Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > Sports Discussion Boards

I propose a new rule for BCS championship game

(1/12) > >>

Old_Rooster:
Auburn screwed out of playing in the big game couple years back and seems each time the SEC gets the opportunity they beat the living hell out of the competition and win the championship.  SO i propose a new rule, the winner of the SEC is guaranteed a place in the championship game and the reason is simple.  The SEC is heads and tails above every other conference in the country.   And lemme say it just once, GOOD GOD HOW OVERRATED OHIO STATE AND MICHIGAN truly were.   I'd say about 5 or 6 teams from the SEC alone would have defeated Ohio State this year.

Dos Equis:
They only legitimate way to determine the "national champion" is to have a playoff system like every other sport, including all levels of NCAA football.  Every conference winner and a few at large teams should decide it on the field.  Pretty simple.  But won't happen. 

Option D:

--- Quote from: Beach Bum on January 10, 2007, 09:21:18 AM ---They only legitimate way to determine the "national champion" is to have a playoff system like every other sport, including all levels of NCAA football.  Every conference winner and a few at large teams should decide it on the field.  Pretty simple.  But won't happen. 

--- End quote ---

right...and its only d1 A that dosent have a playoff...because d1aa have it as well as d2 and d3..so what gives. whats the reason. Why cant oneo f the major sponsors just sponsor the big playoff games. like the last 4 can be sponsored by nokia, tostidos and who ever else sponsors the 4 bcs games.

Dos Equis:

--- Quote from: big_mal on January 10, 2007, 09:49:16 AM ---right...and its only d1 A that dosent have a playoff...because d1aa have it as well as d2 and d3..so what gives. whats the reason. Why cant oneo f the major sponsors just sponsor the big playoff games. like the last 4 can be sponsored by nokia, tostidos and who ever else sponsors the 4 bcs games.

--- End quote ---

Makes sense, but it's all about the Benjamins.  How much money did the Big Ten make off the bowl games this year?  I'm not sure what the payouts were, but Ohio State, Michigan, and Wisconsin received millions in BCS payouts, which they shared with their conference.  Those guys aren't giving up the current system without a fight.  Very frustrating.   

buffbodz:

--- Quote from: Beach Bum on January 10, 2007, 09:21:18 AM ---They only legitimate way to determine the "national champion" is to have a playoff system like every other sport, including all levels of NCAA football.  Every conference winner and a few at large teams should decide it on the field.  Pretty simple.  But won't happen. 

--- End quote ---

Like the man said..."Pretty simple.  But won't happen".  That's because the NCAA gets its bowl games out of the way during Christmas-new years and a little latter, while most NFL players get to go home to spend Christmas with family and friends.   Then the NFL playoffs.  I don't think TV would want to go head to head with NCAA playoffs vs. NFL.  The idea's the only real way to determin who the #1 college team is, but time and advertising $ usually win over what's good for the fans.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version