Author Topic: Happy 80 th Vince Basile  (Read 9110 times)

Laurie2

• Getbig I
Re: Happy 80 th Vince Basile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2022, 04:27:06 PM »
Vince’s Birthday cake.
We have been celebrating for a few days, & not finished yet.

Laurie2

• Getbig I
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2022, 04:29:04 PM »
Vince’s Birthday cake.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2022, 05:04:34 PM »
Still putting up big numbers. Happy birthday to you, Vince.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2022, 07:25:37 PM »
Thanks for all the good wishes and also any insults. This is Getbig, after all. We are all getting older and not just Wes! It wasn't long ago that Josh swore that he would kill himself before posting here as an old man. Depends what we call 'old'. I still train my arms hard once a week. Triceps bigger than ever and calves still over 17 1/2 inches. I have way too much safety fat for a bodybuilder. We all swore we would slim down in old age but that is easier said than done. Too many nice desserts and no dieting. Why do I keep my arms large? My hypothesis is that keeping a body part in a state of hypertrophy is the closest we can come to the fountain of youth. Sometimes I train legs. Might do some chest work to prepare to compete in Masters Athletics in the throwing events. I don't subscribe to hormone replacement therapy in old age.

I am fortunate to retain almost excellent health and mobility. Blood pressure a bit high but I just rest more when going on hikes. We all start falling apart when we hit 70. Vision deteriorates, some hearing loss, skin cancers and hair loss, except on back, ears and eyebrows!

One of my ambitions was to reach 80 because Vince Gironda failed to reach that milestone. I don't drink alcohol or do drugs. No aspirins or other medications. Take Vitamin D and sometimes C and a multi. I take Magnesium to avoid having cramps. No special diet and enjoy travelling around to take photos.

Hopefully I will be able to return to Canada next summer. I refused to take the jabs called vaccines. My philosophy of science background served me well over the last 2 1/2 years as I witnessed how most people can be utterly mistaken by what they believe. Most theories in science are usually false or at best partially true. Never forget this.

I live in my factory a couple days a week. I have a small gym here but heaps of old gym equipment that I have yet to sell. I am paying a guy next door to store 8 pallets of equipment for me. Silly me. I end up hording things because I know I can't sell them for what they are worth. I haven't approached any companies to offer any of my inventions to them. I literally don't trust or respect business people. "Trust in God, but tie your camel!" is my philosophy. I still have several designs I will build sometime when I actually do work in my factory instead of editing photos or surfing the internet. What a time waster the net is.

A funny story from Jeff who lives next door to me in a factory I used to own. One year my ex said we were short of money so I sold one of my factory units. I was conned. Anyway, Jeff was talking to this woman on the street and she saw me emerge from my factory. I almost never open the big roller door. She asked Jeff if I was the hermit there!!! LOL at that one. I haven't made any gym equipment since we closed our gym in 2017.

I might one day write my autobiography. I will call it, "Never Trust a Vagina!"

Anyone interested in my photography can view my photos here. They can also be downloaded in the original size for no cost.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66480811@N07/

If some people want to know more about me and my friends they can check my Facebook page out. Today I am accepting everyone who asked to be a friend. Please respect other people and not post their photos here.

https://www.facebook.com/vince.basile.16/

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2022, 07:44:59 PM »
Happy birthday, Vince.

You have always been a good sport on here.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2022, 08:29:13 PM »
Thanks for all the good wishes and also any insults. This is Getbig, after all. We are all getting older and not just Wes! It wasn't long ago that Josh swore that he would kill himself before posting here as an old man. Depends what we call 'old'. I still train my arms hard once a week. Triceps bigger than ever and calves still over 17 1/2 inches. I have way too much safety fat for a bodybuilder. We all swore we would slim down in old age but that is easier said than done. Too many nice desserts and no dieting. Why do I keep my arms large? My hypothesis is that keeping a body part in a state of hypertrophy is the closest we can come to the fountain of youth. Sometimes I train legs. Might do some chest work to prepare to compete in Masters Athletics in the throwing events. I don't subscribe to hormone replacement therapy in old age.

