Author Topic: King Kamali: What did Chick & Disgusted do?  (Read 13222 times)

AVBG

Re: King Kamali: What did Chick & Disgusted do?
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2006, 09:13:02 PM »
It would be nice if a couple of guys like Milos, me and some of the other guys who have experience in this field would maybe talk on the subject more, but it's not going to happen on this board bro. Too many idiots.  :(   ;D

Dont tar us all with the same brush.  >:(

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2006, 09:17:40 PM »
Dont tar us all with the same brush.  >:(

Sorry  :(  I'll use a new one for you.  ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2006, 09:19:58 PM »
It would be nice if a couple of guys like Milos, me and some of the other guys who have experience in this field would maybe talk on the subject more, but it's not going to happen on this board bro. Too many idiots.  :(   ;D

Too many idiots??? Here on THIS board?? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Say it aint so, Jimmy..

AVBG

« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2006, 09:22:11 PM »
Sorry  :(  I'll use a new one for you.  ;D

Cheers.  ;)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2006, 09:32:54 PM »
Too many idiots??? Here on THIS board?? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Say it aint so, Jimmy..

OK, it isn't so and oh, I just won the lottery, but sadly I don't think either one will ever be true.  ;D Hope you had a good time on your honeymoon.

Rottmag

« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2006, 11:11:58 PM »

That's a shame. Would a' been a great read.

Serious question: Why all the secrecy among the industry "gurus" when it comes to pre-contest carb loading, drying out, carb depletion, fluid depletion, sodium manipulation etc .. .. ..

I mean, isn't it a fact that there is NO one correct way to do this that'll work on everone? Doesn't it vary from individual-to-individual, all things considered? Why not be upfront about it?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: October 10, 2006, 11:58:35 PM »
That's a shame. Would a' been a great read.

Serious question: Why all the secrecy among the industry "gurus" when it comes to pre-contest carb loading, drying out, carb depletion, fluid depletion, sodium manipulation etc .. .. ..

I mean, isn't it a fact that there is NO one correct way to do this that'll work on everone? Doesn't it vary from individual-to-individual, all things considered? Why not be upfront about it?

I don't mind answering questions and there really aren't any secrets, but the tuff part is close to the show and knowing when and how to change things up to keep losing bodyfat. Then comes the last 10 days or so when it seems that not too many guys can bring someone in dry. So I guees if there are any secrets is knowing when and how to adjust the program for that particular person. For example, I worked with King for the Montreal show for one week. Then I had two weeks for the AC show. I did things totally different for each show. The end result was that King was a tad bigger and a tad leaner for the last show. Mind you now that I am talking about last minute contest prep with very little time to do anything drastic so the changes were small, but there. The was enough time to lose a tad bit of fat and no time to put any real size on so I tried to have him come in fuller.

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #107 on: October 11, 2006, 06:02:36 AM »
Great work you did w/Kamali for the Montreal show w/the limited anount of time you had to work w/him for that show.Everyone knows he sat out the Mr O but why did he sit out the grand prix tour?Wouldn't it have been beneficial for you both to have him qualify early for the Mr O in regards to your working w/him?

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: October 11, 2006, 06:09:26 AM »
I think it would be more beneficial to king to qualify with high placing or a win at one of the smaller shows during the spring.  He needs to gain some much needed respect from the fans.
-

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: October 11, 2006, 08:16:26 PM »
I don't mind answering questions and there really aren't any secrets, but the tuff part is close to the show and knowing when and how to change things up to keep losing bodyfat. Then comes the last 10 days or so when it seems that not too many guys can bring someone in dry. So I guees if there are any secrets is knowing when and how to adjust the program for that particular person. For example, I worked with King for the Montreal show for one week. Then I had two weeks for the AC show. I did things totally different for each show. The end result was that King was a tad bigger and a tad leaner for the last show. Mind you now that I am talking about last minute contest prep with very little time to do anything drastic so the changes were small, but there. The was enough time to lose a tad bit of fat and no time to put any real size on so I tried to have him come in fuller.
I'd guess that king looks better with more fat than sugar in his diet the final few days personally...

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #110 on: October 11, 2006, 08:32:32 PM »
For people like me ( the extremely carb sensitive) I have learned to use fat to stay full as well. I do use a small amount of carb (most dry oatmeal) but for the most part utilize the fat from the beef to fiil me out. I guess itake the Lee approach as to where i just roll into a show without changing anything. Cardio the whole way up tp the show and no carb up. If it aint broke why fix it?  Are there any other carb sensitive competitors out there? If so ple comment and share your knowledge on coming in shredded.
-

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: October 11, 2006, 08:54:30 PM »
I'd guess that king looks better with more fat than sugar in his diet the final few days personally...

Yeah and I think ths applies to more than just King. Look how many guys over carb and always come in spilled and or flat. It baffles me as to how some guys can keep making the same mistakes many times over.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #112 on: October 11, 2006, 09:47:12 PM »
I'm sure we could have a productive discussion even on this board. Problem is not many want to share so much, Disgusted is maybe an exception.. seen him share a bunch good stuff on promuscle. I'm sure if someone starts a serious thread with some good info we can get a nice discussion going.

Disgusted, are you against diuretics always? Do you think test can be kept in all the way to the show or is it best to drop it to come in dry?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 11, 2006, 09:56:13 PM »
I'm sure we could have a productive discussion even on this board. Problem is not many want to share so much, Disgusted is maybe an exception.. seen him share a bunch good stuff on promuscle. I'm sure if someone starts a serious thread with some good info we can get a nice discussion going.

Disgusted, are you against diuretics always? Do you think test can be kept in all the way to the show or is it best to drop it to come in dry?

Not against them, but there is no need to abuse them if you know how to peak fo a show.

Like to run prop up until 3 days out and sometimes even suspension all the way till show time. People worry too much about this drug or that drug. Dieting correctly is the key. I've seen plenty of guys who are pretty hard and dry 2 weeks out while using GH and test.

Billy Knockout!

• Getbig II
« Reply #114 on: October 12, 2006, 06:25:52 PM »
This is one of the few thread's about Kamali that Shawn did'nt pop in and offer his two cents.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #115 on: October 12, 2006, 06:37:23 PM »
Thanks Mike. I was VERY impressed at how lean you got and you were very dry too. Awesome job.

thanks D!

(AND THANK YOU LARRY! ....LLES)

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #116 on: October 12, 2006, 10:02:13 PM »
Did shawn use s guru or did he do his prep himself?
-