Author Topic: Your Kryptonite?  (Read 9013 times)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Your Kryptonite?
« on: February 11, 2006, 02:18:34 PM »
headaches for me. I can train with a sore throat or lack of sleep but a headache makes it hard for me to even eat properly.
bodybuildersreality.com

Borracho

• Getbig V
  • Waking up is possible if ur tired of the dream....
Re: Your Kryptonite?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 02:47:23 PM »
Hard Liquor.

trulytoned

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 06:43:14 PM »
Hernia
big or bust

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 07:13:10 PM »
headaches for me. I can train with a sore throat or lack of sleep but a headache makes it hard for me to even eat properly.

I second that I get migraine that just kill any thought of training.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2006, 07:21:09 PM »
Cocaine & Coor light.
a

Stavios

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 08:03:55 PM »
Blowjob. If my girlfriend is giving me a blowjob i got to let her finish before  i go to the gym

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 12:19:23 AM »
Wendy's Classic Tripple with Cheese and Killian's Irish Red. I'd say Johnny Walker Blue Label but I've only had one bottle of that in my life... too much money to pay for booze right now. maybe that's why i can't drink scotch any more. the damned blue label was so smooth it ruined scotch for me. What if Wendy's Tripple burgers went up to 200 dollars? What would I do then?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 10:28:23 AM »
Blowjob. If my girlfriend is giving me a blowjob i got to let her finish before  i go to the gym
can't have any of that before a workout.
bodybuildersreality.com

SubcultureS10

• Getbig II
  • Gear: Isn't for the faint of hearts.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 10:38:13 PM »

Just blowing a wad before i goto the gym at all man...I'm done over with...

other than that? Music in the gym, if they are playing some retarded crap, just makes me wanna leave! Thank god for mp3 players.

Stavios

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »
Just blowing a wad before i goto the gym at all man...I'm done over with...
other than that? Music in the gym, if they are playing some retarded crap, just makes me wanna leave! Thank god for mp3 players.

Lol actually it is the reason why I switch to another gym. At the first gym I went, they were playing fucking Celine Dion ! Try to get in the mood with that shit

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2006, 02:12:06 PM »
I don't really have anything that will keep me out of the gym.I will have to be really sick to have to miss a work out!Couldn't tell you what a headache feels like as i've never experienced one in my life & as for the gym music?,....couldn't tell you what was playing on the gym's stereo system as I get in the gym, do my routine & then get the hell out!Focus on the work out & then leave. I won't even try to talk to ppl. when i'm training & if they talk to me & I feel it's getting a little too long winded i'll just leave them talking to a wall & go back to my training!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2006, 04:57:49 PM »
I don't really have anything that will keep me out of the gym.I will have to be really sick to have to miss a work out!Couldn't tell you what a headache feels like as i've never experienced one in my life & as for the gym music?,....couldn't tell you what was playing on the gym's stereo system as I get in the gym, do my routine & then get the hell out!Focus on the work out & then leave. I won't even try to talk to ppl. when i'm training & if they talk to me & I feel it's getting a little too long winded i'll just leave them talking to a wall & go back to my training!
never had a headache? wow!
bodybuildersreality.com

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2006, 09:23:37 PM »
used to be bourbon, now its high end beers. i never get really drunk but still, i never drink on workout days, so i find myself setting aside days every week where i let myself have some beer instead of going to the gym.

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2006, 09:31:15 PM »
drink after you work out. i have one beer almost every day.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2006, 10:28:25 PM »
Drink if you want, I won't tell you what to do, but here is something you might think about.
4oz of alcohol, and it does not matter where it comes from be it beer or liquor, slows down your metabolism to the point that it takes 72hrs for it to get back to where it was before you had your drinks...this is assuming that you didn't drink anything else with alcohol in it during that 72hr period.
You often hear that moderate alcohol consumption is good for heart health, moderate being the key term, but there are so many other good things you can do to promote a healthy heart...for myself, the benefits of moderate consumption of alcohol is outweighed by the negative aspect I just posted.
Again, do what you want, but realize there is a negative effect that will hinder the progress of your training...BB is tough enough for me already, I don't need to make it any harder by adding in things that can easily be avoided.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2006, 11:46:53 PM »
yeah but gettin blasted is fun
Valhalla awaits.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2006, 02:13:58 PM »
the negative effects of alcohol on muscle are greatly overstated.
maybe not overstated, but rather misinterpreted; people are getting the idea that if if they drink at all their muscle will disappear like magic ::)
if you get trashed after a workout, or drink alot all all the time, especially while you are sore and recovering, then yes it will hinder gains.
but if you just have a beer or two every now and then, on a non-workout day and when your really not sore, and still eating enough and getting sleep then its doesnt really do anything.

HRDCOR

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2006, 03:16:22 PM »
Yeah headaches usually screwed it for me, I get realy bad headaches after a big back and trap workoput, all my blood flow gets restricted down the back of my neck and upper back and causes a constent throb behind my eyes , i have to take the next day of ,always , either that or ply myself with pain killers , so i opt the day off !!

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2006, 03:39:25 PM »
pain killers..weed.. coke.. heroin.. liquor.. and bitches                  thats about it

nothing crazy ;D

Ledd

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2006, 05:14:56 PM »
That would be........

Kryptonite

I am the one they call.....

Kal-El.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2006, 08:54:23 PM »
the negative effects of alcohol on muscle are greatly overstated.
maybe not overstated, but rather misinterpreted; people are getting the idea that if if they drink at all their muscle will disappear like magic ::)
if you get trashed after a workout, or drink alot all all the time, especially while you are sore and recovering, then yes it will hinder gains.
but if you just have a beer or two every now and then, on a non-workout day and when your really not sore, and still eating enough and getting sleep then its doesnt really do anything.
True, your gains will not disappear instantly, but there is still a negative affect as I already stated.

If you are a recreational lifter, and you want to have a few drinks here and there, it will more then likely not hurt anything. If your training is a for a bit more then just pure recreational benefits, i.e. competition or you just want that freakish BB look, then alcohol is just something that is going to slow your progress, plain and simple.

There are a million things you have to do right and have in place if you want to make exceptional progress and gains, and for everyone thing you do wrong, it only sets you back from reaching your goals.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2006, 10:40:20 PM »
Its sad but true.
bodybuildersreality.com

Unknown8471

• Getbig II
  • I will never be a memery
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2006, 12:22:54 AM »
Home work, it keeps me from doing most evrything not just working out.
unknown

analcandy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2006, 06:56:36 PM »
Home work, it keeps me from doing most evrything not just working out.
dont do em, then.

Sean-DeMarco

• Getbig III
  • "A year from now, you'll wish you started today."
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2006, 08:13:17 PM »

...Food. Now close close thread.~ 8)
~Sean-DeMarco