Author Topic: Does Karate Work?  (Read 21116 times)

omg

• Getbig III
  • Maybe we all just havent figured it out yet
Re: Does Karate Work?
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2007, 10:50:22 PM »
Another clown that has absolutely no clue what they're talking about. Traditional karate doesn't use any gloves, only modern sport-oriented karate like TaeKwonDo uses gloves. Traditional Karate is full contact and doesn't use gloves. They fight constantly AND do kata. Kata is very important, and Bas Rutten has commented that he runs through katas even today. The purpose of Kata is so the instructor can evaluate how good your technique is. Sloppy technique is weak in real fighting.

FC Karate is proven in actual fighting, and produces world champion fighters in MMA and K-1.

what clown? many traditional styles use soft glvoes for sparring in the dojo, i am not refeering to old sch japan kind where they use their hands, i am referring to the dojo u find down your street, they use gloves.  all karate competitions use gloves and gear, point scoring system

there are more effectives training methods for free fight than kata, spending time fighting is more important than pretending to fight.  its a waste of time. u are a black belt right, u know basaida kata? tell me if you are going to use anything of it in a freefight  ::)

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2007, 10:57:50 PM »
what clown? many traditional styles use soft glvoes for sparring in the dojo, i am not refeering to old sch japan kind where they use their hands, i am referring to the dojo u find down your street, they use gloves.  all karate competitions use gloves and gear, point scoring system

there are more effectives training methods for free fight than kata, spending time fighting is more important than pretending to fight.  its a waste of time. u are a black belt right, u know basaida kata? tell me if you are going to use anything of it in a freefight  ::)

Yes I am. You missed the point of what I said. Kata is to evaluate technique. Traditional karate spends time doing kata AND sparring, and they don't usually wear gloves in class sparring or tournaments. Kyokushin and Goju-Ryu don't use gloves. Not for internal tournaments.
TEAM REPTILIAN

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2007, 11:50:48 PM »
Yes I am. You missed the point of what I said. Kata is to evaluate technique. Traditional karate spends time doing kata AND sparring, and they don't usually wear gloves in class sparring or tournaments. Kyokushin and Goju-Ryu don't use gloves. Not for internal tournaments.

The missing gloves is also a thing to think about. If you have never done it, you don't know how much it hurts compared to fighting with gloves. I have done Muay-Thai and Kyokushinkai, and i liked the Kyokushinkai Karate more, even if there are no kicks or punches to the head.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2007, 12:07:55 AM »
The missing gloves is also a thing to think about. If you have never done it, you don't know how much it hurts compared to fighting with gloves. I have done Muay-Thai and Kyokushinkai, and i liked the Kyokushinkai Karate more, even if there are no kicks or punches to the head.

Kicks to the head are usually legal, because they occur less frequently, and they reason you are deserving of a kick to the head since they're easier to block.  ;D
TEAM REPTILIAN

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2007, 12:08:39 AM »
The ts probably dont even read this thread anymore.

Realkarateblackbelt is our little karatenoob that owns himself
everytime he posts about karate or fighting.

Karate, ballet and aerobics they all burn some calories
but they should not be associated with fighting.

Its irresponsible to fool the kid (ts) into taking karate classes
and making him believe he can fight.

Realkarateblacknelt its ok that you are trolling and pretending to be(or actually are)
retarded, but dont fool the kid, he can get seriously injured
by someone who can fight.

This thread should be moved to the newbieboard btw.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2007, 12:14:21 AM »
I'd be surprised if the average IQ on Getbig is above 85.

It's pretty obvious why we are falling behind countries like Japan and China; a bunch of kids with no knowledge about something commenting as if they are experts. When you post facts they still don't listen.

While most of you struggle with the english language (despite being native speakers), watch TUFF, and think UFC is good standup fighting, the rest of us are learning and accomplishing things.

Anyone that doubts FC Karate (after numerous videos showing Muay-Thai fighters losing to Karate fighters, and the fact that the K-1 champ is a Seidokaikan fighter) should enroll in a Kyokushin school and demonstrate what a baddass you are. Film it for Getbig preferably. You'd be a legend.

People in the know recognise FC Karate as the best, in MMA and K-1. FC produces world champion fighters.

Muay-Thai clowns get their asses beat in Japan everytime the have open tournaments.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2007, 12:27:25 AM »
I think you're absolutely right realkarateblackbelt.  I'm not in it cause I got beat up anyway, I've only been in two real fights and I did pretty good.  I'm mostly interested in the Karate ideals.

