Author Topic: Police State - Official Thread  (Read 993373 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Police State - Official Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2011, 08:16:11 AM »
What is funny is that people like Benny, mal, Blacken, et al attack me endlessly for attacking Obama.   what they dont grasp is that obama is part of the police, tyranny, authoritarian  police state, than anyone.   

Because obama has darker skin than bush, these I D I O T S like benny, mal, blacken, straw, etc, think he has their interests at heart.  They are suckers and dupes.   People like Judge. Nap., RP, Celente, etc know the deal, yet because of racial alliegiance, the suckers still follow obama.         

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2011, 08:25:03 AM »
What is funny is that people like Benny, mal, Blacken, et al attack me endlessly for attacking Obama.   what they dont grasp is that obama is part of the police, tyranny, authoritarian  police state, than anyone.   

Because obama has darker skin than bush, these I D I O T S like benny, mal, blacken, straw, etc, think he has their interests at heart.  They are suckers and dupes.   People like Judge. Nap., RP, Celente, etc know the deal, yet because of racial alliegiance, the suckers still follow obama.         

I've got an aunt that loved Obama, it boggles my mind.  What's truly strange, is the worse Obama gets or the stranger his policy the more she supports him.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2011, 08:33:46 AM »

You get so convoluted when you try to tie shit to the left.

Just because you really want something to be doesn't make it so.

You should be more honest with yourself.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2011, 08:35:22 AM »
I've got an aunt that loved Obama, it boggles my mind.  What's truly strange, is the worse Obama gets or the stranger his policy the more she supports him.

1 My dad called me last night.  Cops has a check point in yonkers last mnight license and reg.  My dad is like 65 y/o old school - and said to the cop -

" Whats going on a hostage sitation?"   told me the cop was totally rude to him and my mom and was a dick about the the license and registration, etc.  my dad has busted his ass his whole life and the thought of some pofs cop being rude to him makes me want to take that asshole out on the spot.   i'm sick of cops.  99.9% of them are pofs assholes in need of getting KTFO'd for about 5 months straight, and then, maybe they get their badge back.   I say this as someone who knows dozens of cops and go to their houses for BBQ's etc.   I know cops who stage drug busts to frame people, place guns on scenes, rip security cameras out wall to hide the assaults they commit on people, hide in the squad car, etc.

If someone is looking for me to be sympathetic to cops - sorry charlie.    When I see these lazy grossly overpaid thugs with guns get out of the car and treat the general public with some dignity and respect, I will change my mind.      

Did you ever see My KRS 1 thread on obama?

He nailed it more than anyone.

Check this out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2011, 08:36:44 AM »
You get so convoluted when you try to tie shit to the left.

Just because you really want something to be doesn't make it so.

You should be more honest with yourself.

Yawn - Sheriff Dupmick, DA Niphong anyone?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Anything to support state authority, right Beach? ::)

Nope.  Never said that. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
bb is pure neocon but doesn't even know what that means, what do you expect?

Neither do you nor a lot of other people.  So now it means "police state"?  lol . . . .

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #82 on: May 15, 2011, 09:01:33 AM »
If you want to argue that the US is a police state, the biggest piece of evidence is the incarceration rate.

No one on Earth now or in history has put its people in prison like us. It really is out of control.
G

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: May 15, 2011, 09:04:46 AM »
If you want to argue that the US is a police state, the biggest piece of evidence is the incarceration rate.

No one on Earth now or in history has put its people in prison like us. It really is out of control.

Agreed 10000000000000000000000%

Its totally ridiculous.   Jail needs to be reserved for violent criminals ans little else.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 15, 2011, 12:28:08 PM »
Teacher cleared of sex assault reveals his nightmare
dailymail.co.uk ^ | 5-15-11 | Katie Silver

A PE teacher falsely accused of molesting a 12-year-old schoolgirl has spoken of his pain at telling his children he was going to be arrested.

Sean Lanigan was pulled out of a class in Fairfax, Virginia, and told he was going to be arrested for allegedly carrying out the offences.

In reality his 'crimes' had been invented and the schoolgirl bore a grudge against him.

Despite being cleared of all the offences, the teacher’s $125,000 legal fees still haven’t been repaid by the state and he is struggling to get his life back.

The young girl claimed that the teacher had taken him into the gym and said he was going to ‘treat her like a Queen’ and briefly groped her.

This line, it turns out is a lyric from one or her favourite music bands, the Ataris.

