Author Topic: F**k yes...it’s official (Larry Elder Running for Governor)  (Read 8814 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: F**k yes...it’s official (Larry Elder Running for Governor)
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2021, 06:39:59 PM »
Two months ago it was 36% for recall, 48% against recall.

Things are tightening up.

https://www.kron4.com/news/politics/inside-california-politics/exclusive-poll-californians-split-on-newsom-as-recall-election-nears/

Man I hope Larry Elder pulls it off.  He just might save that Godforsaken state. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2021, 11:14:12 AM »
Recalling Newsom: Likely California voters split on ousting governor in new poll
Poll indicates Larry Elder the front-runner in race to replace Gavin Newsom in California recall election
By Paul Steinhauser | Fox News
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/recalling-newsom-likely-california-voters-split-poll

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2021, 11:20:45 AM »
Liberal twinks, dopers, lgbtq1234567890!@#$$%^&*(, will never vote to oust their messiahs and kings in office.  GaybayBJ, StrawQueen, et al - you think these fairies are ever going to vote for a black conservative? 

They are the most racist voters in existence.  Liberals will always vote for the power structure that keeps minorities on the mat.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2021, 03:16:49 PM »
Liberal twinks, dopers, lgbtq1234567890!@#$$%^&*(, will never vote to oust their messiahs and kings in office.  GaybayBJ, StrawQueen, et al - you think these fairies are ever going to vote for a black conservative? 

They are the most racist voters in existence.  Liberals will always vote for the power structure that keeps minorities on the mat.

He definitely has an uphill battle, but the lack of voter enthusiasm could be the difference.  From the story:

"Forty-seven percent of likely California voters questioned in the poll said they supported recalling Newsom, with 50% opposed.

But among the wide pool of all registered voters, support for recalling the governor drops to 36%, with 51% supporting keeping Newsom in office."

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2021, 06:18:32 PM »
Closer!   :D

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-07-27/likely-california-voters-now-almost-evenly-split-on-newsom-recall-poll-finds

Even though Democratic voters far outnumber Republicans in California, the GOP’s enthusiasm over the recall promises to inflate the potency of the anti-Newsom vote in September, said Mark DiCamillo, director of the poll. Nearly 90% of Republicans expressed a high level of interest in the recall election while just 58% of Democrats and 53% of independent voters were as interested, the poll found.

“Democrats, at least in the middle of July, almost unanimously believed that Newsom will defeat the recall. I think that may be contributing to some complacency among those voters. Republicans, on the other hand, are confident that they can turn out the governor,” DiCamillo said. “I think the Newsom campaign really has to light a fire among the Democrats and say, ‘Look, the outcome is in jeopardy unless you get out there and vote.’”

Though Republicans account for only about a quarter of all registered voters in California, the poll found that they account for 33% of those most likely to cast ballots in the recall election. Democrats make up 46% of the state’s 22 million voters and “no party preference” voters 24%, but their share of the likely recall voters drops to 42% and 18% respectively, DiCamillo said.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2021, 06:44:39 PM »
100000% Aunt Nancy will make sure newscum is still gov of the shithole

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2021, 07:08:34 PM »
Closer!   :D

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-07-27/likely-california-voters-now-almost-evenly-split-on-newsom-recall-poll-finds

Even though Democratic voters far outnumber Republicans in California, the GOP’s enthusiasm over the recall promises to inflate the potency of the anti-Newsom vote in September, said Mark DiCamillo, director of the poll. Nearly 90% of Republicans expressed a high level of interest in the recall election while just 58% of Democrats and 53% of independent voters were as interested, the poll found.

“Democrats, at least in the middle of July, almost unanimously believed that Newsom will defeat the recall. I think that may be contributing to some complacency among those voters. Republicans, on the other hand, are confident that they can turn out the governor,” DiCamillo said. “I think the Newsom campaign really has to light a fire among the Democrats and say, ‘Look, the outcome is in jeopardy unless you get out there and vote.’”

Though Republicans account for only about a quarter of all registered voters in California, the poll found that they account for 33% of those most likely to cast ballots in the recall election. Democrats make up 46% of the state’s 22 million voters and “no party preference” voters 24%, but their share of the likely recall voters drops to 42% and 18% respectively, DiCamillo said.

He's got a chance.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2021, 02:36:06 PM »
Run Larry . . . Ruuuuuun . . . .

