Author Topic: Ragnarok on Netflix  (Read 8730 times)

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
Re: Ragnarok on Netflix
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2021, 05:15:11 PM »
Will watch! Thanks BaybyGBR!

Vikings,Vikings .................. & who told Icelanders ( Ubbe/Ragnar Jr. ?) about Vinland !.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2021, 05:41:47 AM »
Just finished Season 2.  Still loving the evolution of Ragnarok, but why are the seasons so short?  Barely 6-7 episodes per season is not enough!  :(

The casting of this show is a big part of why it works.  It is hard to take your eyes off Saxa and Gry; the guy playing Laurits is as good a Loki as what we see in the MCU.  The gay/bi/trans vibes in the show seem both necessary (Laurits giving birth to the Midgard Serpent) and gratuitous (Iman seducing the Principal).  The pacing of this show and the building of tension far surpasses the MCU Thor films for entertainment value. 

This is a perfect example of less is more.  No big budgets... no huge special effects... no crazy costumes... just good scripts... set in the "real world."  The leading characters are discovering their narratives at the same time the viewer is.  Good stuff!

Bay likey!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2021, 05:46:02 AM »
Just finished Season 2.  Still loving the evolution of Ragnarok, but why are the seasons so short?  Barely 6-7 episodes per season is not enough!  :(

The casting of this show is a big part of why it works.  It is hard to take your eyes off Saxa and Gry; the guy playing Laurits is as good a Loki as what we see in the MCU.  The gay/bi/trans vibes in the show seem both necessary (Laurits giving birth to the Midgard Serpent) and gratuitous (Iman seducing the Principal).  The pacing of this show and the building of tension far surpasses the MCU Thor films for entertainment value. 

This is a perfect example of less is more.  No big budgets... no huge special effects... no crazy costumes... just good scripts... set in the "real world."  The leading characters are discovering their narratives at the same time the viewer is.  Good stuff!

Bay likey!

ALSO Bay!

Did you notice Thor's muscular development from Season 1 to 2???

What an improvement!
Q

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2021, 05:47:58 AM »
ALSO Bay!

Did you notice Thor's muscular development from Season 1 to 2???

What an improvement!

Of course! I mentioned it in a previous post!  Bay likey! ;D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2021, 05:58:47 AM »
Of course! I mentioned it in a previous post!  Bay likey! ;D

What Tier is Thor in Season 2?

And how big will he become in Season 3 you think?
Q

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2021, 05:59:43 AM »
BB related, Magne bulks up in Season 2.

And what a Bulk-up it was! GLORIOUS!
Q

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2021, 06:09:32 AM »
What Tier is Thor in Season 2?

And how big will he become in Season 3 you think?

He has serious potential but he is not in any tier right now.  Needs a lot more food... more time in the oven... and lots more injections.  This is actually a great acting role for a young body builder who is willing to bulk up as the seasons progress.  :D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2021, 06:21:12 AM »
He has serious potential but he is not in any tier right now.  Needs a lot more food... more time in the oven... and lots more injections.  This is actually a great acting role for a young body builder who is willing to bulk up as the seasons progress.  :D

Would be great if he added 20kg per Season! :D

Maybe even growing a beard for Season 3
Q

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2021, 08:33:57 AM »
Would be great if he added 20kg per Season! :D

Maybe even growing a beard for Season 3

Yes and yes!!  I dig it!

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2021, 07:20:26 AM »
Isn't this subtitled or dubbed from some weird foreign language?  That's always too distracting to me (which is sad because I tend to like this kinda stuff)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2021, 08:14:10 AM »
Isn't this subtitled or dubbed from some weird foreign language?  That's always too distracting to me (which is sad because I tend to like this kinda stuff)

I think it is a Norwegian show and yes it is dubbed in English.  It's a good show though, I recommend giving it a try (no homo).

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2021, 10:29:07 AM »

They speak Norwegian but it is subtitled so you can understand without problem.
Q

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2021, 10:32:34 AM »

You can also turn on the English audio track so you hear everything in English... but if Never1 finds all that too distracting then maybe this isn’t the show for him.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2021, 10:34:25 AM »

Bay likey!

True story... Your review of the series is what made me start watching it yesterday. I have 3 episodes left to finish the second season.

"1"

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2021, 10:42:54 AM »
True story... Your review of the series is what made me start watching it yesterday. I have 3 episodes left to finish the second season.

"1"

Sounds like you’ve been binge watching?.  You like?  How do you think this compares to the Thor films?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2021, 10:47:55 AM »
Sounds like you’ve been binge watching?.  You like?  How do you think this compares to the Thor films?

I think it's way better.

The Thor films get away with shit acting & bad story line given the presence of strategically placed masterful actors like Anthony Hopkins, amazing special effects and the fact that Chris Hemsworth is easy on the eyes for most viewers.