He had told his ‘victim’ off for being abusive on the school bus and the girl apparently told her friends: ‘Mr Lanigan’s a jerk. I’m going to make him pay.’

When it came to trial, the jury took only 47 minutes to decide he was not guilty. Such a short deliberation in a child sex abuse case is extremely rare.

They described it as an ‘easy decision’ since ‘there was no evidence.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #85 on: May 15, 2011, 12:31:05 PM »
unreal

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: May 15, 2011, 12:42:47 PM »
Raw video: Sheriff's Office interview on fatal SWAT raid
KGUN9 ^ | 5/13/2011 | Jim Shields, Forrest Carr

________________________ ________________________ ________

This week, KGUN9 News reporter Joel Waldman interviewed Pima Co. Sheriff's Department Lt. Michael O'Connor about the shooting of Jose Guerena, who died last week when a SWAT team tried to serve a search warrant at his Tucson home. The victim's wife Vanessa has stated that neither she nor her husband knew that the people breaking into her home were deputies. She said that her husband, who pointed a rifle at deputies, was only trying to defend himself. Guarena never got off a shot. But SWAT team members fired a total of at least 71 rounds, leaving the home riddled with holes. Ms. Guerena was hiding in a closet at the time with one of the couple's children. Neither was hurt.

A clip of raw video from that interview is presented in the Video Gallery at left. Below are selected quotes from the interview.

O'Connor: "This case involves a narcotics conspiracy case, which means that we are looking for a lot of different narcotics related material. That can be drug ledgers, scales, anything that would be in furtherance of this narcotics conspiracy. And it involved all four residents that we were looking at in that quarter mile of so of each other."

(Excerpt) Read more at kgun9.com ...

________________________ ________________________ ___________

I hope this woman bankrupts the city and every pofs cop in that whole county personally for what they did.     

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: May 15, 2011, 12:49:11 PM »
http://www.kgun9.com/story/14643812/this-case-involves-a-narcotics-conspiracy-case-which-means-that-we-are-looking-for-a-lot-of-different-narcotics-related-material-that-can-be-drug?redirected=true#

Unbelievable.  And cops wonder why the geneeral public hates them?   GMAFB.   Bitches and Bullshitters w Badges.   

Until a few of these happen - nothing will change.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #88 on: May 15, 2011, 01:01:14 PM »
Teacher cleared of sex assault reveals his nightmare
dailymail.co.uk ^ | 5-15-11 | Katie Silver

A PE teacher falsely accused of molesting a 12-year-old schoolgirl has spoken of his pain at telling his children he was going to be arrested.

Sean Lanigan was pulled out of a class in Fairfax, Virginia, and told he was going to be arrested for allegedly carrying out the offences.

In reality his 'crimes' had been invented and the schoolgirl bore a grudge against him.

Despite being cleared of all the offences, the teacher’s $125,000 legal fees still haven’t been repaid by the state and he is struggling to get his life back.

The young girl claimed that the teacher had taken him into the gym and said he was going to ‘treat her like a Queen’ and briefly groped her.

This line, it turns out is a lyric from one or her favourite music bands, the Ataris.

He had told his ‘victim’ off for being abusive on the school bus and the girl apparently told her friends: ‘Mr Lanigan’s a jerk. I’m going to make him pay.’

When it came to trial, the jury took only 47 minutes to decide he was not guilty. Such a short deliberation in a child sex abuse case is extremely rare.

They described it as an ‘easy decision’ since ‘there was no evidence.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Insane, this person will never truly get his life back and will always carry the stain. (And the little shit that accused him will probably claim in the future she's been "traumatized" by the whole process).

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 15, 2011, 01:03:35 PM »
I blame all levels of law enforcement for shit like this.  I had it happen to a friend of mine who was ultimately cleared on appeal, but it ruined his life.   

I handled all the way up to trial, and the cops and DA were unbelievable in how they handled it.  Truly disgusting.   

Presumption of innocence my ass.     

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #90 on: May 15, 2011, 01:07:38 PM »
33 do you have inquest panels in NY for cases were cops are involved?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: May 15, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
33 do you have inquest panels in NY for cases were cops are involved?

I don't handle that much criminal stuff.  my buddy was framed by a corrupt detective looking for a huge civil settlement for his lying daughter and it was obvious.   the DA's knew it was bogus and just pushed it along and the daughter lied her ass off the stand and the judge bougt it.

