Author Topic: Wash Post gives White House 'Three Pinocchios' for claiming GOP defunding police  (Read 745 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
I think it was Tucker Carlson who I first heard say that whatever liberals accuse conservatives of doing, liberals are actually doing themselves.  Happens all the time. 

Washington Post gives White House 'Three Pinocchios' for claiming Republicans are defunding police
'White House advisers are trying to turn the tables on the GOP with a new talking point'
By David Rutz | Fox News

Washington Post finally calling for a serious investigation into COVID origins, Rachel Nichols getting replaced as a sideline reporter for the NBA finals, and CNN's April Ryan saying voting rights in the US have 'collapsed' round out today's top media headlines

The Washington Post's Fact-Checker dinged the White House for claiming Republicans were "defunding the police," giving the eyebrow-raising talking point "Three Pinocchios."

Recent remarks by White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki and senior Biden adviser Cedric Richmond had sought to turn the tables on months of some progressive Democrats advocating for slicing or even dismantling municipal police department budgets. Their logic was GOP opposition to the $1.9-trillion coronavirus relief bill passed this year amounted to supporting defunding police, since $350 billion was allocated for state and local government aid.

"Although Republicans all opposed Biden’s coronavirus relief package, no one voted to cut, or defund, anything. Rather, Democrats proposed $350 billion in emergency funds for state and local governments, and Republicans voted against those extra funds. That’s not a reduction," the Post's Glenn Kessler wrote.

President Biden has resisted efforts from the left flank of his party to call for police budget cuts, but the efforts by his White House to shift the label of anti-police to Republicans appeared to demonstrate the damage of even the appearance of that position. Despite the brazenness of the White House's claims, some liberal media figures fell in line with the talking point, Fox News reported last week.

While Biden announced last month he wanted cities to tap the emergency $350 billion fund to hire additional police officers, there was no text in the American Rescue Plan itself that mandated those monies go toward policing, Kessler noted.

"In response to our questions, White House officials said Republicans were 'effectively' trying to defund the police by withholding support for the coronavirus relief package and by proposing to claw back some of the $350 billion in state and local aid amid ongoing infrastructure negotiations," Kessler wrote.

In his conclusion, Kessler wrote there was no line item in the massive coronavirus legislation to attach to White House claims that Republicans wanted to defund police.

"[G]oing strictly by the bill text, lawmakers had no guarantee that police would get a slice of the pie," he wrote. "What’s more, voting against a one-time infusion of cash is not the same as voting to cut funding, so there is little basis to claim that Republicans are trying to 'defund the police.'"

Even before Kessler and others hit Psaki and Richmond for their remarks, Republicans had reacted with outrage at the notion they were for cutting police funding.

"That's like an arsonist showing up at the fire and blaming the fireman," Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, told "Hannity" last week.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/washington-post-white-house-three-pinocchios-republicans-defunding-police

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Semantics
BFD

Repubs opposed giving 350 billion in emergency funding to allow cities to hire more police

A few weeks ago Laura Ingraham said that Congress should defund the military

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Semantics
BFD

Repubs opposed giving 350 billion in emergency funding to allow cities to hire more police

Your dumbass might want to look up why

Dos Equis

• Getbig V

Roll the tape: Republicans release video of all the times Democrats wanted to 'defund the police'
Republican Study Committee circulates greatest 'defund' hits as Democrats try to flip the script
By Marisa Schultz | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-video-democrats-defund-police

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
George Soros funneled $1M to defund the police movement as violent crime continues to surge
by Lawrence Richard, Social Media Writer
July 22, 2021

George Soros has provided financial support to an organization backing the defund the police movement as violent crimes surge across the country.

The billionaire, who regularly backs Democratic congressional candidates and attorneys general, donated $1 million to the Color Of Change PAC, which calls itself the nation’s largest online racial justice organization, according to records filed with the Federal Election Commission and obtained by the Washington Free Beacon.

The sum was Soros’s largest political donation of the 2021 election cycle and supported the PAC’s efforts to slash police budgets.

“The killings of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor and so many more at the hands of police violence have left us all outraged, but our movement is stronger than ever,” the racial justice organization said in a petition calling for action against police departments.

“Now it’s up to us to hold them [the Minneapolis Police] accountable, push for further systemic changes, and not lose the momentum needed to change the institution of policing forever,” it continued.

“We know that policing doesn't keep us safe, communities do. Policing doesn't lead to thriving communities, investment does,” the petition also said. “We must begin to envision the society that functions for ALL of us and we must begin by divesting from and dismantling the systems that unjustly harm Black people.”

Soros’s donation is the latest in a string of financial contributions toward groups or candidates that advocate for defunding the police or that are soft on crime.

The billionaire donated $2 million for the campaign of Los Angeles District Attorney George Gascon, who is facing a recall effort after he announced radical criminal reform changes.

The effort included "an end to cash bail, a ban on prosecutors seeking enhanced prison sentences, and showing leniency to many low-level offenders."

The Democratic megadonor has also funded other local prosecutor races across the country, helping Kim Gardner in Missouri, who released 34 of 36 individuals arrested during the summer riots in her city last year; District Attorney Larry Krasner in Philadelphia, who fired 31 prosecutors from his office and ordered police groups to lower prosecutions dramatically and shorten probation and parole periods; Kim Foxx in Chicago, who ended felony prosecutions for a number of crimes and deferred prison sentences; and Rachael Rollins in Massachusetts, who ran on a platform of decriminalizing an array of offenses.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/soros-defund-police-movements-violent-crime-surge

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I hope 3 is the most you can get.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
I hope 3 is the most you can get.

I think 4 is the most they give.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
This would be funny if it didn't involve people's lives, safety, and property.

Seattle mayor calls for more police after six shootings in one weekend
Mayor Jenny Durkan said Seattle lost 250 officers over the past 17 months
By Andrew Mark Miller | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/seattle-mayor-more-police-six-weekend-shootings

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Federal Government Gives Millions to Group That Supports Defunding the Police
Vera Institute of Justice has received $89 million in contracts and grants this year
Chuck Ross • July 29, 2021
https://freebeacon.com/politics/federal-government-gives-millions-to-group-that-supports-defunding-the-police/

Body-Buildah

• Getbig V
  • Creepy Joe Touches Kids
Washington Demkvntz all need a slow/painful death..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
New Push To Disband Minneapolis Police After George Floyd’s Death
A proposed initiative would install a public safety department that employs a “comprehensive public health approach” and licensed peace officers “if necessary.”
08/09/2021
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/minneapolis-campaign-disband-police_n_611161cce4b0da973b3c0f94

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Roll the tape: Republicans release video of all the times Democrats wanted to 'defund the police'
Republican Study Committee circulates greatest 'defund' hits as Democrats try to flip the script
By Marisa Schultz | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-video-democrats-defund-police

I might give ol' rep Omar a lustful look if she ever takes that dish towel off her dome.
Hmmm, on 2nd thought, probably not. ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Semantics
BFD

Politics aside, ya gotta admit, giving "Pinocchios" sounds a gaywad sex act.
Sounds like  a queer dude shoves his nose up the others a-hole?

As in...I gave Shizzo 3 pinoncchios at the bath house.