Author Topic: Favotite Post Ever On Reddit (Kids)  (Read 1982 times)

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
Favotite Post Ever On Reddit (Kids)
« on: November 29, 2021, 11:43:55 AM »
Posted byu/papersandfilters
4 hours ago
GoldHelpful3Bless UpWholesomeSilverBravo Grande!
Children look like a waste of time, money and energy.

Any time I see one, they’re annoying af. Loud, messy, selfish. Ruin your body, house, life. I love the freedom of being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want, and I don’t have to wipe arse. I don’t see a single benefit in having kids.

I fucking hate kids, I cant comprehend in any way shape or form any benefit to having kids. No matter what reason you have them, think about it, its your selfish reasons why you had kids. Do you think an unborn kid is sitting there thinking hey, I wanna be born? No, its all about you. Fuck stupid kids, waste of money, time, energy and the ability to live life the way you want
"

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: Favotite Post Ever On Reddit (Kids)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 11:49:13 AM »
The primary role in having children, traditionally, is to have them to work for you, especially when you get to be old and feeble. That requirement is long gone. Populations start to shrink as societies get wealthier.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 12:24:05 PM »
The primary role in having children, traditionally, is to have them to work for you, especially when you get to be old and feeble. That requirement is long gone. Populations start to shrink as societies get wealthier.

What time period are you referencing?

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 01:22:23 PM »
I hated kids and never wanted them then managed to impregnate a lass after only 2 months or so of seeing her and had no choice but to adapt. its different when it’s your own something clicks and changes you but if your honest you still find most other kids annoying even when your a parent yourself

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 01:30:03 PM »
Kids are loud and annoying.  Hey. I’d your parents felt the same way you wouldn’t be here. In general they suck the life out of you. I see moms lookin miserable towing around kids strapped to them and in baby carts. They don’t seem happy at all.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 01:48:22 PM »

Right up to the end of the agrarian era in the US- about the late 60's or so. Family size started shrinking then

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2021, 01:55:26 PM »

It's still the case in a lot of 3rd world countries.

The most telling case was in one of the oil rich arab nations. The average number of children for a couple was close to double digits. Oil wealth flowed in and a decade or so later the average dropped to 2 or 3 kids.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 01:59:27 PM »
4 hours ago

Any time I see one, they’re annoying af. Loud, messy, selfish. Ruin your body, house, life. I love the freedom of being able to do whatever I want, whenever I want, and I don’t have to wipe arse. I don’t see a single benefit in having kids.

I fucking hate kids, I cant comprehend in any way shape or form any benefit to having kids. No matter what reason you have them, think about it, its your selfish reasons why you had kids. Do you think an unborn kid is sitting there thinking hey, I wanna be born? No, its all about you. Fuck stupid kids, waste of money, time, energy and the ability to live life the way you want

I know you don't want me to agree with you, BUT, I do when it comes to NOT wanting kids.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2021, 02:01:28 PM »
4 hours ago

It is a good thing some people are 'selfish' enough to reproduce. Otherwise, there would be no human race. It would have begun and ended with Adam and Eve (not that I believe in religious fairy tales).

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2021, 02:03:41 PM »
Kids are annoying. Old people are annoying. Everything in between is annoying. Fuck it all to hell.

Man is a mistake. Consciousness is a mistake.

Read The Last Messiah by Peter Wessel Zapffe. A pretty quick read.

https://philosophynow.org/issues/45/The_Last_Messiah

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2021, 02:07:08 PM »
It is a good thing some people are 'selfish' enough to reproduce. Otherwise, there would be no human race. It would have begun and ended with Adam and Eve (not that I believe in religious fairy tales).

Good point Prime and my wife and I have considered that very idea.
However, in a very real sense, the world has too many people now and it's getting more crowded.

On a global scale, the real problem is too many people, not too few being produced.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2021, 02:08:02 PM »
All of you are going to rot in a nursing home with no next of kin I guess. Reproduction is the basis for all life cycles, are you anti children posters just that selfish or do you lack the courage to go through some uncomfortable things that come with raising a child?

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2021, 02:09:29 PM »

so?
how is that a bad thing?
boy we humans have sure been a good thing for this planet havent we?
"

OAK

• Getbig V
  • "Let Putin do whatever the HELL he wants!"
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2021, 02:17:44 PM »
Having children is the greatest experience in the world. I feel sorry for people who think otherwise.

🙂

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2021, 02:20:29 PM »
Having children is the greatest experience in the world. I feel sorry for people who think otherwise.

