast; a distressing cough brings up the blood-stained sputum. In the morning the dead bodies are stacked about the morgue like cord wood.”

Vaughan was humbled by a plague he could not treat. “The deadly influenza,” he concluded, “demonstrated the inferiority of human interventions in the destruction of human life.”"

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/were-not-facing-second-spanish-flu/607354/

https://www.cairn-int.info/article-E_POPU_402_0269--can-the-spanish-influenza-pandemic-of-19.htm

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2020, 09:38:30 AM »
Psyop.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2020, 09:49:50 AM »
How come no one in the U.S. prison system has coronavirus?

Aren’t the prisoners tested, or are they tested but the results aren’t reported?

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2020, 09:52:38 AM »

Aren’t the prisoners tested, or are they tested but the results aren’t reported?

Let Primemucus visit all the prisons and all of them will be afflicted w Corona (among other things)
Q

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2020, 10:01:29 AM »
Lets do some basic math.  As reported yesterday, the death toll in Italy was 1266.  Lets assume yesterday was a terrible day, and that number doubles, bringing the total to 2532 total deaths.  The population of Italy is around 60.5 million, not including all the illegals.  

So, 2532 deaths out of a population of 60,500,000.  That means, 1 out of 25,000 have died in Italy.  

And you're telling us that you personally know 5 people who have died from Covid-19?  

Seems legit.   ::)

You're assuming that the number of deaths are evenly spread among age groups and locations.

Isn't Italian Lifter in his 50's - 60's?

Mortality rate for older people is estimated to be higher than 10% according to some articles. And he claims to live in a red zone, so I don't find hard to belive his claim about knowing people who've died from coronavirus.

A back-of-the-envelope calculation tells me that if you know 1000 people, from which 5% is infected, and the mortality rate is 10%, you expect 5 of them to die.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2020, 10:05:59 AM »
Let Primemucus visit all the prisons and all of them will be afflicted w Corona (among other things)

Don’t ever respond to one of my posts with a Primepedo reference again.

I will buy a flame thrower and hunt you and your loved ones down. You’ve been warned.

Carry on.   😁

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2020, 10:08:00 AM »
You're assuming that the number of deaths are evenly spread among age groups and locations.

Isn't Italian Lifter in his 50's - 60's?

Mortality rate for older people is estimated to be higher than 10% according to some articles. And he claims to live in a red zone, so I don't find hard to belive his claim about knowing people who've died from coronavirus.

A back-of-the-envelope calculation tells me that if you know 1000 people, from which 5% is infected, and the mortality rate is 10%, you expect 5 of them to die.

Sorry, but your back of the envelope calculations suck.  There is not a 5% infection rate, and there is not a 10% mortality rate. 

HTH

ProudVirgin69

• Getbig V
  • hardcore redneck electric champion
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2020, 10:11:01 AM »

Less interaction with the public at large, I'd imagine

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2020, 10:11:41 AM »

Yeah, they've been and are locked up.

You need someone afflicted to enter those prisons and things will get rolling.
Q

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2020, 10:14:23 AM »
Have faith in Jesus!

Twaddle

• Getbig V

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Q

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: March 14, 2020, 10:22:19 AM »
Yeah, they've been and are locked up.

You need someone afflicted to enter those prisons and things will get rolling.

So how do we get the strongest strain of Coronavirus into the soggy old queer population of West Linn, Oregon ?

We need to work on this.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: March 14, 2020, 10:26:45 AM »
Sorry, but your back of the envelope calculations suck.  There is not a 5% infection rate, and there is not a 10% mortality rate. 

HTH

You totally missed my point about ignoring age groups and location.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: March 14, 2020, 10:28:53 AM »

Obviously the solution then is to put all the people on TV screaming about the dangers of coronavirus in prison.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: March 14, 2020, 11:35:25 AM »

HTH

To give you some perspective, imagine these two scenarios.

a) You choose at random a +50 years old men living in Africa. The chance of him living with HIV is close to 15%.

b) You take a random person out of the US population. Around 1 million people in the US live with HIV. That's 1 in 327, or 0.3%.

a is 50 times higher than b. That's an increase of 4900%

So, you see, things like age group and location matters a lot. Just like with HIV, coronavirus deaths are not evenly spread among the whole population.