Author Topic: Anybody buying The Wrestler on DVD?(possible spoilers)  (Read 4077 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Anybody buying The Wrestler on DVD?
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2009, 09:16:30 AM »
i dont think so...in my head

Honestly, I don't think of it that way either.  I think he went on with his life, miserable as it was, for a few more years.  Died in his trailer playing the video game.... :-[

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2009, 10:40:31 AM »
I think he went out right then and there

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 03:47:07 AM »
It's kinda like the last episode of the Sopranos. One can envision a happy ever after ending of their own. Or deduce that Ram had a fatal heart attack and Tony got whacked.

If Randy died at the end, then at least he died doing what he loved doing and in the only place that he felt he really belonged. He went out on his own terms.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2009, 04:43:34 AM »
Whether he died or not is dependant upon box office & DVD sales. If the receipts come up healthy, so does he.
It's Hollywood folks. The lack of fresh ideas means, you gotta leave room for a sequel. Get with the program.  :P
w

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2009, 11:33:36 AM »
Whether he died or not is dependant upon box office & DVD sales. If the receipts come up healthy, so does he.
It's Hollywood folks. The lack of fresh ideas means, you gotta leave room for a sequel. Get with the program.  :P

good point......but do you think he deserved best actor?

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2009, 11:44:34 AM »
no way this leads to a sequel.  But i agree that hollywood is out of fresh ideas.  I mean ffs they are remaiking footloose, fame and several other movies. 

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2009, 12:22:02 PM »
I hope this type of ending doesn't become the new thing in Hollywood. Whether popular or not, it caused quite a stir and a lot of debate in The Sopranos, and with this movie being critically acclaimed, I wonder if a lot of future producers and directors will copy this open ended finale to movies.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2009, 01:06:31 PM »
I think he went out right then and there

shut up..

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2009, 07:50:10 PM »
shut up..

why the hate?.I just gave my opinion.....I think he died....what do you think??..why you putting me down?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2009, 08:34:19 AM »

why the hate?.I just gave my opinion.....I think he died....what do you think??..why you putting me down?

Ram Jam (lord thats a gay name) dosent kill the Ram...It kills the guy getting Rammed.

Na but seriously. I fooking hate sad ass endings. Gladiador didnt die in my mind either, Nor did Arnold in End of Days.