Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 742198 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #7425 on: June 16, 2021, 08:59:35 PM »
He still logs in, but hasn't posted for 6 months LMAO. I hope he posts and enjoys himself if bitcoin dumps below 10K.

If there is an economic crash it will actually be really interesting to see just how and why bitcoin crashes (if at all) and how it responds.

This will actually give us a far better insight into the long term prospects of bitcoin than a 65k bitcoin price in a bull run.

Mr A has predicted a stock market crash every year since 2010 onwards until 2020. So far, he has not had a single year of being correct, although even a broken clock will eventually tell the correct time for a split second...

Regarding Bitcoin he called it a bubble and "vaporware" back when it was just $300 per coin. His stubbornness and pig-headedness did not work out well for him (at least in these areas of investing - I suspect in others areas he must have done OK).

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7426 on: June 16, 2021, 09:05:23 PM »
No doubt the last 7-8 years have been strange. Nothing makes sense. Central planners will keep their pedal on the gas until the tires come off it seems.

John Maynard Keynes  - “The stock market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.”

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7427 on: June 16, 2021, 10:00:01 PM »
Tether could hit the shitter in a serious financial crash. It's balls deep in the stockmarket and holds very little $. So market trust in crypto and BTC will crash harder than anyone is expecting. Under these circumstances it may look like BTC is dead, but it could potentially emerge as a phoenix from the ashes, especially if we enter an economic depression and BTC rockets. That's what I'll be looking for to help convince me that BTC is legit. At the very least there should be some gains to be made.

Thanks for the input, always good insight.

USD up almost 1% which is a warning shot fired. Deflationary event before inflationary policy and outcome.

I agree if this triggers a large market sell off Bitcoin gunna get fucked into oblivion. Back half of the month never a rally ;)

The question is going to be whether they gun for Saylor. What if that 500M he raised is to protect his share price? Everyone assumes it’s for BTC but if BTC price gets dumped hard they’re gunna short his stock into the ground and he has a duty to shareholders, not just his Bitcoin fantasy…….

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #7428 on: June 16, 2021, 10:04:20 PM »
For what it’s worth, according to Bollinger himself in a tweet, the current range is the bottom for BTC.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #7429 on: June 16, 2021, 10:10:57 PM »
 Microstrategy will be buying another $1 billion of BTC.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7430 on: June 16, 2021, 10:17:57 PM »

News that retail Twitter has FOMO’d into the price already.

How about this one….

The debt raise of 500M is used to defend the share price.

The sale of 1B in shares is for purchase of BtC after he defends the share price and keeps the business alive…..

For what it’s worth, according to Bollinger himself in a tweet, the current range is the bottom for BTC.

Yeah and you watch him backpedal “oh I meant bottom of the existing range”.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #7431 on: June 16, 2021, 10:37:21 PM »

How about this one….

The sale of 1B in shares is for purchase of BtC after he defends the share price and keeps the business alive…..

Either way, another $1 billion is going into BTC.

This is what Bollinger said:

“Bottom in place, prices trying to move higher, first real target is the bottom side of the prior range, call it 48 to 50k. Play it as it lays. $btcusd #Bitcoin “

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7432 on: June 16, 2021, 11:42:35 PM »
Over time I think we will easily see another Trillion go into BTC. Could happen quite fast too..

IRON CROSS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7433 on: June 16, 2021, 11:46:13 PM »

Try to repay China debt with those 'coins'  :D

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7434 on: June 17, 2021, 01:19:20 AM »
Either way, another $1 billion is going into BTC.

This is what Bollinger said:

“Bottom in place, prices trying to move higher, first real target is the bottom side of the prior range, call it 48 to 50k. Play it as it lays. $btcusd #Bitcoin “

Yeah the bottom for this range is what he means, not the proper bottom dude ;)

If it was 1B by Apple or Facebook then sure, I’d be happy. But this is 1B by the same largest buyer since the pandemic who has constantly increased his own downside risk exposure and also the downside risk to every holder.

Quite a few models have broken now and the influencers continue to laugh it off and ridicule/block anybody who questions the breaking. Everyone looks like a hero when it goes up and then 97% get wrecked when it goes down.

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7435 on: June 17, 2021, 02:54:42 AM »

How about this one….

Im going to play devils advocate. 600m senior secured notes raised due by 2028 at 6.128%.  Do you think btc wont perform at 6.128% a year by 2028?  I expect  hedge funds to load up at a nice premium via MSTR.  My money is on the billionaire who lives in a pirateship.  I dont see a 70% dip from this price point.....but hey if it does, great entry point for you and flex.

This guy will go down with his ship or re write the investors playbook in a fast growing globally recognised new asset class. Microsteategy is his baby and has been for the last 30 years, you dont just kill off your children by gambling their future with nonsensical bets. I feel he has some inside info of whats coming back end of this year and obviously long term.

