Author Topic: PBW #200 -- The Europa Dallas Report - Plus: Vince Taylor (Listen Now)  (Read 47983 times)

Andrew1

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PBW Announcement - Episode #200

PBW Welcomes Vince Taylor - Plus: The Europa Report (Replay Now Available)

Only 2 Bodybuilders Won More Pro titles than Vince Taylor.....and that's just the beginning!  

When faced with the challenge of booking a guest worthy of it's 200th Broadcast, "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly" went (NEARLY) all the way to the top of the IFBB's all-time victory list.  On this weeks show, we welcome back one of the most decorated bodybuilders of all time....and one of the most opinionated!  For the first time in nearly 5 years,Vince Taylor visits bodybuilding talk radio to share his emotional journey since his retirement and the legacy he left behind. - Presented by MuscleTech, PBW's 200th Show also includes a report from Dallas following the annual Europa Supershow.  

Tune in LIVE on MONDAY - 8pm ET at www.BodybuildingRadio.co m  
Replays Provided courtesy of Bodybuilding.com

Presented by MuscleTech and brought to you by Bodybuilding.com and Flex Magazine.
Additional sponsors include Xenadrine, The Muscle Asylum Project, Six Star Muscle and BodySpace!
PBW: The Official radio show of Joe Weider's Olympia Weekend.
The presenting sponsor of the annual "Pro Bodybuilding Weekly Championships" in Tampa, FL
and a proud supporter of the NPC's USA Championships!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Vince Taylor = The most under-rated bodybuilder of all time!  Period.

Stavios

Great choice !!!!!

Tell him Stavios from Getbig said hi, I am sure it will make his day

powermaxx9

• Getbig II
I think Vince Taylor's success as a pro is limited by - and defined by - the era in which he competed.

He'll be remembered as one of the top guys, in the top era in the sport's history (early 1990s).

However, if he competed TODAY at his peak, he'd be top 2 Olympia without trying.  Unfortunately, he was up against Cormier, Levrone, Ray and Wheeler in their primes, battling for the runner up slots to yates and haney.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Lots to talk about the top 5 placings at the Europa Pro contest for the Men's Open.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
I think Vince Taylor's success as a pro is limited by - and defined by - the era in which he competed.

He'll be remembered as one of the top guys, in the top era in the sport's history (early 1990s).

However, if he competed TODAY at his peak, he'd be top 2 Olympia without trying.  Unfortunately, he was up against Cormier, Levrone, Ray and Wheeler in their primes, battling for the runner up slots to yates and haney.

I dunno if he'd be top 2 olympia today... certainly top 6... they don't build em like that anymore.

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Vince Taylor = The most under-rated bodybuilder of all time!  Period.

How do you mean he was underrated?  He's won the third most shows, was endorsed even past his prime, and got tons of pub from the time after he broke out his terminator routine for the first time at the O.  In an era with the likes of Haney, Dorian, Flex, Levrone, Labrada, Ray, Flex, Francois, Cottrell, and others I think he got about the right amount of respect and pub (maybe even more because of his likeablility). 

I agree with you that he's a great bodybuilder, just not that he was underrated.  Everyone knew they were up against a great competitor who would come in good condition, and win over the crowd.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
How do you mean he was underrated?  He's won the third most shows, was endorsed even past his prime, and got tons of pub from the time after he broke out his terminator routine for the first time at the O.

The guy has the 3rd most wins of all time... yet these other guys (levrone, ray, wheeler, cormier) are almost always mentioned first - and they're from the same era.

AVBG

The guy has the 3rd most wins of all time... yet these other guys (levrone, ray, wheeler, cormier) are almost always mentioned first - and they're from the same era.

totally agree. Taylor is a hall of fame calibre bodybuilder. props to Dan and the team to getting to 200 episodes.

David M

• Getbig II
WHY DOES VINCE TAYLOR GET NO RESPECT? (POLL)
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 07:53:30 PM »
He just went on PBW radio and sounded like he feels betrayed.  He won a million more shows than Rich Gaspari and 3rd most pro wins in history and for some reason no body talks about him as one of the greats. 
Is this because of:

A. He really wasn't that good.

B. Race

C. Guys with big mouths like Shawn get more respect than they should.

D. ?
Team MEL

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: WHY DOES VINCE TAYLOR GET NO RESPECT? (POLL)
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 07:55:20 PM »
C.

I met Vince at a few shows in the early 2000's. Great guy, humble as can be and sported a classic physique well into his 40's. He is one of the all time greats, no doubt about it.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 07:57:13 PM »
He just went on PBW radio and sounded like he feels betrayed.  He won a million more shows than Rich Gaspari and 3rd most pro wins in history and for some reason no body talks about him as one of the greats. 
Is this because of:

B. Race

D. ?

Because no one talks about Ronnie, Haney, Wheeler, Sean, Levrone etc as greats

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 08:29:21 PM »
Who ???
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Been real, been nice...but it hasnt been Real Nice
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 08:45:03 PM »
Is this because of:

B. Race

D. ?

thats weird, i didnt know he had that many pro wins............for some reason he kinda flies under the radar

i think his age has to do with it too, with the younger generation.....most only know the guys who won the olympia

like after lee haney, no one, who is in their 20-30, know all that many guys who competed back then............rich gaspari wouldnt be talked about as much, and he isnt really, other then he is one of the supplement scam big-wigs shyster criminals

btw..........who has the most pro wins.........ronnie?

who has the second most? 

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 08:46:58 PM »
Maybe he was too humble and not a loud mouth whiner like some others and decided not to open a supplement company. He is probably the one with the best physique from all the pros of his time and age.

He competed 3-4 years ago and looked amazing, I think he placed 11th at '06 O.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 08:58:30 PM »
Vince is easily one of the 10 or 15 best bodybuilders ever! He looks great even today at 52 while many of his fellow bodybuilders are no longer competitive! Just my 2 cents.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 09:01:23 PM »
Great physique!

X

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »
levrone has second most wins

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 09:07:35 PM »
btw..........who has the most pro wins.........ronnie?

who has the second most? 

Ronnie has the most pro wins, followed by Kevin Levrone. VT is third.

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 09:19:56 PM »
Great physique!

those calves are sick in that photo......rarely do you see those high black guy claves get that big, look like grapefruits

probably a lil' oil assisted

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 09:27:28 PM »

those calves are sick in that photo......rarely do you see those high black guy claves get that big, look like grapefruits

probably a lil' oil assisted

I thought synthol was relatively new?
X

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 09:36:08 PM »

new as in the last 15 years...........

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 09:37:52 PM »

new as in the last 15 years...........

Wow, its been around that long? So, why the big hype over it now? Is it because its being more abused these days?
X

~UN_$ung~

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 09:47:12 PM »
Wow, its been around that long? So, why the big hype over it now? Is it because its being more abused these days?

its actually calmed down a little now, (that or guys learned how to use it more subtly)........five or six years ago there were pros walking around with all kind of funky parts

but then again, BFG said the other days hany rambod's whole FST-7 protocol is based on site injections with SEOs..........so who the fuck knows, apparently flex wheeler used to have plastic surgeons do hsi injections,. so there are ways to use it without it looking obvious

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 09:58:38 PM »

As crazy as it is to believe, that picture is new, or at least not very old.  It was taken at the 2006 Australia Pro, mere months before Vince turned 50:

http://tinyurl.com/28j9otv
Bodybuilding Pro.com