Thank you!

S

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2007, 12:29:01 AM »
It's not that I'm pushing an opinion, I'm commenting on the reality.

FC karate fighters are some of the best fighters in the world period.

proven in the ring and in the streets.
TEAM REPTILIAN

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2007, 12:31:48 AM »
The ts probably dont even read this thread anymore.

Realkarateblackbelt is our little karatenoob that owns himself
everytime he posts about karate or fighting.

Karate, ballet and aerobics they all burn some calories
but they should not be associated with fighting.

Its irresponsible to fool the kid (ts) into taking karate classes
and making him believe he can fight.

Realkarateblacknelt its ok that you are trolling and pretending to be(or actually are)
retarded, but dont fool the kid, he can get seriously injured
by someone who can fight.

This thread should be moved to the newbieboard btw.

shoot yourself. You know nothing.

You may have done two or three shotokan karate lessons or have watched Karate Kid, but you surely have never touched the subject.

There are several Karate Styles that fight full contact without gloves. One of the most famous in Japan is Shorin-Ryu, or Shorinji-Kenpo.
This style is one of the oldest, most complete fighting styles there are. Punches, Kicks, Throws, Locks, all these are used.

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2007, 12:34:23 AM »
You post facts from fightfinder all the time without knowing anything about the fighters.
Like when you claimed Bob Sapp was a skilled fighter, - he beat Hoost twice he is skilled!!   hillarious.

When they came straight from karate, feitosa, Hug etc they lost, lost and lost again.
After a few years when they learned usefull tecniques they started winning.
They said it themself: using only their karate, they could not win.

Schilt is winning with his height and winning with knees.
Which karate school is teaching you to be 7ft tall and knock ppl out with knees?

But its ok I know you are just pretending to be dumb trying to make us annoyed.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2007, 12:43:06 AM »
You post facts from fightfinder all the time without knowing anything about the fighters.
Like when you claimed Bob Sapp was a skilled fighter, - he beat Hoost twice he is skilled!!   hillarious.

When they came straight from karate, feitosa, Hug etc they lost, lost and lost again.
After a few years when they learned usefull tecniques they started winning.
They said it themself: using only their karate, they could not win.

Schilt is winning with his height and winning with knees.
Which karate school is teaching you to be 7ft tall and knock ppl out with knees?

But its ok I know you are just pretending to be dumb trying to make us annoyed.

You don't know what you're talking about.
TEAM REPTILIAN

@Brandon

• Getbig III
  • Functional muscle.
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2007, 01:11:24 AM »
Andy Hug even told that to me in person 1996
in Roppongi when lifting weights.
He realized his Karate was not enough for succeding in K1 before when he was younger and started out in K1.
His axekicks and fighting spirit was fantastic btw.
He was a great fighter may he rip.

My friend was a national competitor in Karate ended up at 7th place thou, he trained for 12years
even he aknowledges that his Karate is not that good outside Karate comps.
He say -"I dont care I really like Karate"

Another friend he is a Karate teacher since 1975 he say if you want to fight, go learn something else
Karate is about something else, something bigger than just fighting.

Humble ppl, great fighters I respect them.
They realize they need major ajustments if venturing to other fighting sports.

But you realkaratebackbelt  we know that you dont have blackbelt in anything, you hve very limited knowldge about fighting
you just google little youtubevideos and fight results, trying to prove your weird points with "facts"

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2007, 03:54:09 AM »
Andy Hug even told that to me in person 1996
in Roppongi when lifting weights.
He realized his Karate was not enough for succeding in K1 before when he was younger and started out in K1.
His axekicks and fighting spirit was fantastic btw.
He was a great fighter may he rip.

My friend was a national competitor in Karate ended up at 7th place thou, he trained for 12years
even he aknowledges that his Karate is not that good outside Karate comps.
He say -"I dont care I really like Karate"

Another friend he is a Karate teacher since 1975 he say if you want to fight, go learn something else
Karate is about something else, something bigger than just fighting.

Humble ppl, great fighters I respect them.
They realize they need major ajustments if venturing to other fighting sports.

But you realkaratebackbelt  we know that you dont have blackbelt in anything, you hve very limited knowldge about fighting
you just google little youtubevideos and fight results, trying to prove your weird points with "facts"

Yup.....  Muay Thai doesn't work, take karate.  Muay Thai, boxing, wrestling, bjj, judo.  All effective combat proven arts.  If you want a strict stand up art, take muay thai. 