I am fortunate to retain almost excellent health and mobility. Blood pressure a bit high but I just rest more when going on hikes. We all start falling apart when we hit 70. Vision deteriorates, some hearing loss, skin cancers and hair loss, except on back, ears and eyebrows!

One of my ambitions was to reach 80 because Vince Gironda failed to reach that milestone. I don't drink alcohol or do drugs. No aspirins or other medications. Take Vitamin D and sometimes C and a multi. I take Magnesium to avoid having cramps. No special diet and enjoy travelling around to take photos.

Hopefully I will be able to return to Canada next summer. I refused to take the jabs called vaccines. My philosophy of science background served me well over the last 2 1/2 years as I witnessed how most people can be utterly mistaken by what they believe. Most theories in science are usually false or at best partially true. Never forget this.

I live in my factory a couple days a week. I have a small gym here but heaps of old gym equipment that I have yet to sell. I am paying a guy next door to store 8 pallets of equipment for me. Silly me. I end up hording things because I know I can't sell them for what they are worth. I haven't approached any companies to offer any of my inventions to them. I literally don't trust or respect business people. "Trust in God, but tie your camel!" is my philosophy. I still have several designs I will build sometime when I actually do work in my factory instead of editing photos or surfing the internet. What a time waster the net is.

A funny story from Jeff who lives next door to me in a factory I used to own. One year my ex said we were short of money so I sold one of my factory units. I was conned. Anyway, Jeff was talking to this woman on the street and she saw me emerge from my factory. I almost never open the big roller door. She asked Jeff if I was the hermit there!!! LOL at that one. I haven't made any gym equipment since we closed our gym in 2017.

I might one day write my autobiography. I will call it, "Never Trust a Vagina!"

Anyone interested in my photography can view my photos here. They can also be downloaded in the original size for no cost.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/66480811@N07/

If some people want to know more about me and my friends they can check my Facebook page out. Today I am accepting everyone who asked to be a friend. Please respect other people and not post their photos here.

https://www.facebook.com/vince.basile.16/

Happy Birthday.  Hope you got some pussy.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2022, 09:53:27 PM »
Hi Abraham. When I was in university at UBC in Vancouver I had this brilliant idea. Why not try to live a life that no one has surpassed or will equal? Some of my objectives were doomed to disappoint. Chasing tighter pussies isn't always rewarding. Ditto for trying to find love and especially a soul mate. I met one woman on the net who insisted people become soul mates for others and they for us. Not sure that is true. No homo here so women were a big part of my life. I became a funambulist like Arnold, not all that much fun and plenty of danger! That is why I can't criticize his lifestyle. Nowadays I have settled down but my past still haunts me. No one can tell others what to do in life. At best we recall anecdotal experiences and leave it at that.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2022, 09:56:27 PM »
Hi Abraham. When I was in university at UBC in Vancouver I had this brilliant idea. Why not try to live a life that no one has surpassed or will equal? Some of my objectives were doomed to disappoint. Chasing tighter pussies isn't always rewarding. Ditto for trying to find love and especially a soul mate. I met one woman on the net who insisted people become soul mates for others and they for us. Not sure that is true. No homo here so women were a big part of my life. I became a funambulist like Arnold, not all that much fun and plenty of danger! That is why I can't criticize his lifestyle. Nowadays I have settled down but my past still haunts me. No one can tell others what to do in life. At best we recall anecdotal experiences and leave it at that.

I've got some research to do.  Happy Birthday for real Vinny!

