Author Topic: PBW: Freeman's "X-Files" - Plus: The Australia Report (Listen Now)  (Read 35130 times)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Toney Freeman is the man!!
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2010, 07:13:14 AM »
I'm an old fucker myself...I'll be 45 in june. Age is just a number. I still pound the fucking weights heavy and own bitches 10 years younger than me..and fuck bitches ten years younger than me too  ;D

40s is the new 30s

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2010, 07:17:39 AM »
40s is the new 30s
As one R&B artist said to Jay Z in a song, "No, 40 is still 40" ;D

What's gonna happen is eventually we might lived to biblical ages you know like 400 yrs old, but women can stillonly have kids at roughly in there early 40's...i don't want to see no 300 yr old female having kids.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2010, 07:43:54 AM »
I'm an old fucker myself...I'll be 45 in june. Age is just a number. I still pound the fucking weights heavy and own bitches 10 years younger than me..and fuck bitches ten years younger than me too  ;D

Always thought you were younger.

Q

erics

• Getbig III
Thanks for responding.

What is wrong with each round being judged on all aspects of a physique but with, for example, symmetry being weighted more heavily in the symmetry round? Surely it is not that difficult to judge in this way?

Perhaps it would be better to phrase it like this:

How would having exceptional posers (eg: Labrada, Makkawy etc), a transparent and accountable system of judging and a more dignified presence be detrimental to the growth of the sport?

You are one hundred percent right when you say that the bottom line is that bodybuilding is a physique competition. But posing and presentation are part of what makes a physique look good, right?

If the guy with the best physique loses to a guy who is slightly behind him in physique but miles ahead in posing, where is the problem with that? If you are worried about crazy placings, then that is just a matter of tinkering with the scoring.

Other sports can do it so I don't see why bodybuilding can't.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2010, 08:44:01 AM »
Tony always gets ripped off in judging most times the biggest tallest guy and in condition.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2010, 09:00:30 AM »
60 is the new 20.

At least it seems that way since most 20 something bodybuilders look 60.  :-X
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2010, 09:05:32 AM »
60 is the new 20.

At least it seems that way since most 20 something bodybuilders look 60.  :-X
shut up.. you look like shit

io856

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2010, 09:08:59 AM »
60 is the new 20.

At least it seems that way since most 20 something bodybuilders look 60.  :-X
Incorrect.

You only really get to see the bodybuilders in their contest mode (willing to get pics taken). During this period of low bodyfat and water depletion you of course look far older. Now during an off season prep the higher bodyfat and water retention you can actually look a lot younger! with what appears to be "puppy fat" and chubby cheeks  ;) baby face

Of course then there are the guys like Luke Wood who admitted to the perpetual use of diuretics... Thats a bit different...

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2010, 09:09:25 AM »
shut up.. you look like shit

Yes, if your standard is winning bodybuilding contests.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2010, 09:11:30 AM »
Yes, if your standard is winning bodybuilding contests.

LOL...Which ones.

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
Re: PBW: Freeman's "X-Files" - Plus: The Australia Report (Listen Now)
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2010, 10:33:50 AM »
Erics put it perfectly..

POSING and PRESENTATION are critical to the PHYSIQUE display. One needs to master posing and presentation to show the PHYSIQUE to it fullest potential. Should a guy that can't pose but has the best physique lose.. OF COURSE.

Thing you all need to remember is that no two judges will have an EXACT opinion on EVERY SINGLE bodybuilder on the stage. It's is an OPINION-BASED sport.. that is why with every single show you have fans and judges and athletes who see things a bit differently.

In my opinion Kai was the MOST COMPLETE BODYBUILDER on the Arnold stage with the LEAST amount of flaws.

Clear winner and well deserved.

MB

• Getbig IV
Re: PBW: Freeman's "X-Files" - Plus: The Australia Report (Listen Now)
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2010, 11:12:59 AM »
There is no such thing as judging muscularity or symmetry by themselves.  There never was.  The old system was set up to judge the best physique, rather it was quarter turns, mandatories, or free posing.  The new system is fine (eliminating the posing round judging), but I do agree with Larry Pepe, it shouldn't be weighted 50/50 between pre-judging and the posedown.  I would have made it 75/25, giving the pre-judging the majority of the decision. 

In reality, splitting the contest between a pre-judging and finals show is an antiquated system.  Why not move pre-judging to the night show and begin with each guy doing his 8 mandatories (as is done now), but let it be a 1 minute free posing routine where all 8 mandatories are shown.  Then, do callout comparisons and add up the scores.  No posedown. 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Thanks for responding.

What is wrong with each round being judged on all aspects of a physique but with, for example, symmetry being weighted more heavily in the symmetry round? Surely it is not that difficult to judge in this way?

We just got rid of that system, as It never reflected the title...why have different rounds then?

Perhaps it would be better to phrase it like this:

How would having exceptional posers (eg: Labrada, Makkawy etc), a transparent and accountable system of judging and a more dignified presence be detrimental to the growth of the sport?

It wouldn't...some guys put more stock into posing than others...cant all be Labradas, shawn Rays, etc

You are one hundred percent right when you say that the bottom line is that bodybuilding is a physique competition. But posing and presentation are part of what makes a physique look good, right?

If you're THAT inept at showcasing your physique, chances are you never would have made it to the pro's...

If the guy with the best physique loses to a guy who is slightly behind him in physique but miles ahead in posing, where is the problem with that? If you are worried about crazy placings, then that is just a matter of tinkering with the scoring.

I have a HUGE problem with that, as I stated (and you agreed with)...it's a PHYSIQUE competition

Other sports can do it so I don't see why bodybuilding can't.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2010, 01:20:32 PM »

Holy shit...I thought you were around my age in your early 30s

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2010, 01:31:15 PM »
when people are in their teens or 20's........they are exactly as old as their age says they are

but when you get to your 40's or 50s........its a little different

you can have a 45 year old who takes care of himself, who can perform, and look, like a dude in his 30's................likewis e, you can have another 45 year old, who does not take care of himself, and looks like a man who is older

the point is, if you take care of yourself......you can extend your youthful years well into your 40,50's, or 60's

erics

• Getbig III
We just got rid of that system, as It never reflected the title...why have different rounds then?
That doesn't mean the best physiques weren't winning. As for why have different rounds, that's easy. You use them to develop a kind of pacing, a race if you will, leading to the final winner. As the rounds progress, the competitors get eliminated and things like posing ability start to make real differences in otherwise similar level physiques.

It wouldn't...some guys put more stock into posing than others...cant all be Labradas, shawn Rays, etc

No, we can't but it would provide an element of respect were those types set up as a real standard to aim for with benefits if you achieved such a standard. Those guys didn't exactly have junk physiques either... If posing was a real part of the sport, then perhaps more guys would put more stock into it. Putting more stock into it (from an admin point of view) would also lead to a greater focus on judging accountability and the image of dignity for the sport.

If you're THAT inept at showcasing your physique, chances are you never would have made it to the pro's...

Haha. Hitting most musculars to a gangsta rap track is not eactly setting the standards alight...

Thanks for responding.

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
Hitting most musculars to a gangsta rap track is not eactly setting the standards alight...

Very true.. over 50% of the IFBB "Pros" have NO clue how to pose. They put on some lame rap or rock music and hit front double bi's and most muscular while walking back from left to right stage putting their hands to their ears. Very lame and ruins the sport.

Let's set a standard.. anything to help push the sport in the right (public) direction for more exposure and ACCEPTANCE by the general public.

Putting the posing aspect of the sport even lower on the totem pole just pushes the sports in the wrong direction.