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: May 20, 2007, 12:42:10 PM »
Forms aside, I think karate can teach folks good striking techniques.  I routinely spar with a veteran FC karate striker, and that sumbich doesn't telegraph his punches at all.  All of his power is in the last 6 inches of his punch, and I am nursing a nice septal hematoma thanks to him.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #64 on: May 20, 2007, 01:12:18 PM »
Well i was training with Masao Kawasoe today and let me tell you, i would never want to fight that man. He is 62 years old this year and had an understanding of Karate rarely seen. A good Karate student can more than hold his own in a street fight, ive seen it enough times. If you are dedicated and willing to learn the essence of what Karate is all about, then i think you will find it can be much more effective than you could possibly imagine. What you see in the dojo is just preperation and fine tuning your tools for when they are needed
Scouser on Tour

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2007, 06:22:18 PM »
http://break.com/index/black-belt-fails-at-breaking-bat.html

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA
    Total ass clown
h

Eric2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2007, 06:23:39 PM »
http://break.com/index/anatomy-of-a-one-punch-knock-out.html

The worlds toughest punch belongs to BOXING.
h

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2007, 09:11:56 PM »

Yeah, what a pussy. He couldn't break a bat with his hand. Fucking moron.

And no, the most powerful striker pound per pound are Karate fighters.

&mode=related&search=
TEAM REPTILIAN

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2007, 09:28:42 PM »
hahahahaha FC Karate beats all other standup styles!

Karate beats Muay-Thai

Karate beats Kickboxing

TEAM REPTILIAN

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2007, 09:55:36 PM »
Hundred man kumite!

TEAM REPTILIAN

omg

• Getbig III
« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2007, 07:15:17 AM »
Hundred man kumite!

all show, wouldnt last a second in a real fight.

karate has its strong points, but seriously, if u want to do free fight, just learn MMA from beggining, dont bother learning karate or muay thai or whatever

omg

• Getbig III
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2007, 07:37:15 AM »
hahahahaha FC Karate beats all other standup styles!

Karate beats Muay-Thai

Karate beats Kickboxing

the muay thai guy is at least 3inches and 50pounds shorter and lacks skill.

but the videos show a good karateka fighting. notice the airbounce, use of kicks for long distance and punches in closer distance to follow up, the circling to find an angle to cut in, the axekicks, all elements of karate

but in a free fight match like pride, ufc, where ground work involved, throwing involved, there are many openings in karateka's fight. k-1 is not ground fighting, k-1 is in fact almost karate fighting, thats why karatekas always win that one.

karatekas are good at working distance and timing, kick, move in, punch punch, because this is the way they fight, esp with karate contests using ippon kumite etc.

a karateka needs to train many other techniques to stand a chance. even andy hug, in his fights when he wear boxing gloves u could see he modifiied his punch and style but his distance and timing were excellent, they killed opponents...andy hug is a legend because he adapts

its not the style that makes the fighter, but a fighter that makes the style  ;D

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2007, 07:54:33 AM »
Hands Down when punching or Froward when standing = Your head is open at all times = You will get Knocked the fuck out!  Your Tai vs Karate exsample is invalid because 1.You are using the best Karate champ in the world 2.No punches, No knees and, No Elbows alowed lol
Karate has some good points mainly it's good for kicking and if you hold your hands like a boxer you will do ok! This is known as Kick Boxing.

I hope this helps ;)
P

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2007, 01:56:21 PM »
Hands Down when punching or Froward when standing = Your head is open at all times = You will get Knocked the fuck out!  Your Tai vs Karate exsample is invalid because 1.You are using the best Karate champ in the world 2.No punches, No knees and, No Elbows alowed lol
Karate has some good points mainly it's good for kicking and if you hold your hands like a boxer you will do ok! This is known as Kick Boxing.

I hope this helps ;)

You mix some things up. I agree on the hands, holding them up is essential.

Full contact Karate uses grips and throws also, so it's better than using gloves.

Kickboxing does not allow elbows and knees either. Even european Muay Thai associatins do not allow elbows or knees to the head, so if you're not training in Thailand you will probabaly do not get the chance to strike someone an elbow to the face or you'll get disqualified.

Kicks used in FC Karate are mostly low kicks, so Karate's main advantage is the missing gloves.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2007, 03:17:27 PM »
Traditional karate?  yes.  Local "Studio" of american kempo (or whatever) with a Skittles Taste the Rainbow array of colored belts on the wall, with 24 year old "grandmasters" in bright red uniforms?  No freakin way.
X