🙂

I guarantee one thing
if i had posted having kids is the greatest thing ever
you would have posted having kids is awful

all you do is say the opposite of people on here, thats full on trolling
"

bLuEeYes

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2021, 02:20:51 PM »
Who's gonna inherit my houses and all the money my parents will leave to me  ???

Gonna leave it to the state? or some relative I don't know about? Or a dog association who'll not use it on dogs? I don't like the idea of marriage and all that BS but I'll get married one day just for the sake of having a kid or two to pass my knowledge/ money to.

I'm selfish enough to have kids for that reason and selfish enough to not give them a cent if they behave like shit toward me.

djliftsthings

• Getbig IV
  • RIP Pellius
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2021, 02:22:24 PM »
Who's gonna inherit my houses and all the money my parents will leave to me  ???

Gonna leave it to the state? or some relative I don't know about? Or a dog association who'll not use it on dogs? I don't like the idea of marriage and all that BS but I'll get married one day just for the sake of having a kid or two to pass my knowledge/ money to.

I'm selfish enough to have kids for that reason and selfish enough to not give them a cent if they behave like shit toward me.

absolutely fucking brutal reasons to have kids
"

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2021, 02:25:49 PM »

🙂

Obviously that's true for millions of people over the centuries.
I understand and accept my decision NOT to have kids is right for everyone.

My one pet peeve is that  many people with kids just assume , I need 'em to have a full happy life.

The practical reality is, we need good parents to raise kids and keep society going.
BUT, it's a good balancing point to have some working citizens to remain " child free"

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2021, 02:28:45 PM »
Kids are loud and annoying.  Hey. I’d your parents felt the same way you wouldn’t be here. In general they suck the life out of you. I see moms lookin miserable towing around kids strapped to them and in baby carts. They don’t seem happy at all.

Really !!  Strange as I see Fucking Millions of them all over the world.
Most seem Happy Enough .

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2021, 02:34:17 PM »

I understand your concerns and they are legitimate .

However, I've never seen an estate settled with some selfish relative trying to get more than they deserve.
As soon as the loved one is in the ground, the vultures circle to gobble what's left behind.

Plus, those with adult children assume they will take care  of them when they get old.
Maybe they will, but it's a crap shoot and no guarantee.

If you're lucky enough to live a really old age , you may have some dementia or serious mental decline.
You may become incontinent and need someone to wipe your old ass and change your Depends diaper.
Most children can't handle that and end up having to put their parent in " asst living"  aka nursing home.

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2021, 02:37:47 PM »
Obviously that's true for millions of people over the centuries.
I understand and accept my decision NOT to have kids is right for everyone.

My one pet peeve is that  many people with kids just assume , I need 'em to have a full happy life.

The practical reality is, we need good parents to raise kids and keep society going.
BUT, it's a good balancing point to have some working citizens to remain " child free"

Good point. I apologize, I shouldn't have generalized like that. For ME kids were the right decision but NOT for everyone. There definitely have been days when I felt otherwise  ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2021, 02:41:45 PM »
Good point. I apologize, I shouldn't have generalized like that. For ME kids were the right decision but NOT for everyone. There definitely have been days when I felt otherwise  ;D

Good for you and no need to apologize.

Every lifestyle has its' ups and downs. Enjoy your ride as we only go this way once.

OAK

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2021, 02:45:52 PM »
Good for you and no need to apologize.

Every lifestyle has its' ups and downs. Enjoy your ride as we only go this way once.

Great post. So true!

👍

bLuEeYes

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2021, 02:52:57 PM »
I understand your concerns and they are legitimate .

However, I've never seen an estate settled with some selfish relative trying to get more than they deserve.
As soon as the loved one is in the ground, the vultures circle to gobble what's left behind.

Plus, those with adult children assume they will take care  of them when they get old.
Maybe they will, but it's a crap shoot and no guarantee.

If you're lucky enough to live a really old age , you may have some dementia or serious mental decline.
You may become incontinent and need someone to wipe your old ass and change your Depends diaper.
Most children can't handle that and end up having to put their parent in " asst living"  aka nursing home.

I don't want them to help me in those ways. I don't need their emotional support. I just want respect. If I get to the old age where I have to be taken care of like a baby, I'll just off myself or tell someone to do it for me.

That's the only reason why I'd like to have kids, other than that, they're too much troubles. Alot of sleepless nights, alot of worries for the rest of the man life. Even those who don't care about their kids feel guilty at some point. They're an additional suffering in this world for the man who put them in it.

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2021, 03:01:04 PM »
I will never have kids.