Author Topic: 2010 IFBB Phoenix Pro - Johnnie Jackson trains  (Read 15869 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: 2010 IFBB Phoenix Pro - Johnnie Jackson trains
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2010, 07:59:32 AM »
The man has a wife and child so why you're calling him gay makes no sense to me. And how would you know how much he'd weigh without juice? I think you morons forget to realize these guys train hard and eat well and do so on a consistent basis. Jealous much?

They do forget that. For those who think it's all about drugs, I refer you to the physique of one "Steroid Guru" Dan Duchaine.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2010, 08:07:02 AM »
buck fifty?  Nope...I compete at 190....thanks anyway.  Why isnt everyone a pro?  I love that shit.  Only reason a pro is a pro ISNT due to steroids?  Umm..show me ONE...JUST ONE IFBB pro who ISNT on shit.  You cant.  Drugs are to the IFBB as calling people out is to GetBig.  So, explosive short movements are key....hmmm....so thats why people were bashing the one guy in a re-surfaced thread that did 315 for 14 reps...but used a short range?  Shouldnt they shut up and realize he knows what works for him?  ::)

Train hard?  Eat well?  These fuckers are spewing al lthis bullshit in Flex and MD about how they eat clean 24/7....stay only 10-12lb off contest weight...surrrrrre.

Who said that, especially about Jackson, who has gone on record as to how he eats in the off-season? He doesn't "eat clean", meaning in the off-season, he downs plenty of whole-eggs, beef, and foods like that.

And, Jackson has never claimed (to my knowledge) being only 10 pounds off-contest weight. In fact, he's stated REPATEDLY that too many bodybuilders don't gain the size and strength they desire, because they're too obsessed with eating "clean" and being "lean" year round.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2010, 08:13:48 AM »
buck fifty?  Nope...I compete at 190....thanks anyway.  Why isnt everyone a pro?  I love that shit.  Only reason a pro is a pro ISNT due to steroids?  Umm..show me ONE...JUST ONE IFBB pro who ISNT on shit.  You cant.  Drugs are to the IFBB as calling people out is to GetBig.  So, explosive short movements are key....hmmm....so thats why people were bashing the one guy in a re-surfaced thread that did 315 for 14 reps...but used a short range?  Shouldnt they shut up and realize he knows what works for him?  ::)

Train hard?  Eat well?  These fuckers are spewing al lthis bullshit in Flex and MD about how they eat clean 24/7....stay only 10-12lb off contest weight...surrrrrre.

First of all, of course pro's are on the crank, but how come 1 million others are on it and they aren't pro?  ::)  gee, tough one to grasp eh? :D

It's a pretty common trend that most pro's use short, explosive movements. I wonder if maybe, just maybe, it's because they work the best for muscle growth. Hummm, oh yea, it's just the juice.  :D

RAZA-BLADE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2010, 11:27:47 AM »
That isn't such a big deal. I did something similar, when I was in high school. I used to superset flyes before bench presses, because I didn't have a lot of time to train.

Because there was no pec-deck on the big Universal gym thing, I used the cable row thing to do one-armed flyes for each peck, followed by the bench press.

The side you trained last the previous set you train first the next set. NO big deal.

One arm flyes...sounds like a great excercise  ::)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2010, 11:37:31 AM »
First of all, of course pro's are on the crank, but how come 1 million others are on it and they aren't pro?  ::)  gee, tough one to grasp eh? :D

It's a pretty common trend that most pro's use short, explosive movements. I wonder if maybe, just maybe, it's because they work the best for muscle growth. Hummm, oh yea, it's just the juice.  :D

Or maybe its fucking ego....partial reps on EVERYTHING.  Wasnt it Branch warren who has said recently that its the "short, explosive movements" that caused the majority of his injuries....or at least contributed to them?

Show me the 1,000,000 that use the amounts pros do....as well as do the things that most pros do in order to BECOME pro (g4p...etc)

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2010, 11:46:20 AM »
Or maybe its fucking ego....partial reps on EVERYTHING.  Wasnt it Branch warren who has said recently that its the "short, explosive movements" that caused the majority of his injuries....or at least contributed to them?