It was tossed outr on appeal and upon a tape later surfacing showig it was impossible for him to have done it.   It was unbelievable. 

Honestly - I have ZERO respect for 99% of cops, DA's, law enforcement in general.

Most law enforcement in this country is nothing more than a well financed street gang and organized crime cartel.   
________________________ _____________________-

San Ramon officer delays plea to charges stemming from CNET scandal
By Robert Salonga
Contra Costa Times
Posted: 05/13/2011 10:04:48 AM PDT
Updated: 05/13/2011 12:02:05 PM PDT

Click photo to enlarge
San Ramon police officer Louis Lombardi arrived in Department 20 courtroom in Martinez, Calif....«1»MARTINEZ -- A San Ramon officer's newly hired attorney delayed a plea Friday to corruption charges in a growing scandal involving the sale of drugs stolen from police evidence.

Louis Lombardi, 38, became the latest law enforcement member ensnared in a widening corruption probe when he was arrested last week and his Discovery Bay home searched. Prosecutors charged him with five felonies May 6, alleging he sold drugs to confidential informants and embezzled cash, drugs and guns from police seizures.

Lombardi appeared in a Martinez courtroom Friday wearing a gray pinstriped suit and was clean-shaven; he had a mustache when he was arraigned. His next scheduled court appearance is May 19 in Walnut Creek alongside three defendants who have been previously charged. He has hired Concord-based attorney Dirk Manoukian.

"I'm anxious to see the discovery and separate fact from fiction," Manoukian said outside a Martinez courthouse. "Mr. Lombardi is anxious to look at the discovery and start sifting through it."

Lombardi is free after posting $500,000 bail last week; prosecutors have asked the court to determine if that money was illegally obtained. He declined to answer reporters' questions and remains on administrative leave from the San Ramon Police Department.

His arrest was part of an ongoing, wide-ranging investigation by both the District Attorney's Office and state Department of Justice that surfaced with the February arrests of Norman Wielsch,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
former commander of the Central Contra Costa Narcotics Enforcement Team (CNET), and Christopher Butler, a former Concord-based private investigator. Wielsch and Butler are accused of multiple felony counts based on allegations they conspired to sell drugs confiscated in police raids.

Wielsch's attorney, Michael Cardoza, said last week that Lombardi's arrest was connected to Butler's activities but his alleged crimes appear to have stronger ties to Wielsch and CNET. Lombardi was a CNET agent from 2004 to 2009 during his tenure with the Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office.

Prosecutors say Lombardi stole money from at least three seizures, and in 2007 solicited a confidential informant to burglarize a building that he had executed a search warrant on to steal money. Prosecutors have asked the court to keep secret the identity of several informants they say Lombardi has threatened.

Since his drug arrest, Butler has also been charged with conspiring with former Danville officer Stephen Tanabe based on allegations they set up men for DUI arrests to tarnish their standing for upcoming divorce and child custody hearings. Tanabe has also been served with drug and bribery charges.

Butler, 49, Wielsch, 50, and Tanabe, 47, are all out on bail and have pleaded not guilty to their charges. All three served on the Antioch police force in the 1990s. Lombardi, authorities said, became friends with Butler from his mutual connection to Wielsch.

On Wednesday, it was revealed that in a typewritten confession of sorts that has not been released publicly, Butler accused Wielsch of using his expertise and influence as head of CNET to run a short-lived brothel out of a Pleasant Hill storefront between 2009 and 2010. Wielsch's attorney said it was Butler who operated the brothel and that the allegation was offered as a way to negotiate a lighter prison sentence.

Robert Salonga covers public safety. Contact him at 925-943-8013. Follow him at Twitter.com/robertsalonga.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: May 15, 2011, 01:24:18 PM »
Here is a pic of the marine these disgusting assholes gunned down.   I wish I were on that jury - I would pull the lever myself.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2011, 09:41:43 AM »
In bad economy, drivers buckling under traffic tickets
St. Pete Times ^ | Monday, May 16, 2011 | By Michael Van Sickler, Times Staff Writer

________________________ ________________________ __

Rosemary Smith saw the motorcycle cop's flashing lights behind her, and her eyes immediately started to well up.

She was going 17 mph over the speed limit and faced a $256 fine, the officer told her after she pulled into a parking lot off Fourth Street N.

As she fought back tears, her life story spilled out. She was a full-time college student, her only income from part-time work as a bank teller. She had a wedding coming up in November.

