Author Topic: The fedor/UFC contract offer thread. All of them Merged!  (Read 17072 times)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Re: Dana White on Fedor!!
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 09:22:33 PM »
Mir just creeped back into the top 10 based on the fact that the UFC HW division has gone to complete shit. He hadn't sniffed it for a while before that. The UFC hype machine works wonders.

Really worked wonders. He surely looked like a top 10 fighter out there. Really did.  ::)

He'll probably fall below Arlovski in the new rankings. That Arlovski guy who Fedor decimated.  ;)

WOW...so technically you were wrong.  Brock has beat 2 top ten guys.
Nice try...
Seriously...do you even watch MMA these days.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Final word on Fedor/UFC.........
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 10:24:10 PM »
Alot of guys here are pumping up Fedor about not going to the UFC, saying he doesn't need the UFC, they need him.

I disagree.....the UFC will go on and be successful with or without Fedor, BUT, with the UFC being the most popular and most recognizable fight org out right now, if Fedor does not fight with UFC there will always be a big "what if" hanging over him.

What if he flopped in his debut?

What if he dominated for years to come?

What if he was destroyed by a guy outside the top ten?

What if he had a lackluster series of fights, wins/losses, how would that affect his aura of being unbeatable and his marketability?

I think Fedor needs to come to UFC and cement his legacy or it will always be tainted with "what ifs"

Discuss. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Re: Final word on Fedor/UFC.........
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 10:27:23 PM »
His legacy was cemented. If he retired today he would go down as THE greatest MMA fighter to ever live. The only 'what if' will be Brock. Who for all we know will lose to the next up and comer he fights. It's really not a big deal.

Every time the guy fights a new "what if" pops up. First it was Sylvia. Then he goes out and beats the guy in 37 seconds. Then it was Arlovski. Fedor goes out beats him. Same thing every time.

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 11:22:26 PM »
His legacy was cemented. If he retired today he would go down as THE greatest MMA fighter to ever live. The only 'what if' will be Brock. Who for all we know will lose to the next up and comer he fights. It's really not a big deal.

Every time the guy fights a new "what if" pops up. First it was Sylvia. Then he goes out and beats the guy in 37 seconds. Then it was Arlovski. Fedor goes out beats him. Same thing every time.
sylvia and arloski are a joke they werent worth a shit got beat bad and didnt perform how can you compare them as top knotch fighters? fedor is cool and tough but really all he has is the INFAMOUS behind his name fedor is like saying MUFASA in lion king but really where are the freaks that he has beaten? he wont join UFC because he wont win and its not like he wont get a giant bankrole......... all he has faught were has beens and wash ups

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 11:56:08 PM »
fedor cleaned up the best pride had to offer afew years back, im sure he would dominate the ufc much the same way, the guy is awesome in striking and on the ground. then when fedor dominated the ufc,s best everyone would say the ufc had a bunch of bums, then everyone will say fedor needs to go to some other mma orginization and clean up there to be the best ::)
R

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
Re: Dana White on Fedor!!
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 01:39:26 AM »
WOW...so technically you were wrong.  Brock has beat 2 top ten guys.
Nice try...
Seriously...do you even watch MMA these days.

I think he may have just started.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 01:41:35 AM »

You really need to get your lips off of Fedor's cock. 

Maybe if he balls up, comes to the UFC, and actually does something meaningful, THEN you can carry on with the worship.  But until then, he's just a "dodger".
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 01:58:56 AM »
I see Dana and Vladimar putting on a TUF series showcaseing Red Devil members, and team Brock.  USA versus USSR. 

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 07:05:33 AM »

He is not retiring today...so therefore he needs to DEFEND his legacy.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 07:36:36 AM »
fedor cleaned up the best pride had to offer afew years back, im sure he would dominate the ufc much the same way, the guy is awesome in striking and on the ground. then when fedor dominated the ufc,s best everyone would say the ufc had a bunch of bums, then everyone will say fedor needs to go to some other mma orginization and clean up there to be the best ::)

lol.. bump for the truth..
great repsonse.. ;)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2009, 07:41:28 AM »

If Fedor cleaned up in the UFC-the biggest show in mma,there would be no question on his legacy.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2009, 07:46:01 AM »
there are always going to be what if scenarios. What you have here is some feel the ufc is the holy gail now because it's at it's highest peak ($$$$ and from a marketing pov) and fedor needs to prove himself there if he's the so called "man" of the heavies....some who feel he doesn't need to go there to prove a thing...some who feel it's more about Dana White getting fedor under UFC contract/logo/Brand period point blank(to get more $$$$$ and market him).

All in all..money talks....Dana will need to put up prob a mill per fight deal and both will need to 50/50 on alot of other things or I can see fedor fighting for any other place for half a million deals that have no restrictions on him with no problem and be just fine with that.  

gmflex

• Getbig V
Alexander comments on UFC suitationwith his brother / Fedor
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2009, 07:55:18 AM »
Aleksander Emelianenk: ''Vadim Finkelste is keeping Fedor from signing with the UFC"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside Fights | Aleksander Emelianenko comments on UFC contract system

Quote:
Aleksander Emelianenko states what should be completely obvious to most followers of the sport:

Quote:
“You can deal with UFC, I know that they have flexible contract system. All these talks about “strict” contract terms with signing with UFC, come ONLY from Vadim Finkelstein, who wants to push his owns business projects through Fedor’s fights” 

So Fedor’s own brother is pointing out that Vadim Finkelstein is the guy keeping Fedor out of the UFC. Vadim wants to promote M-1 and is attempting to use both Fedor and the UFC to further his own business interests.