Im not sure what the Twitter landscape is saying but it works both ways. Takes a couple.more billionaires or institutions to dump a couple of billion into the market and every bear model you know breaks.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #7436 on: June 17, 2021, 03:09:39 AM »
The negativity has reached puke inducing levels.

See ya guys. Lol

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7437 on: June 17, 2021, 03:49:08 AM »
Over time I think we will easily see another Trillion go into BTC. Could happen quite fast too..

This was my original assertion. Institutions buying back in (hedge funds mostly), but I have my doubts now. Where do you see that money coming from?

Also the discussion around a billion or 2 entering the market doesn't really make a dent into the 1 trillion that dumped out of crypto. Let's put that into perspective, that's 1,000 billion!

I'm gonna menstruate. It's quad witching day tomorrow. I'm expecting a 25% BTC dump very soon.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Every brother ain't a brother.
« Reply #7438 on: June 17, 2021, 04:26:47 AM »
You guys have bummed me out.

I was almost going to buy some crypto-coinage...

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7439 on: June 17, 2021, 05:07:15 AM »

So Microstrategy will just continue to keep BTC on life support??

What happens why they stop leveraging themselves into the mix? Just seems a bit too sleazy from a market manipulation standpoint.

Saylor will soon have to auction off his kids, donate blood and start sucking dicks for money in order to squeeze out more capital to keep BTC's price up.

Where's Max Keiser during moments like these?

"1"

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7440 on: June 17, 2021, 05:51:01 AM »
Im going to play devils advocate. 600m senior secured notes raised due by 2028 at 6.128%.  Do you think btc wont perform at 6.128% a year by 2028?  I expect  hedge funds to load up at a nice premium via MSTR.  My money is on the billionaire who lives in a pirateship.  I dont see a 70% dip from this price point.....but hey if it does, great entry point for you and flex.

This guy will go down with his ship or re write the investors playbook in a fast growing globally recognised new asset class. Microsteategy is his baby and has been for the last 30 years, you dont just kill off your children by gambling their future with nonsensical bets. I feel he has some inside info of whats coming back end of this year and obviously long term.

Im not sure what the Twitter landscape is saying but it works both ways. Takes a couple.more billionaires or institutions to dump a couple of billion into the market and every bear model you know breaks.
Blended BTC buy is 24.3k for I believe 111,000 coins.

First 2 debt rounds are convertible bonds at 0% mature in 2028.

Share price dumped to $414 mid May and again last week. First bond raised at $397 so it was just above water last week and second bond is at $1,432 which was in distress.

What he can’t control is if an event happens where both BTC and Stock has a bad time, the bond holders may start dumping the bonds and the share price just keeps getting hammered and the board might ask for Saylor to dump Some BTC holdings.

Now why I mentioned the 500M possibly being to defend the share price is it rocketed 50% to $620 at the time the 500M deal was announced. Sure it could be the market but Saylor never announced any Bitcoin purchases and then straight after this we hear of a 1B share sale notice. So I’m saying where’s the 500M go if you didn’t buy BTC but your share price rallied. Coincidental? Probably but we will know soon enough if he purchases just 1B in BTC.

I dunno obviously but I find it pretty fascinating.

You guys have bummed me out.

I was almost going to buy some crypto-coinage...

I have posted charts and factual data of what I have posted so make of it what you will.

If I was going to buy anything today I’d YOLO it all in Doge and if Elon launches his own crypto I’d YOLO into that.

I know Bindare hates him but I’m not going to bet against the spaceship guy. Look at the world, we worship memes.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7441 on: June 17, 2021, 06:12:05 AM »

I know Bindare hates him but I’m not going to bet against the spaceship govt asset guy. Look at the world, we worship memes.

Musk is like Zuckerberg, Gates and Bezos....seem to have a lot going on and a lot of special treatment for what they appear to be.

BTC still around 39k and people are disappointed....gambler's blues.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7442 on: June 17, 2021, 07:43:59 AM »
Mr A has predicted a stock market crash every year since 2010 onwards until 2020. So far, he has not had a single year of being correct, although even a broken clock will eventually tell the correct time for a split second...

I think he has been right 50% of the time. For instance, since 2010, we experienced 5 distinct market crashes in the USA.

5/6/2010 - Flash crash of the Down Jones. The Dow dropped nearly 1,000 points before a partial recovery.

8/1/2011 - S&P 500 entered a short-lived bear market between 2 May 2011 (intraday high: 1,370.58) and 04 October 2011 (intraday low: 1,074.77), a decline of 21.58%.

8/18/2015 - The Dow fell 588 points during a two-day period, 1,300 points from August 18–21. On Monday, August 24, world stock markets were down substantially, wiping out all gains made in 2015, with interlinked drops in commodities such as oil, which hit a six-year price low, copper, and most of Asian currencies, but the Japanese yen, losing value against the United States dollar. With this plunge, an estimated ten trillion dollars had been wiped off the books on global markets since June 3.

