Author Topic: pullovers or dips  (Read 21601 times)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
Re: pullovers or dips
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2006, 10:19:02 PM »
as far as hitting the chest specifically i would say dips. but i still prefer pullovers as dips seem to irritate my elbows

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2006, 10:29:33 PM »

Everyone knows that "basic kinesiology" is very out-dated,

:o  Really  :o
Gosh, I wonder why dozens of universities throughout the U.S. and Canada offer it as a degreed program AND it's growing.   :o  What a shame all those recent graduates are obsolete already.

If you weren't talking to me, then don't quote me then go and make snide remarks below it. 

Get over yourself.
:

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: June 03, 2006, 01:03:03 AM »
I don't care what any of ya say..bench dips with weight absolutely fry my triceps...not as good as skull crushers,but they still are very effective...for me at leaste.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #53 on: June 03, 2006, 02:57:12 AM »
"Balls" confirming both SERIOUS anger-management issues and big-time know-all attitude.
hahahahhahahahhahahahhah aha

LOL, what a neandrathal.   

BallzDeep69

« Reply #54 on: June 03, 2006, 02:59:44 AM »

:o  Really  :o
Gosh, I wonder why dozens of universities throughout the U.S. and Canada offer it as a degreed program AND it's growing.   :o  What a shame all those recent graduates are obsolete already.

Get over yourself.

Like, OmiGosh, Because like they make millions off of your tuition, duh...  Totally...  AND wow glad you made sure to capitalize the AND!  Wahahahahaha!!  So totally defiant with your Uber bitchy attitude!  Like, are you on your period?  Thanks for the laugh! :D (totally)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #55 on: June 03, 2006, 06:29:11 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't care what any of ya say..bench dips with weight absolutely fry my triceps...not as good as skull crushers,but they still are very effective...for me at leaste.

Bench dips don't get the recognition they deserve as the best compound exercise for isolating the tris, and they do not hurt the shoulders like regular dips can. Bench dips or close-grip benches are the best compounds to do along with extensions, from my experience.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: June 03, 2006, 06:30:40 AM »
   Really 
Gosh, I wonder why dozens of universities throughout the U.S. and Canada offer it as a degreed program AND it's growing.     What a shame all those recent graduates are obsolete already.

Get over yourself.

Like, OmiGosh, Because like they make millions off of your tuition, duh...  Totally...  AND wow glad you made sure to capitalize the AND!  Wahahahahaha!!  So totally defiant with your Uber bitchy attitude!  Like, are you on your period?  Thanks for the laugh!

What a dink-now he's going to set us straight on university programs! We're very lucky to have a true genius here with us, albeit one in need of anger-management and socialization.

Best to ignore this dufus; obviously attention-starved with no content. ;)

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: June 03, 2006, 08:32:21 AM »
If anyone has access to a 'V' shaped dipping bar than the ability to do extra wide to very narrow dips (and anything in between) is present. This way you can find which hand position affects which body part the best, weither it be pecs, delts or triceps. And as suggested before, if some way you can do dips with the knuckles forward than a different influence is felt on the pecs.  Can also do bench dips with a 'V' bar with  the legs  raised on a bench, box, etc.

If a pair of gymnstic rings are used than so much the better. A whole new slant on pec work as well as delt & triceps, will be offered. Just muscle up or use a high bench, ladder, etc, to get in the position of dipping. A great all around upper body exercise. Not used much these day's by BB'ers, don't know why.

Speaking of positions: I will have to agree with the exciting, endearing and always lovely Princess L. Kinesiology 101 is still a strong bases of any future study on human function, preformance and adaptability. Prime course in most schools. Except liberial art's colleges, but they don't count for much anyway (just my view). Good Luck.

Side Bar: Any position the lovely Princess L want's to take is OK with me.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #58 on: June 03, 2006, 10:10:19 AM »
If anyone has access to a 'V' shaped dipping bar than the ability to do extra wide to very narrow dips (and anything in between) is present. This way you can find which hand position affects which body part the best

I've not seen one of those.  Makes so much sense.  duh
If a pair of gymnstic rings are used than so much the better. A whole new slant on pec work as well as delt & triceps, will be offered.

Again, makes so much sense.  Good idea / reminder for those with access to those tools.  I mean, look at male gymnists  - whether you like the look or not, ya gotta appreciate the physique and strength and power.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #59 on: June 03, 2006, 10:18:53 AM »
Thanks for the laugh! :D (totally) 
Anytime
:

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2006, 10:28:25 AM »
bitch shut up...dips are worthless unless done on a bench with plates on your lap when done for triceps.   and pullovers are a shitty chest developer, and add tons of width to your front lat spread when done correctly

LOL ;D

BallzDeep69

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2006, 05:42:41 PM »
What a dink-now he's going to set us straight on university programs! We're very lucky to have a true genius here with us, albeit one in need of anger-management and socialization.

Best to ignore this dufus; obviously attention-starved with no content. ;)

Dink?  Dufus?  ::NERD ALERT!::

Let me guess, I'll bet your name's something like "Poindexter". 

