Author Topic: King Kamali: What did Chick & Disgusted do?  (Read 13223 times)

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
Re: King Kamali: What did Chick & Disgusted do?
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2006, 01:17:49 AM »
I'm not certain but I'm guessing Crystal Meth mixed in bottled water and sipped. Can't get that in a health food store.

yup thats what it was....Although i don't know what Tony P did, this guy was from the east coast and only did a few pro shows....I won't say his name(95% won't know it anyway) but he got his pro card at the USA's as a middleweight...

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: Chick what exactly did you do to King?
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2006, 02:30:49 AM »

Brought waist down to create illusion of bigger arms/ legs, etc.

Chick. You are very good trainer.Because it was true, his arm looked bigger than before.
Just I give you a very big prop and earned my big respect as a trainer.
Fix Kamalis phisic like this is very impressive.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2006, 02:47:18 AM »
I have no problem with telling exactly what I did for King since what I did was based specifically on what needed to be done. Sadly most on here will either say BS or will not appeciate the info that I give, but some will so here it is.

Mon. thru Wed he did zero carb with mod fat in the form of steak and one salad daily consisting of 1 TB olive oil. Thur thru Sat. no carb and no fat. (OUCH) just chicken breasts. He ate 6 meals per day. Did 2 hours of cardio Mon thru Thur. On fri and Sat I did give him one steak early in the day as I did not want him to fade away. I kept his water intake high until later Sat night. On Sun morn he had about 4 very small carb meals up until about noon. Sips of water all morn long. Sodium was kept kind of high on Thur. and Fri. and low on Sat but NOT zero. BTW, I started working with King on Mon of last week.

I have known King for 6 years and have NEVER offered to help him unless he asked. So I guess that I was just waiting around for 6 years to get a chance to dry King out.  ::) I have been in the game for over 20 years and to be honest I do this for fun and I really have no interest in becoming famous or rich from training people. I have turned down over 15 so far this year.
Steak is one of the best foods the final few days IMO.

Couple of questions...

How much water are we talking per day up until the cut out?

What was the carb source on the sun morning? were they mixed protein/carb meals?

VGalanti

• Pros
  • Getbig III
  • COOL
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2006, 05:09:09 AM »
I spoke with disgusted on the phone yesterday , and after what he told me about his plan with king....i think we are going to see a better package for next year.
ANIMAL

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2006, 05:26:43 AM »
He'll never win a show.  Not with the amount of emerging talent with much better structure.

Still, if his arms get bigger he might not be so much of a trainwreck.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2006, 05:44:22 AM »
King looked pretty damn good.  There are haters everywhere who will say different but the man looked good.  Give the guy credit for the hard work.  Glad to see him make the improvments.

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #56 on: September 06, 2006, 05:59:08 AM »
King looked pretty damn good.  There are haters everywhere who will say different but the man looked good.  Give the guy credit for the hard work.  Glad to see him make the improvments.

Actually most of the haters here think he looked better and admitted it.

Many of us disagree with his placing above wolf but that has been proven to at the very least be legitimately debatable.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #57 on: September 06, 2006, 06:00:41 AM »
So Tamali is using Disgusted , aka a dude from the internet to be his guru ???

huh

Stranger than Bob Chick doing pre contest prep
L

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #58 on: September 06, 2006, 06:01:41 AM »
Chick- What were the exact changes made to Kings training/nutrition regimen the last week before the Montreal? How on earth can somebody change their physique so dramatically in a one week period?
LASIX

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #59 on: September 06, 2006, 06:02:43 AM »
L

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2006, 06:11:49 AM »
Disgusted is a stand up guy and he is definitely one you'd want in your corner. King did exactly what Disgusted ask of him and they were a good team. Props to both of them for showing that if you stick to a game plan it works.
Elevate Your Image.™

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2006, 06:27:35 AM »
Good job King and Disgusted.  Cant wait to see KING next year onstage!!
Well, is he doing the Olympia?
What happened with him and Joe McNeil?
Truly STOP WHINING

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2006, 07:32:16 AM »
Great job Disgusted!!

dknole

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2006, 07:55:46 AM »
Ron it actually took me 13 hours.  >:(  I'll need about a week to recover. Thankfully the boarder guys were out of rubber gloves.  ;D

um why not just fly? a plane ticket is only a few hundred bucks, you probably spent a lot in gas, tolls, foods, etc, so why not be more expedient and fly in for the show?