"I've got house bills to pay," said Smith, 21, visibly shaken as she clutched the wheel of her blue Saturn. "I'm freaking out."

Motorists complaining about tickets is nothing new for traffic cops. But officers say they are sensing growing distress.

"A day doesn't go by when I don't see someone cry," said Officer Mauricio Steffek. "They can't believe how much the ticket costs. They'll tell me, 'Give me a break. I don't have a job now. I'm falling behind the mortgage or car payments.' "

Once a minor, if stressful, inconvenience, the everyday traffic citation is becoming a life altering breaking point for many.

And more and more, drivers aren't paying them — creating a ripple effect in city and county budgets across Tampa Bay.

In St. Petersburg, the money collected from traffic tickets has dropped from $681,000 in 2008 to $494,214 in 2010. It's projected to dwindle even further this year — despite the fact that police handed out 1,500 more tickets last year than they did in 2008.

"It's a drastic drop that means we have to find revenue from other places," said Tim Finch, St. Petersburg's director of budget and management. "It makes it tougher on other departments."

Pinellas County has seen its ticket revenue fall by $700,000 in two years. In Tampa, police estimate they will bring in $900,000 less than they did in 2008. In Hillsborough, fine collections are down nearly $3 million since 2008.

"It's directly related to the economy," said Hillsborough Clerk of Courts Pat Frank. "People are being more cautious because they can't afford it. And police officers are more reluctant to give out tickets when the fines are more costly."

In recent years, Florida's tax adverse politicians have raised fees to generate new revenue. Traffic law-flouting motorists are a tempting target because they don't garner public sympathy.

State lawmakers in 2009 approved new measures to produce more than $63 million, all from the pockets of wayward motorists. Included: a new $10 charge on all traffic infractions, cutting an 18 percent discount for attending traffic school, and a $25 increase for exceeding the speed limit by 15 to 29 mph.

Local governments tack on more charges. In Pinellas County, for instance, each citation can get assessed an extra $30 for court costs; $3 for driver education safety programs; $3 for teen court; and $2 to pay for public safety applicant screenings.

Tickets range from $62 for a bicycle infraction to $456 for traveling 20 to 29 mph over the limit in a school or construction zone. If a driver is hit with multiple violations, such as speeding, not wearing a seat belt and having an expired tag, fines can climb to nearly $700.

In times like these, a ticket can be a severe blow to those living paycheck to paycheck.

Officers have the discretion to waive the ticket if they think the driver would be better served with a warning. Traffic cops like to say it's about public safety, not the money.

On a recent Tuesday morning, Steffek listened to Smith's tale of woe. He called up her driving history. Clean. He decided to waive the fine.

"It would have been hard for me to pay," said Smith, grateful and smiling.

As she drove away, Steffek said he had imagined himself in her predicament.

"She was shaking really bad," he said. "She was scared."

• • •

Pain felt by drivers is so evident their biggest supporters are often the cops who stop them.

"Our deputies feel that because of the way the economy is, they give out a lot more warnings," said Detective Larry McKinnon, Hillsborough sheriff's spokesman.

Same with Pinellas.

"We're very aware of some of the cost," said spokeswoman Marianne Pasha. "If there is an opportunity to write a warning, rather than write a citation, that's what we'll do."

In many cases, deputies won't write multiple citations like they did in the past. If someone with a clean driving record is caught speeding without wearing a seat belt, McKinnon said, they'll be cited for a seat belt violation.

"We're more tolerant," he said. "People have lost their jobs and are struggling. A lot of times you'll see families in the car. How do you write someone a $700 ticket when they have a carload of kids?"

Empathy comes with a price.

Pinellas is on track to write 2,000 fewer tickets than it did two years ago. Hillsborough tickets dropped by 40,000 from 2008 to 2010. Not all of that stemmed from deputies waiving tickets, McKinnon said.

The other reason also is economic: There are fewer deputies out there writing tickets.

In St. Petersburg, police are handing out more tickets than ever, but fewer people are paying, said Lt. William Korinek, who oversees traffic enforcement.

"People are saying that the tickets are too expensive," Korinek said. "For the most part, they're not criminals. They're people like you and me, average people going about their day. "

On a recent Tuesday, Chris Robinson, a retired 64-year-old, was running errands when he was stopped for speeding.

He was going 48 mph in a 35 mph zone. The fine: $206.

"I can't pay it," Robinson said as his shoulders sagged and he cradled his face in his hand. "I'm on a fixed income. It's going to kill me."

