Author Topic: Bob Chick Multi Winner Mr. Olympia  (Read 33166 times)

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
Re: Bob Chick Multi Winner Mr. Olympia
« Reply #100 on: May 31, 2011, 02:59:24 AM »
I respect Bob because even though he did gay for pay at The Mirage.... it was strictly underwear on and just wrestling and schmoe squatting. Bob drew the line at penis action and that shows he is a man with principles.

I do like Chick but at the same time the mirage bits ARE funny

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #101 on: May 31, 2011, 10:42:26 AM »
You LEFT competitive bbing though, from what I remember. It was not like they were screwing you left and right, you split and when you returned got your pro card.

I still remember reading about it in Flex years ago, there was a big to do. I remember thinking "Who is this guy?" but you are alright with me. So many turn away from bbing without ever getting that pro card, and I will bet my left shoe someday they will be sitting there at 60 drinking scotch at 9:30am wondering how it might have felt..if only things had gone better...

I never left, I just wasn't placing  very well...you don't hear too much about the guys in 10-15th...lol

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #102 on: May 31, 2011, 11:00:03 AM »
do you Emcee all 3 shows, chick?.....Mr O, Arnold classic NY Pro?
Get Big, or Die Trying

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2011, 11:15:40 AM »
I never left, I just wasn't placing  very well...you don't hear too much about the guys in 10-15th...lol
Chick was jacked and tanned back in the day no doubt a big dude.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2011, 11:16:31 AM »
do you Emcee all 3 shows, chick?.....Mr O, Arnold classic NY Pro?

I emcee pretty much everything EXCEPT the Arnold...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2011, 11:20:15 AM »
Pretty accurate..

Had I turned pro back in 1989 USA, instead of 2000 USA...I might have had a different approach...Simply took too long to turn pro.

That's the one that Eddie "Major Guns" Robinson won. He was one of my favorites, back in the day.

BTW, when Eddie jumped to the WBF, word is that they were asking some amateurs to join their ranks. Did you get any offers from the World Bodybuilding Federation?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: May 31, 2011, 01:14:11 PM »
That's the one that Eddie "Major Guns" Robinson won. He was one of my favorites, back in the day.

BTW, when Eddie jumped to the WBF, word is that they were asking some amateurs to join their ranks. Did you get any offers from the World Bodybuilding Federation?

yes, as  I explained  in my post earlier...Both Paul DeMayo and I received invitations to compete.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #107 on: May 31, 2011, 01:36:02 PM »

But where are all the higher placers now vs where you are? 

Just sayin'...

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #108 on: May 31, 2011, 01:43:02 PM »

Oh. Gotcha.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 31, 2011, 01:54:07 PM »
But where are all the higher placers now vs where you are? 

Just sayin'...

many of them I passed up when I did get my pro card....they weren't  better BBers, just better that day because I would be so far off...once I got my shit together, I believe I did pretty good for the time I competed and how far I was willing to push the envelope...

once my business side became relevant, I focused more on that,  then my actual competing...I became a better spokesman, than a better BB....as I knew it would have longevity in the business...

Speaking of which....MAJOR announcement coming this week.  should make all the haters hate me even more....

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 31, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »
once my business side became relevant, I focused more on that,  then my actual competing...I became a better spokesman, than a better BB....as I knew it would have longevity in the business...

Speaking of which....MAJOR announcement coming this week.  should make all the haters hate me even more....

Bob, how much time do you devote to being the "athletes' rep?" 

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 31, 2011, 02:19:02 PM »
Bob, how much time do you devote to being the "athletes' rep?" 

As much as is necessary to make positive change for the future...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 31, 2011, 02:30:07 PM »
As much as is necessary to make positive change for the future...