TorontoRaptorsFan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2006, 08:18:36 AM »
I believe the person who did the best job in getting a bodybuilder into shape for the Montreal show was Chuck Rudolph. Chuck helped Quincy Taylor for the Montreal show.

Chuck has lots of great advice on his website.

www.cutdiet.com

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2006, 09:01:16 AM »
um why not just fly? a plane ticket is only a few hundred bucks, you probably spent a lot in gas, tolls, foods, etc, so why not be more expedient and fly in for the show?

Last minute ticket would have been about $1000 and a ticket was offered, but I really didn't mind driving escpecially considering the reason.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2006, 09:03:06 AM »
In any case bro good job. I'm still confused about Bob helping King and you helping King and King being a seven year veteran Pro and not knowing what to do himself but...

He was much improved and I know you had a hand in it and so did Bob. Props to both.

Question: No veggies? What about fiber and greens?

Some veggies and salads. I'm sure that most guys could ge themselves into great contest shape but it is the last week of drying out that confuses most guys.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2006, 09:06:25 AM »
I have no problem with telling exactly what I did for King since what I did was based specifically on what needed to be done. Sadly most on here will either say BS or will not appeciate the info that I give, but some will so here it is.

Mon. thru Wed he did zero carb with mod fat in the form of steak and one salad daily consisting of 1 TB olive oil. Thur thru Sat. no carb and no fat. (OUCH) just chicken breasts. He ate 6 meals per day. Did 2 hours of cardio Mon thru Thur. On fri and Sat I did give him one steak early in the day as I did not want him to fade away. I kept his water intake high until later Sat night. On Sun morn he had about 4 very small carb meals up until about noon. Sips of water all morn long. Sodium was kept kind of high on Thur. and Fri. and low on Sat but NOT zero. BTW, I started working with King on Mon of last week.

I have known King for 6 years and have NEVER offered to help him unless he asked. So I guess that I was just waiting around for 6 years to get a chance to dry King out.  ::) I have been in the game for over 20 years and to be honest I do this for fun and I really have no interest in becoming famous or rich from training people. I have turned down over 15 so far this year.

c'mon dude, dont you wanna be the next Chad Nicholls..lol ;D  seriously, you should make something big out of your knowledge
Get Big, or Die Trying

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2006, 09:07:29 AM »
Steak is one of the best foods the final few days IMO.

Couple of questions...

How much water are we talking per day up until the cut out?

What was the carb source on the sun morning? were they mixed protein/carb meals?

1.5 gallons and increased slowly to 2.5 the day before. Cut it at arond 11pm but still drank small amounts in the morning. Oatmeal and pancakes. (small amounts)  ;D Personally I don't think that it did much but make him feel a little better. Looking back I would have just given him some fat. He a very carb sensitive.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2006, 09:11:23 AM »

c'mon dude, dont you wanna be the next Chad Nicholls..lol ;D  seriously, you should make something big out of your knowledge

I've done my share of training people over the years and I am not free.  ;D I just got burned out latley. Trained about 12 people last year and about 6 of them at once. Some were local so my weekends were pretty well loaded up. I also have a job so add to that training and trying to post on Getbig  ;D and it doesn't leave much time for the wife.  :'( I am just streamliining it way down this year.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: September 06, 2006, 09:15:51 AM »

what drugs did you have tamali on?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 06, 2006, 09:16:33 AM »
Great job Disgusted!!

Thanks Mike. I was VERY impressed at how lean you got and you were very dry too. Awesome job.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2006, 09:21:11 AM »

transporting drugs is easier by car -> no bag search

ARMZ

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2006, 09:21:27 AM »
Team Disgusted..

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: September 06, 2006, 09:27:15 AM »
transporting drugs is easier by car -> no bag search

Really??  I've been to Canada before and the last time I was there I was made to stand 20 feet from my car while a guy searched my gym bag and luggage then my trunk.