Could Larry Elder Really Replace California Gov. Gavin Newsom?
The conservative radio host leads all other candidates, but a majority will have to reject the incumbent first.
By Jason L. Riley
July 27, 2021

Yard signs calling for the recall of California Gov. Gavin Newsom in Carlsbad, Calif., June 30.
PHOTO: MIKE BLAKE/REUTERS

Why shouldn’t a conservative Republican like Larry Elder be leading the race to recall California Gov. Gavin Newsom ?

Mr. Elder is an attorney, bestselling author, documentary filmmaker and successful talk-radio host who was born and raised in Los Angeles. True, he’s an amateur when it comes to electoral politics, but look at what the professionals like Mr. Newsom, a liberal Democrat, have done to the most populous state.

Crime has climbed in California’s largest cities, while left-wing district attorneys compete to determine who can prosecute the fewest miscreants. The state’s homelessness rate is third highest in the country after Hawaii and New York, and it’s rising, which might have something to do with heavy-handed zoning restrictions and environmental regulations that limit the construction of affordable housing. Californians pay energy bills that are significantly higher than the national average and well above what customers pay in neighboring states like Oregon. Yet millions of residents experienced rolling blackouts in 2019 when a state utility purposely cut off power to avoid wildfires caused by outdated electric lines. And that’s what life was like in this progressive Eden before the pandemic.

Mr. Elder told me in an interview this week that the state’s over-the-top Covid response and the governor’s aristocratic personal behavior probably did more than anything else to put his job in jeopardy. In a CNN interview last year, Mr. Newsom implied that his children, who attend private school, were still learning remotely. In reality, they had returned to in-person instruction months earlier, while the public schools remained closed in deference to the state’s powerful teachers unions.

Nor has Mr. Newsom been able to live down his infamous private dinner at a fancy French restaurant in defiance of his own Covid restrictions, Mr. Elder said. “People are angry that the state was shut down in such a severe way during the pandemic while this man was sitting in a restaurant with lobbyists and healthcare professionals—violating the very mandates they wrote.” It wasn’t the only example of the rules not applying to the governor, said Mr. Elder. Mr. Newsom’s own winery in Napa County remained open last year while he ordered other wineries and businesses across the state to close their indoor operations.

Mr. Newsom won a decisive victory in 2018 with 61.9% of the vote over Republican John Cox. But California happens to be one of 19 states that allows voters to change their mind and remove an elected official—for any reason—before his term ends. In July, California’s secretary of state certified that petitioners had met the signature threshold for triggering a recall election, and voters will head to the polls on Sept. 14.

The ballot will ask two questions: Should Mr. Newsom be recalled and, if so, who should replace him? For the recall to succeed, a majority of voters must support it, but any would-be successor to the governor needs only a plurality. When Californians recalled Democratic Gov. Gray Davis in 2003, they replaced him with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who won 48.6% of the vote.

This election doesn’t have that kind of star power, but it does have Mr. Elder, who says that he’s known well enough throughout the state to win support from people who don’t traditionally vote Republican. “I’ve been on the air 27 years,” he said. “I’m on in every major market, from Sacramento down to San Diego and everywhere in between. And people know me from talking about these issues and writing about these issues for decades.”

Californians are almost evenly split on replacing Mr. Newsom. A survey released Tuesday by the Los Angeles Times and the UC Berkeley Institute of Governmental Studies found that 47% of likely voters support recalling the governor, while 50% say he should stay, a difference that is almost within the poll’s margin of error. Last week, an Emerson College/Nexstar survey reported a similar result, with 43% of respondents saying they would recall Mr. Newsom, and 48% saying they would keep him in office.

In both polls, however, Mr. Elder is the leading choice among dozens of candidates vying to replace the governor. His support was at 18% in the Times poll and 16% in the Emerson survey. His closest rivals, who include Mr. Cox, former San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer, and former Olympian Caitlyn Jenner, are polling no better than 10%.