Show me the 1,000,000 that use the amounts pros do....as well as do the things that most pros do in order to BECOME pro (g4p...etc)

You must be naive. Do you know how many guys there are out there taking boatloads of juice? And the ones that are brave enough to compete can't even win a local show. I've known tons of them in my lifetime.

You honestly think pro's are pro's because they have more money to spend on juice then the non-pro's?  If you don't have genetics, drive and a good work ethic, all the steroids in the world won't get you anywhere.

RAZA-BLADE

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2010, 12:50:00 PM »
You must be naive. Do you know how many guys there are out there taking boatloads of juice? And the ones that are brave enough to compete can't even win a local show. I've known tons of them in my lifetime.

You honestly think pro's are pro's because they have more money to spend on juice then the non-pro's?  If you don't have genetics, drive and a good work ethic, all the steroids in the world won't get you anywhere.

I agree, but you forgot good response to the sauce.  Agreed genetics, drive and all that play a role, but one's response to juice plays a huge role in how big they will get and how quickly.  Like Levrone being able to put on 40 pounds of solid mass in the matter of months.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2010, 01:03:21 PM »
I agree, but you forgot good response to the sauce.  Agreed genetics, drive and all that play a role, but one's response to juice plays a huge role in how big they will get and how quickly.  Like Levrone being able to put on 40 pounds of solid mass in the matter of months.

Yes, i forgot that one and agree

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2010, 01:04:15 PM »

...and if you arent ready to fuck a grapefruit or do "other things"....you arent ready to be pro.  Right or wrong?  Again, do you HONESTLY think that douche would be anywhere close to what he weighs right now if he wasn't 'on'?  Be honest.

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2010, 01:05:57 PM »
...and if you arent ready to fuck a grapefruit or do "other things"....you arent ready to be pro.  Right or wrong?  Again, do you HONESTLY think that douche would be anywhere close to what he weighs right now if he wasn't 'on'?  Be honest.

If he still trained as hard, ate the same and did everything the same I'd say Knock off about 30 lbs, maybe 40.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2010, 05:45:54 PM »
If he still trained as hard, ate the same and did everything the same I'd say Knock off about 30 lbs, maybe 40.

30 or 40....ummm....ok

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2010, 05:56:07 PM »

Maybe those who place higher use more gear?  ;)

Flexb

• Getbig IV
  • word
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2010, 05:58:23 PM »
30 or 40....ummm....ok

Dude I can speak from experience. I went off juice after many years and only lost 15 lbs and still was 235 lbs and I'm no Johnnie Jackson.

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • built through sweat, but no tears
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2010, 09:33:35 PM »
DrugFree4Life - you need to quit typing.  With each new keystroke you sound more and more ignorant.  Yes, drugs play a big part, but drugs alone will not make you a pro.  Let's just leave it at that.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2010, 09:41:53 PM »
DrugFree4Life - you need to quit typing.  With each new keystroke you sound more and more ignorant.  Yes, drugs play a big part, but drugs alone will not make you a pro.  Let's just leave it at that.

I am far from ignorant.....seriously.. ..the bullshit that goes into the "pros" nowadays.....so much more than just simple "training hard and eating right".  Agreed?

wicknilly

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • built through sweat, but no tears
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2010, 07:50:00 AM »
I am far from ignorant.....seriously.. ..the bullshit that goes into the "pros" nowadays.....so much more than just simple "training hard and eating right".  Agreed?

agreed...but w/out the training and the eating the drugs wouldn't even matter.  nobody is saying that drugs don't matter on a pro level

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 08:42:03 AM »
One arm flyes...sounds like a great excercise  ::)

You use what you have. There was no pec-dec and no dumbbells.

So, to do the pre-exhaust thing, I used the low-row cable to do those flyes.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2010, 08:44:22 AM »

He wasn't doing partial-reps on those exercises. What video were you watching?

As for Jackson's ego, HELLLOOOOOO!!! The man's a powerlifter, with the trophies in competition to prove it. I don't think ego is an issue for him.