Author Topic: appetite suppression... what helps you?  (Read 5197 times)

pamith

• Getbig V
Re: appetite suppression... what helps you?
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2021, 06:00:23 PM »
Some supplements increase your appetite, helping you eat more

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2021, 07:13:33 PM »
bhanks posts make me throw up so that helps a lot.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 03, 2021, 02:46:59 AM »
WARRIOR DIET By Ori Hofmekler was publish in 2003 !.
Great book.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #53 on: August 03, 2021, 03:16:20 AM »
Hi Wes 🙋‍♀️

What`s up hun...............keep working hard on those cleans.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2021, 03:25:57 AM »
yeah just coffee and fewer meals

and above all staying busy with something i.e. Doing work. Sitting in front of youtube, messageboards or whatever isn't...

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #55 on: August 03, 2021, 03:45:44 AM »
If you have to suppress your appetite you are doing this shit WRONG

If you were training hard you would be asking what to take to stimulate your appetite most guys take ghrelin releasers not appetite suppressants

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: August 03, 2021, 05:55:19 AM »
If you have to suppress your appetite you are doing this shit WRONG

If you were training hard you would be asking what to take to stimulate your appetite most guys take ghrelin releasers not appetite suppressants

so.. being hungry during a diet is all wrong.... id eat a ton if i could without any appetite stimulant....come on now, go somewhere with your bs.., quit typing and let your tendonitis rest.. thats the dumbest shit ive heard in a while... ive eaten 5k calories a day and still been hungry... fat as fuck, gained 35lbs....i was still in the gym training hard....and that was coming from a pretty lean 187lbs.... so when i cut calories to lose bf, i shouldnt be hungry along the way? 

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 03, 2021, 06:05:37 AM »

so.. being hungry during a diet is all wrong.... id eat a ton if i could without any appetite stimulant....come on now, go somewhere with your bs.., quit typing and let your tendonitis rest.. thats the dumbest shit ive heard in a while... ive eaten 5k calories a day and still been hungry... fat as fuck, gained 35lbs....i was still in the gym training hard....and that was coming from a pretty lean 187lbs.... so when i cut calories to lose bf, i shouldnt be hungry along the way?

Cutting calories is not how you long term lose bodyfat you lose bodyfat and make it less of your % by adding muscle to your frame that will burn more calories at your resting metabolic rate. This is why pics matter. How tall are you? If you were 187lbs and lean don't pretend you gained 35lbs of fat training hard and eating because that is bullshit. We need to see how tall and how heavy you are and what age and how long you have been X weight to determine what weight your body wants to be.

If your body wants to weigh 210lbs then you have to make 210lbs your lean bodyweight by adding muscle. Dieting down to a lean 180lbs wont last as your body will just rebound to 210lbs again and again with less muscle each time as you lose it dieting. 

Eat and train for strength and you will eventually get much leaner and more maintainable than you can through starvation "dieting" I eat more than 5k calories daily

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #58 on: August 03, 2021, 06:15:04 AM »

He's not entirely wrong.

You shouldn't be on a "diet".  You should find a style of eating that lets you accomplish your goals, while eating foods you like.

Think of it another way - by looking for a suppressant, you're basically saying you can't lose weight without one, and you will have to use it forever to stay where you want.  That isn't sustainable.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2021, 06:18:33 AM »
what do you fellas use?  i cant seem to diet without one... using some ephedra based shit now.. i dont think its like ma huang back in the day,, but it curbs it... is the prescription stuff worth it?

Eating a low carb, high fat, high protein, mostly animal based diet.  I don't get hungry for 12 to 24 hours.  I eat only when I'm hungry, and I eat until I'm full.  I don't eat anything I don't enjoy.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2021, 06:27:31 AM »
Eating a low carb, high fat, high protein, mostly animal based diet.  I don't get hungry for 12 to 24 hours.  I eat only when I'm hungry, and I eat until I'm full.  I don't eat anything I don't enjoy.

That's pretty much it.

Cycle carbs around exercise if you must.
Y

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2021, 06:27:49 AM »

^^^This^^^

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2021, 06:30:50 AM »
He's not entirely wrong.

You shouldn't be on a "diet".  You should find a style of eating that lets you accomplish your goals, while eating foods you like.

Think of it another way - by looking for a suppressant, you're basically saying you can't lose weight without one, and you will have to use it forever to stay where you want.  That isn't sustainable.

Exactly dude is like what is a good appetite suppressant to get and stay lean meth motherfucking meth but is that really the plan????? Eat and train and you will be lean at a heavier weight

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2021, 07:13:43 AM »
I'd adjust that to "low carb, high fat, moderate protein".

Too much protein just gets converted to glucose which stimulates insulin release which stores fat.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2021, 07:30:49 AM »
I'd adjust that to "low carb, high fat, moderate protein".

Too much protein just gets converted to glucose which stimulates insulin release which stores fat.

True.  For me personally what works best is low carb, high fat, moderate protein to maintain desired body weight and low carb, high/moderate fat, high protein to lose unwanted body weight...works for me probably because of the reduced calories due to reduced dietary fat.

I don't really keep up with macros or measure anything.  I just go for the fattiest cuts of meat and cook in extra butter or bacon grease to maintain desired body weight.  And I go for the leaner cuts of meat and cut back on butter and bacon grease when I want to lose unwanted body fat.

