Author Topic: Cliff notes from latest Mirko Cro-cop interview (from about an hour ago)  (Read 1161 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
He did a live interview for croatian national tv station

He talked about sport to politics to raising his kid

he said he will most likely hire a sport psychologist to figure out what is happening with him (i thought he was about to cry when interviewer kept insisting that mirko tells him why he sucks in his last fights)

cliff notes:

- is afraid of retirement (doesnt want to abandon current military lifestyle)

- doesnt know what is going on with him atm - why he underperforms in UFC

- will do 2 more fights he has remaning for UFC cause he is a man of his word (maybe even more than 2 fights)

- feels the need to train every day (not mma related - but treadmill, push ups and that sort of stuff) and will probably do so even when he quits mma

- did height training (that shit in the mountains - dont know the exact term) in the past - lasted only 3 days (couldnt stand the food and surroundings so he returned to his home)

- interviewer advised him to ask some of his colleagues in the fight business on where do they get their motivation - fighters like peter aerts who are about his age, are losing most of their recent fights but still somehow find the motivation to keep on fighting and give their best - mirko said it was a good idea and will probably do so (said he is good friend with many fighters, especially aerts who he admires the most of K-1 fighters)

- he didnt quit in JDS fight - said he recieved shot to the eye and was blind to that eye for about 20-30sec, didnt know what was going on and saw the ref stopping the fight at that moment

- wasnt afraid of getting beat up in JDS fight, but was tentative for some other reason

- they had to use ice bath to wake him up/energize him an hour or so before the JDS fight - mirko said they did that cause he was tired - he makes no excuses and says JDS was a better fighter, nothing more to his loss

- was plagued with injuries after OWGP - did total of 5 surgeries in 3 years time, most serious one being the knee surgery

- didnt attend press conference cause he flew in a day before the fight (doesnt travel earlier cause he is afraid of jet lag) - he will most probably change this habit and fly 2 days earlier

- his kid is heavily into soccer

- mirko has no plans to train younger generations (he said young croatian fighters are more than welcome to contact him and come to him for advice and spend a little time with him but he wont repeat mistake of training other people seriously like he did in the past)

- said he needs authorative coach in his training

- wont return to politics or do any business shit after he retires

- is fond of K-1 fights (little bit more than MMA ones) and he is open to going back to K-1 (commented a little bit about Badr Hari saying he is an exciting fighter)

- clint eastwood is his favorite actor and bad ass - will try and meet him next time he is in USA

- was with his kid in disneyland yesterday, flew in today, did a work out and then had to rush to do this interview
Predictions
 40/61

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: Cliff notes from latest Mirko Cro-cop interview (from about an hour ago)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 08:38:33 AM »
Some more:

It was a very emotional and great interview. He's a true legend of the sport.

There was a moment where interviewer showed him a tape from six years ago when he was his guest for the first time. After the tape, Mirko asked him if he got old much (joking). Inteviewer said - you did in your fighting. Mirko put his head down and said : Stanković, that hurts. That was a low blow. Maybe i've lost my last fight but i can still kick your ass (joking, their are personal friends as far as i know)

He will complete his contract, he will hire a sport psychologist, he will try to change some things in his training, he made no exuses, admited he sucks now and that he wanted to hang himself in a hotel room after dos santos fight (just an expression, not contemplating suicide)

He doesn't have to fight anymore, but at the other hand - he never had to fight - he always wanted to fight cause he loves it. He's afraid to stop fighting and training cause he doesn't know who he is without fighting. Compared himself to a man who is released from prison after 30 years and who goes and comits robbery just so he can go back in prison cause he doesn't know how to live outside of it anymore.

Called losses to gonzaga, kongo and dos santos disasters for him, for his ego. You could see in his eyes he was very ashamed of his last performances, and every question and remark of how he looked timid and not agressive, and not himself in his last fight just hurt him. All he said was: I know.

He will try and find a motive, agression to continue. Said there is no shame in falling down - he would be ashamed only if he doesn't get back up.

Said to his fans that he is very sory they had to look at him like that, but that they have to understand that he feels much worse then them. Said he was so ashamed after dos santos that he just wanted to crawl in to some hole and not be seen again.

They also talked about politics, who would he prefer for president, about his parenting skills, about history, movies and life in general.

Mirko once again showed that he's a great man, great sportsman, educated, smart, well spoken and humble.

Said he had 5 surgeries from OWGP and many problems but that is not important - the problem is in his head, nothing else.
They were waking him up with ice for dos santos fight cause he was on cratian time and thats 5 am - but interviewer asked him that, Mirko didn't mention it as an excuse or something and for that matter didn't want to discuss it further. Said only that he will try to go a few day earlier in the states next time.
Predictions
 40/61

Milos_Sarcev

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • http://www.milossarcev.com
Re: Cliff notes from latest Mirko Cro-cop interview (from about an hour ago)
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 07:52:13 AM »
Mirko needs to come to California (Fullerton) , stay few weeks (months) with me and bring up every aspect of physical conditioning, speed, power, acceleration, reaction speed, endurance...overall toughness...and put few extra pounds of "beyond functional beef" (muscle) on his already very athletic body...and gets his mental focus and psychological invincibility back - alike Pride Open Championship finals - where he literally speaking made Wandarlei look like a chicken in the butcher shop...(blind, beat up, drunk, elderly...anorexic chicken moving in "slow motion" in front of pissed of psycho killer butcher rushing to serve skinless, boneless chicken breast to his family and friends - served in "Croatian Flag formation" resembling a chess-board - to "return the favor" to Silva (at his prime) who suggested to reporters before the fight: he'll make Mirko's face look like his National flag... ::) [Not the best choice of words for than absolutely great, great fearless fighter... who still didn't recover from that LHK...probably fearing that he is still fighting Mirko - every time he steps in that ring...]
For granted - Mirko has never been the same since Gabriel Gonzaga fight - and he simply must erase every memory of that fatal fight...

I offered the same couple of years ago - but never heard back from him or his camp ??? ;D ( through his conditioning coach (Damir Siser) and his "NOKAUT" bulletin board  ... I hope he'll get my message and make this trip...Dana, UFC fans and his family, friends and numerous fans in Croatia (and Serbia ;)...YES, I am big fan of Mirko for many years..and it is "killing me" to see him like this...) will certainly appreciate...

After all...it is not how hard you can punch...but how many times you can take a punch, yet still make yourself getting up and keep moving forward...[Rocky 6]...

Koloseum Gym Fullerton,
1101-1107 South Placentia Avenue
Fullerton, CA 92831

714/680-8881

milos@milossarcev.com

Hic Rhodos, Hic Salta...

[ Invalid YouTube link ]