Still, Mr. Elder remains a long shot. No prominent Democrat is challenging Mr. Newsom. The governor has a sizable war chest, and registered Democrats in California outnumber Republicans by almost 2 to 1. Yet even if the governor does survive, his days in office may be numbered. “The Governor faces trouble ahead,” Emerson reports. “A clear majority (58%) of voters said regardless of the recall, they believe it is time to elect a new Governor in the 2022 election.”

https://www.wsj.com/articles/larry-elder-california-gov-gavin-newsom-recall-election-11627422240?mod=djemalertNEWS

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2021, 08:16:20 PM »
Larry Elder:  well known white supremacist.  lol

The race card seems to be the only bullet liberals have in their gun.  And it's not even accurate about 90 percent (or more) of the time. 

Moontrane

• Getbig V

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2021, 07:13:55 PM »
 :)

Gov. Newsom warns that Republican Larry Elder is only 2 points away from winning California recall election
'Sorry to scare you, but it's true'
CARLOS GARCIA
August 16, 2021
https://www.theblaze.com/news/gavin-newsom-larry-elder-recall

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2021, 07:30:58 PM »
:)

Gov. Newsom warns that Republican Larry Elder is only 2 points away from winning California recall election
'Sorry to scare you, but it's true'
CARLOS GARCIA
August 16, 2021
https://www.theblaze.com/news/gavin-newsom-larry-elder-recall
They will cheat with the mail in voting.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2021, 07:33:03 PM »
Aunt Nancy's got this.. don't worry

THEN when gruesome takes over for good............ WATCH the wrath of hell rain down on all of CA

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2021, 09:04:56 PM »
Orange County, FL connection is in the house here. Local Orlando talk show host Carl Jackson (on WORL 950 The Answer, part of Salem Broadcasting Group) is substituting for Larry Elder on "The Great Elderski's" radio show.   ;D

His show comes on every Wednesday at 7-9 pm EST, after my favorite local conservative talk show hosts "The American Adversaries". Their show is Monday through Friday 5-7 pm EST and 5-8pm on Sunday. But, now their Wednesday show goes until 9 pm to cover for Jackson.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2021, 03:47:46 AM »
I have him in high regard, and i am have not even been in America.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2021, 05:48:22 PM »
There is no limit to the perfidy of the Left.

https://www.politico.com/states/california/story/2021/08/16/federal-lawsuit-challenges-california-recall-as-unconstitutional-1390127

Federal lawsuit challenges California recall as unconstitutional

OAKLAND — Two California voters are challenging the legality of the state’s recall system less than a month before the Sept. 14 election, echoing concerns from constitutional scholars as Gov. Gavin Newsom fights for his political life.

A complaint filed in U.S. District Court for the Central District of California argues that the state's recall provision violates the equal protection clause of the U.S. Constitution by allowing sitting governors to be replaced by candidates who have received fewer votes. The plaintiffs, Rex Julian Beaber and A.W. Clark, want a court order either prohibiting the recall election or adding Newsom's name to the replacement candidate list. Elections officials have already sent millions of ballots ahead of a state deadline today.

Gubernatorial recalls in California involve a two-part ballot. Voters are asked whether to recall the sitting governor, then who should replace the governor. If a majority of voters oust Newsom, whichever candidate receives the most votes on the second question would replace him.

That allows a replacement candidate to be elected with a small plurality — and potentially with far fewer votes than the number of votes cast to keep the current governor. While polls show Newsom in a tight race to stay in office, the leading Republican contender to replace Newsom has consistently registered support from a quarter or less of the electorate. ...

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2021, 06:00:28 PM »
This was the debate that converted Dave Rubin...one of my favorite debates

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2021, 06:12:09 PM »
I got my ballot in the mail today

It's going to be fun watching Newsom win again

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2021, 07:07:38 PM »
I got my ballot in the mail today

It's going to be fun watching Newsom win again

You need your commie twink ass kicked

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2021, 01:38:10 PM »
They will cheat with the mail in voting.

Agreed, I have no doubt that Republicans will attempt to cheat via "mail in" voting

that's their only hope of winning

BTW - do you have any idea how exactly they will "cheat"

Don't worry, I won't tell anyone else

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2021, 01:39:44 PM »
You need your commie twink ass kicked

Typical fascist comment

Go fuck yourself "phony coach"

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: August 18, 2021, 01:41:23 PM »
The only way Newsom loses is if he doesn't get the female vote because women know less than men about political issues, economics, and current events.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #49 on: August 18, 2021, 01:41:34 PM »
Typical fascist comment

Go fuck yourself "phony coach"

Why would you cheer on voting for continued failure and competing for 50th as in last place in so many categories with my communist failed state of NY?