You remind me of T.J. from the movie Grandma's Boy.  "I..Am..A..Genius!"  Hahahahah!

Thanks man, I needed that laugh! :D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2006, 05:46:08 PM »
Excellent contributions to our training knowledge. These are screams for help.. ;)

BallzDeep69

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2006, 06:15:17 PM »
Oh yeah, you're right... 

Let me just stop beating around the bush so you no longer need to question me, here ya go.

HELP ME AHHHHHHHH!!!!!  THIS IS NO DOUBT A CRY FOR HELP!  PLEASE HELP ME NOW!

There now shut up biatch!  ::)

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2006, 05:02:46 AM »

Yes, I have inner pecs or "chest cleavage".  You would too if you worked your chest effectively and from different angles.

I will quote this cause it's a funny. I'm considering to mark you as a candidate for the Noble Price in Physiology or Medicine.

The pecs is build out of three parts,
pectoralis major, you divide this one in two parts,
sternal; greatest part; clavicular small upper part,
pecatoralis minor, also a small one, also knows as lower pecs or something similar, but that aint correct,
it's actual a small vertical muscle connecting the shoulder to the ribs.

The chest cleavage is a combination of genetics, tendon, low fat and muscle mass.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #65 on: June 04, 2006, 05:10:09 AM »
I'm considering to mark you as a candidate for the Noble PRIZE for English/grammar and writing.

Ok, all science aside. 

I workout and build my chest up with some decent size, only when I add in dumbell flyes and squeeze the shit outta my pecs do my inner pecs pop out.  My overall development is basically the same, only the inner chest doesn't pop until I do dumbell flyes, and I finally have that prominent outline, square look to my chest.  Body fat exactly the same. 

Please explain this if there is no possible way to put more stress in the inner area of your pec...?

Charles Glass would have a field day with a guy like you.  8)

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #66 on: June 04, 2006, 06:13:23 AM »
Charles Glass ;D
A genetic freak with some medical help.

Show me the innerpecs.
Fibers from left to right, who all contract or relax at once. Do you really want to claim that you can contract the rightpart more that the middle or leftside. Really? Don't believe all those so-called guru's.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2006, 06:54:22 AM »
Theory is one thing, but very clearly certain exercises emphasize certain parts of muscles, there's no doubt. Every so often someone will claim that due to anatomy that isn't possible, yet it happens.  ;)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2006, 07:10:55 AM »

LOL, what a neandrathal.   

that's kind of a compliment!  ;D

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2006, 07:13:33 AM »
Bench dips don't get the recognition they deserve as the best compound exercise for isolating the tris, and they do not hurt the shoulders like regular dips can. Bench dips or close-grip benches are the best compounds to do along with extensions, from my experience.
i think bench dips are awesome... but narrow grip presses (hands about 14 inches apart) own them all day... nothing has worked better for me... just old school triceps

narrow grip presses (free weight barbell)
skull crushers with a straight bar (it hurts my wrists, but i feel it more
and overhead single arm dumbbell extensions...

nothing fancy

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 04, 2006, 07:35:47 AM »
but narrow grip presses (hands about 14 inches apart) own them all day... nothing has worked better for me... just old school triceps

narrow grip presses (free weight barbell)
skull crushers with a straight bar (it hurts my wrists, but i feel it more
and overhead single arm dumbbell extensions

Bench dips, close-grips, dip machine are all equally great. Along with extensions the best IMO.

Skull crushers are an inferior version of extensions to behind the head. Trying a few grips will find something that is an improvement on a straight bar, which is hard on the wrists and doesn't allow the use of as much weight. Amongst the following, something better can be found: two hands around the end of a dumbbell, hammer grip barbell, E-Z curl bar or rope overhead cable extensions will work the tris at least as well.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2006, 07:54:52 AM »
Bench dips, close-grips, dip machine are all equally great. Along with extensions the best IMO.

Skull crushers are an inferior version of extensions to behind the head. Trying a few grips will find something that is an improvement on a straight bar, which is hard on the wrists and doesn't allow the use of as much weight. Amongst the following, something better can be found: two hands around the end of a dumbbell, hammer grip barbell, E-Z curl bar or rope overhead cable extensions will work the tris at least as well.

i've done those on an incline bench and they were pretty awesome... i guess it's something i'll have to try again

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 04, 2006, 07:56:43 AM »
The absolutely best of all is a 15-30 degree decline, lowering the weight behind the head and below the bench for a stretch. Not only the best for size it doesn't hurt the elbows.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #73 on: June 04, 2006, 08:01:29 AM »
The absolutely best of all is a 15-30 degree decline, lowering the weight behind the head and below the bench for a stretch. Not only the best for size it doesn't hurt the elbows.
can i still use the straight bar?   the DB is not comfortable because i have to use a big one and i smack myself in the head

BallzDeep69

« Reply #74 on: June 04, 2006, 08:13:30 AM »
Theory is one thing, but very clearly certain exercises emphasize certain parts of muscles, there's no doubt. Every so often someone will claim that due to anatomy that isn't possible, yet it happens.  ;)

Thank you!