Fined drivers can pay the full sum within 30 days, or spread the fine out in six monthly installments.

An increasingly popular option: People can work off the debt with community service.

"Economic conditions are driving that," said Hazel Bure, director of the court and operational services at the Pinellas County Clerk of Court. "The traffic fines are very high."

Drivers calculate the hours they need to work for a nonprofit by dividing the fine by the $7.25 hourly minimum wage. A $206 fine would be almost 29 hours. The fine isn't waived until the courts get a verification letter from the nonprofit.

The option is a boon to groups like Habitat for Humanity. Since 2008, the nonprofit has seen the number of people volunteering to pay off tickets double to about 12 a week, said Kevin Klucas, the group's volunteer coordinator.

"It works well for us, and hopefully becomes a good experience for them, too," Klucas said.

While some turn the experience into a productive one, officials say others let a ticket disrupt their lives. If a fine isn't paid, a motorist's driver's license is suspended, a misdemeanor that can mean going to jail. The state doesn't track the number of suspended licenses, but some law enforcement officers say there has been a rise.

A look at Pinellas County jail records show that more than 7,000 people were processed for that charge since 2005.

The majority of those were people arrested on the charge for the second or third time.

• • •

During rush hour last week, Steffek and fellow St. Petersburg Officer Chris Dort stopped more than a dozen drivers in two hours. Nearly everyone fretted about the fine.

"I work hard and make just enough to pay my bills," said Bob Samples, a 47-year-old restaurant worker facing a $206 speeding ticket. John Zurek was looking at $256 for going 17 mph over the limit. A 20-year-old St. Petersburg College student who recently quit his job at a sandwich shop, Zurek said he didn't know where he'd get the money.

Whatever strain motorists are feeling, it may only get worse.

St. Petersburg officials are installing red light cameras to catch offenders and will likely start handing out $158 tickets this summer. Hillsborough County already does. Tampa soon will.

"I feel bad for some of these drivers," Dort said. "People are busy. They're running around, trying to make ends meet. It's real rough out there."

________________________ ________________________ _________

I'm so sick of these asshole cops.   They pull the same shit near me and harass people over everything. 

We have illegals all over the place they dont do dick about yet bust balls from people coming to and from work.   

figures - lazy fat disgusting pofs cops attack easy targets instead of addressing real crime.       

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #94 on: May 16, 2011, 09:44:21 AM »
I can just about find weekly stories of this type of thing.

Cops called for help with threatening phone call. Cops show up and shoot family dog dead.

Family Dog Killed By Police Officer

Erie Police Officer Feels Threatened, Shoots German Shepherd

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...47/detail.html

ERIE, Colo. -- A call for help to police ends with a family dog getting shot and killed by the responding officer.

Brittany Landis called Erie Police after she said she got a threatening phone call. She said she was on her porch with her two dogs, a 4-year-old German shepherd and an 11-year-old golden retriever, when Officer Jamie Chester approached through her neighbor's yard.

"As soon as I saw him, the dogs also saw him and started just trotting over there, not rushing over there, not barking, not growling, just curious," said Landis.

"The two made contact, eye contact, and the officer put his hand on his weapon," said neighbor Andy Feero. "He said something to the dog, motioning her not to move and then he started walking backwards."

Landis said she called her dog back.

"I said, 'Ava, nein!' -- our German Shepherd was trained in German," said Landis.

Nein is German for no.

"She heard me. She turned and looked at me and the police officer shot her," said Landis. "I started screaming, 'Oh my God! What did you do? What did you do?' He came towards me and said, 'Ma'am, I had to do it. I had to do it.'"

Neighbors Call Shooting 'Senseless'

"It was a senseless shooting. I didn't hear any barking noises out of her until she got shot," said Feero. "I saw the weapon come out and he let her have it -- (from) six feet away."

According to Erie police Lt. Lee Mathis, Chester perceived a threat to his safety and shot the dog to avoid personal injury. Mathis said the officer reported the dog was baring her teeth and had her hair standing up. He told 7NEWS officers have no obligation to get bit by a dog before protecting themselves.

"Before shooting, did the officer say anything?" asked 7NEWS reporter Marshall Zelinger.

"Nothing. No warning. No, 'Get control of your dog.' Not, 'You get your dog or I'm going to shoot,'" said Landis. "To me, that's scary. You have a police officer out on the force that is that quick to draw out his deadly weapon. That's scary."