9/20/2018 - The 2018 cryptocurrency crash. The S&P 500 index peaked at 2930 on its September 20 close and dropped 19.73% to 2351 by Christmas Eve. Bitcoin price peaked on 17 Dec '17, then fell 45% on 22nd Dec '17. The DJIA falls 18.78% during roughly the same period. Shanghai Composite dropped to a four-year low, escalating their economic downturn since the 2015 recession.

2/24/2020 - The S&P 500 index dropped 34%, 1145 points, at its peak of 3386 on February 19 to 2237 on March 23.

Keeping in mind that people very often throw the term "Stock Market Crash" in the air, but don't always take into account that there are distinct percentage differences that distinguished what constitutes a market drop following a crash, correction and bear market. If Mr. A meant a stock market crash like in the great depression, that's a different story altogether. 

Regarding Bitcoin he called it a bubble and "vaporware" back when it was just $300 per coin. His stubbornness and pig-headedness did not work out well for him (at least in these areas of investing - I suspect in others areas he must have done OK).

I disagree with his stance on BTC being vaporware, but he is also a staunch supporter of gold, which I also disagree with at this point in time. Back before the 1970's, I would have said gold is a great investment and hedge against inflation. But after 1971, following Nixon's decoupling of the dollar to gold, that was the paradigm shift that sealed gold's fate in my mind. 

I can see Mr Anabolic cracking his knuckles, fingers hovering over his keyboard

I am patiently awaiting his triumphant return to the battlegrounds. While his views might be a tad extreme at times, the market is certainly behaving in his favor.

I see him moonwalking in to this little piece:

"1"

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7443 on: June 17, 2021, 07:44:15 AM »
Panama to Present Crypto-Related Bill in July

Following El Salvador, opposition politician Gabriel Silva says he is seeking consensus to make cryptocurrency legal tender in Panama.

Next month, Panamanian congressman Gabriel Silva plans to present a bill that could potentially spearhead the adoption of cryptocurrencies as legal tender and create tax incentives for crypto-related businesses.

After El Salvador’s president, Nayib Bukele, announced he was proposing a law to make bitcoin (BTC, -1.05%) legal tender, Silva tweeted on June 7 that if Panama wanted to become a true hub of technology and entrepreneurship, it should also support cryptocurrencies.

“I found El Salvador’s project positive, ambitious, interesting and with good acceptance,” Silva said, adding that he seeks to adapt that project to the reality of Panama and constitute a “positive competition.”

This month Silva and his team will now gather comments from different parties, including lawyers, bitcoin users, crypto-related companies and government officials, the lawmaker told CoinDesk. Panama is the latest Latin American nation to debate cryptocurrencies, joining Paraguay and El Salvador, which recognized bitcoin as legal tender earlier this month.

Silva did not disclose further details about the bill’s specifics, but he said he would define its content after talks with stakeholders.

Panama’s current constitution prohibits the government from mandating only certain currencies as legal tender, Silva said, which could facilitate the incorporation of bitcoin as a currency.

https://www.coindesk.com/panama-to-present-crypto-related-bill-in-july

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7444 on: June 17, 2021, 08:16:02 AM »
That's a not a good thing about Microstrategy buying and holding.  You want trading to drive up price, not hoarders who are just holding on and not letting go.  they aren't helping.  Sure sure, supply and demand etc... but these big holders will crash the value once it reaches whatever target they are waiting to hit.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7445 on: June 17, 2021, 08:56:52 AM »
Panama to Present Crypto-Related Bill in July

Although extremely premature to state, I think these could be the initial steps we will refer back to when describing the initial demise of the world central banks. Yes, El Salvador and Panamá are small in the grand scheme of things, but 2 South American countries can set a trend that slowly leads to the majority of South American countries integrating cryptocurrencies into their economies. A strong wave of decentralization can occur starting in South America. This wave can then follow in the continent of Africa along with all its nation states. Then, possibilities are endless.

Granted, while all of this is possible, I did just read that the World Bank said it can't assist El Salvador with the implementation of Bitcoin given its environmental and transparency shortcomings.

So we'll see..

"1"

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Every brother ain't a brother.
« Reply #7446 on: June 17, 2021, 09:12:58 AM »
Panama, El Salvador?

Banana republics going in for bitcoin is a real confidence booster.

That's definitely a plus.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #7447 on: June 17, 2021, 09:26:14 AM »
Panama, El Salvador?

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #7448 on: June 17, 2021, 09:27:55 AM »
Panama, El Salvador?

Those countries will sink even lower if they depend on crypto.

Coffeed

• Getbig IV
  • Athletes representative for Grifted Nutrition.
« Reply #7449 on: June 17, 2021, 10:46:45 AM »
Don't they say crypto can mostly buy black market shit right now? Seems to play right into Panama's strength.