Take away the hefty budget and those films would be pretty painful to watch. This series pulls you in and has good story line. The actors are relatively unknown, but look the part and are doing quite well by way of their acting.

Will be sad to finish this second season, but eager to watch season 3 when released.

"1"

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2021, 11:43:32 AM »
Well, I powered through this release. Now another 6-12 months till the next. 6 episodes was kind of light

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2021, 12:58:59 PM »

Damn, no sexy encounters with Swedish backpacking girls since February '20 !. :(

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2021, 01:13:24 PM »
I thought the length (six episodes) was fine.  Not sure what they would fill another four episodes with.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2021, 06:39:05 AM »
I thought the length (six episodes) was fine.  Not sure what they would fill another four episodes with.

6 is enough?  NH

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2021, 06:59:23 AM »
I asked this in the wrong thread...So is this series a bunch of PCBS or not? If it is filled with divershitty I want NOTHING to do with it even if the acting is good.  I also am not a fan of gratuitous sex .  Leave that to the imagination, not to the screen.  I know people engage in sexual relations, I don't need to witness on the screen. FFS, I am not controlled by my hormones.  The series "Penny Dreadful" was filled with sex and I found myself just fast forwarding through that crap. WTF?  Are people so debased that they live only to be voyeurs of the worst kind? FTN.

What's left of 'em! LOL!  So then, is it free of turd world bullshit or not?   Norse gods and goddesses were Nordic not black, yellow, red, brown, purple, green (Sorry Kermit) they were N O R D I C.  If not maybe I can get hired on to  play a crippled caucasion version of Crippled White Sambo for divershitty's sake?  FTN. 

Shit, I've got more films on hand than HBOMax!  I'm home all week for tests and the like and going bonkers! 

We now return you to your regularly scheduled and dignified Getbig thread decorum. ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2021, 08:22:20 AM »
I asked this in the wrong thread...So is this series a bunch of PCBS or not? If it is filled with divershitty I want NOTHING to do with it even if the acting is good.  I also am not a fan of gratuitous sex .  Leave that to the imagination, not to the screen.  I know people engage in sexual relations, I don't need to witness on the screen. FFS, I am not controlled by my hormones.  The series "Penny Dreadful" was filled with sex and I found myself just fast forwarding through that crap. WTF?  Are people so debased that they live only to be voyeurs of the worst kind? FTN.

What's left of 'em! LOL!  So then, is it free of turd world bullshit or not?   Norse gods and goddesses were Nordic not black, yellow, red, brown, purple, green (Sorry Kermit) they were N O R D I C.  If not maybe I can get hired on to  play a crippled caucasion version of Crippled White Sambo for divershitty's sake?  FTN. 

Shit, I've got more films on hand than HBOMax!  I'm home all week for tests and the like and going bonkers! 

We now return you to your regularly scheduled and dignified Getbig thread decorum. ;D

It's not a diverse show. There's maybe 2-3 people of color in the entire series, but they're not lead characters for the most part. Even so, the people of color do a GREAT job. I think one is from Zimbabwe and another is actually Norwegian.

The show is very NORDIC. The main actors are all Norwegian with the exception of 1 that is from Iceland (still Nordic). If you go through the cast of the show, 99% are Norwegian. I really enjoy shows like this, because they give you a fresh group of faces/actors that aren't gift wrapped from Hollywood. I also enjoy other shows with a dystopian feel to them that take place in places like Germany.

"1"

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #47 on: June 03, 2021, 08:40:21 AM »
It's not a diverse show. There's maybe 2-3 people of color in the entire series, but they're not lead characters for the most part. Even so, the people of color do a GREAT job. I think one is from Zimbabwe and another is actually Norwegian.

The show is very NORDIC. The main actors are all Norwegian with the exception of 1 that is from Iceland (still Nordic). If you go through the cast of the show, 99% are Norwegian. I really enjoy shows like this, because they give you a fresh group of faces/actors that aren't gift wrapped from Hollywood. I also enjoy other shows with a dystopian feel to them that take place in places like Germany.

"1"

Thanks One, as stated elsewhere between your thoughts and Kwon's I may well give it go. 

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2021, 09:01:35 AM »
Scotty

Watch it for Thor, Saxa and Rans sake!

Q

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2021, 09:13:41 AM »
You can also turn on the English audio track so you hear everything in English... but if Never1 finds all that too distracting then maybe this isn’t the show for him.

I rather listen to the original with subs than watch failed lip synch.
I understand a bit of Swedish but Norwegian is quite different, altough similar.

Almost quit Dark because of the horrible dubbing. That was a great series too with fantasy related subject but done thru screenplay, not effects.