Author Topic: Favorite chest workouts  (Read 8327 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: Favorite chest workouts
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2009, 03:32:19 PM »
incline dumbell
flat dumbell
hammer strength incline
hammer strength flat
flyes incline
cable crossovers (if u have a decent amount of chest mass

Way too much overlap and volume for one workout. Any gains are made despite, not because of this.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2009, 03:57:33 PM »
Way too much overlap and volume for one workout. Any gains are made despite, not because of this.

what do you attribute to someone's workout looking similar to that and having a great chest.Yea let me guess genetics.or it would be an even better chest if they did the workouts you prescribe to. :-\
DAWG

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2009, 03:59:50 PM »
bb bench press
incline db press
dips
flyes

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2009, 04:09:48 PM »
what do you attribute to someone's workout looking similar to that and having a great chest.Yea let me guess genetics.or it would be an even better chest if they did the workouts you prescribe to. :-\

The onus is on you to produce detailed proof of someone with a great chest using something like this workout. Not that common.

My "prescribed" workouts reflect also the workouts i've read on many of the top guys over the years as well as my own experiences over the decades.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2009, 05:45:18 PM »
When I actually worked out, It was Flat Bench, Incline Bench, dumbell flyes (flat or inclined), then Superset Pec Dec and Dips. The last exercise gave a huge pump.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2009, 07:11:41 PM »
The onus is on you to produce detailed proof of someone with a great chest using something like this workout. Not that common.

My "prescribed" workouts reflect also the workouts i've read on many of the top guys over the years as well as my own experiences over the decades.

Look no further than Arnold Schwarzenegger.A volume man With arguably the best chest ever.
DAWG

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2009, 07:26:11 PM »
Look no further than Arnold Schwarzenegger.A volume man With arguably the best chest ever.

First of all his routines didn't have the overlap i mentioned.

Also most aren't aware that his volume and frequency decreased during size-building off-seasons. Just like other guys like Oliva; less sets, less frequency, higher weights when building size. Still did volume but not to the extent he's known for.

The higher volume workouts he's known for were precontest cutting routines for refinement, not for size.

mademan80

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2009, 01:42:39 AM »
Use the most weight that can be done in the 6-12 rep range.

thanx bro...i like to stay b/t the 8-12 rep range...i dont feel like im doing enough if i go lower than 8

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2009, 10:47:33 PM »
I dunno pump this worked for me...
choice is an illusion

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2009, 11:27:14 PM »
I dunno pump this worked for me...

I know mes, but as i said before we'll never know whether half of that would've worked just as well.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2009, 05:11:24 PM »
i have tried to do less...
but for me in regard to chest
... volume all day ... if i do less... feels life ive done nothing
makes it dense and big.... and with even striations when tensed.. maybe the volumn helps with cuts as i dont do cardio or diet i dunno... but it works for me
i'll throw up some recent proper pics soon
choice is an illusion

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2009, 06:03:23 PM »
i have tried to do less...
but for me in regard to chest
... volume all day ... if i do less... feels life ive done nothing
makes it dense and big.... and with even striations when tensed.. maybe the volumn helps with cuts as i dont do cardio or diet i dunno... but it works for me
i'll throw up some recent proper pics soon

What i'm reading is that the volume:

-Helps with cuts and refinement  - as i've said and agree with.

-Helps psychologically, because you've believed in it a long time.

Neither of those means it's better for size. Also and as i've said before, with less volume there should be a little more intensity per set, which should make the muscles feel close to the same post-workout.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2009, 01:26:04 PM »
i have tried doin less before.. didnt do a thing for me...
i built my chest with
volumn volumn volumn
choice is an illusion

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »
i have tried doin less before.. didnt do a thing for me...

No offense man but i don't find you credible. The idea of less volume was only proposed a short time ago, which means you really didn't give it a serious shot. You really didn't and now i don't believe you. Face it you've got a big-time bias in favor of what you already like-that's the reality.

Me, i've been there done it both with volume and without. What i'm absolutely sure of is that the muscles are just as sore now as when i was wasting time with more work than was necessary. The results are just as good now, probably better.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2009, 01:42:14 PM »
No offense man but i don't find you credible. The idea of less volume was only proposed a short time ago, which means you really didn't give it a serious chance in terms of time. Face it you've got a big-time bias in favor of what you already like-that's the reality.

Me, i've been there done it both with volume and without. What i'm absolutely sure of is that the muscles are just as sore now as when i was wasting time with more work than was necessary. The results are just as good now, probably better.

oh you bitch ass guy...why you delete my request for a picture. im just trying to see how your crediblity is on the training board you bitch ass punk ass guy

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2009, 01:49:34 PM »
oh you bitch ass guy...why you delete my request for a picture. im just trying to see how your crediblity is on the training board you bitch ass punk ass guy

Major pumpster obsession lol i'm in your head big-time, calm down. Stick to contributing training info, assuming you train kid.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2009, 02:50:05 PM »
personally speaking.......

9 working sets (ten tops)

3 flat/3 incline/3 DB incline...maybe 2 or 3 heavy db flys

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2009, 02:53:24 PM »
personally speaking.......

9 working sets (ten tops)

3 flat/3 incline/3 DB incline...maybe 2 or 3 heavy db flys

That's about perfect if each of those sets is done intensely.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2009, 02:58:56 PM »
Major pumpster obsession lol i'm in your head big-time, calm down. Stick to contributing training info, assuming you train kid.

you can check the 100+ photos i put on here and see i train

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »
you can check the 100+ photos i put on here and see i train

You can't be smart-this is a training forum, what do pics have to do with your training expertise that you're just about to share?

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2009, 03:03:01 PM »
Dude called me a poser...

Fam..poser...you seen my life..its open as hell. I dont hide shit. You seen my family, training, build..i dont have to pose...i just asked the mod of the training board to post a pic to proove he trains...and you act like a punk bitch..and seriously...what are you gonna teach me

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2009, 03:03:38 PM »
Dude called me a poser...

Fam..poser...you seen my life..its open as hell. I dont hide shit. You seen my family, training, build..i dont have to pose...i just asked the mod of the training board to post a pic to proove he trains...and you act like a punk bitch..and seriously...what are you gonna teach me

Ya, and you're cool as you've told us...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2009, 06:56:08 PM »
No offense man but i don't find you credible. The idea of less volume was only proposed a short time ago, which means you really didn't give it a serious shot. You really didn't and now i don't believe you. Face it you've got a big-time bias in favor of what you already like-that's the reality.

I asked about low volumn training for ARMS... well lower tahn i used to and im still using low volum for arms that seems to be working out at the mo.. les stress on the elbows... also nice and full
choice is an illusion

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2009, 06:57:52 PM »
I asked about low volumn training for ARMS... well lower tahn i used to and im still using low volum for arms that seems to be working out at the mo.. les stress on the elbows... also nice and full

There you go, then you can't say it doesn't work then and might want to consider it for other things.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2009, 07:08:53 PM »
i hear what ur sayin i dont know about chest... like i said my chest is quite good .. i just tried it for arms becausse like they say u can never have arms that are too big... but im a learner ..so i LISTEN  to whetever info is cast my way
ok for legs...
whats your take on legs.. a lot of people say do high reps.. some say low...
what do you think.. and also whats your legroutine...
choice is an illusion