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2022, 02:51:24 AM »
Happy birthday vince
Belly and wrap around tits looking fucking massive in the photo with the flowers

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2022, 02:57:43 AM »
Happy Birthday Vince.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2022, 04:36:03 AM »
I am a great admirer of the venerable Vincent Basile. May he continue to drive Goodrum crazy for many more years to come. 🥳

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #36 on: September 22, 2022, 08:54:59 AM »
Happy birthday vince
Belly and wrap around tits looking fucking massive in the photo with the flowers

I'm laughing my ass off at "wrap around tits". Jesus Christ Henda!  Mind if I borrow that line from time to time? 🤣

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #37 on: September 22, 2022, 10:09:57 AM »
Have a good one, Vince! 80 is truly something.  I'll add you are now the ringer for Henry Travers, Clarence the angel from 'It's a Wonderful Life.'  :)

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2022, 10:14:30 AM »
I'm laughing my ass off at "wrap around tits". Jesus Christ Henda!  Mind if I borrow that line from time to time? 🤣

Haha it would be an honour to have you use it my friend

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2022, 11:16:17 AM »
Did you get a card from the guy who came 2nd in the Mr Canada you won?

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2022, 11:23:23 AM »
Great pics Vince, best one of course is Trish's ass at the beach!
Keep breathing defiance!

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2022, 12:17:58 PM »
Did you get a card from the guy who came 2nd in the Mr Canada you won?
   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Mikl_Thor   the third place guy is still around.
F

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2022, 12:56:30 PM »
Happy Birthday Vince!!!!!

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2022, 01:40:58 PM »
Happy birthday!

Gym-Rat

• Getbig V
  • BRUTAL IF TRUE!!
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2022, 03:53:17 PM »
   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Mikl_Thor   the third place guy is still around.

Thats one guy I could never take seriously (musically) when I was a kid and saw his albums in the store.
I couldnt bring myself to buy one. Later on when I heard one of them at a buddies (over beers and bones), I knew it was the right decision...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2022, 04:45:19 PM »
About the Mr Canada 1970 contest. Ben Weider upped the fee to promote the contest. No promoter back east in Toronto or Montreal wanted it so there was no contest in 1969 or 1971. Ray Beck paid so the contest was in Vancouver…first time held outside Ontario or Quebec. One competitor came from Montreal but no one from Ontario so it wasn’t well represented so the locals had a good opportunity to win or place. We also had a contest for BC, Washington and Alaska but no top bodybuilders from Seattle showed up. I ended up winning both contests. Ken Rivard trained in the same gym as me but he disappeared when he didn’t win and I left Canada in January 1971 so lost touch with all those guys. John Mikl won in 1973 and Walter Milner won in 1975 I believe. Walter was a high rise window cleaner and died when he fell doing his job.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2022, 12:30:07 AM »
Happy Birthday Vince !!   :)

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2022, 10:01:11 AM »
About the Mr Canada 1970 contest. Ben Weider upped the fee to promote the contest. No promoter back east in Toronto or Montreal wanted it so there was no contest in 1969 or 1971. Ray Beck paid so the contest was in Vancouver…first time held outside Ontario or Quebec. One competitor came from Montreal but no one from Ontario so it wasn’t well represented so the locals had a good opportunity to win or place. We also had a contest for BC, Washington and Alaska but no top bodybuilders from Seattle showed up. I ended up winning both contests. Ken Rivard trained in the same gym as me but he disappeared when he didn’t win and I left Canada in January 1971 so lost touch with all those guys. John Mikl won in 1973 and Walter Milner won in 1975 I believe. Walter was a high rise window cleaner and died when he fell doing his job.
You are one of the only Getbiggers to have ever won a contest and you get ripped for it. :D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2022, 10:46:49 AM »
You are one of the only Getbiggers to have ever won a contest and you get ripped for it. :D
I have always backed up Vince about his win........it`s in the bodybuilding history books.....nuff said!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2022, 10:48:58 AM »
Have a good one, Vince! 80 is truly something.  I'll add you are now the ringer for Henry Travers, Clarence the angel from 'It's a Wonderful Life.'  :)
Doc,how ya` been old buddy......I missed you....no homo.

All the best pal.