This is no knock on you at all Bob...but Bodybuilding is not changing for the better....you and I were discussing on here years ago about the need to have more contests and to possibly have the bodybuilders split into leagues so to speak...like the national and american leagues in baseball and maybe have divisions where BB'ers could compete with each other head to head...to create rivalries, competition, etc

Bodybuilding needs a massive overhaul......all of the shows are terrible except the Olympia.....even the Arnold is going backwards somewhat.....I'm tired of seeing shows where its Dexter and some other guys...most shows are now 3rd and 4th tier shows

also I would like you to become more vocal about the extreme drug use.....I would like to see a system in place where you could really see who has the best genetic potential and not who wins by having access to the best gear......

maybe have drug testing where guys are allowed to use a certain amount of hormones but not go over the top.....no insulin...no diuretics...no HGH.....maybe limit gear to two or three types of test..nothing more

I know this is difficult..just using this as an example.....any thoughts...can the BB industry REALLY reform itself???...and give us your ideas about a solution

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #113 on: May 31, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »

also I would like you to become more vocal about the extreme drug use.....I would like to see a system in place where you could really see who has the best genetic potential and not who wins by having access to the best gear......

why should something that you have had no contribution to-i.e genetics- be a better representative of your worth than the ability to access the best gear

.maybe have drug testing where guys are allowed to use a certain amount of hormones but not go over the top.....no insulin...no diuretics...no HGH.....maybe limit gear to two or three types of test..nothing more

it seems you really have given this some real thinking....
and then came out with one of dumbest ideas ever , shit i am getting tired just of thinking of how many ways that is a dumb idea

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: May 31, 2011, 06:00:07 PM »
bob when does your b.s. stop
w

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #115 on: May 31, 2011, 06:19:51 PM »
Bob, which show do you feel like you were most screwed over in as an amateur? Just curious...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: May 31, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »

why should something that you have had no contribution to-i.e genetics- be a better representative of your worth than the ability to access the best gear

it seems you really have given this some real thinking....
and then came out with one of dumbest ideas ever , shit i am getting tired just of thinking of how many ways that is a dumb idea

you goddamn fag retard....at least I came up with an idea...where's yours????.. its not just about the genetic potential its about who works the hardest to bring up their potential...its genetics plus hard work....

I used the idea above as an example..i'm not saying its workable..just an idea to start the discussion with..why did you feel the need to take it so seriously and criticize???..just counter it with your own argument....

If you have nothing constructive to say then shut the hell up and go jerk off over on the explicit sex board you fag bastard

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 31, 2011, 06:31:22 PM »
Bob, which show do you feel like you were most screwed over in as an amateur? Just curious...

The 1989 North American...no question about it.  should have won and earned my pro card there...there was a strange judging panel assembled because the 1989 Olympia was the same weekend in Rimini Italy, which all the regular urges were at....I ended up in 4th after just beating the two guys in front of me at the USA, and was sharper than Morant, who just  beat me at the USA by one point.

as a pro, The 2002 Olympia...judges table 55 Ft. Away from the stage, Wayne pulling his usual shit...18th was a joke

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: May 31, 2011, 06:36:11 PM »
The 1989 North American...no question about it.  should have won and earned my pro card there...there was a strange judging panel assembled because the 1989 Olympia was the same weekend in Rimini Italy, which all the regular urges were at....I ended up in 4th after just beating the two guys in front of me at the USA, and was sharper than Morant, who just  beat me at the USA by one point.

as a pro, The 2002 Olympia...judges table 55 Ft. Away from the stage, Wayne pulling his usual shit...18th was a joke

what does this mean Bob?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: May 31, 2011, 06:42:22 PM »
Exactly what it says...placing a judges table 55 ft. Away from the stage so he could sell more VIP tickets was ridiculous...the judges were using the big screen to judge...

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2011, 06:42:25 PM »

Freudian slip Bob? ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2011, 06:47:39 PM »
Judges.

More like a IPad slip

not sure what it would mean anyway, as it makes no sense....

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2011, 06:51:07 PM »
Judges.

More like a IPad slip

not sure what it would mean anyway, as it makes no sense....
Understood.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2011, 06:56:56 PM »
Pro athletes rep = getting the shaft!
Living in Florida = getting the shaft
New contract = getting the shaft
Pro Card = asskissers anonymous
Mirage Hotel = where reputations are made