Low carb, high fat, moderate protein works well too to prevent, manage or reverse neurological and mental issues such as depression, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, dementia, etc.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3826507/

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2021, 07:39:29 AM »
True.  For me personally what works best is low carb, high fat, moderate protein to maintain desired body weight and low carb, high/moderate fat, high protein to lose unwanted body weight...works for me probably because of the reduced calories due to reduced dietary fat.

I don't really keep up with macros or measure anything.  I just go for the fattiest cuts of meat and cook in extra butter or bacon grease to maintain desired body weight.  And I go for the leaner cuts of meat and cut back on butter and bacon grease when I want to lose unwanted body fat.

Low carb, high fat, moderate protein works well too to prevent, manage or reverse neurological and mental issues such as depression, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, dementia, etc.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3826507/

What do you do about cholesterol?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2021, 07:56:32 AM »

There's been a ton of studies debunking the link between sat fat and heart disease, as well as the importance of cholesterol in the body.

YMMV of course, but it's worth researching.

Also, lots of stuff against using statins to lower cholesterol.
Y

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2021, 08:13:43 AM »

On a very low carb, high fat diet, triglycerides drop significantly and quickly.  That's very good.

HDL increases.  That's very good too.

LDL ("bad cholesterol") increases.  Is this bad?  It is harmless and it may actually be very good, but only for people on a very low carb, high fat diet:

1. LDL is not a good marker for heart health and mortality.  A much better marker is Triglyceride/HDL ratio.  Just divide your Triglyceride number by your HDL number.  You want it to be below 2.  The lower the better.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2664115/

2. LDL is bad if your LDL particles are small and more dense, even if your total LDL number is low.  This is how people with low LDL still have heart attacks.  A high carb diet will make your LDL particles smaller and more dense.  A low carb, high fat diet makes your LDL particles large and less dense.

3. LDL is bad if your LDL particles get oxidized.  High glucose, from eating lots of carbs, oxidizes LDL particles.  Statins are bad.

4. On a low carb, high fat diet, high LDL can actually be protective and increase your life span.  Statins are bad.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2021, 08:22:51 AM »

This right here.

If you really want to add something to "suppress the appetite", then try provigil.  It is a stimulant, but taken in small doses - 1/4th to 1/2 tab, it will take the edge off any cravings you have.  You don't want to really suppress your appetite, you just want to make sure that what you eat is going to be what you need for the best results and not empty calories.   Garbage In = Garbage Out.  Eliminate the junk in the diet and use "good" junk food to fool yourself into thinking you are eating sweets.  Get the Triple 0 yogurt from the grocery and add a scoop of Beverly International protein powder to it for a cheat snack.  Or sugar free Jello and add BCAA powder to the mixture before letting it set completely.  One thing I do is make my own MuscleEgg type product.  Buy liquid egg whites and Fairfield (or whatever it is called) Reduced Fat chocolate milk at the grocery.  1 cup of liquid egg whites and 1/4 cup of the chocolate milk mixed is great right before bed.  And since there is no taste to egg whites, your brain thinks you are drinking a full glass of chocolate milk.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2021, 08:44:27 AM »
The only legit long term effective appetite suppressant is food

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2021, 08:46:52 AM »
The only legit long term effective appetite suppressant is food

Agreed.

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2021, 10:46:27 AM »
What`s up hun...............keep working hard on those cleans.

I am not focusing on cleans this week, I’m working on abs and lunges.

What did you think of my back pose ? I’m down to 133 lbs and do you think my back is better than bhbank’s ?

I’m also still working on bench pressing with my wrist wraps. Don’t worry Tommy, your 551 record is still safe for now. I’m not sure where to put my feet when I’m benching ?
🙋‍♀️

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2021, 10:49:11 AM »
I am not focusing on cleans this week, I’m working on abs and lunges.

What did you think of my back pose ? I’m down to 133 lbs and do you think my back is better than bhbank’s ?

I’m also still working on bench pressing with my wrist wraps. Don’t worry Tommy, your 551 record is still safe for now. I’m not sure where to put my feet when I’m benching ?
🙋‍♀️

133lb Tranny just stop it women don't post the nasty shit you post

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2021, 11:07:30 AM »
133lb Tranny just stop it women don't post the nasty shit you post

When you were a child the little girls made you feel inadequate.
When you went to school your female classmates made you feel inadequate.
In high school all the girls made you feel inadequate and hate yourself.
As an adult your wife, mother, and mother in law made you feel inadequate.

So in between all that self-hatred you physically assaulted your wife to make yourself feel better about being an ugly, stupid loser.

My success and the attention I receive here must really make you absolutely want to kill yourself.

Proceed…you won’t be missed.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2021, 11:27:33 AM »
There's been a ton of studies debunking the link between sat fat and heart disease, as well as the importance of cholesterol in the body.

YMMV of course, but it's worth researching.

Also, lots of stuff against using statins to lower cholesterol.
I hope this is right.  I have had borderline cholesterol for a while and refuse statins.  I take plant sterols right now.  Tried red yeast rice but was farting constantly.  I love the high fat diet but just want to cover my bases.