I’m pretty sure it’s not going to work, though.

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
In regards to strict terms of UFC contract, we asked Aleksander Emelianenko to comment:

"You can deal with UFC, I know that they have flexible contract system. All these talks about "strict" contract terms with signing with UFC, come ONLY from Vadim Finkelstein, who wants to push his owns business projects through Fedor's fights"
w

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Wonder what all the anti-UFC Fedor fanboys are going to say now.
Pretty blatant....Fedor is making excuses.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
This was already posted!

gmflex

• Getbig V
Post Affliction Press Conference by Fedor.. this Wednesday!!
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2009, 12:51:44 PM »
Fedor to make first post-trilogy statements during wednesday press conference

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIGHTHYPE \\ FEDOR TO MAKE FIRST POST-TRILOGY STATEMENTS DURING WEDNESDAY PRESS CONFERENCE

Quote:
Ever since Affliction announced late last week that its "Trilogy" event scheduled for Aug. 1 had been canceled, the combat sports world collectively has waited for an official response from former PRIDE
heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko. On Wednesday at 1 p.m. PT inside the DoubleTree Hotel in Anaheim, Calif., Emelianenko will address the media for the first time since last week's sudden cancellation. During the press conference, Emelianenko will discuss the ramifications of the cancellation, comment on his future in the fight game, and respond
to questions from members of the media. "Since the cancellation, there has been a great deal of speculation regarding Fedor and M-1," said Vadim
Finkelchtein, whose M-1 Global fight company not only produces international MMA events but also manages Fedor. "On Wednesday, the media and fans will be able to hear what's going on with Fedor from the man himself." Emelianenko, considered by most pundits to be the top pound-for-pound fighter in the world, had been scheduled to fight top contender Josh Barnett. A win over Barnett would have marked the sixth former UFC heavyweight champion that Emelianenko has defeated in his career. Unfortunately, Emelianenko was denied his opportunity after the
California State Athletic Commission announced last Wednesday that Barnett would not be granted a license in time for the fight.
Emelianenko, 30-1, is perceived by many within the industry to be a free agent and it is believed he is being courted by every major MMA promotion in the world. Already considered a superstar in many other countries, he has seen his popularity rise in the U.S. since defeating Tim Sylvia, a former UFC heavyweight champion, in just 36 seconds in July of 2008. Emelianenko followed up the dominant Sylvia victory with a first round knockout over Andrei Arlovski - another former UFC heavyweight champion - this past
January. 

gmflex

• Getbig V
Re: Post Affliction Press Conference by Fedor.. this Wednesday!!
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2009, 12:54:32 PM »

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
This was already posted!

Have you noticed that the majority of your posts get zero responses and generate little or no discussion?  Just a suggestion.  Instead of posting every article you see on MMA Weekly, Bloody Elbow, MMA junkie, etc., perhaps you should post the article along with an opinion, which may generate more interest.  Again, just a suggestion...not trying to start shiat.
w

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Still think he has solidified his legacy without the UFC. If he finds a way to get there, fine I have no problem with it. I still prefer that he doesn't sign with them. Let them come to him. Hes the Champ.
The problem I have is people saying he isn't the greatest. F that!

My main beefs with the UFC are the unified rules, their presentation of the sport and not very important .. the octagon I prefer a ring. :D 

I like Aleks, seems cool

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
Still think he has solidified his legacy without the UFC. If he finds a way to get there, fine I have no problem with it. I still prefer that he doesn't sign with them. Let them come to him. Hes the Champ.
The problem I have is people saying he isn't the greatest. F that!

My main beefs with the UFC are the unified rules, their presentation of the sport and not very important .. the octagon I prefer a ring. :D 

I like Aleks, seems cool

He might be the greatest, but he has not shown it recently. I think he is a legend already, but if he wants to stay ranked number one he has to fight in the big show.

Geo

• Getbig IV
Sounds like it's a done deal (fedor to UFC)
« Reply #46 on: July 28, 2009, 04:42:43 PM »
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2009/07/fedor-emelianenko-ufc-finalizing-deal.html

although the source is nameless....

it's the L.A times so it's something to think about..

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: Sounds like it's a done deal (fedor to UFC)
« Reply #47 on: July 28, 2009, 06:19:07 PM »
UPDATE - M-1 Global says Fedor, UFC not close to a deal
M-1 Global says Fedor, UFC not close to a deal - SI.com - Mixed Martial Arts
Denying a published report Tuesday by the Los Angeles Times, M-1 Global officials told SI.com that Fedor Emelianenko and the Ultimate Fighting Championship are not close to finalizing a deal that would bring mixed martial arts' top heavyweight in the Octagon.

"I can give you a guarantee it's not accurate," said Apy Echteld of M-1 Global, a St. Petersburg, Russia-based promotion and management company of which Emelianenko is an equity stakeholder.

According to the Times' report -- which referenced an unnamed source unaffiliated with the UFC and "with information about the negotiations" -- UFC president Dana White was set to announce the signing of Emelianenko on Friday. The source also said negotiations between the top MMA promoter and the Russian champion's camp were "very civil," and that both groups were discussing details on the pending public announcement.

Echteld declined to comment on negotiations between M-1 Global and the UFC, which are rumored to be taking place Tuesday in Los Angeles. He pointed to a press conference Wednesday in Anaheim, Calif., for "important" news on Emelianenko's fate.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 08:54:01 PM »
go to hell !

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 09:06:10 PM »
LMAO :D