Family Took Dog To CSU Vet For Necropsy

Landis told 7NEWS the dog's body was taken to Colorado State University for a necropsy. She said she was told Ava was shot through the back.

"I was told it severed her spinal column. And it went through her liver and her lungs; it ended up in abdomen, so it hit a lot of vital organs."

Mathis told 7NEWS the bullet went through the left shoulder of the dog.

"I want justice for my dog, for my family," said Landis.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2011, 10:00:40 AM »
Like I said - I used to respect law enfocrcement and cops.   No longer.   I really consider them to be 99% pofs no different than the rude scum at the DMV. 

I grew up with one asshole pofs thug who has 5 police brutality civil lawsuits against him for beating the piss out of people.  it has cost the city hundreds of thousands of dollars in settlements.   

Guess what - the jerkoff was promoted to detective. 

I have another friend who is a cop who has broken his hand five times on peoples faces, most of which were cuffed at the time.  He was promoted to detective despite a ton of terrible crap he has done.   

Its awful.   Most people who dont know what goes on think its like Mayberry.  Its not, most police departments are publicly financed street gangs and little else.   

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2011, 10:16:40 AM »
Like I said - I used to respect law enfocrcement and cops.   No longer.   I really consider them to be 99% pofs no different than the rude scum at the DMV. 

I grew up with one asshole pofs thug who has 5 police brutality civil lawsuits against him for beating the piss out of people.  it has cost the city hundreds of thousands of dollars in settlements.   

Guess what - the jerkoff was promoted to detective. 

I have another friend who is a cop who has broken his hand five times on peoples faces, most of which were cuffed at the time.  He was promoted to detective despite a ton of terrible crap he has done.   

Its awful.   Most people who dont know what goes on think its like Mayberry.  Its not, most police departments are publicly financed street gangs and little else.   

At worst they get suspended WITH PAY. wow, what a punishment. ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2011, 11:47:34 AM »
You can find weekly stories about good cops too. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: May 16, 2011, 08:22:50 PM »
Skip to comments.

Long Arm of the Law Penalizes Texans Who Nab Catfish by Hand
WSJ ^ | 16 May 2011 | ANA CAMPOY
Posted on May 16, 2011 10:54:28 PM EDT by Palter

State Noodles With Decriminalizing Fish-Grabbing; Watch Out for the Tail

Brady Knowlton believes it's his inalienable right as a Texan to shove his bare hand into the mouth of a 60-pound catfish and yank it out of a river.

But wrestling a flapping, whiskered giant as it latches onto your arm with its jaws isn't among Texas's accepted methods of capturing fish. It is, rather, a class C misdemeanor, with fines of up to $500.

So Mr. Knowlton, a 30-year-old-private citizen, oilman and outdoor enthusiast here, is pushing a bill in the state Legislature to legalize hand fishing, also known as noodling, grabbing or hogging. Noodlers go into the water, then reach into holes, hollow tree trunks and other underwater nooks to find the fish.

Nothing beats "the heebie-jeebies you get underwater, in the dark, with this little sea monster biting you," he says. He recalls that his arm looked like "the first stage of a chili recipe" after his first noodling experience about 15 years ago. Catfish are equipped with bands of small but very abrasive teeth.

The bill swam easily through the state house, but now rod-and-reel anglers are speaking up against the proposed law, currently in the state Senate.

They say noodling is unfair to the fish, since they're grabbed in their burrows without a chance to swim away.

(Excerpt) Read more at online.wsj.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2011, 07:57:14 PM »
Dupnik won't release more info about SWAT shooting of Tucson man
Arizona Daily Star ^ | May 17, 2011 | Fernanda Echavarri
Posted on May 17, 2011 10:17:28 PM EDT by george76

The Pima County Sheriff’s Department will release no more information about the circumstances surrounding the killing of Jose Guerena during the serving of a search warrant by the department’s SWAT officers May 5 at his home.

Two weeks after the shooting the department has yet to disclose exactly what they were searching for in the Guerena home ...

On May 5, five members of the SWAT team fired 71 shots at Guerena while serving a search warrant at the 7100 block of South Redwater Drive. He was shot 60 times.

The 26-year-old former Marine was sleeping at about 9:30 a.m. after working the graveyard shift at Asarco’s Mission Mine when his wife woke him saying she heard noises outside and saw a man was at their window.

(Excerpt) Read more at azstarnet.com ...