Author Topic: Great Story!  (Read 8773 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Great Story!
« on: August 31, 2013, 10:53:47 AM »
:

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
Re: Great Story!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2013, 11:46:55 AM »
Nice little clip.

I've known of several bros with DS, that have been absolute freaks in powerlifting.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2013, 03:10:58 PM »
Good choice not posting this on the G&O... Some real jerks up there...

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2013, 09:02:29 PM »
very heartwarming story no homo, thanks for sharing!
follow the arrows

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 10:15:44 PM »
Fantastic story.....it is refreshing to see something positive in the news today!

The guy is a true champion!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 10:47:24 AM »

That's awesome...
I feel better after watching that!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 03:34:51 PM »
Truly inspirational!  Props to his parents for not treating him "special", which I've seen all too often.  Somehow it makes them feel better, but does nothing to help the individual become all they can be.  Makes me want to get back into volunteering with the Special Olympians, although I do work with a gal at gym 1/2 hour a week (it's all her parents think she can handle  ::) )
:

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2013, 05:07:41 AM »
Truly inspirational!  Props to his parents for not treating him "special", which I've seen all too often.  Somehow it makes them feel better, but does nothing to help the individual become all they can be.  Makes me want to get back into volunteering with the Special Olympians, although I do work with a gal at gym 1/2 hour a week (it's all her parents think she can handle  ::) )

At least they let her do "that much."

How long have you been working with her? Do you feel there's maybe a chance they'll let you do more?
That's fantastic you do that!
I honestly don't know if I'd be cut out for that sort of thing - i.e. if I'd be effective, have the patience, etc.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2013, 09:22:33 AM »

At least they let her do "that much."

How long have you been working with her? Do you feel there's maybe a chance they'll let you do more?
That's fantastic you do that!
I honestly don't know if I'd be cut out for that sort of thing - i.e. if I'd be effective, have the patience, etc.

Probably off and on for 7-8 years.  Her parents love the fact that I don't coddle her and let her get away with shit (yet they do).  Transportation is an issue, so 1xweek is manageable, but I can't seem to convince them to go for a full hour, or even 45.

You'd be surprised about patience - I have little  ;) but the excitement and smile after a "good job" or "see, I knew you could do it" goes a long way.
:

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2013, 10:24:06 AM »
...the excitement and smile after a "good job" or "see, I knew you could do it" goes a long way.

I think I feel a tear...

Yep; these boxers are ripped!

;D

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 08:57:13 AM »
Which goes to prove the point, never underestimate anyone at anytime. Set your prejudged notions and stories,  you have heard, aside.

A old high school friend's sister shared the same traits as the man in the clip.  First meeting her, when I was 14 or 15, felt a bit awkward as how to act or what to say. Seems she had quite a sense of humor and easy to get along with. Never liked the term "special", seems so patronizing to say that (just my view). My friends sister was a little different, yes, but never removed by not being a part of her family. Family is strength. Sadly, she died a few years ago. A shorted life span appears to go along with this condition.

Folks with this trait (male/female) all appear to have a heavier muscular development around the neck, traps upper back the shoulder girdle. Read this a few years ago: it's as if their genetic codes were designed for power, not by any misguided mutation of those genes, but for a purpose.
F

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 09:00:20 AM »
Nice clip, princess.  A little positivity is good for the getbig.
A

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2013, 12:46:46 PM »
Which goes to prove the point, never underestimate anyone at anytime. Set your prejudged notions and stories,  you have heard, aside.

A old high school friend's sister shared the same traits as the man in the clip.  First meeting her, when I was 14 or 15, felt a bit awkward as how to act or what to say. Seems she had quite a sense of humor and easy to get along with. Never liked the term "special", seems so patronizing to say that (just my view). My friends sister was a little different, yes, but never removed by not being a part of her family. Family is strength. Sadly, she died a few years ago. A shorted life span appears to go along with this condition.

Folks with this trait (male/female) all appear to have a heavier muscular development around the neck, traps upper back the shoulder girdle. Read this a few years ago: it's as if their genetic codes were designed for power, not by any misguided mutation of those genes, but for a purpose.

That's extremely interesting.